What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うんこモリモリ丸] 退魔巫女遊戯 / Taima Miko Yuugi (RJ176344)

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: 退魔巫女遊戯 試作体験版

Speaking of human battles, how the hell to you beat the final boss? Her last hit cannot be dodged, and she always attacks before you. It's instant kill on hp and mp.

lblargh

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Speaking of human battles, how the hell to you beat the final boss? Her last hit cannot be dodged, and she always attacks before you. It's instant kill on hp and mp.
Final part is scripted. Once she has her ultimate attack, you will automatically be given the TP to use your ultimate attack. Because you automatically go second once you use it, you will recover back to full HP/MP.

You will keep trading like that until the next part of the battle arrives.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Final part is scripted. Once she has her ultimate attack, you will automatically be given the TP to use your ultimate attack. Because you automatically go second once you use it, you will recover back to full HP/MP.

You will keep trading like that until the next part of the battle arrives.
WTF? I tried that. Didn't happen. She just KOs me, and that's the end of it... OMG BUG?!

srankstrum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If you have a machine translator/can actually read Japanese, the little conversations you get in boss battles will spell out how you're supposed to beat them (at least for the first 10 bosses, haven't beaten the game yet). The plant one has the mission control hint towards how you're meant to find the real one (the TP meter) for a few turns until she flat-out says what to look for. She'll also congratulate you if you manage to poison/burn the real one since that's another way to find the real boss.

The mission control also tells you to look at the TP meter for the thousand mask boss, but also hints that there's another way to tell which one is the real boss for a few turns. Afterwards, she says that your cursor will stay on the actual boss even after they switch positions, then says that it's most definitely not a glitch or technical limitation but a secret technique.

For me, I AOE them down a few turns, then defend 1 turn (they spend all their TP, usually). I take mana potion next turn, then repeat. It worked really well.

Yeah, the human enemy battles were pretty boring - mainly due to the lack of hentai once it started.
That was the case in this circle's first game too (before an update added in 1 H-scene for each of the 2 brothers' solo fights if you lost). The only human enemies in the game didn't have any H before then, and after a certain point the game has a point of no return that warns you that there is no more hentai for the rest of the game and the plot gets serious (again, an update added a scene for losing to the final boss).

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's likely not going to mean much to most of you, but I noticed that the creator's updated the game with bug fixes twice now and that version 1.04 was just released today. You can find it below. As I said, though, it's just bug fixes - no new content or anything of that nature.

Edit: follow this to get to the newest version.

Last edited:

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, I just finished this game, and I can say that the developer's confidence does have some ground at least; story is one of the game's stronger points, if not the strongest. Not understanding the story flow would take much of the enjoyment out. Also, the ending gave me feels. I'm such a softie.

That said, as many have stated before, later storyline fights are heavy on scripted sequences and most bosses have gimmicks that's gradually explained in the mid-battle comm sequences. People who dislike scripted battles and gimmicky bosses (double if they neither know Japanese nor hook up a decent machine translator) should probably stay away.

Though I'm up to compile a few things about bosses and such, if necessary.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, I just finished this game, and I can say that the developer's confidence does have some ground at least; story is one of the game's stronger points, if not the strongest. Not understanding the story flow would take much of the enjoyment out. Also, the ending gave me feels. I'm such a softie.

That said, as many have stated before, later storyline fights are heavy on scripted sequences and most bosses have gimmicks that's gradually explained in the mid-battle comm sequences. People who dislike scripted battles and gimmicky bosses (double if they neither know Japanese nor hook up a decent machine translator) should probably stay away.

Though I'm up to compile a few things about bosses and such, if necessary.
I'm assuming you can read Japanese, then? Do you mind sharing a quick synopsis of what's going on in the game?

All that I really managed to piece together from playing with a machine translator is that the main character's father died at some point, after which she ran away from her village and left her family and friends behind. It looked like her old village eventually fell into ruin and her old companions are now summoning a demon to try to bring it back - that much seems like standard story fare, honestly. I'm not even sure if that's completely correct, however, and I'm also curious as to whether the girl she's with now is actually her sister or just a girl she met after leaving her old home, seeing as how she doesn't appear at all in the flashbacks.
I liked all of the earlier non-human battles, especially since the gimmicks were interesting and also weren't difficult to figure out even without a working knowledge of Japanese. I started to get annoyed, however, when the scripted battles started appearing and they basically boiled down to "get your butt kicked but somehow keep managing to revive yourself and spam your finishers at each other until the other person gives up."

Last edited:

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm assuming you can read Japanese, then? Do you mind sharing a quick synopsis of what's going on in the game?

