What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

shadow1029

Demon Girl
Reputation score
New content is great, and looks well done.

And now for the bugs lol...

When you start a new game, if you leave any sensitivity points unused, they won't be there when you gain a level.

The skills that had modified effects with this patch, like Endure, give an error when mousing over them.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/on_charactermenu.rpy", line 374, in execute
    screen ON_CharacterDisplayScreen:
  File "game/on_charactermenu.rpy", line 379, in execute
    use game_menu(_("Character")):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 548, in execute
    screen game_menu(title, scroll=None):
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 553, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 556, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 562, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 565, in execute
    if scroll == "viewport":
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 593, in execute
    transclude
  File "game/on_charactermenu.rpy", line 380, in execute
    fixed:
  File "game/on_charactermenu.rpy", line 612, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/on_charactermenu.rpy", line 618, in execute
    text characterMenuTooltip
NameError: Name 'buff' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3059, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3059, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 553, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 556, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 562, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 565, in execute
    if scroll == "viewport":
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 593, in execute
    transclude
  File "game/on_charactermenu.rpy", line 380, in execute
    fixed:
  File "game/on_charactermenu.rpy", line 612, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/on_charactermenu.rpy", line 618, in execute
    text characterMenuTooltip
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1423, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1542, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 244, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "F:\Partition 1\Games\BF games\BF Set EX\Monster Girl Dreams\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v19.6-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 203, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'buff' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Monster Girl Dreams Alpha-v19.6
Thu Feb 07 23:08:39 2019

In terms of the new skills, Pussy Worship and Demon Layer work fine. Tantric Thrust and Moxie also crash the game with an error.

The Manticore's loss scene after she loses her weakness to Sex freezes the game.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v19.6a bug fix update is now out, looking at certain skills wont make the game kersplode.

Syrath

Reputation score
Bug report, being caught by Shizu while sleeping in the Ninja ambush event causes you to automatically lose the fight when you choose to fight back.

shadow1029

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm not sure how the Manticore romance should proceed at this point, losing, talking, feeding, and winning aren't changing anything after 10 attempts.

Other than that, another bug; Losing to Manticore while in Sex stance, after she loses her weakness to sex, freezes the game,

skite0

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
i also dont know what to do to get her name, tried winning, losing, ignoring her(moving on) to see if she'd feel something, spaming chat options, spamming random talk, spaming and feeding...

someonebored

Reputation score
i also dont know what to do to get her name, tried winning, losing, ignoring her(moving on) to see if she'd feel something, spaming chat options, spamming random talk, spaming and feeding...
I'm not sure how the Manticore romance should proceed at this point, losing, talking, feeding, and winning aren't changing anything after 10 attempts.
Folks, I can help with that. In order to get the "new" Manticore content, you must work quite a bit at the glory holes (Town->Inn->Work for Vivian->etcetera), the Manticore must show up while you work there... Eventually, when you explore the Mountain and get her event... Things will play out a bit differently.

Also, about the "Ninja rest ambush" event bug mentioned just above: if you pick "Continue onward", instead of "Rest/Resist!", you may fight normally with Shizu, but the first message shown is something along the lines of: GiveSexSkill (I'm not at home right now, I don't remember the exact message, sorry... It seems the game is automatically trying to trigger an event when the battle starts).

EDIT:
Found a small error in the Manticore's new content: after going through mate bonding with her, picking "Sex.->Something Else." returns "Event Machine BROKE!!!! This will only appear if a scene jump is typoed!"

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v19.7 update is now out with more manticore content, bug fixed and art for both Trisha and Jora.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
OP not up to standard requires gameplay description, PM myself, Darkfire or Jesus with an updated OP, or when you have updated the OP. Also gonna need you to pick between VN/Text and RPG tags, only in very rare cases are multiple genre tags merited.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
OP not up to standard requires gameplay description, PM myself, Darkfire or Jesus with an updated OP, or when you have updated the OP. Also gonna need you to pick between VN/Text and RPG tags, only in very rare cases are multiple genre tags merited.
It feels like both a VN and an RPG to me.

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Kaia will now attempt to kidnap you about 33% of the time you encounter her on the mountain, you can also ask to be kidnapped.
Who's Kaia?
I cannot find her.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
OP has been updated, thread moved back and reopened.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Oh my, busy night last night. Rectified.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@Threshold I made this for fun:
in case you want to spice up your OP. I'd have PM'ed it but I couldn't link it :/ I'll delete it ASAP if it's an issue sharing it here, just lemme know.

And <squeaaal> many thanks for the Trisha art! Trisha best girl!

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Whoever does the art for Trisha and Lizard Girl and all that is very nice. Big fan of what they've drawn up.

What's the current direction like as regards to story progression? Has there been word of a new place to explore, or Is it more of a focus to "finish up" the Forest, Town, and Mountain areas with new stories and art for the characters? Because that seems like a pretty good way to go.

I hope we can visit her enough where she becomes a higher-tiered version of what she is.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@Threshold I made this for fun: in case you want to spice up your OP. I'd have PM'ed it but I couldn't link it :/ I'll delete it ASAP if it's an issue sharing it here, just lemme know.

I used to use a similar banner to that (you may already know that tho), but far less full of characters and, well hey, you found a use for that horrible background i made hiding in the files.
I won't be swapping out the banner im currently using but im going to hold onto this in case I ever need an art collage for an example or something. Is good effort.

Whoever does the art for Trisha and Lizard Girl and all that is very nice. Big fan of what they've drawn up.

What's the current direction like as regards to story progression? Has there been word of a new place to explore, or Is it more of a focus to "finish up" the Forest, Town, and Mountain areas with new stories and art for the characters? Because that seems like a pretty good way to go.

I hope we can visit her enough where she becomes a higher-tiered version of what she is.
Applehead is the artist, there's a link to their stuff in the game credits and on the patreon page.

Next update is Feng content, prolly a bug fix update, then update the forest dungeon. (Sofia needs an update)

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
When and who will be doing the art for Kotone?

zyxxz

Reputation score
Applehead does the best artworks out of all of the artists by far. Now if only we can have Vivian's artwork replaced with one of applehead's

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Applehead does the best artworks out of all of the artists by far. Now if only we can have Vivian's artwork replaced with one of applehead's
Ok, but I'll do you one better: replace all other art with Vivian's!

or imps