What's new

RPG Active [Studio FOW] Subverse

ryproar

Reputation score
Well thanks I guess. I am not bashing them for the questions but they could have said "It was already answered" and left it as that.
As far as making a new Steam account, NO to that. I have one account to make sure no one hacks my accounts (bank) I have lost over 500 in one week after the Fortnite fiasco.
They did post on the FAQ after all that harassment BS that it "Will only be on Steam" so that was told by the head honcho so yeah that is in stone now.
And the Kickstarter 13 thing is not me saying "Hey I want it for free" it is me saying "13 only gets you a base edition." Where as I know that it is going to be released on Steam (sigh)
I am just saying that if you pay into it and half way through they say "We said to Hell with it too hard." OR "steam told us no after they saw the content" then what? You are down x amount and then you get nothing but they get to keep it all.

I am just watching my assets and my hard earned money. I mean if you want to make a game by all means do it, BUT until I see ACTUAL game play or a demo popping out I will assume they have made a small tech video just to snare money. And I know people do this on Patreon all the time, but let's be honest here. If I don't see any info or any solid proof that it is going to be continuously worked on I won't touch it. All I am saying is they make videos very well, but this is their first BIG game and from what I was told and researched about the other big game they did they have not convinced me they can do it. You can throw money at anything all you want tbh I am not bashing on the fans for that, but let's say you fund a game to be released on only one platform and after 3 months the platform says "we changed our minds, now we don't want this here." then what? All I am saying is if they don't want to prove they have a back up plan to everyone fine, but to me that is a deal breaker.

H.A.C.K.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well thanks I guess. I am not bashing them for the questions but they could have said "It was already answered" and left it as that.
As far as making a new Steam account, NO to that. I have one account to make sure no one hacks my accounts (bank) I have lost over 500 in one week after the Fortnite fiasco.
They did post on the FAQ after all that harassment BS that it "Will only be on Steam" so that was told by the head honcho so yeah that is in stone now.
And the Kickstarter 13 thing is not me saying "Hey I want it for free" it is me saying "13 only gets you a base edition." Where as I know that it is going to be released on Steam (sigh)
I am just saying that if you pay into it and half way through they say "We said to Hell with it too hard." OR "steam told us no after they saw the content" then what? You are down x amount and then you get nothing but they get to keep it all.
Sorry to hear about the fortnite thing. That REALLY sucks.
Kickstarter is a gamble so I understand if some people don't want to risk it. All I can say is that it goes against common reasoning if Studio Fow is denied by steam and decides to not release their game at all. At that point it's more likely that they find some other kind of platform.
Oh and they've split the work between animators and experienced gameplay developers so there's that.
But it's still understandable if you'd rather wait and see.

I am just watching my assets and my hard earned money. I mean if you want to make a game by all means do it, BUT until I see ACTUAL game play or a demo popping out I will assume they have made a small tech video just to snare money. And I know people do this on Patreon all the time, but let's be honest here. If I don't see any info or any solid proof that it is going to be continuously worked on I won't touch it. All I am saying is they make videos very well, but this is their first BIG game and from what I was told and researched about the other big game they did they have not convinced me they can do it. You can throw money at anything all you want tbh I am not bashing on the fans for that, but let's say you fund a game to be released on only one platform and after 3 months the platform says "we changed our minds, now we don't want this here." then what? All I am saying is if they don't want to prove they have a back up plan to everyone fine, but to me that is a deal breaker.
They've planned to release a gameplay video soonish. I presume that means it's gonna be released before the kickstarter campaign is over.
Also I've been with this community for years and have yet to hear about any other big game. Unless you're talking about their plan to release a game in unity when the correct stretch goal was released. Because if so, that plan changed to unreal engine, and they decided to make it bigger which is how Subverse came to be. So no abandonment as far as I know.

Oh and today they reached over 200k. Doubling their initial goal :D
This also brings a lot to the table in accumulated stretch goals:
The game will be expanded to 11 chapters with 9 lovely girls to interact with
Voice acting for all erotic, important and cinematic scenes
Additional xeno animations for your alien monsters x girls. For when the girls needs to be sated ;)

The next goals are loyalty quests which will help you get to know your waifus better and gives new enemies and the like to the table. Basically extra endgame material.
And directly after that cinematic vignettes. After you've finished a loyalty quest you'll be rewarded with a special scene in other words.
With a month left of the campaign, all I hope is that these two in the least are reached.

ryproar

Reputation score
The abandonment was about some Samus game or something but it apparently pissed off enough people to make it pop up on a wiki tbh. I only knew about the movies like I said, but hey if they think they can do the game by all means go ahead.

