Southern Sanctum

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Southern Sanctum

Although preferring to be unnoticed, Kua feared the silence, or worse yet, the anger that would perhaps break out from the current conversation.

"Can we please just focus on the situation at hand? We'll wait and then we'll go over how this all affects us, right?"

He then tried to go back to rubbing his eyes, hoping to still appear sleepy.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Lyanne walked into the office several minutes late holding a book under her arm.

"My studies were interrupted for this?" She asks, looking around the room. "Finally a bit of peace and quiet and I get called to a meeting with- MOM!" She pauses as she notices Saul and runs over to him. "Maybe this won't be so bad afterall."

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Ergh, another seemingly obnoxious half-breed," Servante mutters to himself. "If you've got nothing else to say to me, serpert, go away."

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Easy there boy, 's not like I'm the one that stole your skin. And I think you'll find you're the only one being obnoxious here."

"I have something to say to you, Selkie. Assuming your hatred for humans is based on the theft of your skin, how do you know a human stole it?"

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Because humans were nearby when I last left the ocean, thats how I know."

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Well I don't see any humans besides her *gestures to secretary*, and she's not done anything to you. If you're so sure it was humans, why act unfriendly to all races? Liven up a bit."

"He's not wrong."

((If the secretary isn't human, ignore the relevant statement.))

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"In the end all humans do is take and destroy, even the sea is being affected. If thats not reason enough to hate them then I dont know what is. And you all appear somewhat human, hence why you're all almost as bad. I'd not be in this form if it weren't for the fact that I don't have my skin."

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Look, we're all here to help out, and if you're the type to be angry and not helpful and not contribute, then what good are you? We can't at least wait in silence to hear what's going on? There's no reason to loop us all in with whoever may have stole your skin."

Kua thinks if he could have avoided this by speaking up sooner. Maybe he shouldn't have said anything at all, he thinks as he wishes he could just go back to sleep.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Saul, or "Mom" as his pupils and residents call him, reddens slightly and scoops up the tiny (to him, especially) Lycan in a warm hug, lifting her off the ground for a moment but being careful not to squeeze too hard.

"I'm very glad to see you safe, young one." He growls huskily with much fondness. Saul puts his young friend down and turns to look at the bickering, fetching a sigh. "Looks like I'd better stop a fight. I'm sure we'll all find out what's going on in a minute... hang out for a second."

The grizzled lycan, scarred but clever (and lucky) survivor of more brawls and battles than even he could easily remember, strides back into the center of the chamber. His voice booms out into the room.

"That's enough. It doesn't matter," he scans the room darkly, "how this illness started. It's affected all of us in some way, and any who ignore it do so at their OWN peril. We've been summoned. We're going to receive information. What we do with that information is, as always, our choice."

Saul bares his teeth a little. "It's also our choice whether we want to be informed or not. If you don't want to know what's going on," Saul stabs a finger at the exit, "leave. If you want to create strife in what's already a terrible situation, you can leave... or I'll eject you Myself."

The lycan's tone softens a bit and he sighs, "But I hope it doesn't come to that. For all we really know, we may be the only healthy individuals within miles. Only a fool would try to tackle a problem of this enormity without all the information they can possibly receive and all the help they can get. Human, Lycan, Selkie, Elf, Drow, Centaur and Cattaur, Naga and Birdfolk. Every race suffers the effects of the disease."

Saul looks around. "We're all in this together, like it or not."

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh, and I suppose Selkies are different? An exception? That you don't appear somewhat human, despite being able to assume the form of one, and therefore aren't almost as bad? There's nothing wrong with not liking that form, but the fact is, you DON'T have your skin. And it isn't our fault, so at least try to act like you have a heart. Or did the 'Filthy Humans' steal that along with your skin?"

Saul makes his speech before anything else can be said, throwing off the conversation.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious. We know that. No-one asked how it started, no-one's questioning why we're here. We were just trying to see if the Selkie could be SOCIABLE. Hint, hint."

Calcius approaches Saul and looks him straight in the face.

"I hope you feel real stupid now."

He turns away to move back to where he was, but stops mid turn and finishes.

"Cause I sure would, and I'd hate to be the odd one out."

Last edited:

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I believe the first thing almost everyone asked upon arrival is, 'why am I here?' Also the question of the disease's origin HAS been broached, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not." The lycan growls. "So you can stow the bickering and antagonism, and wait for what our host has to say. Or you and I could go outside and have a little chat, if you'd like to do that instead."

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Yeah, and you already told them why they were here when they asked! There was no need to repeat yourself! You wanna go?"

Before Calcius can do anything else, Corvus clamps a hand down on his shoulder.

"No. Not now."

"Rrrgh. Fine. But I wasn't the one trying to start the fight."

((BTW, I can't find anyone asking about the disease's origin.))

Last edited:

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I say the filthy humans brought this upon themselves," Servante says under his breath, though not trying too hard to be unnoticed. His expression only worsening now that he knows that he has been summoned due to this illness.
((Nobody asked, just implied in none-too-subtle a way. Calcius DID try to slam the door kinda hard on the old lycan; he was trying to reduce the blame and drama, best he knew how.))

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

(((Well fair enough, but Calcius is like that. He's impulsive and voices his opinion before considering the consequences. Initially, he actually tried to make a friendly gesture to Saul, but subtlety isn't his strong point.)))

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vance wakes up with a hiss, the conversation disturbing his sleep "Did I misss anything?" he asks, turning to Maithgen with a sleepy expression on his face, his yellow serpent eyes barely visible through his half-opened eyelids

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Nothing, but some pointless arguments amongst the others." Maithgen answers.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Orma had heard enough, and vocalized her thoughts as loudly as she could with her telepathy, her aim to cause a bit of a headache amongst the group.

ENOUGH! It doesn't matter right now who stole your skin Selkie. With this disease running rampant your as good as dying with or without it. Focus on what we can learn to counter, if not get rid of it, and then if it will please you, I will help you attempt to locate those responsible for stealing your skin. As for the rest of you, save your anger to be used constructively and to fuel your desire to find those responsible for this outbreak and stop them and the disease. Now, if we're quite finished with this, can we please turn our attention to the more important problem at hand?

After she was done, a hand moved up to massage at her temples, where a faint tension headache of her own was forming. She sent a second message to Saul only.

I hope I didn't overstep there, if so I apologize.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Alright everyone." The secretary let out another cough, "This illness is affecting everyone that was changed from being human, that includes the Selkies young man." she let out a shiver and then sighed, "How many of you have heard the history of Lazaro the destroyer?" Then she started coughing again, I'm going to have to continue to talk to you like this young ones, my voice is leaving me.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A chill ran down Orma's spine. She remembered her mother having mentioned the name and the history, though it wasn't fresh in her mind. What little she DID remember was enough to cause her to stiffen visibly. At this point, she was locked up for words, unable to speak, or think coherently.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"I've read of him in passing but I really don't know much I'm afraid."

Kua racked his tiny brain for anything about him, if he even ever actually heard of him or not

"He's got something to do with this?"