What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Like zero win rewards? or just exp?
I'm glad you enjoyed the update despite the bugs!
At least as far as I can tell they don't give ANYTHING if you take the victory scenes. I tried changing their XP to 10,000 just to be sure (for a guaranteed levelup) and didn't get shit.

...Honestly the victory scenes are so hot and well written that I'd take them every time anyways, but uh, that's neither here nor there.

After trying the statue again it seems that the problem is gone (still stuck with Monstrous 1 tho, but that may be intended from doing the first bit of Kotonoe event line then dipping), so it might have just been an issue with the save game being older or something.

On a slightly more overall positive note I just wanna say that I really enjoy how the game is developing and your writing just continues to impress in general. I have a bad tendency to forget about or dip on H games after a playthrough or two, but while my modding work is going... very slowly I'm still always gonna play new versions and am always impressed by them. So, uh, thanks for sticking with the game and continuing to Make HRPGs Great Again.

someday when I figure out how to not have to redo half my content from scratch every update i'll actually upload the mod set

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
At least as far as I can tell they don't give ANYTHING if you take the victory scenes. I tried changing their XP to 10,000 just to be sure (for a guaranteed levelup) and didn't get shit.

...Honestly the victory scenes are so hot and well written that I'd take them every time anyways, but uh, that's neither here nor there.

After trying the statue again it seems that the problem is gone (still stuck with Monstrous 1 tho, but that may be intended from doing the first bit of Kotonoe event line then dipping), so it might have just been an issue with the save game being older or something.

On a slightly more overall positive note I just wanna say that I really enjoy how the game is developing and your writing just continues to impress in general. I have a bad tendency to forget about or dip on H games after a playthrough or two, but while my modding work is going... very slowly I'm still always gonna play new versions and am always impressed by them. So, uh, thanks for sticking with the game and continuing to Make HRPGs Great Again.

someday when I figure out how to not have to redo half my content from scratch every update i'll actually upload the mod set
I'm pretty sure i know the issue now for exp, and I was pretty sure i fixed it before so this should be fun...

Yeah there's possibly some lingering issues for the statue if you used it before the fix for it because of what using it did. >>
But you may also have that from kotone's stuff yeah.

I look forward to seeing what you've actually been up to with the modding given all the new tools I've been adding.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Just to let you guys know, Threshold just recently put a 5 dollar option on his Patreon, so if you have been waiting for an opportunity to contribute more to the development of this great project, now you can. To me, this is simply the most interesting Monster Girl related project on Patreon right now.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v18.3 is go with mostly more small fix ups. But also an update to Minoni.

FUCK ME WITH A RUSTY CACTUS ELENA'S ART IS SO GOOD

I am most def hot for teacher OH BOY this is going places
...Oh yeah I guess she is technically teacher.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Uh, I went to fight Nicci, cast Numb Self and she died.
RIP beautiful flower.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Go v18.4 update because freaking bugs! Also one new bit of content.

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Just a random question:
Are the fetish levels you receive during character creation permanent nowadays, and if not, are there plans to do so?

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Go v18.4 update because freaking bugs! Also one new bit of content.
Kunoichi trainee harpy tengu, Feng, (especially after her Awooo thing) and Aiko still have a tendency to randomly stop the fight or drop dead.
Some just die after you use numb self or meditate.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Just a random question:
Are the fetish levels you receive during character creation permanent nowadays, and if not, are there plans to do so?
They should already be permanent?
Or are you some how finding a way to get rid of them?

Kunoichi trainee harpy tengu, Feng, (especially after her Awooo thing) and Aiko still have a tendency to randomly stop the fight or drop dead.
Gdi.

But just to make sure, you're loading in town not the temple right?

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The nymph is top cutie, hoping she gets more content eventually.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I can confirm this for T.Harpy and Aiko, though I couldn't make head or tail as of why/when that happens yet. Auto-victories are still much less frequent than 18.3. I also experimented an auto return to town on the Will side, for some reason?
Also, Tengu harpy's song sometimes exits the whole fight. You can navigate, but with 1-2 harpies in the background; crashes seem likely if you encounter anything but harpies afterwards (saving+loading doesn't help here, but returning to town does). Note I have Kotone max handicap, if that matters.
Kotone's 1st training session still doesn't give its permanent, advertised +1 spirit (though Nymph works properly... throught her perk?)

Fetishes rework is neat; we can now access fetish 2+, 3+ content without being 1-shot by every lone imp :)

Tengus are pretty much free XP once you get... acquainted. They could use another card in their hand (like, a bushin/illusion/summon of sorts, to assist and slap some sense into them when you try and get the upper hand).

A few typos left here and there, I'll try and scoop them up this weekend (no promise). Good job!

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The nymph is top cutie, hoping she gets more content eventually.
She probably will in time, but I made her from a sudden burst of inspiration and plan to tie her into one of the side quests later in someway. And I have a lot to do before I get to that side quest.

