What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If I recall correctly, the mood system increased/decreased damage taken and received for both the player and the succubi, could allow certain attacks if it was high enough, and was increased by:
- Certain attacks (kissing)
- Either the player or the enemy getting low health
- Either the player or the enemy losing their clothes
- Talking to the succubi
- Talking to the succubi and letting them take your energy
- Giving gifts
- Getting put in a stance and rarely getting out of a stance (depended on the enemy you faced, some liked getting out of stances for some reason)

And was decreased by:
- Resisting getting put in stances
- Talking to enemies and ignoring/resisting requests

In the context of this game, I think that it could be pretty similar with starting out lowish (I think SR started out at a 30% mood at the start of every fight?) and getting increased by certain moves/events in combat and potentially being a secondary requirement to using some much higher level moves (could prevent spamming of the most powerful moves at the start of the fight in the future due to not being usable immediately). Most of the time it wouldn't really be super impactful on combat, but it's still a small added complexity that might add a little bit of depth into the game. I don't like the idea of staleness and would much prefer a positive system be introduced instead. This isn't Super Smash Brothers, it's purely player versus game, so it's not like having powerful moves is unfair, it's merely an aspect of the game. I suppose as a pseudo staleness mechanic the prices of more powerful moves could be increased more drastically, but that's another issue entirely when it comes to combat balancing.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay so anyone interested in using the mod loader, turns out renpy was deleting the mod loaders folders when I made distributions because the folders were empty, next time I update the game that will be fixed.

But to get it working you just need to make a folder called ModLoader.
Then a folder called mods and a folder called lists in the ModLoader folder.

Capitalization should be exact to what I typed for the folder names, and then the mod loader will work correctly, and not break the game.

Great game.
It would be awesome if the enemies had fantasies/positions/things they want to try with the player (I'm not speaking of weak points, they already have that).

I mean having enemy requests. Accepting (giving/receiving specific attacks, position, items) would increase the combat reward (item, buff for next combat, exp...). Refusing would lower the mood.
Combat dialogue would give hints on random weak points unique for each girl (unlocked after indulging in their fantasies) so the player can overturn the table with devastating damages.
The player would accept some requests tp try to preserve the mood while being rational and not fall for obvious traps.

An example would be a random elf wanting a kiss. Kissing like she wanted would the lead to her asking to extract semen and to try potions while revealing a massive ass fetish. The player would overturn the table using her fetish after being given lots of free potions but just before being defeated for maximum gain.
I definitely get what you mean. Though such a system would have to individually implemented so not every enemy would get such content.

It would most likely work better for boss-like enemies.
And currently some similarish content exists with Trisha, though it has no benefits if you actually let her do what she wants, unless you want to lose.

If I recall correctly, the mood system increased/decreased damage taken and received for both the player and the succubi, could allow certain attacks if it was high enough, and was increased by:
- Certain attacks (kissing)
- Either the player or the enemy getting low health
- Either the player or the enemy losing their clothes
- Talking to the succubi
- Talking to the succubi and letting them take your energy
- Giving gifts
- Getting put in a stance and rarely getting out of a stance (depended on the enemy you faced, some liked getting out of stances for some reason)

And was decreased by:
- Resisting getting put in stances
- Talking to enemies and ignoring/resisting requests

In the context of this game, I think that it could be pretty similar with starting out lowish (I think SR started out at a 30% mood at the start of every fight?) and getting increased by certain moves/events in combat and potentially being a secondary requirement to using some much higher level moves (could prevent spamming of the most powerful moves at the start of the fight in the future due to not being usable immediately). Most of the time it wouldn't really be super impactful on combat, but it's still a small added complexity that might add a little bit of depth into the game. I don't like the idea of staleness and would much prefer a positive system be introduced instead. This isn't Super Smash Brothers, it's purely player versus game, so it's not like having powerful moves is unfair, it's merely an aspect of the game. I suppose as a pseudo staleness mechanic the prices of more powerful moves could be increased more drastically, but that's another issue entirely when it comes to combat balancing.
Well that's good to know.
Weather or not I implement such a system is yet to be known, and any combat overhauls will need to wait till v19 or v20.
But brain storming is good.

