Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Wendy (Archer)

Had to roll only once XD
20 vs 6

The semi-blizzard spell works fast, and the spider falls off the girl's back in a mere moment after Wendy's spell takes effect. The girl quickly follows suit, her mace dropping to the ground as she loses conciousness and falls back next to the spider corpse. A quick examination shows that the girl is alive, with a pair of bite marks on her back

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

(Figures.)

With a sigh of relief Wendy looks down at the nun, "Well......I can't just leave her like this." Wendy tucks her wand away and drags her back to the run down house. After covering the nun with an old sheet she scrounged up Wendy make a small fire in a rusted kettle before sitting down next to it waiting for the other woman to wake up.

(And I just now realized I made a witch......named Wendy
)

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Tucking up the nun girl with an old sheet, Wendy sits down by the fire and starts to wait for her to wake up. Some moments pass before a pop-up springs up again, much to Wendy's surprise

You have unlocked trait: Magic Expertise lv.1. This trait adds a +1 hit bonus to all magic-based attacks

Some hours pass while Wendy waits for the other girl's waking up. The girl then wakes up, turning her head to look at Wendy with her green, sleepy eyes, but still staying silent as she seems to gauge Wendy.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Awesome a level up...." Wendy grinned to herself and idly toys with her magic a bit testing out different little tricks stopping when the nun wakes up. "Umm, hello, I'm Wendy. Don't worry about the spider thing, I won't hold it against you." She snickered and rubbed her head where the nun had smacked her. "So, uh I noticed you're a holy woman right? I kinda guessed you were the right side to jump in on that fight. Never trust someone working with creepy monsters."

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Teresa..." the girl replies as Wendy introduces herself. She stops talking again as Wendy speaks about the fight. Letting Wendy finish her little speech, Teresa works herself up.
"I am one of the faithful, yes.." she says as she stands up. Wendy takes a closer look at her, seeing some things that are a little unusual for a nun. Teresa's long skirt is actually slitted in three points, causing her sexy lingerie, garter belt and long boots to show as she moves.
"Not sure if I'm the holiest of women though.."

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"It's nice to meet you Teresa, if you aren't a holy nun, what kind are you. Sorry I'm not from around here I'm....a traveling witch you could say I guess." Wendy smirked and took her hat off setting it beside her.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Others in my faith don't dress like this..." Teresa says, blushing deeply as she plays with the cross around her neck.
"And, they don't have these... urges.. I get at times..." she continues as she lowers herself to sit down.
"But I can fight, somehow. And channel my faith into spells... I'm just not sure what to do now that Father Hans got torn apart.." Teresa tells Wendy with a lost look in her sleepy eyes

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh....I see so he was the...I'm sorry for your loss. Well, right now you should rest, it's getting dark and neither of us should be wandering around the swamp at night." Wendy put her hat back on abd slid over to Teresa, "If you'd like you could travel with me. I've met a lot of nuns and you fight a lot better than them, and I don't mind that you have urges. Most nuns are too stuffy anyways." Wendy chuckles and tries to give her new friend a comforting hug.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Thank you.." Teresa says in a quiet voice as Wendy offers her condolences for the loss. Letting Wendy talk, Teresa nods in approval at her good common sense for not wandering out in the night.

As Wendy moves over to her, Teresa's blush becomes deeper. Listening to her still, the nun is visibly relieved at Wendy accepting her like she is, flaws or not. Once the hug is offered, a few tears roll from her eyes before she accepts Wendy's embrace. As they hold each other, Wendy can hear the other girl sniffle a bit.
"This means so much.. Since I entered the ranks of the faithful, no-one besides the Father's been this kind to me.. If my meager skill is good enough for you, I'll make sure to use them the best I can to help.." Teresa whispers as she's embraced

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Wendy snickers, "You have more skill than me I'm sure, I'm the one who shot you accidentally with a spell remember? Besides I'm glad that the first companion I meet is a cute girl hehe. I'm sure we'll find penty of trouble to keep us busy." Wendy gave a wink and a grin before laying down with Teresa. "This beginner red mage will try keep you safe okay? Even if you get urges." Wendy wiped the girls eyes and offered Teresa her chest to lay on instead of the hard wood floor.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Teresa keeps nodding as she listens to Wendy praise her. She turns her head to look away, but when Wendy reaches out to wipe the tears of her pretty face, her mood lightens.
"By this symbol of my faith, I vow to help you as best I can..." Teresa says with a shy smile, holding her cross with both hands as she does so.

As they prepare for sleep, Teresa once again blushes at the offer presented to her. She nonetheless lies down next Wendy and carefully puts her head on Wendy's chest, falling asleep fast.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Wendy yawns thinking to herself, "Virtual or not I feel like I could us a nap..." She cuddles with Teresa almost forgetting she wasn't real before closing her eyes and falling dead asleep smiling contently.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The night rolls past, with only the crickets making sound in the otherwise completely silent swamp.

After a well-earned rest, Wendy wakes up and finds Teresa already awake.
"Good morning.." the nun says, with just the hint of a smile on her face.
"Did you have plans where to go?"

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Wierd.....I feel completely rested...but...did I spend a full night sitting in here?" Wendy thought as she rubbed her head a bit. "Good morning Teresa. I really was just going to wander into the swamp, I don't really know the area that well but usually when you're adventuring the most interesting stuff is in the middle, whether it's a swamp, forest, dungeon, etc." She tried to fix her hair a bit before putting her hat back on. "Personally after yesterday's fight I'd rather find a bunch of monsters and lose to them than have to face another mage like that." Wendy laughed popping her joints a bit as she stood up before placing a hand where the parasite had been on Teresa as they left the cottage. "Does your back feel okay, that bite was dug in pretty well."

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Teresa flinches as Wendy's hand touches the bite mark under her robe
"I'll manage. It stings a bit now and then, but I healed the wounds..."

As they walk back towards the land patch they were fighting on yesterday, Teresa mentions an abandoned temple of her faith some distance away
"If you'd like to, we can go look at that place...

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"An abandoned church huh? Perfect, theres usually something interesting to find in old abandoned churches or temples." Wendy takes Teresa's hand and lets her lead the way. "Do you know why it was abandoned?

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Teresa shakes her head as she takes Wendy's hand
"That's what me and Father were going to do here. We were supposed to investigate, but then that ambush happened..."

The pair proceed past the ambush site, taking a route towards more solid ground and the forest. As Teresa leads them towards the temple, they can see a tall humanoid creature move in the same direction as them. The only distinguishable feature they can make out in the mist is the thing's four muscular arms

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Wendy pulls out her wand lighting the tip when she spots the figure, "Who goes there?" She rolls her eyes back for a moment thinking to herself, "Oh god did I really say that?" She shakes her head and moves in front of Teresa, "So do you have any clue what might be around here with four arms?"

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Before Teresa can reply to Wendy's question, the shadowy shape stops in place. As it turns towards them, a lenght of chain unfolds from one of its arms.

The shape draws closer to them, turning out to be some sort of demon. It stands some 8 feet tall, with chains draped across it's body and arms. The thing's head is beastly, much like that of a great wolf.
"Intruders hmm? And female even, this is good.." the demon says in a guttural voice as it gets near them

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Well I think we just figured out why the church was abandoned....Teresa, let me see if I can weaken him first with my magic. I don't think you'd fare well trying to fight something like him up close for long..." Wendy waved her wand through the air firing off a bolt of lightning. "What the hell are you? Some kind of four armed wolf demon?"