What's new

ACT Shota [テングステン / Tengsten] 帝國の関所番 / Imperial Gatekeeper (RJ239810)

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
Now pushed back to April... :(

I really hope this comes out on the English DLSite when it releases so I can actually purchase it. First one I've really "looked forward to" in a while.
To be fair, the author stated with the initial posting that the Feb date was very unlikely to be met.

On the game news, they've been update mainly on ci-en, including a demo 0.51 for paid supporter, some per-request clothing (like miko clothing) sample

In March they plan to have demo 0.6 for both paid and free supporter with some difference between them.

Added ci-en link to the OP.

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Trial v 0.6 available

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Some updated on dev blog

Basically they were aiming for a release in April but now they're looking at May.

DenabuNeko

Reputation score
New update on the ci-en

Highlights are that it has been submitted to DLSite and the planned release date is 5/20 (not sure of what time of day) and that it will be 1,200 w/ a 20% discount for the first month.
A professional translator has also been hired for English translations, although all of the UI is already translated. Yay, full translation! (Although it will not be fully translated upon release)

letronixRULES

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well, I recently got to play the demo, and damn, can't say I'm not surprised. But for the demo so far it looks pretty good. Waiting, and hoping, for that may 20th release.

DenabuNeko

Reputation score
Latest update was edited; He mentions that the release is currently set for "5/21 0:00"

letronixRULES

Demon Girl
Reputation score
...Hopefully this doesn't mean that it will get delayed any further... oh well, better to have something concrete than nothing at all.

DenabuNeko

Reputation score
Now to wait for it to be on the English DLSite....

Edit: I posted to the Ci-en with a comment with my limited Japanese knowledge to see if he has an estimate on the English DLSite release. I'll update here if he responds. I really want to give him the money.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
guess it's time to move it again?
Thanks for the heads-up. Thread has been moved to the H-Games section as it has been released.

DenabuNeko

Reputation score
Now to wait for it to be on the English DLSite....

Edit: I posted to the Ci-en with a comment with my limited Japanese knowledge to see if he has an estimate on the English DLSite release. I'll update here if he responds. I really want to give him the money.
Tengsten responded to my message; It's on DLSite to do the translation of the sales page for the English site so he's not sure. He expects that it'll be up on the English site within a week however.

Darkxluck

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The game is still plenty playable despite barely any translations for the story events, due to the translation for UI and basic dialogue. Here's some notes about the gameplay.

Stage 1 - Rubin Ravine - Starts off easy, checking for basically two things: if they have a permit and if that permit is valid. Permits vary between daily or weekly type.
  • In order to properly get points, you have to identify what is the issue if you're denying someone. If their permit is missing, you would click on the spot where the permit would be and then deny them. If you see someone's permit is out of date, you have to click on that error first before denying them for full points. And so on.
  • On occasion, you'll meet a purple sage girl. She'll greet you and offer you some kinda buff if you choose the 1st option; 2nd one doesn't seem to do anything. The different colors for the buffs affect their type: I think Silver is for general patience and Red is for touching tolerance.
  • You can unlock a Merchant here, which will sell various consumables and other stuff later on. The consumables last for the entire working period.
  • In general, it seems that you have to complete the main missions for the area and hit 999 evaluation to progress to the next stage.
Stage 2 - Eisen City - The permit also contains a snake mark which can now be absent (can be used as the easiest way to deny). In addition to the permit, there's an Arms License.
  • You have to check if a person is holding a weapon, which ranged from very obvious to hidden under clothing. You can perform a body check on them (weapons can also be on their back) and/or have them strip to see if they have one on their person. If they have an Arms Permit, they can enter with it so long as it's valid (typical date-wise). If they do not, you can ask them to give it up, which they'll either accept and potentially be accepted (other documents may be invalid) or refuse (and thus be denied entry).
  • It's worth noting that each person will have a specific type/location for their weapon. So if you memorize it, you can just check that area alone. For example, nuns may carry a weapon but it will always be a dagger on their chest.
  • If you have a person strip, they will ask to put their clothes back on which you can either allow them to do or deny them, forcing them to leave or enter the city in various degrees of nude. This does count as a penalty towards you. You can avoid this by having them put their clothes back on. During the stripping process, you can toggle off their dialogue if you wanted to go faster.
  • You can pay the guards 1k to overlook your mistakes for three days or something like that, meaning mistakes and letting nude people in the city does not penalize your performance in terms of Evaluation gain. I think the first option is just to talk or something.
  • You can buy a set of Flags here. If you use it, you put up a flag which affects the sex of people who are set to you. Blue sends only men, Red sends only women. You can use it again if it's red to take it down.
Stage 3 - Topas Region - The permit is replaced with a passport thing. You have to check their description, picture, insignia, expiration, etc. The Arms License is still in use.
  • At this point, you can buy a Metal Detector. It's a toggle item, which will make a noise if it detects a weapon on the person. Very useful.
  • There is a required quest involving finding three wanted criminals. One will be in each area that has been unlocked. I believe one of them requires the next ability.
  • You can unlock "hard" type of body checking and sex by doing the 2nd mission. Basically both varieties of touch would raise a lust meter but also raises the impatience meter and would probably need one of the consumables or the purple woman's appropriate buff. After maxing it out once, you can interact with them again to for an orgasm or you can penetrate them (in either front or backside view). If you do the latter, you hit the 2nd level of the bar and max it out by with interacting them (either soft/hard touch works, although hard fills it faster).
Stage 4 - Fort Dimant - This is where I got bored. It replaces the Arms License with a Entry Permit. All weapons are now banned.
  • If the person is not an Imperial, they need an Entry Permit. This entry permit has to match their Name, ID (on their passport), and is not expired.

