Wow, that old thing?

aeiou.

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score
Re: The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread

Spreading rep

I'm admittedly giving this rep for a rather flimsy reason, but I'd rather not give it for no reason at all except to be able to negrep nookie again. And your post did make me almost laugh. Wait, I still have characters left? Then allow me to add that- APPARENTLY YOU DIDN'T.

random rep, because I need to answer Incubus' answer to my rep

Would you people stop this crap? It's like receiving the shitty $2 winning fees for somebody else's lottery ticket. It's anti-satisfaction. Find somebody else to be your reputation scapegoat Goddamnit.

Edit: Before you make the joke, know that it's already been made, and that being a smartass won't help the problem. unspreading rep

Last edited:

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I made sweet love to your mother, have a nice day. Hmm, I wonder who this could of been.

Last edited:

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Funny, I thought people who paid their bills were good to lend to.

I believe the only appropriate response to this is as follows:

lolumad americunt?

Seriously, you're gonna defend your government's inability to not accumulate debt? Maybe they should spend less money on advanced miltiary research for new and shiny toys, pouring billions into pipedream projects and worry about the state of their economy,

Just, y'know, putting that out there.

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I agree, the country should cut a lot of our military funding. It isn't really helping the state of the country in any way.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I agree, the country should cut a lot of our military funding. It isn't really helping the state of the country in any way.
This. We spend more on murder than we do on feeding ourselves.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Might I remind you that the US are the world police, regardless of if ANYBODY actually wants them too? I can guarantee that the same foreign nationals who bitch that there are US forces on their soil will bitch when the US leaves and they lose all that revenue. People will just simply bitch.

ANd those defense cuts result in defense contractor job loss, which results in Tax revenue loss, which results in more deficit (not debt) spending.

Also I might point out the US spends more money on aid than any other country; but the thing that pisses the rest of the world off is that it's a smaller percentage than other countries.

Demanding simple solutions to complex problems only exacerbates the issue.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Too lazy to look it up, but one of the articles in the Washington Post that caught my eye one day said something about Obama threatening to cut the Defense budget if an agreeable solution to our debt doesn't present itself.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Eh, can't blame him. It's hard to be right if you're arguing against me.
Only if you're Toonpimp!

uhwhat?

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That could be good...

AS IF YOU NEEDED MORE PROOF AMERICA IS STUPID:

In this week's New York Magazine:

They [the government] are thinking about making laws for reparations and protection against discrimination against.... THE UGLY. Yep. That's right... If you're ugly, soon, you might be protected from people hating on you.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Might I remind you that the US are the world police, regardless of if ANYBODY actually wants them too? I can guarantee that the same foreign nationals who bitch that there are US forces on their soil will bitch when the US leaves and they lose all that revenue. People will just simply bitch.

ANd those defense cuts result in defense contractor job loss, which results in Tax revenue loss, which results in more deficit (not debt) spending.

Also I might point out the US spends more money on aid than any other country; but the thing that pisses the rest of the world off is that it's a smaller percentage than other countries.

I think people bitch more to the fact that the US may leave after they've torn the nation's infrastructure down and without properly building it back up. I know I'm pretty pissed that Canada is pulling out of Afghanistan when there's still a job left to do. Whether or not you agree with going in, you have to stay until the job's completed. As you said, that's a complex issue.

As for military spending, I know in Canada the military is a damn good way to go financially for the individual. Benefits, cheap housing, good paycheck, pension... granted a corporal in Canada makes as much as a Sergeant in the states. Still, military families move in and buy up whole sub divisions of housing they can afford.

At the same time however, there can be plenty of military research going into more feasible programs. Better body armour and such, things that keep soldiers alive. Let's not forget that most medical technology even in use on the civilian side is developed by military personnel during wartime.

I'm not even sure where I'm going with this anymore...

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I'm not talking about cutting down defence spending as a whole. I'm talking about cutting DARPA spending and numerous pipedream projects they seem to be constantly working on with on regard to budget because it's essential that they come up with new ways to kill people.

Also

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Too lazy to look it up, but one of the articles in the Washington Post that caught my eye one day said something about Obama threatening to cut the Defense budget if an agreeable solution to our debt doesn't present itself.
Cut government official's salaries. You know the President makes 400,000$ a year? And he's not the only one, and their salaries have been climbing higher and higher in the last few years.

Stop cutting funding from education plz Government... It's kind of necessary

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

HAHAHAHA!

I'd very much like to go: "Oh well, they made a mistake, guess we should learn from it... blablabla." But experts have been seeing this coming for ages, and they have made possible solutions, and all the possible solutions have been thrown away in congress, or by some ministry because it might, just might raise some taxes. This has been coming for years, lots of warnings, lots of experts, lots of possible solutions, and lots and lots of idiots.

My father started saying, some ten years back, that the United States of America were devolving into a third world country.

Seeing what is happening to their view of the world, their view on taxes, on education, on evolution, on debt, on war, on oil...

Guess he was right...

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Cut government official's salaries. You know the President makes 400,000$ a year? And he's not the only one, and their salaries have been climbing higher and higher in the last few years.

Stop cutting funding from education plz Government... It's kind of necessary
But then they can blame a poor education for the reason they can't count thier paycheck, so they obviously need more /fridgelogic

Seriously though, I agree, stress of making desisions about the next golf course you're joining doesn't need to be included in the goverment spendings.

Status
Not open for further replies.