What's new

Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

Re: Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

Tomorrow pathfinder releases the chronomancer wizard for pathfinder. Well. Later today. That this came out in the same week deeply amuses me.

I can see an adventuring group thats all time-themed, have a time-thief, a cronomancer.. Uhmm.. I dunno.. I still wanna play a halfling-Titan mauler.

So a small character who wields medium sized weapons?

So a small character who wields medium sized weapons?

Nah, small character that switches up weapons as the going gets tough.

Had the original idea in 3.5, Stone blessed halfling with goliath mountain rage= When you rage, you grow from small to large size, try to talk your DM into becoming halfling of doom by taking War Hulk, but only when raging. 'Don't anger the little one'

Try Goliath Druid then, it might be more what you're going for.

No, not the race, the class.

At level 6 can start turning into giants and goes up from there. Just say giant halfling and such. Cus titan Mauler has to wait til 14 to become large on it's own. During which point the goliath Druid is already Huge sized.

I use it to be the worlds biggest gnoll with one char heh.

oooh neat, never seen that, propably because I challenge myself to stay below tier 2 at all times.

New idea: use this to become the biggest of all times.

Weeell Whats up Mindflayer, DaBomb, things dun seem to move along too fast. I get that everyone is busy a day or two buuuut..

Alrighty, I beith here. Time to post updoots.

7I6p0fj.gif

Wait I thought Lena had to make either a Strength or Dexterity check specifically to break the grapple? You did say this in the thread a couple of pages back after all, when she was grappled. Or was what you said below to keep from getting grappled in the first place? Cos Lena has 26 CMD, and I was assuming the Dex or Str rolls were for all of it. Had I known, I'd have used her CMD the entire time, and probably would have already broken free. Shows how much I know about Pathfinder grapples, which is next to nothing. XD

(Lenas turn. You have to roll either Dex or Str, or obey the downside of the grappled condition. The witch is 20-25 ft away from you, depending on where you stand.)

I clarified the same in my post, I didn't want to bother you with the entirty of the math but yes, its CMD based, I asked for the str check to simplify and yes, you would have broken free, but you specified another action soooo..

Ah, gotcha. Well then I shall put my Orokos CMB roll into my next post, cos at this rate, I'm feeling that Lena will kind of... you know, be a little dead before the others can save her. :p

Oh dun worry, she wont die, just.. orgasm and be out of comission with potential tentacle side effects, ask your local Alienist if you see any of these symptoms.

AU where Ventus is the demon and Xirce is the undead... What changes?

AU where Ventus is the demon and Xirce is the undead... What changes?

The question doesn't really make sense, to me, as the characters personalities and natures are linked. This campaign is designed to work with several alternate doms from the auction intro, for that, each need a strong own identity and personality. Ventus is the way she is, cold, but disciplined, because of her undeath. Xirce, the half-succubus calling herself an Arch-succubus too has a tragic backstory that may or may not be explored. But you wouldn't just have a gloomy, srs Demon-Ventus or a Partytime undead, not that I can't write that, I just want to give this campaign an apropriate srsness that prevents me doing such.

It's like asking you 'what if Lior was Lena!'

Either way, poke to DaBomb, will wait till the weekend for a response from you, but not further. The fight deserves conclusion. :p

Shit, everyone responded already? Sorry, i'll start rolling.

Last edited:

Already? My post was still a week ago, thats not fast in my book.

I dun wanna pressure anyone, we all got our rl schedules to keep up with but to me a four people scene is fast in under 3 days, in under a week its going ok, anything more, I start wondering if I'm doing everything right for it to take this long.

p.s. unrelatedly, the spell the Witch uses is an adapted, aka less icky Wave of Blood spell, aka the 'this time of the month attack', Grade 3, really nice if you are aiming for repositioning crowd control, which obviously is the witches fighting style against a group, in conjunction with trying to hammer down the toughest looking one with more directly targeted damaging spells.

Last edited:
Back