What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I don't have anything saved currently, but I'll try to recreate and ship it to you. Probably in the next day or two.
Okay! Thank you for your effort. And no need to rush or anything.

If that helps, here's a "jinxed" save. Whatever I choose VS the tengu, the battle auto-ends, with the previously described effects. I met a Tengu harpy afterwards, which resulted in the auto-victory scenario instead. (save properly updated in town, was also updated in 18.3 before, and not the first time meeting/defeating Tengus)
In any case, these glitches are specific to the WP Temple. Updating saves does not help; I'm unsure whether it's something we carried over from the previous version (ie a new game wouldn't glitch?), or something created & repeatable in the current one.
HAHA! FIXED IT! Thank you for the save.
Hopefully I didn't break anything fixing it...

Victory events weren't closing correctly, and they were messing with combat events.
So i'm pretty sure this only happend after you beat a kunoichi or had beaten kyra, or any other enemy with an on loss event. Not the tengu's though. That's actually via combat events.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Double post for the v18.5 bug fix that fixes the aforementioned combat auto end.

zyxxz

Reputation score
I'm really liking all of the character arts added so far except for Vivian. I don't think the artist really understood her character. On the other hand, I think the artwork that came out the best so far is Lillian

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'm really liking all of the character arts added so far except for Vivian. I don't think the artist really understood her character. On the other hand, I think the artwork that came out the best so far is Lillian
It's PlasmidHentai, he's not exactly known for drawing... human forms. I'd say if you wanna commission him for art do it for some wicked succubi.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
v18.5 bug fix that fixes the aforementioned combat auto end.
Looking good! I just did a quick run and encountered a Tengu right off the bat!

Not a big deal at all, but the last line of the last event
- in TenguCombatEvents.json
- right before "DefeatMonster"
remains of screen after victory was processed.
(namely "Must... FUCK!Pass", "No. (Carry on with your adventuring.)" and "Yes." scenes)

It looks like this:
Untitled.jpg

While I'm at it, I marked these before, in case they bypassed the watchful Hatner:

\renpy\adventure\Events\Quests\VisitJora.json
Line 156: "When I asked Piri about it she said that they aren't magical cups, they're apparently just made of some kind of weird material they use in the capitol.",
Line 300: "It's kind of the same reason why I avoid the capitol, it's just too... Noisy.",
-> 'capital'
\renpy\adventure\Events\VictoryEvents\KyrasDefeated.json
Line 305: "Me coming over to the forest has nothing to do with basically no guys getting past the capitol!"
-> 'managing to get to the capital' (getting past here and to the capital!)

\renpy\adventure\Events\TempleEvents\WillSwitch.json
Line 57: "Pull the lever striaght ahead.",
Line 165: "Pull the lever striaght ahead.",
Line 176: "Pull the lever striaght ahead.",
Line 198: "Pull the lever striaght ahead.",
Line 206: "Pull the lever striaght ahead.",
-> straight
(more in there)

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
While I'm at it, I marked these before, in case they bypassed the watchful Hatner:

\renpy\adventure\Events\Quests\VisitJora.json
Line 156: "When I asked Piri about it she said that they aren't magical cups, they're apparently just made of some kind of weird material they use in the capitol.",
Line 300: "It's kind of the same reason why I avoid the capitol, it's just too... Noisy.",
-> 'capital'
\renpy\adventure\Events\VictoryEvents\KyrasDefeated.json
Line 305: "Me coming over to the forest has nothing to do with basically no guys getting past the capitol!"
-> 'managing to get to the capital' (getting past here and to the capital!)

\renpy\adventure\Events\TempleEvents\WillSwitch.json
Line 57: "Pull the lever striaght ahead.",
Line 165: "Pull the lever striaght ahead.",
Line 176: "Pull the lever striaght ahead.",
Line 198: "Pull the lever striaght ahead.",
Line 206: "Pull the lever striaght ahead.",
-> straight
(more in there)
Thanks a bunch, I'll be sure to take care of all of those. And maybe they were talking about the capitol building where all the legislation happens. They might not like politics is all. You can't know that for certain or not!