Though I'm not sure if I like the idea of it boosting damage for everyone.
I wonder how well an individual mood system could work, aka each enemy, and the player, has their own mood bar, a form of mental arousal over how close they are to cumming.

Also if I did implement a staleness factor to spamming skills I would also apply this to enemies.
And instead of staleness effecting damage it could effect mood gains. Or both.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
dang it I want people to see more of the response dialogue for enemies getting hit with different skills.
I understand that; you've written a bunch of lines but any veteran BFRPG player who plays with the intent to win, will miss 70-80% of these... That's a shame.
The trouble isn't on the AI side (or a mood system like Nightgames' original AI would work out) but on the player side. Currently, one must make dumb choices to enjoy 100% of the dialogue - most BF games fail to solve this issue (or force the player into a Rape-on-Loss behavior).

I could suggest a "cardbattle-like system". Something like this (you = player):
- each battle you would draw a random "hand" deciding which skill you can use
- the "deck" would be a compendium of your move, and the base % they get to appear
- you could choose a general deck/class? (charm-based, power-based...) which would alter the deck
- player options on the deck *must* be limited (or we'd be back to spamming the OP moves again)
- in-battle, the deck could be altered according to 'mood', arousal, stances, ailments... (ie confusion would change 1 card/turn to 'random basic attack', high arousal+charm would have a chance to spawn a 'jerk off' card...)
- monsters could get options to alter cards (ie an elf could 'entice' you and change a card to a 'special kiss' one...)
- redraw/wait could be an option
- struggle/escape moves would only be drawn when you get caught in the relevant stance (or replace the unavailable moves - ie finger->struggle when you get intercourse'd, kiss->lick when you get facesat)

-> the player would need to use skills he wouldn't normally use, and the developper gets more option to push the player around, without having him feel limited/frustrated.

That would require a big overhaul, but the changes would only alter the player's interface - the mainframe of the battle system looks fine as is. Overall balancing should get easier eventually with a luck-based system like that (on average, an RNG/luck system works against the vet players, and helps out the beginners).

Easier ways, would be:
- a passive temptation system (that catgirl could get a passive 10% chance/turn to limit your choices to 'spank/grope ass/beg for assjob'...)
- aggro/cc/invitation moves (the elf girl inviting you for a kiss / an common ailment like confusion, turning any move to a basic, seldom-used attack)

Let's face it, most devs just give up, and it's up to the player to read the 'hidden' lines if they feel like it... Iow more than half of the dev's work become useless/pointless to most players :'(

I think I'd prefer a mood/sexual tension meter over a strict combo system.
Where you have to use more foreplay oriented attacks to increase damage dealt, or even allow the heavy hitting moves.
Event just working up to penetration could help in some ways.
Definitely. It doesn't feel right to rush into intercourse with a poor helpless(?) imp on turn 1, or to assrape that lizardgirl with your limp 0/300 arousal. A 'requirement' of some foreplay/moodbuilding would make much sense (for both the hero and the monster).

A mood/personality system like NG would make things a bit complicated, I'd favor a simpler one (as in, "kiss the lady first, will you?").
In SQ/SR, you fill up a mood jauge to get more options available. Some moves build up the mood slower or faster, and you usually can't use straight off the bat the 'heavier' moves that come with a mood requirement (read: sex). Just this part, would be a simple fix.

Counter skills are slowly coming into the game, but still need a bit more infrastructure to work as I want, currently only auto counter's for enemies work. Nicci has one for suckle.
I think cool downs would most likely not make a whole lot of sense for some moves, and would overall just make the game harder and remove options from the player.
I'll be keeping track of stuff that gets mentioned, so I have a list to look over and think on, move staleness is still an option, to prevent spamming at least. But probably won't fix the overall issue alone if I do implement it.
To prevent spamming without limiting the player's option:
- dynamic counters (a Minotaur gets a base 5% chance to counter when you use "thrust". If you keep spamming, she gets 15%,25%,50%... chances to turn the tables and pin you down)
- Rage/limit system (each monster gets a super move or sorts, which needs arousal/conditions to charge up. The hero spamming, could charge them up much faster, making spam a dangerous option). Ex: if you fuck an elf, her neglected friends will charge up like crazy , and will cast a buff making her x3 tougher when you're done with her friend. An over-fucked defeated harpy could keep on milking you like an headless chicken; a certain maid could become a wolf in sheep's clothing atfer you teased her out of character.

