What's new

ACT [Toffi]Fallen Angel Marielle

OP
Toffi

Toffi

Lurker
Reputation score
Took the suggestion from Jemand69 and changed the name a bit to make it less generic.
Also made a logo to go with it.

Now that the groundwork has been laid, I'll continue to make some more H-Animations. Probably next week I'll upload a new version.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Looking good, Toffi, the new name should help make it less ambiguously named

OP
Toffi

Toffi

Lurker
Reputation score
Password only for Patreon users?
Yes, the demos are a service for those who donate.

The game as such will be free and available at the same time for everyone (just like in the past).

jemand69

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Since I like to stay in my comfort zone, I'll go ahead and comment on the progression system here instead of your wordpress:

- Your previous games all featured H content as part of the gameplay, which was the main reason I played all of them (not a big fan of GOR and the likes). I think you raise a valid point when saying that regular progression systems will make certain scenes obsolete once you "outlevel" the content. However, having a roguelike with progression outside of the individual runs does the exact same thing over time. The first few levels of the run eventually become obsolete and the chance to get to see the scenes decreases. Only a true reoguelike with the only progression being during a run would make sure that all enemies stay relevant, though i feel like you dont aim for that at all.

- Another way of solving the obsolete content problem is to hold back on armor and health upgrades and additionally increase the terrain difficulty. So once the player gains double jump, stronger attacks, freeze ray or any upgrade, the enemies get placed in harder to reach areas. That way the player feels like he has gotten stronger, but at the same time, the old enemies stay relevant because their positioning got better. This however does not work too well with backtracking.

- Yet another option is to include a system to weaken the player during transitions through areas with weak enemies. One example would be that later in the game, when the player has to backtrack trough level 1 enemies he would normally decimate, the heroine gets hit by plot device X which stuns her every 3 seconds or reduces her attack to 1. Something that makes sure the player still gets the feeling that the character progressed, but simply is weakened for this part of the game.

Finally, you could always add an attacker scene for marielle to make sure that the player at least sees something every now and again, even if the player absolutely decimates the game. This would also help players that have the compulsive need to 100% no hit the game to get to see some scenes.

ElPresidente

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah, well, at that time I did have a solid plan. But a lot has changed since then (changing engines, other games with similar content were released, my mindset towards game-making changed), and for now I want to concentrate on the Futa stuff. It's something I have enjoyed making the most over the last few years and the thing I enjoy doing the most at the moment.

So while I won't rule out any pure yuri game at the moment, please don't wait for it.
I love futa on female.
As long as there is futa and there's normal females, I'm golden.

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You could make older demos free after a while.
He explained on his blog why he doesn't.
If people are playing different versions of the game, bugfixing is going to get more problematic since he won't know if the person is playing one of the older versions or the up to date one.

It's only 1$ a month to get access to the demos. And the game will be free after completion. Just be patient or gather up some change.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
actually looks really nice, glad to see you are tryng to do a platformer instead of another figthing one.

piepiepie

Cthulhu
Reputation score
New demo is out on Patreon
Info on the new Demo :
This demo now includes, in addition to the stuff from earlier updates:
  • a short Intro-stage showing you the available controls,
  • an automatic save/load function,
  • the Basement-level, which will serve as the main hub for the game,
  • 1 NPC with dialogue,
  • there are now 12 different Castle-levels, 4 of which can be played in random order (which will be the amount before the first Boss battle)
  • 1 Cave-level, including 4 new enemies: the Giant, the Dwarf, the Lamia and the Cavegirl with 9 new Sex Animations

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
Have you guys seen the Lamia? Now that is creative and is gonna look painful for the main character.....

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
I was happy to see there was a new game by toffi and I was impatient to test it...

And then everything falls apart realizing I have to pay not to download but to have a password... I can't pay a patreon right now (and not in a long time sadly) and this method remind the good old start of internet when people used the same technic. "You have what you wanted on your PC, now pay to enjoy it." It's a bit of a downer to me.

Well, I hope you will release a public update sometime, I will keep an eye on your work because I really like what you do and I follow you since Princess of the Ring.

See ya.

Daclusia

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The game will go public when it's finished. Right now it's only an alpha, thus the fact its only for patreon supporters.

Edit for bellow : what

Last edited:
OP
Toffi

Toffi

Lurker
Reputation score
And then everything falls apart realizing I have to pay not to download but to have a password... I can't pay a patreon right now (and not in a long time sadly) and this method remind the good old start of internet when people used the same technic. "You have what you wanted on your PC, now pay to enjoy it." It's a bit of a downer to me.
Maybe I'm opening a can of worms here, but maybe I can also clear up some misunderstandings.
The topic of Patreon and the 1$ donations came up a few times on my blog as well, so I'll probably make an faq about that in the future. It seems like every time money is involved somehow, people get crazy (especially on the internet, where everybody is used to getting everything for free).