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Why not? The 'capital' was introduced in the campers' event, but maybe Threshold will color me surprised (and the capitol/parliament/senate buildings still haven't been converted into brothels or sex-fight coliseums by a demon queen so very invested in affairs of state...) :whistle:

Well, the temple events & layout is probably your WIP right now (much work there), but I'll try & keep an eye (& notepad++) open when browsing the "old" events / narratives. Good luck!

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Why not? The 'capital' was introduced in the campers' event, but maybe Threshold will color me surprised (and the capitol/parliament/senate buildings still haven't been converted into brothels or sex-fight coliseums by a demon queen so very invested in affairs of state...) :whistle:

Well, the temple events & layout is probably your WIP right now (much work there), but I'll try & keep an eye (& notepad++) open when browsing the "old" events / narratives. Good luck!
My thanks. I've still got the entirety of the will side to go (minus Kotone's room/hypnosis shenanigans, Aiko's room, and the room just before Aiko including Bed-Chan), Minoni's absolutely revolting cuddling scenes (because what kind of deranged individual would write something so horrifically lewd), the entrance to the dungeon itself, Selena's stuff, and I'll cap everything off with the new skills and items. It may sound like a lot, but trust me when I say that I've already covered way more than that.

GEMPAL00

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I was just trying the ver 1.85 but in chara creation I think there is a bug where the fetish menu has no text. Please see the file attached.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v19 is now live! And hopefully not buggy as hell!

I was just trying the ver 1.85 but in chara creation I think there is a bug where the fetish menu has no text. Please see the file attached.

Only way I know that's fixed this issue for people that have this issue pop up randomly is this.

GEMPAL00

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Only way I know that's fixed this issue for people that have this issue pop up randomly is this.
I see, I hope one day it can be fixed normally. As for now guess the only way to workaround it when invisible is trying blind click

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Since version 18.5 the game runs awfully slow, there were no problems with 18.4 and earlier.
Tried toying with the renpy setting by going shift + g but no go.

someonebored

Reputation score
Game won't even load the main menu on my end now, window remains stuck on a white screen; I'll go back to v18.3 for the time being.

zyxxz

Reputation score
Thanks for the update! The new content looks great!

Also, not sure if this is something that you might consider of changing/rebalancing, but I think it becomes a lot harder to trigger lust rune scenes after the player levels up a few times. So I made a quick modification of the lust rune event.

If the player succumbs to the lust rune, I added an option for you to choose to leave or stay. I think this way it makes it a lot easier to trigger the lust rune hell scene.

Example code below
"Twitching in pleasure from the afterglow of your orgasm, you slowly begin to collect yourself before realizing what just happened.",
"Menu",
"Quickly leave!",
"Stay for more",
"EndMenu"
]
},
{
"NameOfScene": "Quickly leave!",
"theScene":[ "With an embarrassed flush, you quickly left the spot and continue on your way."]
},
{
"NameOfScene": "Stay for more",
"theScene":[ "You couldn't forget the intense orgasm brought on by the rune and decided to stay for more.",
"You became excited as you see the rune starting to glow, leaving you moaning as pleasure surges through you once more and your cock helplessly shoots out another spurt of cum.",

Attachments

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Certainly not buggy as hell, but:
- talking with Shizu about her fetish jumps you to Kotone's (normally locked?) bed scene
"JumpToEvent","MasoExplination" in Kunoichihallway takes you to "NameOfScene": "Event Start." in Kotonesroom

- Onis 3-some too OP... Maybe with 30-50 more levels? But forcing the player to grind at this point is kinda counter-productive - if that even works. It's a pity, because there is a bunch of nifty lines no one will ever see because the fight cannot last long enough. The powered-up (surviving) sis is clearly too strong, and 1HKO you consistently...

- Probably a bug: Climaxing while entranced will make you skip your turn, resulting in a... cum-lock? leading to defeat with no solution whatsoever.

- I think the sisters' names get switched/confused in a few skills. Not 100% sure.

