What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

Ah, that could work actually.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Sure, this is detrimental to Bart and myself but I'd rather us all be on an equal footing at the start than just pissing all over everyone.
Screw that, if I can't condense items anymore then I should at least be allowed all the shit I've already accumulated.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Okay, TENTACLE (The Existence Network Tower And Center for Local Enterprises) is now open. There are teleporters to the old world (The one with the cliff town) and the very old world (The one with all the shops). If you experience any problems, please tell me. Also, I expect that the load on the server will be greater with the multiple worlds... but I don't know for sure. If you experience laggyness, that just means I'll have to give the server more frequent shutdowns.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Before I forget; those that are unfamiliar with Tekkit, or just don't understand how it works, will find this helpful. Each video is about 12-17 minutes long, and covers the majority of the content found in Tekkit. A previous version is being used for it, but one of the mods that has been taken out of the current version isn't covered, and is only shown briefly by another person using it.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

ANOTHER world reset? Is that really necessary? We've rebooted how many times now? I've said before that I prefer traditional minecraft to tekkit, and I'll say it again.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Okay, so I want to run a survival game on Sunday, same style that I did before but not on the same map. I'll need at least eight people before I do decide to run it, and it'll be four teams of two players, though each time can have a maximum of three people. There'll be fifteen minutes of preparation before the gates are opened and everyone gets down to kicking ass. If anyone's interested post in here and when Sunday comes round I'll give out the IP for the server.

Also, any word on the forum server getting Tekkit?

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Are there any other objections to switch the server to Tekkit? If not, I'll switch it over on Sunday, so people have time to do what they want on the vanilla server. If there's even one more person who doesn't want Tekkit, I'm going to put the decision to a proper vote.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

Just one thing, even if we put Tekkit on the server, won't everyone still be able to visit the old worlds? If so I don't see how those who want vanilla can't simply hang around there while the Tekkit people get a new world with all associated ores and resources. Also, what became of that idea of splitting inventories between the worlds?

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I still haven't looked into that, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it as an option in Multiverse, the plugin for multiple worlds. And yes, the old, vanilla worlds will still be around. You will be able to use the Tekkit stuff in them, and any new chunks loaded will be loaded with Tekkit's things added in, but already explored places won't have stuff like oil, copper or tin. And I'll set up a portal station back to the current world as soon as the server comes back up.

The above all assume that we will switch to Tekkit, by the way. Just so that people know it's not set in stone, either way, yet.

Edit: Also, a quick thing that people probably have already noticed. Waypoints that were previously set up in the older worlds won't work anymore. The file holding their information couldn't be brought over. New ones should work fine though. Supposedly you can even set up waypoints between worlds, but I haven't tested this yet.

Last edited:

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

If you're referring to runecraft waypoints, I have, and the lousy thing just whines that 'It's too faaar!'. /home, /back and /spawn do work between worlds, however.

Oh and I'm interested in the survival game, of course.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Count me in for the survival game.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I think there should be a proper vote on switching to Tekkit to begin with.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Alright, that's official then. It's a vote. Because I don't know how to add a poll to an existing thread (or if it's even possible), we'll do it this way:

Each person who wants to cast a vote PMs me with their choice. I need a clear yes or no for the vote to be counted. If you're on the fence, make up your mind before voting. Each person gets one vote, but you can change your vote until they are tallied. I'll tally them up on Sunday and the last vote cast by each person will be counted. In the case of a tie... Uhm... I don't know, I'll think of that should it happen. Otherwise, a simple majority for either will decide it.

I'll post the results of the votes once they're tallied up, as well as the voter's names, if they indicate in their PM that they'd like to be known they voted in a particular way. Otherwise, it's private ballot.

No matter what, if Tekkit is added, Equivalent Exchange will not be active on the server.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Double post but... whatever.

Tekkit's received an update. It hasn't been set to the recommended build yet, but 3.1.1 seems to be mostly stable (as stable as a mod pack can be anyway).

Nuclear engineers will be very happy with some of the new additions, including a display board to easily show you the status of your reactor, or multiple reactors.

Also, there's forcefields now. They're a bit tricky to work with, but once you get them, they're pretty cool. There's even a set of forcefields that are designed to work on reactors, including automatic cooling (from supplied resources). My one issue with the forcefields is that there doesn't seem to be a way to disable only a part of a field, so you can't make doors. To leave your forcefield, you have to turn the entire thing off, which can be dangerous if your forcefield is keeping lava away. Still, pretty neat. I've already come up with several ways to make traps out of these...

Balkon's is back in as well. Forcefields will stop musket/blunderbuss shot.

One unfortunate change, is that they removed Crafting Table IIIs, the ones that show you what you can craft with your inventory. It's simple enough to put back in though. Just, before you update your Tekkit, go into your AppData/Roaming/.techniclauncher/tekkit/mods folder and copy out the Crafting Table III zip. Then, after updating, put it back in. Works fine.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

According to the IC wiki there's a device that allows you to open up a section of the forcefield.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I think that's for the Field Generator, a planned machine that makes forcefields. The forcefield mod that's in Tekkit is made by someone else, so it technically isn't part of IC2, though it uses IC2 power and materials to make. Kind of like the reactor monitoring things (like the howler alarm).

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh right. Guess I'll have to play around with them then.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, in relation to the survival game, Oni, about what time in which timezone will it probably take place? I've remembered that I'm busy a good deal of my Saturday, but that's ten hours ahead of most others' Saturdays. I may still be able to play if it starts late enough.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I said Sunday as I'm busy on the Saturday, so you don't have to worry about that. And I'm not sure what time Sunday it'll be because I don't have work for the next two weeks so I'll probably be sleeping in. Though it should be around the afternoon my time.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Welp, guess no sence hurrying up with the whole 'To Tekkit or Not To Tekkit' part, as it seems 1.3 is quite literally tomorrow for the pre release, so if anything it's getting super close to proper release -3-;