What's new

The weirdest place you've ever slept

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The weirdest place you've ever slept

Hmm... Lying on the railing of a boat (while it was doing 15-20 knots.) A bench... As a kid I fell asleep while going over a beanbag... got about half way and just fell over. In a bathtub in Morocco, (that sounds like a movie title.) Lying on my back in the snow in the winter, just my clothes, slept for like 1 hour, and woke up cold as hell. On a fence (it was one of those that are a little flat on the top.

Probably a few more that I can't think of right now.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I've slept on the roof of a barn once. School trip there for some project, the sleeping rooms were full after only half the group got in, so some people went to sleep next to the pigs/cows/chickens/sheep, and others(Like me) found their own places.

The place sucked.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I've slept on the roof of a barn once. School trip there for some project, the sleeping rooms were full after only half the group got in, so some people went to sleep next to the pigs/cows/chickens/sheep, and others(Like me) found their own places.

The place sucked.
What the hell is wrong with your school?

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Under the floorboards at my school.

There's a appx one and a half foot clearance under the tiles at my school for running cables through, and certain tiles can be lifted up. One night, because of the new "No sleeping in school" policy, and because I was running late on a project because of an idiot partner, I went to sleep down there, quite cozy I must say if not a little chilly.

Lurker
Reputation score

We went camping at a park called 1000 Islands. During that night, a tornado raged around the park as we slept. My parents stayed up, trying their best to keep everything secure and ensuring the tent kept standing.

The next morning, there were overturned RVs, giant trees ripped out from the soil and tipped on their side, and the public pool was apparently smashed by something that flew into it.

I'm not lying to you when I say this: I slept through a tornado in a tent.
This is essentially what happened I was doing during the water cyclone I mentioned in another thread, except I had been fishing earlier and seemed to either be ill or have some minor hypothermia. I didn't count it because it was still in a tent and in a sleeping bag, but I guess it counts.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

On the floor of a concert hall, while a heavy metal concert was in progress.

I was REALLY tired.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

You know those square gymnastics trampolines like 15 feet by thirty? On top of one of those when it was folded up, in the equipment room. My friend slept standing up inside a rolled up mat, it was so tight she couldn't fit her shoulder in, so she made a pillow out of a sweater to support her head and fell asleep with her arms straight out XD

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

All this sounds fun. Sleeping people are fun.

I think I've had a few odd sleeps. One being a nap in the luggage rack of a seriously over crowded train home from London. And another time in the boot of the family car. I used to sleep during just about every bus journey to college some time back. The trip took an hour every morning, and was seriously dull most of the time, so I would get back the sleep I lost from having to get up early. Never once missed the stop. There were some roundabouts right at the end of the journey, and I somehow learned to recognise the way the bus turned. In fact, from speed and notable turns etc, I could generally guess surprisingly accurately how far the bus had got with my eyes closed.

Also slept a few times on top of the walls of Norwich Castle. I had a hidden spot I'd often go to. The stone wasn't exactly soft, but with a backpack as a pillow it was nice as long as the weather was good.

At a party once, I was already asleep in a bed, when two others came and rolled me out of it. I wasn't in the mood for fighting over it, so I just shuffled into the very tight space underneath. Tight enough that I couldn't turn my head over without some effort. But it was good enough, and maybe an hour latter I was very glad I was under there when the rest of the still awake party goers decided it would be fun to charge upstairs screaming and pull the clothes off everyone in the room. I remained hidden safe and sound.

At a different party, I found my self sharing a single bed with a girl and 3 other guys. Spare some toe tickling, only actual sleeping occurred. We all just climbed in in the dark. Didn't even know who or how many were in there till someone yelped because someone else had poked em.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Is.. is that possible..?

Y-you mean.. days right...? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU!?
No months, it's called being a soldier. It was during the initial invasion of Iraq. Unfortunately unlike most I'm too big to sleep inside a HMMWV and I needed somewhere to get out of the sandstorms when I actually got to sleep.

I actually never would have fell of the top of the HMMWV if everyone else in my squad hadn't freaked out when Saddam decided to shoot a SCUD overhead, before we crossed the berm. I actually slept the rest of that day in MOPP 4 under the HMMWV. Those aren't really all that weird if you consider there were a lot of others doing it too.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

No months, it's called being a soldier. It was during the initial invasion of Iraq. Unfortunately unlike most I'm too big to sleep inside a HMMWV and I needed somewhere to get out of the sandstorms when I actually got to sleep.
I think he actually thought you were implying that you slept for that many months straight, without waking.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well I did that once, also. After all I am an abominable mind destroying cow, we elder evils have to sleep sometime you know. Drinking of people's fear is tiring.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Here I thought it'd be revitalizing!

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

OMJeebas.

Add the floor of my Parent's Art Gallery where I work to my list of strange places. I just woke up from a nap where I used the seat cushion of a chair as a pillow and a towel as a blanket.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I just remembered another weird place I fell asleep: first year at Otakon, I went to the rave. I got tired halfway through, so I went to lay down in the back. Next thing I know, my buddies are waking me up, saying the rave is over. Apparently, I fell asleep on top of a couple other people as well, whom we proceeded to wake up as well o_O
(I was wondering where those pillows came from... XD)

Reputation score

The two weirdest places I've ever slept are also the two worst places I've ever slept. The second worst was on a gravel road under a jeep in the middle of a Texas storm. The worst was in some vines up in a tree, which on its own wasn't that bad but the vines turned out to be some form of poison ivey... which was horrific at best for the next month.