What's new

The weirdest place you've ever slept

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score
You can sleep anywhere if you're tired enough, I'm sure we all know that from experience. So, what's the weirdest place you've ever slept?

In the shower for me. Life lesson: Taking a shower doesn't always get you up.
LIFE LESSON NUMBER FIFTY FIVE: IF YOUR TEACHER SAYS NO TO A GIRAFFE AND AN ELEPHANT, SHE'LL PROBABLY SAY NO TO A TIGER.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The weirdest place you've ever slept

On a bench in a public park. I was so exhausted and my friend and I had stopped there after work. He went away, and while I was waiting I fell asleep. Uncomfortable as shit.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

in a friends closet, suspended from the ground between two mattresses that where on their sides.

i'm one of those people that occasionally disappears, only to be found again sleeping in a strange place.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

>.> Do elementary school lockers count? Or behind the same elementary school's class-room bookshelves?

I was a sleepy, sneaky kid. XD

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I slept for 6 months straight in the back of a HMMWV trailer loaded with commo equipment. I started sleeping there after I fell off the top of the HMMWV which is where I was sleeping originally. Besides that I've also slept on the beach in both Cancun and Monterey. Also a garbage can but I was very drunk so that was probably because I fell asleep while trying to puke.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I slept for 6 months straight in the back of a HMMWV trailer loaded with commo equipment. I started sleeping there after I fell off the top of the HMMWV which is where I was sleeping originally. Besides that I've also slept on the beach in both Cancun and Monterey. Also a garbage can but I was very drunk so that was probably because I fell asleep while trying to puke.
Is.. is that possible..?

Y-you mean.. days right...? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU!?

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

In '06 at Otakon, I had to sleep on the bathroom sink area in the hotel bathroom. Needless to say, I decided to never again stay in a room with more than 6 people in it (including myself), much less 15-16 o_O

Lurker
Reputation score

I have had occasion to sleep, among other places:
-under beds and couches in over-packed hotel rooms, depending on the height of the furniture.
-on the beach
-locked myself in the restroom of a bus on a field trip to avoid pranking
-While driving. I try to never repeat this, with varying levels of success.
-The shower for quick naps, leaning against a wall in a towel for longer ones.
-Across the arms of a reclining chair, which would have been comfortable save for the total lack of head support.
-On the floor of one of those huge white road-trip vans.

Pick your favorite.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I... actually really haven't fallen asleep anywhere weird. I don't count anywhere in Afghanistan because all those places were pretty regular for me and others around me.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The bottom of someones bed I know is a large shelving unit, I slept in there. I slept under someone's bed. One of the weirder ones was, someone had their bed crammed in a corner, but I was skinny enough to fall in between in and the wall, and someone else decided to do the same on top of me, knowing I was there. She fell asleep on top of me sleeping crammed into a corner behind a wall. I've also slept in the corner of a room sandwiched between the wall and a bookshelf, covered by bean bags. Also in a cardboard box.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i remembered a couple more:

once there we were a touch short on bed space and there were two chairs with sleeping people in them, so i slept across both their laps.

another time we were short on blankets so i was on a mattress and we put another mattress on top of me and someone slept on that. didn't work terribly well.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Heh. I remember I was helping a friend who was a trucker. His truck ended up breaking down in a plaza. It was a really warm day, but really nice. I ended up falling asleep under his ten-wheeler. People who walked by saw this random guy sleeping under a truck and going like, "What the...?"

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

i remembered a couple more:

once there we were a touch short on bed space and there were two chairs with sleeping people in them, so i slept across both their laps.

another time we were short on blankets so i was on a mattress and we put another mattress on top of me and someone slept on that. didn't work terribly well.
And these people were only too aware of what gender our despot was.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

I actually haven't fallen asleep anywhere odd. I've lived a boring life.

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

We went camping at a park called 1000 Islands. During that night, a tornado raged around the park as we slept. My parents stayed up, trying their best to keep everything secure and ensuring the tent kept standing.

The next morning, there were overturned RVs, giant trees ripped out from the soil and tipped on their side, and the public pool was apparently smashed by something that flew into it.

I'm not lying to you when I say this: I slept through a tornado in a tent.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I've fallen asleep in showers, bathtubs, cars, in a kennel with a bunch of dogs, in the cat room at an animal shelter with a kitten in my lap, my car >.>;; , at the computer desk, and in a rolly chair playing a video game when i was a kid.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

someone had their bed crammed in a corner, but I was skinny enough to fall in between in and the wall, and someone else decided to do the same on top of me, knowing I was there. She fell asleep on top of me sleeping crammed into a corner behind a wall.
in a friends closet, suspended from the ground between two mattresses that where on their sides.
I can't decide which of these is the most epic.

I personally have major insomnia and can only rarely sleep in places that aren't my bed with absolute darkness and absolute quiet. A purring cat could keep me up. The soft blinking light of my macbook keeps me up. I may have fallen asleep at my computer a couple times, but that's about it.

I do however get extremely stupid when I've just woken up. One time, my freshman year in college, my alarm went off, waking me up. It was still dark, but it was registration day, so I was expecting to ahve to get up around 530 or 6. Well, I had a loft bed and my clock was on top of a dresser at the foot of my bed. So I sort of crawl over and reach my hand to my clock and fumble with it. I'm still too sleepy to really see straight, so I'm doing this all by feel. I hit the alarm stop button, and that doesn't stop the alarm. I then try all the other buttons, with equal success. Getting hazily confused, I try to unplug the cord from the back, forgetting the fact that it's one of those clocks where the cord and the clock is one piece and you can't actually do that without breaking something.
Finally, my roommate, who is also up early, explains to my befuddled mind what is happening: Dude, that's the fire alarm.

Apparently someone pulled it an hour before we were supposed to get up to register as a prank. My brain was so stupid, it didn't register anything beyond the fact that there was a loud noise, I was supposed to be up early, therefore the source of the noise must be the alarm. It doesn't even sound like the fire drill. -_-

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

The floor of a school's cafeteria.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I haven't actually slept in any weird places unless you count a home-made tent, although calling it a tent may be a stretch. It was more of a laavu(like except made of fabric instead of wood). I've also slept in a bus(it was a long overnight trip) and (multiple times) in tents so crowded that we were practically sleeping on top of each other. I don't fall asleep very easily.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

No where except on a couch with my face on the floor and legs on the sit.
It wasn't a weird place, more like a weird postion I was in as I was sleeping horizontally on the couch and my neck was apperantly twisted in a weird angle on the floor, drool was on my neck, and my ass cheek felt really really numb.