I wonder how well an individual mood system could work, aka each enemy, and the player, has their own mood bar, a form of mental arousal over how close they are to cumming.
Also if I did implement a staleness factor to spamming skills I would also apply this to enemies.
And instead of staleness effecting damage it could effect mood gains. Or both.
The 'staleness' system is often just that, stale. NG has it, but there are so many ways around it, it gets pointless. Maybe consider, a temporary fetish/addiction/resistance set for each battle?
- Kissing an elf could lower her resitance to penetration moves, spanking an imp could make her more resistant to pleasure attacks?
- player could gradually 'melt down' to kisses, or become more and more resistant to charm/sleep, or warier againt blowjob/restraint spamming after each struggle?

At this point, there woudn't be much gain, but this would be an interesting alternative to a bigger overhaul. More parameters to tinker with, will allow you more options to fine-tune and/or implement the conditions for monster-specific, unique scenes. This would be related to the 'aggro/cc' approach I've suggested above.

edit:
Code:
File "game/gamecode/functions/readerFormat.rpy", line 17, in <module>
    $ display = display.format(**readerDiction)
KeyError: u'targerYouOrMonsterName'
looks like the typo is back in intoxicatingEmbrace.json:
Code:
"statusMiss": "...but {targetYouOrMonsterName} manages to resist, tearing off {attackerHisOrHer} vines as {targe[B]r[/B]YouOrMonsterName} backs away!",

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I could suggest a "cardbattle-like system". Something like this (you = player):
- each battle you would draw a random "hand" deciding which skill you can use
- the "deck" would be a compendium of your move, and the base % they get to appear
- you could choose a general deck/class? (charm-based, power-based...) which would alter the deck
- player options on the deck *must* be limited (or we'd be back to spamming the OP moves again)
- in-battle, the deck could be altered according to 'mood', arousal, stances, ailments... (ie confusion would change 1 card/turn to 'random basic attack', high arousal+charm would have a chance to spawn a 'jerk off' card...)
- monsters could get options to alter cards (ie an elf could 'entice' you and change a card to a 'special kiss' one...)
- redraw/wait could be an option
- struggle/escape moves would only be drawn when you get caught in the relevant stance (or replace the unavailable moves - ie finger->struggle when you get intercourse'd, kiss->lick when you get facesat)

-> the player would need to use skills he wouldn't normally use, and the developper gets more option to push the player around, without having him feel limited/frustrated.

That would require a big overhaul, but the changes would only alter the player's interface - the mainframe of the battle system looks fine as is. Overall balancing should get easier eventually with a luck-based system like that (on average, an RNG/luck system works against the vet players, and helps out the beginners).
Definitely a neat idea, though it probably won't be what a go for given the scope of the change.
And given how stances work in the game it think it will end up limiting options too much for the player.
That or require one hell of a dealer AI.

Easier ways, would be:
- a passive temptation system (that catgirl could get a passive 10% chance/turn to limit your choices to 'spank/grope ass/beg for assjob'...)
- aggro/cc/invitation moves (the elf girl inviting you for a kiss / an common ailment like confusion, turning any move to a basic, seldom-used attack)
Passive temptation would be a good addition for some characters, forcing you to pick between a few specific skill.
Though it would need to be done on an individual monster basis in the combat events, but definitely a good way to spice up some of the fights.
Confusion could be a fun, if annoying status effect.

Let's face it, most devs just give up, and it's up to the player to read the 'hidden' lines if they feel like it... Iow more than half of the dev's work become useless/pointless to most players :'(
Never give up, never surrender.

Definitely. It doesn't feel right to rush into intercourse with a poor helpless(?) imp on turn 1, or to assrape that lizardgirl with your limp 0/300 arousal. A 'requirement' of some foreplay/moodbuilding would make much sense (for both the hero and the monster).

A mood/personality system like NG would make things a bit complicated, I'd favor a simpler one (as in, "kiss the lady first, will you?").
In SQ/SR, you fill up a mood jauge to get more options available. Some moves build up the mood slower or faster, and you usually can't use straight off the bat the 'heavier' moves that come with a mood requirement (read: sex). Just this part, would be a simple fix.
The imps probably like it, but I definitely agree that it can ramp up a bit too fast, and a linear mood system could help a lot, and seems to be what a few people are leaning towards.