Oh and I know you are trying to help them out and all BUT I would feel a bit more secure knowing that THEY were saying it. Because as it stands you are a fan not a developer (no offense intended) so they could say what info you have is misconstrued or inaccurate. Not to bash ya or anything but it seems you care more about spreading news than they are. Maybe tell them to do some follow ups or maybe even bring the faqs here so we can see it too. Because at this point it is all here say to those who don't follow them or even know about them.

Oh and thanks for what info you are giving. I am not out to talk smack about them either tbh. But if they want support from everyone and want to get people to notice this game they really do need to try harder to get attention. Popping in and saying "Here is a game we are doing..." and then ghosting is a bit sketchy to a lot of us consumers. You want to get people to buy your product or support your business you need to show strong commitment and strong drive towards sales by opening up communication with your would be consumers. Not "here thing you buy yes?" then poof.
Hell I know it is hard to advertise and work at the same time but it is not hard to copy paste info to other places.

I will keep an eye on this from the back, but I won't hold my breath on it as of yet. Many developers do bite off more than they can chew these days, and Patreon and Kickstarter has the track record to prove it. Trust me if you look at this website and see how many have abandoned after them you will see what I mean.

Last edited:

H.A.C.K.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The abandonment was about some Samus game or something but it apparently pissed off enough people to make it pop up on a wiki tbh. I only knew about the movies like I said, but hey if they think they can do the game by all means go ahead.
Oh that. No the Samus project is actually a movie. And the thing about that project is that it was pushed back to so that they can try to make it better, and then later on they realized that they should do it in the unreal engine to increase the quality even further. For some it's a sore subject, but many others are ok with it being remade in the new engine. If they made the project in SFM it would just make people upset because the lack of quality etc.

Oh and thanks for what info you are giving. I am not out to talk smack about them either tbh. But if they want support from everyone and want to get people to notice this game they really do need to try harder to get attention. Popping in and saying "Here is a game we are doing..." and then ghosting is a bit sketchy to a lot of us consumers. You want to get people to buy your product or support your business you need to show strong commitment and strong drive towards sales by opening up communication with your would be consumers. Not "here thing you buy yes?" then poof.
Hell I know it is hard to advertise and work at the same time but it is not hard to copy paste info to other places.
Yeah I don't really know who posted this. And I find it a bit odd personally. I'm among the members asked to advertise the game so that's why I felt the need to step in on behalf on whomever posted this. Might be a random member or an admin of Fow for all I know. But it wasn't any of the members I know who was designated to spread the word.

Also, you do you :)
I sincerely hope this game will become everything the studio is hoping for and that everyone will be able to enjoy a good finished product :)

H.A.C.K.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This game has now reached 250k unlocking more voice acting, animations for your waifus interacting with various xeno creatures, and perhaps most exciting of all loyalty quests.
With loyalty quests you'll get to know your girls deeper and embark on special quests to earn their max trust and affection.
I myself am rather excited with this as I love romancing npcs.
The next goal at 300k will unlock special animated vignettes as rewards for completing these quests

ryproar

Reputation score
Now I am getting worried about the production times with all these add-ons they keep putting in. UNLESS they already had them but are just trying to make it seem like they are going to "make" it.

I will continue to criticize this until I see an actual video with game play not a small teaser. Like I said they have a lot to prove to many of us Patreon veterans with ptsd about those abandoned projects. Like they say "Pictures or it did not happen."

H.A.C.K.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Now I am getting worried about the production times with all these add-ons they keep putting in. UNLESS they already had them but are just trying to make it seem like they are going to "make" it.

I will continue to criticize this until I see an actual video with game play not a small teaser. Like I said they have a lot to prove to many of us Patreon veterans with ptsd about those abandoned projects. Like they say "Pictures or it did not happen."
These add ons are very much planned parts of the project. You could say that's where they wanted the project to end up, but they would settle for less if they didn't get the necessary funding.

Also, they plan to release a gameplay trailer(s), so I'll share that when it's out.
And no project has been abandoned, just postponed. The secondary purpose of this project is to get better at animating in the unreal engine to increase the quality of future movies, planned and yet to be imagined.

ryproar

Reputation score
Just saying Patreon has became a game developer graveyard recently.
I understand you wanting this to succeed my man but you are taking me WAY too seriously.
I am not bashing them at all, I am just stating facts here.
1. They need a game play vid to prove they are actively working on it.
2. They need to chat it up with FAQs on ALL PLATFORMS AND FORUMS.
3. They need to be more down to Earth with their speech and less talking down to people.
4. Give every forum they post this on A DISCORD LINK!!! To get in touch with them.
5. show that they are not going to take the money and run.

