What's new

Tanks? Westerns? Dogs with Bazookas? A Metal series RP

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Not a sign up thread at the moment, just a place to put down some notes for some playtesting:

Story: The year is... not really sure, no one really knows what year it is, all they know that is for some reason, civilization as it was known was mostly destroyed about a century ago, followed by the uprising of strange hybrid monsters and abominations, the world quickly became a rather dangerous place to live. Thus people decided to get together and try to stake out their own claim to the land, and because of the vast desert land, a lot of old wild west type societies were created, alongside of that was the rise of men and women alike that tried to create large mechanical fortresses to try to rule the land. Others decided that with the lawless land to become raiders and bandits, while still others became researches, out to try to figure out what happened to this world and if it's possible to change things back to the way they were...

[Inspired by this series: ]

Stats:

Points per stat point spent (If there's a + in your stat, add .5 more so E+ would be 1.5)
E = 1 pt
D = 2 pt
C = 3 pt
B = 4 pt
A = 5 pt
S = 6 pt

HP -> Your character's stamina, dropping to 0 either means unconscious, or death

Driving -> Your character's ability to operate vehicles, affects accuracy, dodging and damage while in vehicles

Fighting -> Your character's ability to fight outside of vehicles, affects accuracy, dodging and damage while outside vehicles

Mechanic -> Your character's ability to work with vehicles, higher ranks means attempts of using repair kits will be more successful and possibly faster, and as a mechanic, increases mechanic abilities

Strength -> Your character's physical strength, affects weapon damage outside of vehicles to a greater extent then fighting

Vitality -> Your character's physical vitality, affects damage taken from all sources while outside vehicle

Agility -> Your character's dexterity, affects dodging inside and outside of vehicles, as well as when you act during a combat round

Classes:

Hunter

Versatile, bounty hunters of the Wild West. Great at driving and not bad at everything else. On the other hand, not excellent either...

Starting Abilities:
Critical Up - Higher chance of criticals (10% more)
Identify [6 Uses] - Scan enemies or try to determine what dangers lurk nearby

HP C
Driving S
Fighting B
Mechanic C
Strength C
Vitality C
Agility A

Mechanic

The hunter's best friend, someone that can fix vehicles and weapons sometimes without the need of any parts at all! Not very good fighters though...

Starting Abilities:
Minor Repair Up - Repair kits and armor packs are 10% more effective
Break [5 Uses] - Reduce defense or attack of mechanical enemies by 20%

HP E
Driving B
Fighting D
Mechanic A
Strength E
Vitality D+
Agility C

Soldier

Mercenaries known for their skill with firearms of all types from the humble pistol to the vehicle destroying particle laser weapons. Their driving ability, however, leaves much to be desired...

Starting Abilities:
Bait [6 Uses] All enemies must attack this character
Quick Draw [5 Uses] In combat, must be declared at the start of the round, character acts first.

HP A
Driving E
Fighting S
Mechanic E
Strength A
Vitality A
Agility A

Fighters

Another type of mercenary who is the opposite of the soldier, prefers hand to hand combat and various other melee weapons.

Starting Abilities:
Quick Strike [5 Uses] In combat, must be declared at the start of the round, character acts first
Body Blow [4 Uses] Attempt to hit the enemy where it hurts, 50% chance of stunning the enemy, 10% chance of working on an enemy with no discernable anatomy

HP S
Driving E
Fighting A
Mechanic E
Strength S+
Vitality A+
Agility E

Medic

Where there's war, there's a need of medics. Dexterous and knowledgeable, a good medic will be even able to bring back someone from the brink of death.

HP E+
Driving D
Fighting C
Mechanic D
Strength D
Vitality D
Agility A+

Starting Abilities:
Angel of the Battlefield [5 Uses]: Choose one item that you have, you may apply one use of the item for every ally you have provided you have enough uses of the item (ie: If you want to use a healing capsule on 4 allies including yourself, you must spend 4 of the item)
Medical Training: All healing items used by you are 20% more effective, as long as you are conscious, all allies use healing items at 10% more efficiency.

Artist

Even in the Wild West, there is always room for entertainers, and when not entertaining or trying to create works of art, these people are hard at work creating various concoctions and ammunition...

Abilities:
Craft: Choose a recipe you know, attempt to make an item
Play Dead: Fall over dramatically and pretend that you are dead, and pray that enemies will not attack you. If you have no allies that are alive, 50% chance enemies will simply go away. Upon getting up, if you attack on the same turn (cannot get up on the turn where you used this ability), add a 10% damage bonus on this turn. Most enemies will not be fooled twice.

HP D
Driving B
Fighting C
Mechanic D+
Strength D
Vitality D
Agility C

Dice Rolls:
To be figured out and balanced...