Figuring out where to display a mood meter will be fun, though I'm leaning towards giving everyone separate mood bars so hiding the enemies mood would solve that end.
Would lust make more sense over mood for naming?

To prevent spamming without limiting the player's option:
- dynamic counters (a Minotaur gets a base 5% chance to counter when you use "thrust". If you keep spamming, she gets 15%,25%,50%... chances to turn the tables and pin you down)
- Rage/limit system (each monster gets a super move or sorts, which needs arousal/conditions to charge up. The hero spamming, could charge them up much faster, making spam a dangerous option). Ex: if you fuck an elf, her neglected friends will charge up like crazy , and will cast a buff making her x3 tougher when you're done with her friend. An over-fucked defeated harpy could keep on milking you like an headless chicken; a certain maid could become a wolf in sheep's clothing atfer you teased her out of character.
Both of these seem like really fun ideas to implement. Once again will be on a more specific basis, at least for the rage/patience system idea,
While a scaling bonus of some kind against repeated use, counters or even bonus' to evade could work.

The 'staleness' system is often just that, stale. NG has it, but there are so many ways around it, it gets pointless. Maybe consider, a temporary fetish/addiction/resistance set for each battle?
- Kissing an elf could lower her resitance to penetration moves, spanking an imp could make her more resistant to pleasure attacks?
- player could gradually 'melt down' to kisses, or become more and more resistant to charm/sleep, or warier againt blowjob/restraint spamming after each struggle?

At this point, there woudn't be much gain, but this would be an interesting alternative to a bigger overhaul. More parameters to tinker with, will allow you more options to fine-tune and/or implement the conditions for monster-specific, unique scenes. This would be related to the 'aggro/cc' approach I've suggested above.
More temporary fetish/resistance effects based on skill used or hit by could also help out.

I do like the idea of making either the player or enemies more resistant to restraints (and stuns) with consecutive uses in one combat. That probably goes down in the fight slowly.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I am violently opposed to random move cards, that's the kind of garbage I drop a game for and never look back. Anti spam mechanics are typically fairly boring as well, being rewarded for using combos is more interesting - for example having multiple valid options for 'thrust' WITHIN a stat rather than Power only having 1 good one, Technique having a separate good one, etc. Maybe Power could have, idk, short relentless thrusts, BALLS DEEP over the top thrusts, and a mating press/pin and fuck move that play off of each other so my dude doesn't just want to go balls deep every turn. You can still win just spaming BALLS DEEP if that's your fetish, it doesn't get worse every turn, but it's not as efficient as comboing or setting up properly But being PUNISHED for just going balls deep just feels bad.

Having SOME of the ideas on SOME girls could be a lot of fun though, as special mechanics based on the character. Though this already exists to a significant degree with custom moves (ex. Nicci's pheromone invitations, catgirl tail->anal, etc, the angel I was working on has significantly different movesets and approaches to combat based on stances, etc) so I'm not sure if adding a separate system would add a great deal, but enemy move combos and custom moves were something I had been playing around with a lot and really enjoyed. Simply giving enemies moves dedicated to starting their favored stances or stance combinations does a lot of work and can make for some fun. Not sure if it's been changed now but despite their MAKE ME PREGNANT vibe, when I last played I don't think Elves had any way to actually start sex, just kissing/bj, which are both hot but why tf they asking me to knock them up 24/7 if they don't want to put in the work for it?

Mood as well I'm not a huge fan of - I don't hate it and the concept could make sense in some situations but in general, most of the girls walk up to you thirstier than a dude dehydrating in the middle of the fucking Sahara. Most of them are down to fuck you into a coma from turn 1. Human enemies (ex. Nara) can kinda make sense to have mood but for most they just want a buckshot bukakke of baby batter up their bone zone, mood be damned. The island's weird magic field and monster magic seem to give you near infinite semen in many scenes as well, so I don't know if it would really even make sense to apply it to the hero - and "minimum lust" systems to unlock fun moves are almost universally trash anyways.

