What's new

Suggestions for a New Game Project?

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score
Howdy folks, it's been a while. School steamrolled me, but now things are bit more sane and I'm set on taking another crack at making a game. This time I'm trying to start a little more reservedly, and I'm looking for suggestions.

The idea I'm playing with right now is called Battle for Heaven. Basically the main character is a young angel girl, tasked with running a message from Heaven's gates down to a band of her angelic sisters battling in the depths of Hell far below on a rescue mission. Only one problem, Heaven is under siege from the demonic hoard. To get to the fiery pit the young angel will have to thread her way through a host of enemies of many different types and origins. Descending from the clouds she will have to fly her way through the different levels of both earth and Hell, either with its own dangers, if she is to complete her mission and aid her sisters.

Basically it's a RoR type game, top down or sideways perpetually scrolling like most fighter plane type scrolling games, but you can shoot back with beams/balls of light, and do close up damage with a melee weapon. I'm still thinking about enemies types and area themes, so any suggestions there would be a big help. Also, what is the preferred heroine look, fetishes catered to, etc?

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Suggestions for a New Game Project?

Maybe a mix of both types of game, she starts out on foot from the gates, next stage is her decent to earth, then trekking though some creepy forest or something, then the flight down to hell and finally the run to the front lines.

Fetish wise tentacles are a given for this crowd, demons likely because of the theme, maybe some biblical stuff. The forest boss could be the serpent from the garden of eden, toss Lillith in somewhere too. Hmm sudden idea, creepy forest could be the tainted dark remains of the garden of Eden. *cues lightning and wolf howling in distance*

OP
Giron

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds nifty Archer, good ideas. Maybe sideways flying sequences for horizontal "areas" and then vertical for decent? I don't see how a serpent though would be a particularly dangerous opponent, at least erotically, could you elaborate on that idea? I like the fallen garden of eden idea though a lot.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Technically the serpent could be considered bondage if it constricts her but doesn't kill her. Perhaps the Serpent being a boss who has minions, and in order to defeat the boss you need to kill it before your bar runs out, while trying to dodge grappling attacks.

Also, Garden of Eden suggests plants possibly, so perhaps a plant based tentacle demon as a boss instead.

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

a sequel where she has to fly her way back to deliver another message telling them that the first message was unimportant.:)

seriously though if you do make a game like this make it so that rape scenes are separate from the main game, maybe in a side window or in a cut scene or something. that way i don't watch a small chi-bi get raped by chi-bi demons...

as far as the character goes something like this is my vote.

and as a added challenge maybe some opponents that come from behind that you cant shoot until there past you.

yes i am bad at spelling.

Last edited:

Zoto

Lurker
Reputation score

Hm, I'm like the plant people but since, i like the serpent thing too, so what if you make the serpent the descendant of the serpent who originally tricked Eve, make big cutscene out of it and then OMG boss fight. And one of th attacks can be that the boss, shots/puffs some aphrodisiac stuff that makes our heroine go nuts. Ultimate attack or something, seldom used by the boss, you get the idea.
did you get that?

OP
Giron

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes, the rape bits will most likely be a cutscene. Love the sequel idea *grins* "Wait, what, you already knew that....krap...." The attacks from behind make sense too, especially at the later levels.

The aphrodisiac attack makes sense, as does the idea of attack with constriction and underlings. I'll have to mull that over a bit.

Ermz

Lurker
Reputation score

Since she's an angel girl and kinda in war I take it you're gonna build her more like a Valkyrie?(You know the Valkyrie armors)

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Well I think everyone nailed the idea behind the serpent, I didn't think of the aphrodesiac, could stun her and give him a chance to grab her. I'm confused how it'll work with perpetually scrolling though, will the screen stop while an enemy is on her or keep going. The pants could be a ground based enemy that lashes up at you.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Well I think everyone nailed the idea behind the serpent, I didn't think of the aphrodesiac, could stun her and give him a chance to grab her. I'm confused how it'll work with perpetually scrolling though, will the screen stop while an enemy is on her or keep going. The pants could be a ground based enemy that lashes up at you.
Plants I think you mean.

Also, why couldn't the screen always just center or focus in some manner on the player. If the player can kill enemies, then there's no reason for the screen to scroll on its own.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Yes I meant plants, though in a hentai game what more horrific item could their be than -pants-!!! *runs away screaming from the decency*

E

Exofluke

So long the rape bits remain "rape".. then all is gold. ;)

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd be happy to help you code in my spare time. What language were you planning on using, AS3?

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

Since she's an angel girl and kinda in war I take it you're gonna build her more like a Valkyrie?(You know the Valkyrie armors)
how about the chick i suggested in Valkyrie armor?

something like this?

Last edited:

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Hm. Maybe a cross between a norse Valkyrie and some greek-styled dressing (Think Sophitia and Cassandra)

As for some enemies, perhaps add some myth into it, having dragons and such, and pulling from Greek mythology some more, Cerberus as a boss? Perhaps have a mix of mythos here. Norse, Jewish/Christian, and Greek are the ones that come to mind. Norse and Greek could be sources of mythic beasts and such for bosses and maybe some enemies, with locations and levels perhaps derived from Judaism/Christianity. Maybe even the seven-headed-ten-horned dragon that is so infamous from Revelations as one of the last bosses?

As for fetishes, aside from the obvious sex with great mythical beasts, I'm mostly looking forward to immense insertions and buckets of cum! Also, the fact that she's an angel covers a fetish as well. Two, even. One for angels, and one for wings!

Galioas

Lurker
Reputation score

You could try to draw from as many religions as possible to get more information to use to allow a better end product. Also i would like it if you put pregnancy as a consequence for having heaps of unprotected sex :D (kinda make sense when you think about it so much unprotected sex = more chance of a pregnancy)

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, it wasn't asked before... And I am a little curious...

What happened to your last project? The one with the police girl going through a city?

WerWulf

Lurker
Reputation score

must have acheivements.
how do you like them apples (beat the garden of eden boss)
cum-uppance (idk... buckets of cum??)
etc.

OP
Giron

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score

Ermz & Doz: Valkyrie sounds good to me, though I definately want to keep some cloth bits too. I got some neat fantasy armor that I dled earlier yesterday that I think will work really well. I'll keep you posted.

Eradicator: How do you see pregnancy working out as a game mechanic? Can you give me any direction there?

Wulf: Lol, I hadn't thought of that. Good idea.

Alias: I usually build my gameplay engines custom in Python, using Pygame as the graphics, sound, and inputer parts of the code.

RJ: My desktop crashed and I lost everything, again. After that I just gave up for several months.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Heh, I'm surprised there's still some enthusiasm in you after that.

And on the topic of the game... Would she be getting raped in midair? :eek: That would be hilarious.