All that I really managed to piece together from playing with a machine translator is that the main character's father died at some point, after which she ran away from her village and left her family and friends behind. It looked like her old village eventually fell into ruin and her old companions are now summoning a demon to try to bring it back - that much seems like standard story fare, honestly. I'm not even sure if that's completely correct, however, and I'm also curious as to whether the girl she's with now is actually her sister or just a girl she met after leaving her old home, seeing as how she doesn't appear at all in the flashbacks.
I liked all of the earlier non-human battles, especially since the gimmicks were interesting and also weren't difficult to figure out even without a working knowledge of Japanese. I started to get annoyed, however, when the scripted battles started appearing and they basically boiled down to "get your butt kicked but somehow keep managing to revive yourself and spam your finishers at each other until the other person gives up."
Actually I only have extremely rudimentary knowledge of Japanese, most of the time I just google-fu'd my way through with a machine translator.

As for the storyline synopsis, well. I have no idea how to write a synopsis, so HEAVY SPOILERS AHEAD.

Continuing on from what you wrote, Setsuna (the main character) is, more specifically, the older of the two daughters of the village head of a village of demon slayers/Taimashi (probably not the most correct term, but I'll be referring to them as "demon slayers"). And she was a brat too as flashbacks showed, always taking the "Demon Slayer of Justice" role while her little sister gets pigeonholed into the "Bad Demon" role. All she said as a consolation attempt was that one day, without fail, her little sister would take the "Demon Slayer of Justice" role.

When her father died the responsibility of village head naturally falls to her, something she's clearly incompetent at, and worse still the demons the villagers fight for a living have recently all gone extinct (those who know the story of Taima Miko Monogatari, the dev's previous work, will know why) leaving them basically jobless and inevitably doomed to ruin.

Setsuna couldn't handle the pressure and ran away from home, leaving everyone behind. Eventually in her wanderings she stumbled over Mayuko (the mission control with a greedy streak) who was grieving over her parents' death due to the strangely-newly-revived demons around her town, and basically became an adopted older sister/family surrogate to her, which is around where the game's story starts. To answer your question, Mayuko is the latter.

Skipping ahead, Setsuna's old family and friends are, specifically, attempting to create a new "Demon Lord", an entity who has the power to continuously revive demons throughout the country, to revitalize their village of demon slayers. To do so, however, requires a "mother" or vessel-body to give birth to the Demon Lord, something Setsuna's actual blood-sister Nayuta has taken upon herself - likely part of the reason of her changed appearance.

Of course our main character is having none of that, not only because reviving demons everywhere is contrary to the demon slayers' supposed mission of "protecting people from demons", it's her own sister doing it.

Unfortunately, as she learned from her former friends, the only way to stop the Demon Lord's revival by this point is to kill the vessel before its birth is complete (not that it matters much; the vessel is doomed either way regardless of whether the Demon Lord is born or not). In the end, though, that didn't stop her, leading to the final battle as a clash of will between two sisters.

And at the very end, after the two sisters said their final goodbyes, and the fetal Demon Lord appeared, Setsuna decides to finally make good of her promise to her sister from years ago.

To be honest I actually managed to enjoy the scripted fights, mostly thanks to managing to immerse myself into the story as if it was an anime or something. But that's me, and I'm sure others are different.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for clearing things up a bit, but I do have one other question about a scene at the ending, if you can explain it.

It's obvious that Setsuna appeared to die at the end, but then there's a scene where Mayuko is walking through town and there are two young children running around that look just like Setsuna and her sister. Of course, Setsuna (unsurprisingly) shows back up at the very end, which I assumed was just due to the fact that she didn't actually die during the final fight, but those two children's appearance confuses me.

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Thanks for clearing things up a bit, but I do have one other question about a scene at the ending, if you can explain it.

It's obvious that Setsuna appeared to die at the end, but then there's a scene where Mayuko is walking through town and there are two young children running around that look just like Setsuna and her sister. Of course, Setsuna (unsurprisingly) shows back up at the very end, which I assumed was just due to the fact that she didn't actually die during the final fight, but those two children's appearance confuses me.
I don't know either, it's not explained anywhere in the story as far as I can tell; my personal guess is that those children are just kids who happened to look alike. For drama and bookends. Or something.

blaster

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks to those share the game tho, really appreciated!

IMO the part is like some novel,game or anime's cliche which have a character with similar appearance, appear at most nearly end of story or even after end credit - lead to last epilogue that try to explain that character here are now had their new happily peaceful life at long last.

But somehow this game made fun of that cliche, try to confuse player at first sight then flash back story phenomenon in apartment for keep player's sorrowful feeling(if does) at it stage but in fact, Do a sharp curve at the end and gave us happy feeling --- which I really do love to see, leaving lonely geek child around without one taking care is kinda too harsh feeling for me tho xD

I even love the script when sister's cross sword flash back to when they still brat and innocent - I'm so touched that even cry while playing along. They're so cute and adorable that soon to be damned from their tragic fate. The final unification didn't goes much well but at least Nayuta got to call for her beloved sister from bottom of her heart once more.

In my opinion, When I put aside core-story of this game, the story will be all about adventure and funny life of two sister which really lighten up my day.

Last edited:

Hallerai

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm stuck at this part, does anyone know what to do?

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Walk across the ropes. You can't run, else you fall down.

N.R.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just finished as I must say, not understanding the story is gonna make the final parts frustrating and kill half the enjoyment because it was pretty good for hentai rpgs standards, to say the least. And yes, the story had the intention to make you feel (or even cry) and it is doing its job. Literally every human character at the end has a nice closure for their episodes in the flashbacks.

Bosses are enjoyable and games give you appropriate advice to beat them including the final, scripted ones (where the game flats out telling you are not supposed to win normally at turn 1). As long as you grab the fire AoE spell 熱風 you will have no problems breezing through the game, including massive powerleveling to 99 in less than 30 minutes. The only one that gave me trouble was the pyramid golden-eye boss and the which you need the confuse spell to stand a chance and even still you need some luck.

I actually like the way the scripted battles work at the end (which the whole point is to make you feel, not getting frustrated over how to beat a final boss, resulting in making them literally the easiest fights in the whole game), due to the nature of Setsuna's ultimate attack which is basically an instant heal/revival technique we have been abusing throughout the game as it is the only counter against the other superior demon hunter's ridiculously overpowered ultimate moves that are otherwise impossible to evade/defend against. The game basically starts and ends with that skill.

I must say my favorite fight had to be against the granny assassin with 2 oni allies on your side, the ending when you lose is also downright tragic.

Last edited:

blaster

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I must say my favorite fight had to be against the granny assassin with 2 oni allies on your side, the ending when you lose is also downright tragic.
Agreed, I literally shade a tear even when I didn't lose but watch scene's recall afterward ; - ;

What it my favorite too is how funny this battle can be, the 2 oni-s Stand no chance even with its fellow ganged up and get their kick by a sec So they has no choice but ti burrow some hand xD

Also so intro shown "The Ultimate Taima Miko". The enemy name, in fact just a mixed up noun between Katakana and Hiragana type write with "オバちゃん" read as "Oba-chan" stand for just a plain "Aunty" or something among those line, this little thing also crack me up.

Hallerai

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I managed to finish the game now and I have to say it was really fun. My only complaint is that healing items are kind of not needed. At the end of the game I had something like 99 of each type and I didn't even buy a single one. Also the fight with one of the bosses was extremely annoying cause I didn't know they were telling me to equip Evasion gear so I kept trying to tank the attack.

I also love the story, I was nearly bawling my eyes out at the final boss. Though I'd love to know what made the villagers and the younger sister think reviving a demon lord was a good idea. Also the ending where the two little girls that resemble the MC and Boss was a bait and switch, since you'd think they both died and reincarnated into those two. [Asian culture] In all this was a great game.

I don't speak moonspeak, but I think the whole getting raped by demons is kinda in the demon hunter job description which is why I think there's no corruption mechanic. As much as I love that kind of system, it would feel strange in this game for some reason.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think playing games such as G Senjou no Maou and Saya no Uta has made my emotions more resistant to simpler plots, as I felt almost nothing during this and Teaching Feeling (the latter was sad, sure, but nothing compared to some of the gut-wrenching things you'll see in some visual novels). I will admit, though, that the sad music during the final part of the end boss did make me feel a little sad - music can really make all of the difference when it comes to emotion, at least for me. Granted, I'm sure I would've felt worse if I could actually read the story, too. ;)

Kitin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Cant beat mine boss resists magic and attack!

chronoex

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just finished it, and, well...the game had a plot, and it's actually an okay plot, so that more or less automatically gives it more depth than most H RPG Maker games out there, and I was genuinely interested to see how the story turns out once things started rolling. Problem is, because the plot takes itself very seriously (instead of being an H-filled rompfest throughout), a lot more expectation got built up as I dug deeper and deeper into the game only to, well, fall kind of short.

There is nothing wrong with Setsuna's story per se. I very much enjoyed the close relationship between her, Nayuta, and Kaede, and how they supported each other as they grew up and started facing real life problems. The problem is when this flies in the face of the relationship between Setsuna and Mayuko, which is pretty much 100% slapstick until the last 30 min or so of the game. In particular, it was kind of obvious that the game didn't really know what to do with Mayuko when things started getting serious. Very little effort was made to show that she shares any kind of close personal connection with Setsuna beyond the usual (slapstick) sibling quarrels, making it very hard to sympathize with her compared to Nayuta, since, you know, all she cares is about making money and doesn't really give a rat's ass what happens to Setsuna (aka you, the player), not to mention the game was way too late in reeling in her antics. Which gave me a lot of problems with the ending since not only do I not care about Mayuko at all,
I also feel that overall, Nayuta really got the short end of the stick in comparison, such that I wish there was either a way to save her, have Setsuna do a heroic sacrifice herself in killing off the demon spawn, or even hint at a reincarnation thing with the two kids at the end, instead of just having her come back.

Because seriously, fuck Mayuko. Key to the main story or not, she definitely could've been better characterized instead of sticking out like a sore thumb until it was too late.

Last edited:

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Since I can see people are still having problems, I think I should try to write down a couple things or two about the bosses in the game. Note that most of these notes are written down according to one man's experience, and mostly taken from the in-battle comm scenes. Corrections welcome.

First group of bosses
=Sewer boss: The Aggregate One=
Being the first boss in the game, he's really not all that threatening or gimmicky. The small hand uses mild physical attacks relatively often, but isn't very tough so will go down fast. The large hand only attacks at TPMAX, with a hard-hitting but easily-avoidable attack. The main body itself can hit you with AGI-decreasing sludge, but there's really no particular gimmicks to this fight. Just burst down the hands and the main body last, being careful of the low-accuracy hard-hitting attacks and the main body's TPMAX unavoidable, and you'll be fine. He's weak to thunder, though this will probably only be useful in rematches.

=Hillpath boss: The Embattled Amaryllis=
This is the first boss with a notable gimmick. Only one of the four is the real body, while the other three are fake bodies that die to any attack and revive indefinitely. Their positions shuffle, too.
You can smack them all with AoE attacks if you have 'em, but the fakes will come back with a ton of TP so that can be a pretty bad idea (fortunately enough, the fakes here don't have a TPMAX move as far as I can tell)
One way to discern which one is the real body is to eyeball the "Boss TP" meter and see which of the four have more-or-less matching TP scores.
Another way is to hit the boss with an ailment (try the 18TP move) which will let you know which one is real for as long as the ailment lasts.
Alternatively, the game system remembers which enemy you hit the last time you attack, so when you manage to find the main body as long as you don't move the target cursor you'll always target the main body no matter how much they shuffle.
Also, when the boss hits phase 3, he can't revive the fakes anymore, so feel free to pop an AoE and get the three out of the way.
Remember to be careful of the Restraint and Stumble inducing attacks.

=Ghost train boss: The HENTAI Train=
The first "mook maker" type of boss. The train itself does not attack unless it hits TPMAX (unavoidable; you have to guard), but the multiple mooks behind him (excepting the Conductor, who supports the others and summons replacement mooks faster) just love to pelt you with both regular and H-attacks, which can also inflict debilitative ailments. Try to stack up on H Defense if you can. Unfortunately you can't permanently eliminate the mooks (at start), since even with the conductor gone more will pour in over time, so all you can do is to burst down the boss while dealing with the mooks. The fire AoE spell can work wonders.
The boss will lose passengers as its phases advance, but in exchange will gain TP faster, so watch out.

=Coastal cave boss: Dai Kaiju Takora=
There are 8 enemies here; the main body, and 7 tentacles, some of them submerged underwater and rotating every few turns. You can target submerged enemies, but you can't damage them, so random-target attacks are at a disadvantage at first. The main body usually attacks with Stumble-inducing water bursts and sight-covering ink, while the tentacles will probably be doing the bulk of the damage. Fortunately the tentacles can't respawn, so do your best to burst down the tentacles and leave the main body for last, so the TPMAX unavoidable he eventually does won't be as hard to manage.
He's also weak to electricity, so feel free to take the gamble with your thunder spells if you want.
Also, this part of the game is a reference to Go**illa and Ga*era.

=Abandoned mine boss: Ancient G*nd*m=
First things first: the main body is normally invulnerable to all your attacks thanks to its special coating. Don't bother hitting it. The arm, however, is vulnerable, so take that out first. The main body's eye-beams do low damage, though hard to dodge, while the arm is somewhat on the opposite side of the spectrum.
The main body will only open its mouth, and therefore make itself vulnerable, while preparing its TPMAX unavoidable lazor. Wail on him when his mouth is open.
On phase 3, though, the main body will only open its mouth on the exact turn it fires the death ray and close immediately afterwards. All you can do is to load up on as many DEF+ items as you can, keep your HP up, and go all-out when the boss opens its mouth (and taking the death beam full-on to the face).
...If you're unsure about your survivability, use the 100TP ultimate, as it can be used as long as your MP is above 0.

Second group of bosses
=Rot heap boss: The Aggregate Zero=
There's a lot of enemies. The boss has 4 subparts, and is basically immune to damage until the subparts are gone, so you have to take them down first. The boss will initially spend TP on healing and reviving its subparts, so it's a DPS race.
Being wet, the AoE fire attack won't do much, but the AoE thunder attack(if you have learned it) will work very well. Otherwise, it's a matter of beating down the mook enemies it spawns with, then the subparts, and finally the boss' main body.
Aside from that this boss should be more or less similar to the previous bosses you meet - beware of the ailments they inflict and incoming powerful attacks, and you'll be fine.

=Forgotten village boss: Thousand Faces=
Remember the gimmick from the Amaryllis boss? Yeah, it's here again. Multiple fake bodies and one main body, shuffling each turn. The same countermeasures apply, but since the fake bodies now have TPMAX moves, using AoE attacks is a VERY bad idea.
Speaking of which, both the boss and fake bodies only have attacks used by this stage's enemies; the same precautionary measures apply. Just burst down the boss while dodging/defending against the fakes' attacks, and you should be fine.
Come phase 2, the boss will summon even more masks (AoE attacks is an even worse idea now...), but there's nothing new.
At phase 3, all the fakes will die out immediately (thankfully) but the main body now gains a bind move he'll also use on you straightaway, but if you can handle that he's not different than the other bosses.

=Sky garden boss: The Strongest Taimamiko=
Hey, it's her! From the dev's previous game! And she's not on our side. Oh boy.
First off, her title has grounds. She's RIDICULOUSLY strong, and has speed and skill to back it up. If you get hit, you're in for a world of hurt. Thankfully, you have two tanky oni on your side, who are capable of dishing out the damage on their own, and attract most of the heavy fire. Because of the boss' relentless onslaught however, they'll need some help taking it, which is where you come in with healing and revival spells and items. The oni have enormous HP scores, so use percentage-based heals such as the expensive full heal+ailment cure+revival spell. Just keep your party healed up, and the boss'll go down sooner or later.

=Undersea base boss: The UFO Gather=
First things first, the boss is utterly invulnerable at first. Nothing will work no matter how hard you try. Just do whatever you can to keep yourself from getting annihilated until Mayuko mentions the alien managing the barrier on that console up top... And then run away from the battle. No, really.
Backtrack to a side path in the room, walk over to that alien managing the barrier, beat him down, and then interact with the console to blow it up and power down the barrier. Now get back to the boss fight.
The boss itself won't do anything other than summon UFOs and such for the first part of the fight, so feel free to burst the UFOs down and then focus on the boss. The "regular" UFOs are pretty normal enemies, while the "heavy" metal-plated combat UFOs are tough but weak to armor-piercing attacks such as your 22TP move.
The boss will start attacking later in the fight with powerful MP-draining light attacks. Equip light resistance accessories to counter this, and continue on as you did before; it can summon Mecha-Takoras too later on but you should be able to handle them.

=Golden pyramid boss: The Faceless King=
The first thing you should notice is that the main body's 100TP move is an unblockable, undodgeable petrifying gaze that turns you into gold. Since he starts with it. It only lasts for a short time, so you should be fine as long as you start the fight with full HP and decent equipment.
Aside from the boss, there's also a red hand, which attacks with powerful physical attacks, and a blue hand, which attacks with magical attacks (beware of the faint ailment, caused by thunder spells!). As usual, your priority is to burst down the hands, and leave the boss for last.
As for how to deal with the petrifying gaze, well, you equip the ink sunglasses (occasionally dropped by Mecha-Takoras, you probably have a couple of them by now) to intentionally blind yourself with ink, at least one turn before the TPMAX warning (since the ink-blind only starts to take effect the turn after you equip it). As long as you're ink-blinded, you're immune to the gaze.
When he hits phase 2, he'll start attacking normally alongside his hands.
When he hits phase 3, he'll then revive his hands as golden versions instead of his normal ones. The golden hands are invincible, so take no detours and focus solely on the boss.

I'll write up the human enemies later.