Last edited:

DenabuNeko

Reputation score
In general, it seems that you have to complete the main missions for the area and hit 999 evaluation to progress to the next stage.
The evaluation only needs to meet what is listed in the mission tab but then you have to reach an evaluation day. An option was added in the "My Room" menu to wait for the next inspection day if you need to speed it up.

Balmunk Fezarion

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Game is pretty good. Massively simplified from Papers, Please but still has decent amount of content. The concept of strip searching someone combined with Papers, Please gameplay is just really fun.
Unfortunately it has only 1 linear story instead of 20 endings like the original game, but imo the story is pretty good. Every character has a meaningful backstory and stuff. Final stage is great.

The game reveals a way to unlock everything after you reach the ending. There is not much variety in sexual content. I think the majority of the fun comes from the story and gameplay.
Don't open it unless you absolutely can't be bothered to beat the game.
Title Screen
←←→←←→←←→

letronixRULES

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I do hope the game gets updated in the future. On the other hand, I managed to beat it in less than a day. I did found the "truth" of the Gatekeeper pretty damn funny, not to mention that way of hiding stuff.

Spoilers for the end part of the game and some of my thoughts:
That last way for Olivia of hiding the keys, it sure made things interesting in the end, I almost got stuck during that final part, I did love that you get to give her good considering how much shit she put you through. I do wonder however, is there any difference in the decision of choices regarding Criscia's confession or something? I would've loved if there was a little bit more with her, same as with Hana. But oh well, then again, I really liked this game.

NewGuy

Reputation score
Game is pretty good. Massively simplified from Papers, Please but still has decent amount of content. The concept of strip searching someone combined with Papers, Please gameplay is just really fun.
Unfortunately it has only 1 linear story instead of 20 endings like the original game, but imo the story is pretty good. Every character has a meaningful backstory and stuff. Final stage is great.

The game reveals a way to unlock everything after you reach the ending. There is not much variety in sexual content. I think the majority of the fun comes from the story and gameplay.
Don't open it unless you absolutely can't be bothered to beat the game.
Title Screen
←←→←←→←←→
That didn't seem to do anything when I punched it in. Heck, as far as I can tell, this game doesn't use keyboard inputs at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Karagee

Reputation score
That didn't seem to do anything when I punched it in. Heck, as far as I can tell, this game doesn't use keyboard inputs at all. Am I doing something wrong?
"The game reveals a way to unlock everything after you reach the ending."
^This