I can confirm this for T.Harpy and Aiko, though I couldn't make head or tail as of why/when that happens yet. Auto-victories are still much less frequent than 18.3. I also experimented an auto return to town on the Will side, for some reason?
Also, Tengu harpy's song sometimes exits the whole fight. You can navigate, but with 1-2 harpies in the background; crashes seem likely if you encounter anything but harpies afterwards (saving+loading doesn't help here, but returning to town does). Note I have Kotone max handicap, if that matters.
I'm unable to recreate these issues, so im not sure how to go about fixing them yet.
Good to know it's not as common as last ver where I messed up the new loss check for enemies...

Fetishes rework is neat; we can now access fetish 2+, 3+ content without being 1-shot by every lone imp :)
And getting permanent fetish levels isn't as catastrophically bad.

Tengus are pretty much free XP once you get... acquainted. They could use another card in their hand (like, a bushin/illusion/summon of sorts, to assist and slap some sense into them when you try and get the upper hand).
There are the most uncommon encounter in the dungeon though.
But they probably could use some more combat options or something so they aren't as easy exp fodder.
that or i could just decrease the exp amount xD

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I've had a couple crashes at level 40 post-combat with Mika. Mostly, I'm an ass man, so I did hit "wait" more than I usually do. Anyways, I beat her via war of attrition, and almost immediately afterwards, the game crashed. Dunno if that's a bug or my computer being a toaster.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
She probably will in time, but I made her from a sudden burst of inspiration and plan to tie her into one of the side quests later in someway. And I have a lot to do before I get to that side quest.

I'm unable to recreate these issues, so im not sure how to go about fixing them yet.
Good to know it's not as common as last ver where I messed up the new loss check for enemies...
If that helps, here's a "jinxed" save. Whatever I choose VS the tengu, the battle auto-ends, with the previously described effects. I met a Tengu harpy afterwards, which resulted in the auto-victory scenario instead. (save properly updated in town, was also updated in 18.3 before, and not the first time meeting/defeating Tengus)
In any case, these glitches are specific to the WP Temple. Updating saves does not help; I'm unsure whether it's something we carried over from the previous version (ie a new game wouldn't glitch?), or something created & repeatable in the current one.

The tengus & Nymph are fine as they are. There wouldn't be much incentive hunting down tengus otherwise (they're much less annoying than the trainees...), and I can picture a Nymph testing the hero at the Goddess' request, a little before the final showdown w/ demon queen. Nymphs are supposed to be Sofia-class (and more... active, to boot).

If anything to suggest, I'd vote for simple monster descriptions 'alternate lines'. Like, different hair color, bust size, etc. - perhaps linked to some special perk, or skill preferences. Not a big deal, but it would spice up the fights somewhat; there isn't much point farming earlier/easier regions right now.

Before I forget, +1 for the free use of "push away": a simple but efficient way to deal with the annoying stance spammers. Good compromises!

Attachments

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
They should already be permanent?
Or are you some how finding a way to get rid of them?
Dunno which version I started playing, but it was back when you only started with 2 levels of a fetish. I was able to simply remove then by donating to the goddess just like you remove all fetishes.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've had a couple crashes at level 40 post-combat with Mika. Mostly, I'm an ass man, so I did hit "wait" more than I usually do. Anyways, I beat her via war of attrition, and almost immediately afterwards, the game crashed. Dunno if that's a bug or my computer being a toaster.
Can you send me the crash msg? If there is one.

If that helps, here's a "jinxed" save. Whatever I choose VS the tengu, the battle auto-ends, with the previously described effects. I met a Tengu harpy afterwards, which resulted in the auto-victory scenario instead. (save properly updated in town, was also updated in 18.3 before, and not the first time meeting/defeating Tengus)
In any case, these glitches are specific to the WP Temple. Updating saves does not help; I'm unsure whether it's something we carried over from the previous version (ie a new game wouldn't glitch?), or something created & repeatable in the current one.
I'll try out your save and see how it goes!
And it could be some odd carry over thing.

If anything to suggest, I'd vote for simple monster descriptions 'alternate lines'. Like, different hair color, bust size, etc. - perhaps linked to some special perk, or skill preferences. Not a big deal, but it would spice up the fights somewhat; there isn't much point farming earlier/easier regions right now.
Well different varients would then set the precident that i'd be adding art with slight alterations for generic enemies. Though it is a thing I could do in theory.

I do plan to add the option to scale enemies up to the players level. Somehow. But that's still a ways off.

Before I forget, +1 for the free use of "push away": a simple but efficient way to deal with the annoying stance spammers. Good compromises!
I've only heard good things on this change so far.

Dunno which version I started playing, but it was back when you only started with 2 levels of a fetish. I was able to simply remove then by donating to the goddess just like you remove all fetishes.
I wanna say that I fixed that. But if you happen across it in a more recent version let me know. with a fresh save as if it let you do it in the save where you could do that, it would most likely carry over.