Soo Cubus - Prostitution Sim

OP
Sexums

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Soo Cubus - Prostitution Sim

Okay, feeling better. Lesse.

Just saw the new poll, Since majority is on pixelation of cut scene art, what will happen to the current art during cut scenes?

Since the art is great and smooth, while you already have some cut scene art for multiple characters, will they not be used? :c
I'll put the current scenes up on the blog, if that's the case, so you can view 'em at your leisure. I wanted to update them anyway, since some of the art is meh, so they'd need to be changed anyway.

Also, if it makes any difference to you, the pixelated art will probably be based heavily on what I already have. So it'll be a change, but not a massive change.

Found a kinda gamebreaking bug (free money, basically). What do I get if I tell you? :p
Eternal gratitude?

(If it's the horse racing one, I already know, and it's fixed in the next build. People can have fun with it in this build.)

Wow, no idea how I've missed this game, it's great! My only problem is that once the rent pops up to 800$, it's getting too hard to pay it every day. Also the game would benefit greatly from some more CG's, but that's probably asking for too much :p
Yeah, first-time players seem to have trouble keeping up with the rent in the later days. You need to unlock the more cost-effective areas as early as you can, and pump your Charisma as high as you can get it. I'd suggest taking the Charisma-building ability if you have troubles, as it'll build your Chr automatically and make money-making a little easier.

As for the CGs, there will be more. Though judging by the poll on the devblog they're probably going to be converted to pixel art, so it'll be a while before you see new ones. Have to change the old ones first. Gonna delay forward progress a bit, but the game's already flying along more quickly than I anticipated, so...

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Aww... Yeah, it's the horse racing one :c

Monkey Boy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You're changing the art? I guess it's cool to go from NES to SNES graphics and all, but won't that take a lot longer and require more work on your end?

OP
Sexums

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You're changing the art? I guess it's cool to go from NES to SNES graphics and all, but won't that take a lot longer and require more work on your end?
Only the cut scene art. And it's dependent on the vote. Though I'm pretty sure the vote is for pixel art over traditional. I'd always planned on going back and improving the cut scene stuff, so it's not that big a deal.

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

Can someone please make a resume about all the endings and explain how to have it?

I found the two bad end (100 days and landlord) but is there any other?

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Instead of the extra starting cash, I'd like to suggest bumping the amount of distributable points. Basically, trade the extra safety net and chance of free points from the random training freebies for a faster start and an effective extra day on the clock.

OP
Sexums

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Instead of the extra starting cash, I'd like to suggest bumping the amount of distributable points. Basically, trade the extra safety net and chance of free points from the random training freebies for a faster start and an effective extra day on the clock.
Not a bad idea. It also gives me the thought of allowing you to distribute points to either your starting money or your stats. You get, say, 6 points or so, and you can either add it to your stats, or allocate it straight to your funds. To make money more attractive I could also make each point worth $150, allowing players to start off with a bit more choice.

I'll ponder it. In the meantime, new build. Monster lovers should be pleased.

Monkey Boy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Landlord missionary position seems to be bugged. It animates very slow.

OP
Sexums

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Landlord missionary position seems to be bugged. It animates very slow.
It's meant to be slow and awkward.

New build, y'all. Check the devblog. Sid now has a home, and there are more ability-related animations for you to fuck about with.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

That's a lot of content you've been putting into your recent patches. Damn. Also, I found the new ending. VERY grandiose.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's a lot of content you've been putting into your recent patches. Damn. Also, I found the new ending. VERY grandiose.
sorry, what do you mean by that =p? dont think i've seen the new ending yet.

Razeluxe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Tried this out when you first posted and haven't since. Nice to see the amount of work you're actually putting into this. Hope things go smooth for ya.

OP
Sexums

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the praise, guys. Kept forgetting to post about new builds here. Think I'm... two weeks behind...? Maybe three? Glad you're still finding the game anyway.

(And yeah, the 'grandiose' ending was something of a tribute to the Nippon Ichi games, where you often become a Demon Lord or Overlord or whatnot in the alt endings. Never realized it, but Soo is at least superficially similar to Priere. If only my sprite work was as good...)

Anyway. New build! The sewers are revamped! There are more monsters! There's a new area available in Hard Mode that I fucked up, so you don't even need to play Hard Mode to unlock the damned thing! Yaaaay!

prinnyleader77

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Its been a while since I visited this thread, now I find a kind of tribute to Nippon Ichi? This game is just getting better!

OP
Sexums

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Its been a while since I visited this thread, now I find a kind of tribute to Nippon Ichi? This game is just getting better!
The cut scenes from the Disgaea games more or less informed how I did the ones in Soo Cubus. Though, ah, don't think there's gonna be voice acting any time soon.

New build! Lotsa cut scene related stuff!

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow the Big-D killed your lovers huh. Is there a way to prevent that apart from just stopping seeing those lovers?

FallenAngelMen

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

cheers for the new content, I just discovered I can click to progress scenes how long has that been there?

Thorn14

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

How do you room with cop lady? Did the prison a billion times.

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How do you room with cop lady? Did the prison a billion times.
Do not miss a day without going to prison. Miss just one day and it will not trigger.

FallenAngelMen

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

How many friends are there in the current version? think I read something about 6 of them and so far I found: Nerd, cop, sewer guy, movie guy and brothel gal.