What's new

The Ranting/Debate Thread

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Ranting/Debate Thread

I have figured out why this is so disgusting to me: they are playing capture the flag, but with kids. She made it to base, he did not. That's fucked up.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I have figured out why this is so disgusting to me: they are playing capture the flag, but with kids. She made it to base, he did not. That's fucked up.
what is this in reference to?

Lurker
Reputation score

The kidnapping story.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

And how all capture the flag games have a base.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

And how both governments are acting like children.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

They're lucky I'm not the dude then. Even if they do make it, I still shoot the bitch that stole my flag.
:p

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Seeing as how this discussion has devolved into being about capture the flag and my normal thread for discussion of things (Last Post Wins) has been oddly quiet:

How many people here watched the Stargate Universe premiere? Apparently, a lot of people (Or an extremely vocal minority) think that it's bad although I rather liked it. Also, apparently some people thought the short clip which had heavily censored sex was inappropriate for children despite the fact that people (Generally extras belonging to enemies) frequently get shot and die in the previous two series (Thus implying this isn't something you let a child watch).

I don't know how many countries will be able to watch from this link, but you can watch the premiere online with limited commercials.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll probably watch the SG:U pilot at some point, but at this point I'm still irritated over how SG-1 ended. From what I've seen of SG:U, it seems like they're trying to make Stargate seem more like Battlestar Galactica, and not in a good way.

Let me try again, I was a huge fan of SG-1 until Anderson left the series. Atlantis was meh, and I didn't even finish the first season. I don't think I'll like SG:U.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

From what I can tell and am guessing, SGU looks like it's going to be following the original theme from SG-1:

The gate team goes to an unknown world and deals with stuff there with only minimal support.

SGU is the only way I can see them continuing the series as, by the end of SG-1, the SGC could easily hold their own against anyone. This way they can have something of a reset.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

It didn't need a reset. It just needed an end. Lay the series to rest with dignity and honor, and let it lie.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

The end was more or less in movie form rather than as part of the season, although I will say the last episode did lack closure.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Birthday related rant time.

I turned another year older and these days I really haven't had fun with anything, save for coming here. Everybody around me are, for the most part, jackasses, so I wouldn't be a social butterfly even if I wanted to. I really shouldn't be worrying about this, seeing as how young I still am, but... Am I even going to have anymore fun in my life? I'm being told to work and study and I'll live a happy life. Am I really going to be happy? The more I work, the more work I'll be expected to do. My parents says to do what I want to do in life, but life really doesn't work like that. I think I can count on my hands how many people who're actually doing what they want in life. And that's because they didn't have high expectations to begin with.

And yes I always hear the whole "keep working and you WILL achieve your goal". I'm holding you to that. If I never reach my goal, it's on your ass. I don't want to live a life of boredom. I hated being told by my parents to sit down and study the entire day without doing anything because that was BORING. Other than having a deeper understanding and appreciation of our nation's history, why do I want to know that Stephen Austin was the leader of the then-Mexican territory land of Texas and later became one of the military leaders in the Mexican Revolution? (Yes I actually knew that by heart and I ask myself why)

I guess I just want to say that no matter how much motivational shpiel I hear about living life to the fullest, in the end it's just not achievable. Living life to the fullest these days means you're a leech who thrives off of other people's hard work. Of course this depends on your definition of "life to the fullest", but in general, I think living life to the fullest means having a carefree life, doing what you want. If everybody did that, we'd all be dead because nobody would work. There has to be a bottom that supports us all, and damn it I'm probably it.

[/emo]

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I find my happiness in video games and tentacle sex. Other people find happiness through pussy/penis, making other people miserable, or angry, or even living in the woods, and kidnapping young teenage girls, and sawing off their limbs and-never mind, you get the point.

Nothing around you, for a majority of the time, is going to make you happy. You have to find what makes you happy for yourself, and pursue it.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

You're right there, but the problem would be if someone does not know what makes him/her happy, and that's usually the case with children, which in turn gives them the work hard and you will achieve stuff speech from parents.

Doesn't work, but luckily for those who feel like the boring tasks that still count as job are not worth doing, robots are being made right now to make sure nobody has to do it, like automatic lawnmowers(As one example of many).

The jobs and people are changing, but once these low-quality jobs are all taken over by robots, then the people who used to do those jobs will not get better of it, times and jobs are changing, the systems used to pay and support the actual humans are not. This will eventually lead us to a society where robotics and computers will be able to do everything humans can, and cheaper, good luck finding a job.

I should probably not rant too much about this, but fuck humans, most of them are boring hypocritical assholes that wouldn't know how to improvise when they are on a leaking rubber boat with a large roll of tape. And guess what? Society will still value them higher then people who actually think and find solutions, and they aren't going to shy away from pushing that into your face every single chance they get.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I still say go out and do what you want. I wanted to travel, see the world. I signed up for a tour to Afghanistan. Right before work-up training my unit went over to France/ Belgium to tour WWI battle honour sites. During work-up training I got to go to Texas/New Mexico for training, and was let loose in the city of El Paso for a few days. When I finally did get over, and into the Kandahar province I saw something entirely new. Then for my mid-tour leave I got to see Costa Rica, and finally for my decompression I went to Cyprus.

So, while there's still a lot out there to see, I'm doing what I want, and enjoying life in general. So yes while you do have to work, you also need to set aside time for yourself to go do what you want to do.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Birthday related rant time.

[...]
Clearly you are too intelligent, as you have seen through what people call a happy life. Hit yourself in the head a couple of times to dumb yourself down a bit, and you'll be happy in no time!

Alternatively, move to a country that gives you more paid holiday, and get a job there (Germany comes to mind). You get to do what you want and still get paid for it. If that's not a system that works, I don't know what is.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Clearly you are too intelligent, as you have seen through what people call a happy life. Hit yourself in the head a couple of times to dumb yourself down a bit, and you'll be happy in no time!
T-thank you...? I think?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Just drink some more of the cyanide laced punch, it always works for me.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

It is true though, the smarter someone is, the harder it is for them to be happy.

Example, cats and dogs, they will be happy about just about anything they see, a nice brightly coloured shiny thing, food, or even their own tail.

A human is already harder to please then to dangle a shiny thing near him/her, or give him/her some food, and seeing your own hands/feet won't make you happy chasing them like a cat/dog chases it's tail.

And on the thing about happiness in humans becoming less in general, I'm not touching that subject, there's too many factors to do that without coming off like an ass.