That is all that is needed to show the public they are serious here. I know you are in the Discord and you said you got permission from them to keep us up to date.
BUT like I said before (which seems to be getting overlooked) at this point it is ALL HERE SAY. We still have no concrete proof that they are going to keep their word on this project.
And before you jump on me with "I knew them since..." keep in mind many of us DO NOT. We just have proof that Patreon anything is usually 50/50 if it is going to work or get abandoned.
I see the Kickstarter but I am not going to consider that as they are going to keep their word on this project. Because at the end of the day it is not how much money they have, how many people they have working on it, or even if the head honcho said so. It is them showing the public that they can and will do it, by proving to us the consumer that they are not going down the same road that many Patreon/Kickstarter/Subscribestar developers went down and burn out or shut down. That is all I am saying.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Facts lists, continued:
6. They are a H-videos company. It'd be their first time making a game.
7. They only released parodies of copyrighted (Blizzard knows xD) characters. It's their first time working with original content.
8. A space shooter is easy to make, hard to make right.
9. A turn-based strategy game is easy to make, very hard to make right.
10. We're looking at a very long development (if any).

-> Don't ask where the game will be released, guys.
Ask when, if you're a fan with full faith in their word (because words are the only thing we have received so far - video-making company, remember?).
Also ask yourself if, now that they have reached their goal anyway...

Well, best of luck and no offense. To FOW and the suscribers.

After all, one just needs to pay attention:

dfxtent

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Getting some serious Eromancer vibes from all of this. Keeping the thread on watch for now, but if it ends up in the same graveyard of failures and broken promises that MatM did, I would not be at all surprised.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
-> Don't ask where the game will be released, guys.
Ask when, if you're a fan with full faith in their word (because words are the only thing we have received so far - video-making company, remember?).
Also ask yourself if, now that they have reached their goal anyway...
What? Why not? Is it wrong to be curious if it will be released to any other platforms? What is wrong with you?
I have no faith in their word, none of us do. Their first game project being this ambitious? Smells like an Eromancer brand of scam. Especially since they're using Unreal, an engine they've never used before. (Reeks of Eromancer's 5 months working on fluids bullshit) So we won't be asking when it'll release. We'll be asking when, maybe the more optimistic will ask if, it will fall through.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
1. In my experience, Western devs in general seem to be more lazy than Eastern devs. Redamz for example has no one to blame except himself for how long he's taken to produce Monster Girl Island. Not posting updates for months at a time and refusing to hire people on to make things progress faster. It's easy for people to just think he's coasting a little bit because he's getting an absurd amount of money. It's a lot easier to think that when you played MGI: Prologue and thought it wasn't that great.

2. The percentage for completed games on Patreon or Kickstarter or w/e crowdfunding platform is low when it comes to Adult games.

3 . When developers aren't being transparent... that's a red flag.
4. When a developer is intending to release on only one platform, and that being a platform that still doesn't really know if they want adult content or not (based on reports I've seen)... that's a red flag.

As much as I would love a game this ambitious to succeed, when I think about all the previous reasons as a whole, I'm still a bit pessimistic and I standby my wanting to wait for a lengthy video (not a cinematic trailer, for the love of god, give us actual footage) or possibly a demo before I decide to help out.

ryproar

Reputation score
I guess I am not the only one not holding their breath then.

Like I said before "pics or it didn't happen" has never fit a scenario so well.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
What? Why not? Is it wrong to be curious if it will be released to any other platforms? What is wrong with you?
My apologies if I offended. I meant, this is a "counting your chickens before they hatch" situation.
If you ask, "where do/will I buy it?", you're implying the eggs exist, were fertilized, and the incubator is guaranteed to hatch them in a foreseeable future. That's one of promoting/commercials basics.

There's nothing wrong with being curious at all; I'll indulge my own curiosity by checking this thread in 4-5 years, for laughs (and maybe FOW will have the last laugh, I'm fine with that too :cool:)

H.A.C.K.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Eyyy. This project has now reached 300k, tripling the initial goal.
To accompany the loyalty quests unlocked in the previous stretch goal, you'll now be rewarded with 1-2 minutes cinematic sex scenes for your efforts. A lovely icing on the cake :D

ryproar

Reputation score
And even more gets added. Great and bad at the same time. We still need to see a game play demo video tbh. I hope they don't get complacent with the money they are getting and actually DO SOMETHING WITH IT. We are still waiting for hard evidence about this mythical "game play demo footage" that was mentioned, because at this point it seems they care more about the money than the product they were promoting.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
It's already over 400k. They're probably going to have to think of more stretch goals. There's still 27 days left, I don't think they'll be able to prepare a video before that, but if they do, I'd be glad.

edit: 400k usd which is like around 300k in britbucks so ignore the above statement even though they'll probably still have to.

Last edited:

Javelly

Demon Girl
Reputation score
343,000 left 7k to 350,000 goal
This game stirs my brain.