I do like the requests concept though, a LOT actually - rather than a binary "roll d20 and see if you get blowjob'd," having the elf want to give you a blowjob and your acceptance/refusal altering the scene and giving both of you benefits or downsides could make for more interesting choices in battles beyond "I want to set up my god combo and she wants to set up hers." Just a thought. As someone who both loves relentless semiconsensual monster girl rape and straight vanilla emotional tenderness I would NOT be adverse to having your choices in combat result in either victory/loss sex and possibly a third 'fully consensual' middle-ground, both win/lose sort of ending that may, for example, still give you fetishes/affection from the enemy but NOT a game over. Bonus points if that is tracked to some degree like it can be in events. Desire Dungeon had terrible gameplay (sry fam but it's true) but the focus on letting the girls remember you each encounter, react to past wins/losses, having different sex scenes for wins/losses, and even being able to 'waifu' the one you liked best at the end of the game was really cool.

Also on the Night Games commentary - I love the writing in that game and the early combat but it dissolves into a worthless fuckfing shitfest of stance locks 24 7 and the enemies interrupting everything you do unless YOU go full cancer and lock them down forever which is even less fun. Definitely some possibilities to be gleaned from there but pls god I don't ever want to spend as much time spamming struggle/escape in a game as I did there. Ruined an interesting game.

------

Seems I missed a lot when Xenforo decided to randomly stop showing updates for this thread and make me think it was paused or something, lol. Good to see more innkeeper/cleric content, kinda regretting spending as much time modding them now though haha. Entirely my fault though, you made them SO awesome early on that I wanted to see more of them and went a little crazy with it. Not much point in posting that compilation mod now though so I'll have to reassess what I was working on and see what content to drop 'cuz I don't want to override what y'all doing.

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
definitely. It doesn't feel right to rush into intercourse with a poor helpless(?) imp on turn 1, or to assrape that lizardgirl with your limp 0/300 arousal. A 'requirement' of some foreplay/moodbuilding would make much sense (for both the hero and the monster).
I don't know if i agree with this, monster girls are attacking you, keep this in mind, they're probably in the mood all of the time and as Threshold says and i tend to agree, the heroes cock inside of them is exactly where they want it to be most of the time, though some tend to have a preference of which orifice that is exactly.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Card game implementation to randomize interactions during an encounter is a bad idea. It's not even a "maybe it could work, but not here" kind of idea; it's just bad. When you have a system that takes control away from the player in favor of "lolsorandom" hijinks, it takes away from the experience. Part of what makes games like ROBF, MGQ, and others so popular is because the player can still control what they do in face of the AI's shenanigans. You take that away, and it stops being about strategy and starts being a shitty time.

In terms of having passive temptation, it could be a neat idea as Threhold stated. The issue is going back and implementing it properly. For the more aggressive/simple-minded monsters, it wouldn't make much sense in-universe. An elf that is tsun to the max suddenly has a passive that tempts the player not to make babies with her right then and there, even though that's what she wants? Or, would the passive work against her, thus defeating the purpose? In enemies like Mika, Scylia, Nikki, and the alraunes, that would be fine. It could work only because it makes sense with them being more passive/focused on tempting the player rather than being as proactive as, say, a minotaur.

The invitation system already exists, and it exists with the creatures that make the most sense. An elf is an aggressive enemy, so it makes sense that she would forgo the player's consent rather than suggest he could get rapey on her. I mean, she isn't opposed; but, she's also more interested in being the dom. The only really aggressive one I've seen (so far) with the urgency to be aggressive and lay some charm on the player is Mika, and that's mostly here thing, anyways. All-in-all, a lot of the proposed overhauls just don't work in-universe because it means changing interactions and altering the flow of combat from what it currently is, which is a lot of unnecessary work in a game that's almost 20+ versions out of Alpha. Sorry, but that's asking the creator to change too many things around too much too late into the process.

I have to agree with the above guy, btw. Not only for the reasons he's mentioned, but also because the pc's dick isn't constantly flaccid. I see the arousal system as more a "limit gauge" before the temptations/rubbing/sex becomes too much and our pc blows his load. I would think that, yes, for the most part, we're flaccid in the designated "safe zone" (or as much as we can be, given the bunch of temptations there), but as soon as we encounter a monster, things start getting "heated up." That, or our pc's biggest concern should be contacting a doctor rather than trying to pay back that debt...

