What's new

The Dividing Line - Medical Bay

Re: The Dividing Line - Medical Bay

Vance comes walking into the Medical bay, carrying half of the remaining supplies, Draven most likely a few steps behind him "The conquering heroes return bearing gifts" he says, not setting down the items and smiling "Where do we put these, Caitlin? he asks, his large smile and pearly whites visable

Draven enters just in time to hear Vance's comments. "Conquering heroes? Right, I didn't realize I'd been put on that kind of pedestal yet, someone remind me what I did to get that title again?"

He's half joking it sounds like, but with a tinge of seriousness to his voice. He remains standing there with the equipment in his arms, just waiting on Caitlin's word.

Caitlin looks up at Vance and Draven, then back down at her datapad.

"Oh, umm, over in that room there, and in just one second..." She heads into the room before them and plugs her datapad into a port on the wall and presses a few buttons. The holographic projector, usually used for displaying 3D models of patients, comes to life, displaying wireframe versions of all the new equipment sorted throughout the room.

"It isn't perfect, but I think you two have the idea. I'll run around and set it all up as you're bringing it in, ok?"

"Fine by me" Vance says, his renewed strength showing as he easily carries his current load into the room, then returns and grabs a single piece "Gimme a hand moving this, Draven" he says, lifting the one piece and heading towards the room

Draven also sets down his load, then returns to help Vance out. "Got you, nice and easy, here we go."

He lifts the other end, and moves in co-ordination with Vance.

"Thanks." Vance says, trying to co-ordinate with Draven, and managing to get the item into the room "Okay, you get three, I'll get the remaining two" he says, smiling as he picks up two big pieces and carries them into the small room

"Alright."

He bends down and grabs the three Vance didn't lugging them in and setting them down carefully, and a decent ways apart from the rest, to leave some moving room.

"Alright, now what?"

"We wait for orders from Caitlin." Vance says quietly and just loud enough for Draven to hear "Here's hoping we can get it over with quickly"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. The wireframes represent where I want them to go, I'll hook them up once you two have them moved. Just go ahead and shove them right through, they're nothing but visuals anyway." Caitlin will then do just that, setting it all up as they go along.

"Yes ma'am!" Vance says, picking up a piece of equipment and putting it into place inside it's wireframe "You sure this is going to work well enough?" he says, going back to grab another piece

Caitlin responds from behind the equipment, already about half done the checks and hookups. "I know the layout is kind of cramped, but I don't have an entire engine room worth of space to play in, so I guess it'll have to do. There's always time to move stuff around later if need be." You can tell from her voice that's she's smiling, as she's about twenty minutes off of having more things to examine than she's had for over a year.

Draven simply nods and starts placing things in their indicated spots, moving silently and efficiently. When both he and Vance have finished, he shifts back to his natural form, and semi leans against one of the walls, saying nothing for the time being.

Caitlin spends the next half hour making minor adjustments, even replacing a couple parts from the larger pieces of equipment. If everyone on the station died you're sure she wouldn't have noticed, she even clipped Draven once without noticing. She finishes up with a look of satisfaction on her face, surveying her ready-to-use lab... And notices Vance and Draven still in the room.

"Oh, you two are still here? I'm sorry, I just zoned right out there. Thanks to the both of you for helping, and... Well I guess that's it then, back to work. Vance, you said you were going to stick around and help, right? You're free to as well, Draven, if you wish. Let's see, there's three things on the to do list, I think. There's our spore friend who needs a complete genome and a proper autopsy, there's the ashotur that also needs a genome, and there's Vance and his alterations to figure out, for which a genome would be absolutely necessary, if it was genetic modification that his father did to him. I'm going to start with the spore creature, you two can do what you like."

"We're going to start examining the Spore's insides?" Vance says, a look of delight in his eyes "I definitely want to join you on that" he says, smiling broadly as he remembers his tests and the Ashotur "Well, when we get around to it, Draven, will you accompany me to visit our fishy friend for a little chat?" he says, turning to face the mist man "If he decided to go primal on us, I'm sure I'd need the help restraining him"

Last edited:

((I think you forgot Burrito, we already have a tissue sample. Krysta mentioned it earlier. And Draven watched her grab it.))

((I see nothing about a tissue sample in my post :) ))

"I definitely want to have a look with that Spore. That fucker shot electricity at me, so yeah, I have a special interest there."

He thinks for a moment then says, "Vance, I think Krysta already took a sample, so we wouldn't need to take another one. Unless you have some other reason for visiting him in the brig?"

He has a questioning look on his face, but that is all there is besides curiosity.

"First we worry about the spore autopsy. Then we can worry about the Ashotur. Then we worry about me" Vance says, his voice stern and sincere "I want to get a good look at the Ashotur. Remember, I didn't even know it was here, I was asleep." he says, looking at all the equipment in the room "I just want to get a good look at that fishy bastard. I know I said I wanted to fight him, but only if he decides to break out and run amok. I'd say that I would actually make a good warden." he says, chuckling to himself as he thinks of himself dressed in a security uniform "Okay, let's get to cutting that plant open" he says, rubbing his hands together anxiously

Draven nods then adds, "alright, but you should be aware of two things. One is that Pkaric, the Ashotur, will likely try to goad you into attacking him if he feels he can do so, trying to gain a tactical advantage, so don't rise to it. The force shields will keep him in there as well as the bars. Second, Thall is currently watching him there, and probably will want to be informed or even be there when you visit. Frankly, the more people there, the better it would be. Plus with three people there, if on the off chance we had to move him, we have a full security unit."

He turns back to the spore then says, "indeed, let us see what this creature has to say for itself."

A sickened face forms on Vance's face "You can do the cutting, I prefer to do the note taking" he says, sighing as he unbuttons his coat, then takes it off and puts his arms through the sleeves properly and buttons it fully, looking over at Draven "I always take the notes. I don't like cutting into things. That's why I never use anything besides my fists"

Back