Patreon changed their terms of services last year, so content involving sexual violence isn't allowed on their platform anymore; even links to site containing that content isn't allowed. While I think their target for this aren't game developers like me, in a certain way my games fall in that category, as well. In order not to violate any tos, I decided to not post the actual images and files on Patreon, but just the password. Usually, you wouldn't even see the link, but alas, at the moment there is no other way.
Also: "You have what you wanted on your PC, now pay to enjoy it." is a very malicious way to interpret this. I'm not robbing anything from you, nor do I deny you access to something "you have". You don't have it, you're window shopping.

And while this isn't what you posted, some people also seem to be dissatisfied with the fact I'm offering demos in exchange for donations, because I did everything for free in the past. And even if (a big if) doing something for free in the past meant I would have to offer everything for free forever, you'd have no reason to complain. Because I'm still doing that. The demos I'm offering to my Patrons are a thankyou and an additional service I'm doing. When the game is finished, it will be uploaded freely available to everyone, just like it has always been the case with all my other games. You're not missing out on anything if you don't donate; you get the same experience and content you've always gotten.

Hopefully that cleared up a few doubts.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
"You have what you wanted on your PC, now pay to enjoy it." is a very malicious way to interpret this. I'm not robbing anything from you, nor do I deny you access to something "you have". You don't have it, you're window shopping.
I just got here, so I'm not sure how you distribute your game, but I took this in a very literal manner.

As in, he literally has your game sitting on his hard-drive, but can't access it without a password.
Honestly, I can see that being more frustrating than simply having the download itself being behind a password, because you already went through all the effort of actually downloading the file only to be cockblocked after having already technically obtained the thing you were trying to get.

To use mangle your window shopping analogy, you saw something you wanted in the window, the cashier boxed it and gave it to you. (for free, even!)
Except the box is locked, and you need to pay for the key.
It frustrates something primal way back in the caveman part of the brain/

You're free to take your locked box and just go though. You can't do anything with it, but you can put it in your car and drive home. Maybe stick it in the attic along with the rest of the junk that you'll never get around to throwing out.
If you want to actually open the box and 'get' the thing that's already sitting in your hands, then you've gotta pay the dude.

If it was the other way around, where the patreon password is something you typed into a download site in order to be able to actually begin the download (rather than something you put in after the download is complete) then people wouldn't compla- No, I can't even finish that sentence.
People would still complain anyway, because complaining is the natural state of humanity, but they'd have less to actually complain about. Or at least less complaints of substance.

That said, i totally understand you wanting to abide by the Terms of Service. It's easy for me to say 'lots of H-games get away with it, so you'll probably be fine' but it's not my arse on the line here, is it?

Last edited:
OP
Toffi

Toffi

Lurker
Reputation score
To use mangle your window shopping analogy, you saw something you wanted in the window, the cashier boxed it and gave it to you. (for free, even!)
Nah, more like there's an unattended giant heap of boxes with a sign that says "Please pay at the cashier" and people just take the boxes and wonder why it doesn't work like that.

But... maybe I'm taking my imagination too far here, lol. I think people got what I was trying to convey.

alan0n

Reputation score
This whole thing is somewhat ridiculous. Its a dollar for access to an alpha test version... of a game Toffi has already said will be free upon completion.

Its. a. dollar. Dont have a dollar? Just wait for it to be finished.

But honestly if a single dollar is going to push you into fiscal calamity, you should probably be spending less attention to this thread and more on your actual life my friends.

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
Patreon changed their terms of services last year, so content involving sexual violence isn't allowed on their platform anymore; even links to site containing that content isn't allowed. While I think their target for this aren't game developers like me, in a certain way my games fall in that category, as well. In order not to violate any tos, I decided to not post the actual images and files on Patreon, but just the password. Usually, you wouldn't even see the link, but alas, at the moment there is no other way.
Hooo, I did not know. Well I understand better why you do this way. Don't get me wrong it never was a criticism, just a misunderstanding of the situation. I'm a patient guy so I can wait (Yeah, I'm still waiting after Aylia's story...). No worry.

This whole thing is somewhat ridiculous. Its a dollar for access to an alpha test version... of a game Toffi has already said will be free upon completion.

Its. a. dollar. Dont have a dollar? Just wait for it to be finished.

But honestly if a single dollar is going to push you into fiscal calamity, you should probably be spending less attention to this thread and more on your actual life my friends.
When you're a disabled guy who can't find any work, you keep every single dollar ;) (or in my case Euro).

piepiepie

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Ok let's just drop this argument please. The thread is getting off track.

Manuel de Mush

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Does anyone know how to edit saves, or at least has a save that's past the newest boss? I just wanna see the new enemies in the cave area, and the new boss is just too frustrating for my liking. The animations are great, though.