What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yeah there's some bugs floating around.

Well if you dont defend when they get the attack boost they will destroy you.
But they might need some tweaks irregardless as it will probably be a hard fight to balance.
There's a missing "ChangeArousal" line 1637 in KitsunesMentalHelp.json (pledge scene), it makes a "30" display instead of the arousal change.

Let me take back what I said about the Onis - I just happened to have awful luck the first 3-4 fights. With a good strategy (and some luck, duh), they do go down eventually...
Hard fight, but manageable, so the balance should be well-thought after all... Gomen-nasai very much :cry:

Edit:
- trying to turn off kunoichi trainees encounters (via shizu) sends you back to town instead

- to get kotone's reward, you need to clear the hard-mode will-side trials again, after defeating the Onis. Just going back to her room won't trigger the event.

Last edited:

zyxxz

Reputation score
The error causing the Shizu dialogue to jump to Kotone is due to the usage of "JumpToEvent" rather than "JumpToScene" in the code.

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Thanks for directing me to that page; forcing Ren'Py to use DirectX fixed the issue for me, the game seems to run a bit slower, but I get to play again and experience the new content, so I don't really mind.

EDIT:
Yep, attempting to fight with the Kunoichi (the one from the "Sleep Ambush" event) freezes and crashes the game, here's the traceback file created after the crash:
I'm getting this crash too, which prevents me from continuing the game (I restarted for another play through haha) really interested to see what the new feet scene is.

Super impressed with this game. It's quickly becoming my favourite H-game of all time, the writing is incredibly well done, and it just keeps getting better.
I really loved the new enemy's in this update too! The new temple boss in particular is my new favorite along with Kotone.

Last edited:

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
19.1 should come out at some point today, which should hopefully fix all these bigger issues. Threshold said on his Discord (shameless plug, here's the link ) that he's working on things, so if you have the patience you can just wait for that release for all of your text based needs.

Shivan Hunter

Lurker
Reputation score
Love the update - Kotone's content is great, Shizu is great, and the onis are frigging adorable!

zyxxz

Reputation score
It seems like there's still a small bug in Shizu's combat event for her footjob in the scene "CockHeadTease". It started off with a "IfPlayerOrgasm" but the next line was "IfChoice", "3", "TempleFight", "blah" as such, this part of the code doesn't actually gets run but ends up displayed as text during the scene.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
By the way, I'm fairly sure if you have defined genres (the hero is always a he and opponents are always shes, at least for now) you can skip the 3rd plural form (they/their/them) when you're writing about single characters. That thing is usually reserved for either royalty or when the sex of the subject is unknown.

Eredin5

Reputation score
Gotta say you keep outdoing yourself on these updates, Threshold. No pressure or anything for the next one, anyways onto the feedback; the Shizu fight was fun and even a little difficult after you figure out which is the real one. I notice a trend now where you don't add a lot of characters on the updates, but the ones you do add have a lot of character and content which is great. As for the Oni, great job! I fought them individually to gauge them and was totally surprised midway through the hard mode fight. Took me the better part of an hour to finish it, but it was worth it in the end. Even with Kotone's hypno slave perk I was able to complete the fight, but perhaps my character is over leveled for the content now. Not that I'm complaining because I did grind a lot to get there. Still I try to balance that out by having my character have at least a lvl 2 fetish in everything. Before I forget, the reward from Kotone was great too! Thanks for the hard work and I look forward to more.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v19.2 is now out bringing fixes, balance changes, and a bunch of post challenge Kotone content.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
v19.2 is now out bringing fixes, balance changes, and a bunch of post challenge Kotone content.
Wow, that's some massive wall of text (Kotone, not the above xD) and a lot work done behind the scenes.

It's really, really nice to see the game universe getting fleshed out; also a good timing with the first 'real' trial over with. I wasn't a big cyclops fan, but Kotone sure makes up for them!

I'll need some more time to test out the new balance, but so far it looks very good. Also, I could go wild with cheating/editing, but the game could use a way to 'reset' stats - at a hefty cost, of course. This way we could (legitimately) test how other builds would work out, and perhaps tackle upcoming challenges/bosses differently.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
In my save I think I did the red hall before I even bothered with the blue one so I don't even think I had access to her challenge. I'm not exactly sure, though. Guess I'll make a new save.

skite0

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
In my save I think I did the red hall before I even bothered with the blue one so I don't even think I had access to her challenge. I'm not exactly sure, though. Guess I'll make a new save.
challenge unlocked via hypnoslave (take her "therapy" sessions)

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
challenge unlocked via hypnoslave (take her "therapy" sessions)
yeah but doesn't she want you to complete both red/blue/doubledoor paths with the perk? If I had already beaten part of it before even talking to her, can I still do the challenge by just pressing the buttons and redoing the challenges? That's what I'm confused about. That said I don't mind making new saves anyways since I like making new builds.

shadow1029

Demon Girl
Reputation score
yeah but doesn't she want you to complete both red/blue/doubledoor paths with the perk? If I had already beaten part of it before even talking to her, can I still do the challenge by just pressing the buttons and redoing the challenges? That's what I'm confused about. That said I don't mind making new saves anyways since I like making new builds.
I believe you only have to do Blue Side and the double boss battle with her hypno slave perk. Talking to her after that should progress her events.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I believe you only have to do Blue Side and the double boss battle with her hypno slave perk. Talking to her after that should progress her events.
Yeah I tried it but it didn't work. The only new dialogue I got was the one where one of the Oni says she HAS to undo the perk, in which you go and tell Kotone that, and nothing happens. I chose to just leave and went and beat them again, but that remained the only new dialogue so I think it's better I just work on a new save.

edit: going back a few posts I see that I'd have to do the will trials again after defeating oni twins, sorry for not seeing it before.

Last edited:

shadow1029

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Yeah I tried it but it didn't work. The only new dialogue I got was the one where one of the Oni says she HAS to undo the perk, in which you go and tell Kotone that, and nothing happens. I chose to just leave and went and beat them again, but that remained the only new dialogue so I think it's better I just work on a new save.

edit: going back a few posts I see that I'd have to do the will trials again after defeating oni twins, sorry for not seeing it before.
Did you succeed in redoing every room on the Blue side after getting Kotone's Hypno Slave perk? The challenges are much more difficult.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v19.3 is now out!
Smol update with bug fixing balancing and an update+art for the blue slime in the forest.