What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Double posting to inform people of a slightly important v19.8a bugfix update that fixes some issues with Feng being able to instantly defeat you.
Edit: v19.8b bug fix update is now also out.

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Any ETA on the next explorable area?
Current plan is to go over the Forest Dungeon's content before moving on to the Caverns, which is the next location.
So not 100% sure on that.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Current plan is to go over the Forest Dungeon's content before moving on to the Caverns, which is the next location.
So not 100% sure on that.

That's a hard "welp!" for me, then. I feel like you could add more content like a new area and enemies before expanding the current content. Most of us know it's not a finished project (yet), so the expectation is likely more on surface-level stuff before diving deeper. Plus, I've seen you adding a ton of waifu/non-combat fun and, while I'm not opposed and definitely not complaining, I feel like it's taking too much focus away from the rest of the project.

That's just me, though. I'll probs check back in about 6-14 months when I'm sure there is something new in terms of content rather than an expansion of existing stuff.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
idk man I think the Forest Dungeon definitely needs a quick once-over because I'm not sure I should be farming Sofia like this.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
That's a hard "welp!" for me, then. I feel like you could add more content like a new area and enemies before expanding the current content. Most of us know it's not a finished project (yet), so the expectation is likely more on surface-level stuff before diving deeper. Plus, I've seen you adding a ton of waifu/non-combat fun and, while I'm not opposed and definitely not complaining, I feel like it's taking too much focus away from the rest of the project.

That's just me, though. I'll probs check back in about 6-14 months when I'm sure there is something new in terms of content rather than an expansion of existing stuff.
Well, I understand the welp! point. So many patreon projects out there are either:
a) let's just fix 1-2 bugs, breaking 2-3 things in the process. Repeat ad nauseam
b) let's look like we're making new content. The engine's already broken beyond hope anyway. Repeat ad nauseam
...and there are a few serious projects which do move forward, more or less rapidly.

MGD saw it's very first huge dungeon with the temple - new concepts and mechanics, altering previous content as well. For all I see, now's the best time too look what's been done, ponder, and tackle the rest head-on. So far I'd be mostly optimistic.
"6-14 months" is a rather good estimate, since we'll get to see how the next area (the caves?) is planned. In any case, we'll have a somewhat solid, bug-free version to delve into in the meanwhile, which is quite considerate.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Ancilla pays you well for harassing her master when you take up that request.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
There are a few spots in the game that allow easy xp grinds.
The Shortcut to Nara after ascending the Mountain once being one of my favorites. As well as farming money and exp from Sofia with crit boost and Demon Layer as soon as you're good enough to just run away from all the weak encounters leading up to her.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

idk man I think the Forest Dungeon definitely needs a quick once-over because I'm not sure I should be farming Sofia like this.
Well, I understand the welp! point. So many patreon projects out there are either:
a) let's just fix 1-2 bugs, breaking 2-3 things in the process. Repeat ad nauseam
b) let's look like we're making new content. The engine's already broken beyond hope anyway. Repeat ad nauseam
...and there are a few serious projects which do move forward, more or less rapidly.

MGD saw it's very first huge dungeon with the temple - new concepts and mechanics, altering previous content as well. For all I see, now's the best time too look what's been done, ponder, and tackle the rest head-on. So far I'd be mostly optimistic.
"6-14 months" is a rather good estimate, since we'll get to see how the next area (the caves?) is planned. In any case, we'll have a somewhat solid, bug-free version to delve into in the meanwhile, which is quite considerate.
The temple location and associated character updates have definitely taken far longer than I planned on.
Overall the scope for the location was larger than it should have been and all things considered Minoni, Aiko, and Feng should not have come into existence but they're there now and it's too late to just remove content I've already made.

If I hadn't done a poll for Kaia's name time ago, I probably would have not done her update till some time way further on, but I did and wanted to get that done.

And the main reason for wanting to go over pre-existing enemies is due to combat events just flat out not existing when I made those characters. Sofia being one who needs them the most.
Ancilla and Mika need like, one combat event each? and will be easy to implement on that end of things when I get to it.

I'm honestly just very happy to be done with the Temple location for the time being and be moving elsewhere, and hopefully less bogged down in waifus.

Shivan Hunter

Lurker
Reputation score
I mentioned the infinite-dream-sex bug on the patreon comments but a couple more things: "nevermind" when choosing a fight will skip to the defeat scene, and sometimes the white-out effect on the screen border will still be active when you return to the dungeon after being defeated (the "nevermind" thing will actually do that too but other scenes cause it as well, I think).

Love the update overall! I for one like the focus on expanding the existing content rather than adding new environments with a bunch of one-scene waifus - quality over quantity is the best approach.

someonebored

Reputation score
Loving the second Sofia's fight, but there's another small bug: game crashes shortly after she tempts the player into looking at a part of her body and he/she picks "Feet", game completely closes on my end, at least.
Also, that plutonic could actually pass for a Battlefield Bad Company reference.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v20.1 update is now out for bug fixing and to add conversations with Sofia.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Double post for v20.2 bringing Ancilla content, minotaur art, combat balancing, QoL changes, and more.

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Tonight I will be counting sheep. Let me see if Ancilla's pissed face gets used.