What's new

The ULMF Trail

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The ULMF Trail

1. No.
2. Change rations to full. I always end up with more than enough food if I get good hunting runs in. Usually a good 750+ or even up to 1000 pounds.
3. There are only two or three ferries and they're all pathetically cheap. I say always take the ferry so I can rest easy.
4. It'll just mean more work for you, and it's not bothering me right now.

Last edited:
OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Still need Mo and Toxic's vo- Oh forget it. I sincerely doubt they'll want to change the decision anyway.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I agree with whatevers winning

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Who cares!? Three people already agreed with my vote!

EDIT: Well, four now! And nobody cares about Mo, so let's move on.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Still need Mo and Toxic's vo- Oh forget it. I sincerely doubt they'll want to change the decision anyway.

SO!

The most action packed part of the game: I have to steer the ferry across an aligator infested water, while similtaniously controlling all four travellers, who're all manning a .50 cal turre-
Damn. I almost thought this game was fun. Sorry. We got there without a hitch.

And now we travel again.
Incredibly, the game is taking mercy on us. We had only a single incident, which was one lost day due to heavy fog.

Here we are at another river. But not just any ol' river. The BIG BLUE River. Damn. If only more rivers were big and blue like this one.

The Big Blue River is a tributary to the Kansas River, which is in turn a tributary to the Missouri. It's approximately 300 miles long. Farther to the south and west is the Little Blue River (Oh for Christ's sake), which links up with the Big Blue at Blue Rapids (This is just getting more and more uncreative by the second. Next, you'll have some settlers making yo momma jokes). You'll cross the Big Blue north of the rapids, allowing you to avoid the Little Blue River altogether.

And our status. Still looking great. I usually get raped by broken legs and arms by now.

And finally, a curve ball. We took a ferry last time, so apparently we aren't allow to this time. I'm not sure if the fact that we took a ferry last time is actually affecting this or not.

Regardless, I have moar decisions that need making.
1. Anything to trade?
2. How should we cross?

Last edited:

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

1. Nope.
2. Too deep to ford, caulk it. (heh, cockit)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Really? Too deep to ford? I mean, I'm 5'5" myself and I'd imagine the wagon is higher off the ground than I am, but then, it's been a while since I've played and again, I'm fully expecting one of these crossings to fuck us over at some point...

1. No trading.
2. What the hell...Caulk it.

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

1. no
2 wait for the river to become shallower then ford across it

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Fording if it's above 3 feet is generally risky. This game doesn't follow logic, don't question it.

OP
DarkFire1004

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, maybe I should change the update rule to "majority vote earns immediate update".

SO!

By using our caulk, we were able to float our boat across the river without any trouble. Hurray for caulk! I recommend that men and women, children and the elderly, should all get themselves some caulk. What's better than having lots and lots of caulk going into your cracks?

Alright, too many caulk jokes. I'll stop.

And in an even more unbelievable turn of events, we STILL haven't had incidents! Just more heavy fog.

We also got even more lucky when we found some fruit.

Next, we arrived at a fort. An interesting thing about forts that differ from other settlements is that they allow access to stores. However these stores aren't as close to civilization, so they're going to be increasingly expensive.

More on the fort itself, Fort Kearney is a U.S. Army post established in 1848 near the Platte River. It garrisons cavalry troops who protect settlers and travelers along the Oregon Trail. It was named for General Stephen Watts Kearny (Often spelled "Kearney"), who died in 1848 after helping to establish law and order in the region and serving in the Mexican War.

Looking at our trend of trading, I'm assuming that nobody wants to buy anything. I say that because I don't want this to be a short update after being late for this one already. However I already made a savegame right here in case I'm wrong. So if any of you want to buy something at the Fort, I will revert back to the save.

Oh, and I guess you'll want our status too.

SO!

We continued our travels to Chimney Rock, our next checkpoint!

And just look at our luck. Not a single disease in sig-

Oh God damn it. Well it couldn't be too bad. I mean, it's not like it's measl-

NOW I remember why I hate this game.

So here's what happened on the strangely long trip to Chimney Rock:
Our Token Female got hit with dysentery.
Professor McTalksalot was slammed with the measles (Ew..)
We lost two days to two seperate occasions of heavy fog (Again)
And we found wild fruit... Twice. Not like it gives that much food in the first place...

We made it to Chimney Rock, where there's apparently a choir on top of the rock singing Auld Lang Syne for some reason...

Aside from the harmonic group, Chimney Rock is an important landmark on the Oregon Trail. It's a spectacular natural formation of solid rock and can be seen for miles around. In fact, you can see it for a whole day as yo uapproach it and for another whole day as you leave it behind. If you don't see it at all within a week or so after leaving Fort Kearney, you've probably strayed too far off the trail.

Really developers? You were so desperate for info that you just decided to say, "LOL ITS A PENISROCK. U CAN C IT 4 2 DAIS STRAIT. ALSO U SUK N IS LOST IF U CANT C IT."

Anyway our status is looking a bit different now. We got two people sick, but that's about it.

Decision time!
Should we trade anything here?
Should we go back to the Fort save (you cheating bastards)?
Should we rest for a bit until our two noble yet ill heroes feel better?
Should we touch the penisrock?

Also, I'm a foodwhore, so I'm usually keeping a hawk's eye on the supply. We still have 1640 pounds left, just to update you guys.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

no
no
no, but reduce the pace to steady, let them walk it off
of COURSE!!

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score