Weapons:

Knife:
A run of the mill stabbing tool.
Base Damage: 20
10 G
Usable by: All

Pistol:
Old, junky firearm, you're pretty lucky if this thing doesn't blow up when you use it..
Base Damage: 15, Range 20ft
10 G

Spanner:
A mechanic's first tool, not really suppose to be used as a weapon...
Base Damage: 10, +5% bonus on repairing
20 G
Usable by: Mechanic, Artist

Leather Gloves:
A simple glove with some cheap studs on it. Better than nothing...
Base Damage: 15
5 G

Bowgun:
It's a gun, that shoots bows! Er... I mean, it's a gun that shoots arrows, and other pointy things. Preferred by medics.
Base damage: 10. can launch poison arrows
20 G

Poison Tipped Arrows:
I wouldn't eat anything I kill with these if I were you.
Base Damage: 10 + 10% chance of poison
1 G
Usable by: All, must be fired from some kind of arrow launcher

Armor:

Cotton Shirt:
Better than nothing. Plus it's comfortable enough to sleep in!
Armor 5
5 G

Leather Vest:
Now you're kind of looking like a cowboy. A little.
Armor 8
10 G

Mechanic's Suit:
You have a strange urge to sit on a park bench. No idea why. On the other hand, this certifies you as a mechanic.
Armor 5
7 G

Medic's Clothing:
White, shiny new clothing, until you hit the desert anyway. Certifies you as a medic.
Armor 5
7 G

Character Creation:

Start with 30 G
Choose a class
Put 4 points into each stat, consult the table as to how much this actually adds to your stats.
Choose a name
Harass me about what you think is broken

Character Sheet:

Name:
Picture:
Bio:
Class:
Abilities:

Stats:
HP
Driving
Fighting
Mechanic
Strength
Vitality
Agility

Equipped Weapon:
<Empty>
<Empty>
<Empty>

Equipped Armor:
<Empty>

Vehicle:
<Empty>

Ero: Yes/No (please choose one)
Will likely be hosting/running this randomly on chat until I get things fixed, after testing, if interest is shown, may change to a better organized forum game.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Tanks? Westerns? Dogs with Bazookas? A Metal series RP

Interest Check.

Ero: Yes. Rather have character raped and captured then defeated and killed.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm actually gonna say no for ero on this one. Either way, my interest is in it.

OP
Loli Defense Force

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ero is up to the individual player. It's more of a defining factor that lets me know who I should and should not rape.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Not sure if interested...

Is there a reason why stats are expressed in letters instead of numbers?

OP
Loli Defense Force

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not sure if interested...

Is there a reason why stats are expressed in letters instead of numbers?
Because you haven't read through to character creation.

If you have read it and are still wondering, it's because it makes it easier for me to adjust numbers later if playtesting proves that allowing a fighter to get 6.5 strength per point is silly.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Interest shown.

Ero: Yes, of course.

And I think I'll make a charrie as well...
Name: Yuri Hinamoto
Picture:
Bio: A young medic who, for the longest time, only served as a nurse at a run down hospital, Yuri never once thought she'd ever be enlisted to become apart of any band or squad that actively faced abominations and danger. In fact, the only real traits she has of value, is her minimal aim with a bowgun, which she commonly used to shoot tiny creatures that would disturb the patients, and her athletic legs, gained from constant running to and fro, from patient to patient in dire need of her aid... As well as running for her life when threatened.

She has a meek personality, and always shies away from confrontation, preferring to avoid anything that might bring harm to her. This often brands her as a coward. But, if it means someone's in danger, and in dire need of her aid, she's much more bold to act, making great effort to do what she does best, and save the lives of those who've yet to see the world become a better place, which is the only day she lives to see, the only reason she wakes up in the morning.
Class: Medic
Abilities:
Angel of the Battlefield [5 Uses]
Medical Training

Stats:
HP 6
Driving 8
Fighting 12
Mechanic 8
Strength 8
Vitality 8
Agility 22

Equipped Weapon:
<Bowgun>
<3 Poison Tipped Arrows>
<Empty>

Equipped Armor:
<Medic's Clothing>

Vehicle:
<Empty>

Ero: Yes

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ero is up to the individual player. It's more of a defining factor that lets me know who I should and should not rape.
..strangely enough, that almost makes me want ero more...

...I must be off to my thinking chamber

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

INteret shown here too.
Ero: YES PLEASE! :D

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Of course ero, because I follow the philosophy "shit happens", so I gladly accept any such things that happen.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh man. I want to play this just to make Sunabozu as my character. Or maybe Amagumo... Still, I unfortunately don't have the time for another RP on top of everything else... and besides, there's no handyman class, or even a shotgun! :p

stubnight

Demon Girl
Reputation score

ah i 've played the metal saga game back when i had the old ps2. i mainly wanted to play it cos of the tanks.