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have to agree with the above guy, btw. Not only for the reasons he's mentioned, but also because the pc's dick isn't constantly flaccid. I see the arousal system as more a "limit gauge" before the temptations/rubbing/sex becomes too much and our pc blows his load. I would think that, yes, for the most part, we're flaccid in the designated "safe zone" (or as much as we can be, given the bunch of temptations there), but as soon as we encounter a monster, things start getting "heated up." That, or our pc's biggest concern should be contacting a doctor rather than trying to pay back that debt...
But... If he has an erection lasting longer than four hours, what doctor will he see? So far, the majority of the island is women, and monster women at that, and I don't quite think that method of "treatment" will be very useful for NOT extending those four hours to even longer periods of time. Either that, or the player character was VERY popular back in the academy back home.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Lets be honest, if you were stuck on an island full of horny monster girls you'd probably be erect 100% of the time too, but who knows, maybe theres something in the air, something in the water, maybe our brave hero studied for years and trained every day to be able to maintain a boner so that he would be able defeat monster girls with his ultimate weapon at a moment's notice, keep in mind that due to the magic of the succubus queen, physical violence is impossible.

Last edited:

eleniak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've never seen a game where limiting the player's ability to do things actually made the combat actually be any deeper, it just makes it more annoying for the player. Instead of just picking the best single move, they just pick the best set of moves that leads to the best move anyway. It doesn't actually help. Players who are actually playing to win will still try to find the fastest and most economical way to win. Especially considering that these fights aren't one and done, you often have to fight several things in a row without a real break.

I'm not a game designer by any means but if you want to break up the monotony, I feel like your stance system could already do that if applied properly. If you use it in combination with the fetish system you could give your players incentive to find different ways to fight different monster girls instead of just spamming the same move over and over. If they have a way to turn the tables on the opponent in the stance the opponent picked, it could lead to more experimenting with different solutions instead of just mindlessly pushing them off and forcing them into fucking your way instead. Of course, if you're not good at whatever you need to do to use their stance, you still have the ability to force things so the player isn't screwed by their own fetishes or skill choices.

Another thing I feel, though this one might not be super popular, is that you should probably change your character system some. As it is now, you have four different offensive stats, but you don't actually have a lot of real variety in what they do. If you're using Power, you use Pound. If you use Technique, it's Multithrust instead. Willpower, it's Empowered Thrust. The stats don't really do different things, they do the same thing in different ways. Either you should actually give the stats different applications(power for pain, technique for actual sex, Allure for seduction/foreplay, etc.), or just dump some stats and combine everything. As it is you have move bloat because you don't seem to want to punish a player for wanting to specialize so you give every stat access to almost everything, which means they do specialize because that means they can do everything better and 3/4 of your stuff doesn't get touched. You already even have core skills that can use any stat, so you can make it so everyone can do anything but the stat makes them do specific things well.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, just wanted to throw my two cents in. Now back to trying to duplicate the bug where I accidentally made Nara vanish from the mountain before I'd actually fought her.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
They told me i was weird, they called me a perv. Now they called me 'Hero'. When the monster girls came, i made sure it was twice.
"And all the town citizens, priestesses, and monsters will look up and shout "fuck us!", and I'll whisper "Soon™ ."

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
MFW the inn update made the Trisha battle the best thing ever with plenty of temptation, and getting to call her cute over and over has the desired effect. 10/10 A+++ game of the year, Dad of Boy move over it's cute succubus o'clock

A++++ good shit threshold

ALSO LILIAN IS SO FUCKING CUTE I want to lewd her even more than usual, which is a feat in and of itself

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don't think you should spend too much time pondering how to make the gameplay better. The options you have with a 1-person party and turn-based combat are very limited.

Instead use the game mechanics to enhance the characteristics of certain monster girls more, even if it may become "unfair". E.g. the temptation attack of a succubus has a minimum fixed chance of success regardless the hero's strength.

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Nevermind combat mechanics, instead, a better access to consumables would be most welcomed.
It's a bother to menu/character/items/consumable/potion after each tough combat.
Each time the message "you can access you inventory" appears there ought to be either:
-a shortcut to the consumables
-a shortcut to use energy/lust/cure potions depending on the character status (only common ones, the one the player is post likely to use anyway and that will probably never disappear after game updates).