The Onis battle also shows there would be a need/possible gain from supporting various intercourse positions. After all, doggy-style is very different from spooning or missionary (in terms of control and POV). Why the heck would a reasonable hero choose to H powered-up blue Oni from behind?

PS: Shizu, new best waifu :whistle:

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I see, I hope one day it can be fixed normally. As for now guess the only way to workaround it when invisible is trying blind click
Since version 18.5 the game runs awfully slow, there were no problems with 18.4 and earlier.
Tried toying with the renpy setting by going shift + g but no go.
Yeah there's some issues that seem to mostly tie back to renpy that cause display issues. So in some cases it might just end up being waiting for them to fix it.

As for the slow down issues, does it do that on a past save and a new save? In case it's save bloat issues and not a rendering issue.

Game won't even load the main menu on my end now, window remains stuck on a white screen; I'll go back to v18.3 for the time being.
Well that's a new one. Try some of the things in here as they might help fix the issue.
Past that I might need to figure out a way to turn off some of the fancier effects on the menu cause that might be what's causing you the issues.

Thanks for the update! The new content looks great!

Also, not sure if this is something that you might consider of changing/rebalancing, but I think it becomes a lot harder to trigger lust rune scenes after the player levels up a few times. So I made a quick modification of the lust rune event.

If the player succumbs to the lust rune, I added an option for you to choose to leave or stay. I think this way it makes it a lot easier to trigger the lust rune hell scene.

Example code below
"Twitching in pleasure from the afterglow of your orgasm, you slowly begin to collect yourself before realizing what just happened.",
"Menu",
"Quickly leave!",
"Stay for more",
"EndMenu"
]
},
{
"NameOfScene": "Quickly leave!",
"theScene":[ "With an embarrassed flush, you quickly left the spot and continue on your way."]
},
{
"NameOfScene": "Stay for more",
"theScene":[ "You couldn't forget the intense orgasm brought on by the rune and decided to stay for more.",
"You became excited as you see the rune starting to glow, leaving you moaning as pleasure surges through you once more and your cock helplessly shoots out another spurt of cum.",
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to do that...

Certainly not buggy as hell, but:
- talking with Shizu about her fetish jumps you to Kotone's (normally locked?) bed scene
"JumpToEvent","MasoExplination" in Kunoichihallway takes you to "NameOfScene": "Event Start." in Kotonesroom

- Onis 3-some too OP... Maybe with 30-50 more levels? But forcing the player to grind at this point is kinda counter-productive - if that even works. It's a pity, because there is a bunch of nifty lines no one will ever see because the fight cannot last long enough. The powered-up (surviving) sis is clearly too strong, and 1HKO you consistently...

- Probably a bug: Climaxing while entranced will make you skip your turn, resulting in a... cum-lock? leading to defeat with no solution whatsoever.

- I think the sisters' names get switched/confused in a few skills. Not 100% sure.

The Onis battle also shows there would be a need/possible gain from supporting various intercourse positions. After all, doggy-style is very different from spooning or missionary (in terms of control and POV). Why the heck would a reasonable hero choose to H powered-up blue Oni from behind?

PS: Shizu, new best waifu :whistle:
Yeah there's some bugs floating around.

Well if you dont defend when they get the attack boost they will destroy you.
But they might need some tweaks irregardless as it will probably be a hard fight to balance.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The slow down happens regardless if I'm using previous saves or a clean game.

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Kunoichi(the sleep ambush one in the mountain) freezes and crashes the game, I believe with most of her skills. Doesn't even provide a traceback.

someonebored

Reputation score
Well that's a new one. Try some of the things in here as they might help fix the issue.
Past that I might need to figure out a way to turn off some of the fancier effects on the menu cause that might be what's causing you the issues.
Thanks for directing me to that page; forcing Ren'Py to use DirectX fixed the issue for me, the game seems to run a bit slower, but I get to play again and experience the new content, so I don't really mind.

EDIT:
Yep, attempting to fight with the Kunoichi (the one from the "Sleep Ambush" event) freezes and crashes the game, here's the traceback file created after the crash:

Last edited: