What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うんこモリモリ丸] 退魔巫女遊戯 / Taima Miko Yuugi (RJ176344)

Re: 退魔巫女遊戯 試作体験版

the cg is top notch but the battle is boring as hell,

Get the bomb from SP skill menu (last set of skills), use it to get all scene on each place.

after that avoid enemy (most of the times) to get to boss.

On boss just keep defending until 100 SP then use the 100 SP skill over and over to kill them.

I finish 5 boss with that method, haven't continue after that, kinda bored

Geez, I just checked it recently and for some reason, it didn't show it was available until I refreshed the page after I saw someone posted it was out on here. That's what I get for bookmarking it, I guess. Knowing that it's already available elsewhere ruins some of the fun, but I just bought it and will have it uploaded on Mega soon enough, if anyone else needs it. I won't waste time lecturing about supporting the devs, since I know many of you will do that already. ;)

Edit: and it's already done. The joys of having extreme speed internet. Here's if anyone wants proof that I didn't just go grab it off a file sharing site. Have to support the developers I love, especially when they don't take forever to release their next game (you know who you are!). My English DLsite has more games on it, if you're thinking I'm stingy; I just recently learned how to make sure my credit card works on the Japanese side.

I'm glad you bought it, this dev is very deserving of the support. What steps did you have to take to be able to buy from Japan?

I'm glad you bought it, this dev is very deserving of the support. What steps did you have to take to be able to buy from Japan?

I don't know why, but my credit card seems to work when I use a virtual account number; before then, it would always spit out an error when I tried to use it. I'm not sure if that's actually what makes it work, or if my credit card company changed something about my card in the year or so I didn't try using it on the Japanese site. I guess I could try using my real number next time I buy something, but I tend to feel safer using a virtual number that won't work in a month when buying from a foreign site.

Any help with the Thousand Mask boss? I'm clearly meant to do some gimmick for the fight, but I can't figure out what specifically I'm meant to do.

Okay.

127.jpg

Any help with the Thousand Mask boss? I'm clearly meant to do some gimmick for the fight, but I can't figure out what specifically I'm meant to do.

I had a heck of a time trying to figure out what hints it was trying to give me during that fight (machine translation and all), but what I did at the beginning of the battle was shoot everything with fire (since it seems a lot of enemies are weak to it) and try to pay attention to which one didn't disappear. From what I can tell, though, the game actually makes a bit of a joke with that strategy being a bad one, since Setsuna's sister tells her to try it later and when you do, the boss gains a ton of TP and you'll have to endure a bunch of strong hits from multiple masks on the next turn.

It does give a hint later, though, that if you're patient and attack them one by one and manage to actually find the correct one, the cursor normally remembers the enemy you last hit, so even if it rearranges itself afterwards, you'll still be targeting the real one. If there's more to it than that, I didn't catch it.

I had a heck of a time trying to figure out what hints it was trying to give me during that fight (machine translation and all), but what I did at the beginning of the battle was shoot everything with fire (since it seems a lot of enemies are weak to it) and try to pay attention to which one didn't disappear. From what I can tell, though, the game actually makes a bit of a joke with that strategy being a bad one, since Setsuna's sister tells her to try it later and when you do, the boss gains a ton of TP and you'll have to endure a bunch of strong hits from multiple masks on the next turn.

It does give a hint later, though, that if you're patient and attack them one by one and manage to actually find the correct one, the cursor normally remembers the enemy you last hit, so even if it rearranges itself afterwards, you'll still be targeting the real one. If there's more to it than that, I didn't catch it.

I'm not sure because I haven't got to this boss yet, unless it's the one from the jungle level that was also in the demo, but the poison attack if successful will make the target purple meaning you can track them even if you can't tell how they rearranged

I'm not sure because I haven't got to this boss yet, unless it's the one from the jungle level that was also in the demo, but the poison attack if successful will make the target purple meaning you can track them even if you can't tell how they rearranged

It's not the same boss, but it's essentially the exact same problem (just with more enemies). I think they even mention it's the same during their mid-battle conversation.

Also, for anyone who hasn't made it to the UFO boss yet, here's how to beat it - after a few turns, Setsuna's sister will mention the alien that's sitting at the console at the top right of the screen. You'll need to escape the battle at that point, then walk around the right side of the map to where that alien is, beat it up, then destroy the console. You can go back to the boss and fight it normally at that point. Took me a few minutes to figure that out, since I assumed it was going to let me target that alien during the boss fight and it didn't tell you to escape.

And while I'm here, if anyone knows Japanese and can tell me what the heck is going on with the story, I'd appreciate it.
I'm really confused about Setsuna's sister and the white-haired girl that shows up who also calls Setsuna her sister, mainly because the latter is wearing the outfit that the purple-haired sister was wearing in Setsuna's flashbacks, not to mention I was wondering why the purple-haired sister didn't seem like a fighter at all in the present.

My game keeps crashing during battles on the Mine stage, and it seems to be when the weird super meat-boy looking things perform a specific attack

And while I'm here, if anyone knows Japanese and can tell me what the heck is going on with the story, I'd appreciate it.
I'm really confused about Setsuna's sister and the white-haired girl that shows up who also calls Setsuna her sister, mainly because the latter is wearing the outfit that the purple-haired sister was wearing in Setsuna's flashbacks, not to mention I was wondering why the purple-haired sister didn't seem like a fighter at all in the present.

As far as I understand from beating the game and watching all the cutscenes the white haired girl is actually (there are actual spoilers fyi)
the purple haired girl from the past corrupted by a demon of some kind.

Granted, this is coming from a person who didn't know the name of the main character because of a complete lack of Japanese, but this is what I inferred from the game and how characters seemed to interact with each other.

How do you beat the ancient gundam? It's only vulnerable when it opens its mouth, but now it's closing it immediately after its big attack. The woes of not speaking Japanese.

Nvm got it, just have to survive the attack for yours to go through

Does anyone know how to cross the 2-tile wide gaps, and what each of the equipments even do?

Last edited:

How do you beat the ancient gundam? It's only vulnerable when it opens its mouth, but now it's closing it immediately after its big attack. The woes of not speaking Japanese.

Nvm got it, just have to survive the attack for yours to go through

Does anyone know how to cross the 2-tile wide gaps, and what each of the equipments even do?

You get skills later that allow you to jump further. Just make sure you're checking in at the bookstore (i.e. the green shop) every time you finish a dungeon and buying any books you don't already have, since they open up new skill trees. The skills that let you jump further have a shoe icon, unsurprisingly.

So does anyone know if I need to do something special to beat machine gun grandpa? I hit him at least six times with the 100 TP attack and he took all of them like a champ (edit: never mind, looks like I had to get lucky and hit him for a little more damage before he went down).

Last edited:

Just noticed that Setsuna has a sword skill which hits four times and is named Tsubame Gaeshi. This was really familiar, but I couldn't place it so I had to look it up. Seems the creator is a Fate/Stay Night fan.

Okay, I finished it, and what's hilarious is that I wasted some time figuring out how to raise Setsuna's stats with Cheat Engine so I could beat the second to last boss without realizing that it's evidently supposed to be scripted and your stats really don't matter that much (which makes me wonder why it kept making me actually lose the fight - he'll down Setsuna with his finisher regardless of how much defense she has). Screw you, game. I ended up running around with 999 stats during those last two fights for nothing.

I want to believe I have all of the CGs, but there's one with Setsuna and her sister that I've seen in preview pictures that I can't find in the gallery (it's actually at the very bottom left of the main preview picture on DLsite), so I must have missed something somewhere (edit: I do have it, it turns out it's viewable through the mask boss in the CG room). Still hoping someone will come along once they've had the chance to play this and give at least a general synopsis of the story; what screwed me up a bit was that I didn't notice until the end of the game that the sister Setsuna's currently with and the one in the past are different people (hair colors are slightly different, for example). For all I know, the current sister isn't even her sister and it's just the machine translation messing with me again.

Well, anyway, here's my most likely 99% completed save, if you want to just look at the gallery. If someone knows of something that I missed, let me know so I can go back and grab it.

Attachments

• Save23.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Alright, the second boss I fought already won me over. This game is now one of the all time greats in my opinion.

Ain't no brakes on the

HENTAI TRAIN!!!

Also, I think somebody should edit the game's name in latin letters into the thread title (It's called Taima Miko Yuugi according to a title card, unless I'm completely mistaken).

Fuck. I was interested in this until I read "Scripted Lose".
It's my all-time least favourite thing about some games. That and annoyingly squeaky voices that you can't turn off on really cute characters, adult or otherwise.

Fuck. I was interested in this until I read "Scripted Lose".
It's my all-time least favourite thing about some games. That and annoyingly squeaky voices that you can't turn off on really cute characters, adult or otherwise.

The last few bosses are very heavily scripted battles, for some reason, and I agree with you - I've never liked them in any game (my first experience with them was in Star Ocean 2, and I'm sure anyone who's ever played it will know what I mean). What really makes me hate them in this game is that you're supposed to do certain actions on certain turns for at least one of the bosses, and the fact that I don't know Japanese leaves me at the mercy of a machine translator for guidance. That's my only real complaint about this game.

I mean, they literally keep Setsuna locked at a maximum of 99 TP for the majority of at least two of these fights, and I'm banging my head on the keyboard because it's annoying the heck out of me. I don't understand why the creator did a good job with all of the other battles and suddenly decided to throw in these scripted ones without any warning at the very end.

Last edited:

Dear God, this game needs a partial. Im sitting on ton of accessorys and i have no idea what does what. took three dungeons before i realized that the bread items gave me more sp and some of them reduced...something. Still, the grind in this game isn't that bad, you generally earn enough exp to lvl rather quickly through the dungeons. Just wish i knew what all these items im picking up are. Did anyone who had previously played the demo flip out when you first jumped across two squares? I did. That was the feature i looked forward to the most.

Living the dream

How do you get the last 3 enemies on the top left of the gallery? How do you beat the boss dude in the Mine?

I want to believe I have all of the CGs, but there's one with Setsuna and her sister that I've seen in preview pictures that I can't find in the gallery (it's actually at the very bottom left of the main preview picture on DLsite)

I think that is linked to the Thousand Mask boss. I'm pretty sure if you get defeated when they put a mask on you then you'll get that scene, otherwise it's just the standard loss scene. I need to test it, as I've only seen that scene once.

Back