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nevermind combat mechanics, instead, a better access to consumables would be most welcomed.
It's a bother to menu/character/items/consumable/potion after each tough combat.
Each time the message "you can access you inventory" appears there ought to be either:
-a shortcut to the consumables
-a shortcut to use energy/lust/cure potions depending on the character status (only common ones, the one the player is post likely to use anyway and that will probably never disappear after game updates).
I wonder if it'd be possible to have a little submenu of the last 3-4 combat options the player has done, but not removing things if attacks were reused. Like, if you used a consumable 5 turns ago and have been spamming since, it'd be nice to be able to click a "last used" button and see that consumable in the second part of the menu.

Last edited:

Shivan Hunter

Lurker
Reputation score
(UI guy here) "Recently Used" isn't too hard to get working, we had it for a while taking up the space where the tooltip is now. Could probably be implemented as the submenu of another top-level menu as well?

"You can access your inventory" is a say statement in adventuring.rpy - Say statements can have links which call other labels, so it shouldn't be too hard to make "Inventory" here a link directly to the character/items/consumables screen. I'm also wondering about the idea of a "Quick menu" consisting of herbs and estus calming/energy potions, available both in combat and whenever the inventory is available, but that seems finicky design-wise (especially as more consumables get added and modded in).

(In my very original pass of the UI, I had planned to make that player-outline-icon thing a button which took you to the inventory and was greyed out whenever it was unavailable, but that icon was thematically iffy from the beginning. It was kind of aping the game's RPG/adventurer trappings, but didn't fit the tone at all)

Not much to say on the staleness/mood mechanic - just hope that whatever gets implemented helps to differentiate between different characters, rather than making them too samey. MGD is already doing well on that front, so I'd hate to have it ruined.

Also Lillian is adorable and deserves headpats <3

Satou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Can we get a feature that lets you increase your own arousal, like masturbating? Do the enemies have different lines based on how they make you cum? If so, I want to see them without surrendering (which means you have to cum over and over again until your spirit reaches 0).

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Can we get a feature that lets you increase your own arousal, like masturbating? Do the enemies have different lines based on how they make you cum? If so, I want to see them without surrendering (which means you have to cum over and over again until your spirit reaches 0).
Dovetailing on Shivan up there, I do the editing so I can confirm that there are different lines based on how opponents make you cum, often 2-4 (usually three) lines for each method they have. The no stance variants are there for every single monster in the game, and they usually have lines for the stances they put you in and occasionally have a few for special moves (such as harpies have an "onPlayerOrgasm" line for their Feather Job attack) they use as well.

I'm wondering if there might be some merit to a TOTALLY original NOT inspired by MGQ request menu that has a request list to get to some of those harder to find lines like the aforementioned feather job. If you surrender, you have no choice as to what attack enemies use and it's inevitable that they'll put you in a stance that you can't struggle out of, and attempting to wait until they randomly use a single move one hit away from orgasming when they can do literally anything is putting faith in RNGesus a little too much.

My only hesitation for that request list is the possibility of having reactions from the monsters to you requesting attacks, which might mean a line or two for every single monster in the game from here on out unless the decision is made to just go straight into the normal combat lines and ignore the reactions of the monster to the player literally requesting attacks, whether they be overeager or caught off guard by it. It's too much of a good opportunity to pass up for more personalized characterization in my eyes, but... that's a lot of potential writing to do for literally every monster from now on until the game is finished. In the end, the decision to make things is up to Threshold, but they're interesting ideas nonetheless.

EDIT: Now that I think about it some more, I suppose there's some consideration as using requesting not very powerful moves it as a stalling mechanic (potentially for status effects if the player doesn't have items to remove them), but other than that I don't see why there would be any positive reason to use it if one wasn't deliberately damaging themselves. Even in that niche circumstance, I'd think there would be other options that would be far better choices anyway. I can't think of anything else that might be a useful use for this. On another note, perhaps imposing restrictions for requesting attacks might just be the same as restrictions for the attacks themselves would be good. What I mean by this is that you can't just randomly out of the blue ask for a sex attack if you aren't in that stance.

Last edited: