What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Sweetsprite] Forest of the Abyss 2 (RJ217876)

Anyone remember where to get Charcoal? Needing it to create steel for the magic saw fetch quest. Also, where's the best place to farm money? Come to the conclusion I need a Skada Ring for the extra action to move on.

This is from memory so I might be wrong. I think you get charcoal from the tiny mining site within the field right next to the ninja village. In addition, one of the random encounter enemies there can drop it.
As for money grinding, save-scumming the slot machine is one of the best ways, I think.

Yeah, that's unfortunately Iron/Iron Sand, so I'm still on the hunt for that stuff.

Got a new update ready, should take care of everything up to just before the forest market area. Also shouldn't crash, got a nice tool from @dazedanon19 for seeing if it would crash, so thanks a bunch for that!

Attachments

• data.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 165
Yeah, that's unfortunately Iron/Iron Sand, so I'm still on the hunt for that stuff.

This is probably already too late, but I just vaguely remembered that you actually don't 'get' charcoal, but instead make it at the fireplace using wood as ingredient. Try checking the fireplace at home and see if the option to make charcoal is there.

Sadly that only does 2 different pies, curry rice and camping set. So still trying to find it so I can do various side quests and such.

That said, I'm now trying to find a couple of game over scenes and battle scenes.

Game Over Scenes: Arle restrained by a doll, Red tape mummification, and strapped to a cross with purple vines, and kidnapped in her merchant outfit.

In battle scenes: coated with a brown sap like liquid, wrapped in rope, Blue/Red mummy tape, swallowed by a black/silver worm

I got a little curious so I opened the game again and see if I can find it for myself.
It's not the fireplace at home (default starting home), but the stove at the other home in the first city. The ingredient is dead wood which you can pick up at the forest map which has carnivorous plants.

The merchant outfit game over is from the thief mansion. At the very upper left corner of the map there's a basement entrance which is visually blocked by a broken piano. You only can enter the basement if your job is set to merchant. Touch any of the roaming enemies there to instantly get the game over. The others sound like the ones you can get from the final bonus dungeon, which coincidentally is found in a quest chain starting from that very basement.

While at it, I'll also say that you need a key item to open the deeper basement and start the quest chain. The key is found in the mansion (I forgot 1st floor or 2nd floor) but not in a treasure chest. You need to examine a background object which looks like an open crate.

You're a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you.

Found the charcoal. What map is the thief's mansion in?

So figured it out. I haven't unlocked the Thief's mansion yet. Trying to figure out what triggers that quest.

Figured it out. Needed to clear some quests then the coffee shop guy requested my services

Got a new update ready, should take care of everything up to just before the forest market area. Also shouldn't crash, got a nice tool from @dazedanon19 for seeing if it would crash, so thanks a bunch for that!

Thanks for the update, I have a version 3.1.6. kind of old I presume since apparently we reached the 3.3.9. That would explain why with the translation I had to files apparently missing for maps and stuff...
Do you think saves from a 3.1.6. could transfer to the 3.3.9.?

Thanks for the update, I have a version 3.1.6. kind of old I presume since apparently we reached the 3.3.9. That would explain why with the translation I had to files apparently missing for maps and stuff...
Do you think saves from a 3.1.6. could transfer to the 3.3.9.?

It's worth a try. The only thing I noticed broken from old saves was wordwrapping. I can't think of any real reason an old save won't work with the new update.

Btw, newest version is 3.3.10.

Alright, by the way is the password available? On the website there's this

"こちらからダウンロードしてください。(プレビューに問題が発生しましたと出ていてもダウンロードできます)※解凍には「本体再ダウンロードPASS」と同じパスワードが必要です!本体再ダウンロードPASSは炭鉱都市ジューキの魔法陣付近にあります。(The password is located near the magic circle of "炭鉱都市ジューキ".) "

edit: the password seem to be "pleasure"

anyone got a full save? I intend to do a new playtrought from the start (I mostly played the game with no translation so mostly missed a LOT of stuff) but I saw that new bad ends were added.

Last edited:
Anyone know the best spot to farm puyo crystals? I'm in the Jade Forest, but when 3 batches of 8 purples drop 0 crystals, and you still need 19 of them for the forest crystal, it gets frustrating.

Those crystals really only drop from puyos spawning in Jade Forest. Equip the accessory which increases drop rate (Thief Gloves? Forgot the name) and grit your teeth grinding. No way around that.

I reached the mining city, so far I have unlocked the healer class and the mage class.

So I'm still out of the knifes and rapier weapons. Where can I get the class of that? Since that prevent me from cutting grass and accessing some area. -There's the one where a giant spider is signaled, I wanna kick it's butt!-

Those crystals really only drop from puyos spawning in Jade Forest. Equip the accessory which increases drop rate (Thief Gloves? Forgot the name) and grit your teeth grinding. No way around that.

You know where those gloves are? I got Hunter glove (for hitting score puyos) and thief's mantle which doubles tp/defend but nothing on drop rate.

Nevermind, was in one of the many chests I never opened in the mansion.

Last edited:
gotta find thoses glove, the score puyos seem to troll me on the training forest...

Still can't find where I can get a melee class. :(

Back