Re: Would you survive?

tl;dr

I'd live LOL

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Alright Newbie, whats a list of kit you would bring with you. Lets not include vehicles for the sake of this argument cause I have no desire for that stupid debacle to appear again. Let's assume your heading out on foot. What are you carrying?

Lurker
Reputation score

If I'm heading out from home and straight on to the road the probably not much. Bandages, maps if I have them, gear for foul weather( A sweater for cold, a poncho for rain, etc.,), Food if I have non-perishables, a machete, a sharpening tool for said machete. Maybe a blanket or a sleeping roll, though not necessary. I'd like a blunt instrument as well, for opening doors and such. If I have enough people with me, I might even take a cooler along, though I would have to take water anyway. I'd probably try and grab rope or somesuch as well, and a lighter or two. Ideally, I'd have two, maybe three people with me and time to hit the supermarket across the street. Otherwise I'd need to make friends with a group so I could sleep comfortably and survive more easily.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Get a house on stilts with it's back to the ocean, a zipline to a dock with a boat, build a cement wall around it and a moat around that.

Bob

Lurker
Reputation score

yes, i would, because i'm not stupid enough to try to save someone who rushes out a door into zombies, i'd close the door again, and go back to barracading it, then, once the doors were secured, i'd sweep the house, and kill any zombies in it, go out only during the day for supplies, and never alone.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd use this, but it's not nearly deadly enough for my tastes.

Bob

Lurker
Reputation score

besides lucas, the uzi sets it off, you'd have to hold down the trigger to shoot it properly, all the others you pull the trigger to fire, release, then pull again to fire again.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

It'd work better if I set the firing to semi-auto.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

How about just make every gun full auto?

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Lancer/Revolver/Scorcher/Frag Grenade/Boomshield. FUCKING END.

:p

Lessee, items... compass, map, water, flashlight, sleeping bag, dried fruits/trail mix, pocky (gotta have it), crowbar, rope, lighter(s), flint n' steel, and stuff I know I'm forgetting right now, but I'll think of later :)

( Maybe some stimpacks, rad-x, rad-away..... :D )

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It cannot be like fallout 3 kusanagi.... or fallout 1-2.... If it was would we all get character sheets and stats with hp?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Code:
Name: Nunu
Equipment: 

Machete
H&K Mk .23 with silencer and red dot sight
Benelli Nova tactical with extended magazine and recoil reducer
Glock 18c with extended barrel, 31 round clip and railing for sights
spare night vision sight
Spare magazines and ammunition
cleaning kit, batteries, wet stone

Hiking Backpack
Change of clothes (with extra undergarments and socks)
Spare shoes
Weather proof poncho

Crowbar
Flashlight
Lighter
Maps
Compass
Sewing Kit
Watch

Medical Supplies (with additional bandages and antiseptics)
Water
Food
Vitamin and Protein Supplements

As you can see the nunu does nothing without research

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Great, now everyone else will make a list like that

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Name: Diagasvesle
Equipment: Shirts, boxers, long sleeve jogging pants

Labtop
Mouse
table
8 different knives for carving zombie meat for breakfast/lunch/supper/dinner.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

the power would be turned off, the laptops no good.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Your talking to a person that is really idiotic. I could be using my labtop for imagination! But seriously, take a labtop along if disease hits europe first. If it hits us, then I'm leaving it.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

a blond a brunet and a red head get asked what they would like to have with them if they we're stranded in the desert.

the brunet says a map and compass so she can find her way out
the red head says a water bottle so she can survive until rescue
the blond says a car door so she can wind the window down if she gets to hot

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Not true! I'd take a ceiling fan so if it got warm! *is actually blonde. And also is not being serious*

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I don't see much point in a laptop. Sounds like time and attention better spent on other things. Though a laptop and other certain devices could still be charged via a car. Finding an adaptor isn't hard, any moderate electronics store would likely stock such things, but it's highly unlikely the reward would warrant the risk of the raid in what would probably be a high risk area. With access to a military or scientific expedition laptop with global internet, it's another way of contacting help and information. Depending on the scale of the outbreak and whether the network would still be operational.

My weapons would likely consist of a Glock17 pistol, and a L85 or G36 rifle, purely because those are the weapons most widely used in the services here in Britain. I wouldn't turn down anything else I found of course, but those weapons would perform plenty well for handling the undead. A nicely zeroed G3 sniper variant used by armed police here would be lovely, but I'd probably swap it to an L85 first chance due to the more common ammo. Plus the G3 mags don't fit in my assault vest smoothly enough. I also know how to check whether an L85 has been refitted to the A2 upgrade, because those older original L85 models are nearly as bad as the early M16.

If I found a sizeable enough ammo cache, I would be sure to drive out into a safe open area and do some practice shooting and handling drills. I would want to learn to handle that recoil, so my time in airsoft practical shooting courses would be worth something. Also having a rifle with a 400 meter effective range is no good if it's not zeroed correctly when you first try to use it in action.

All this still relys on me actually finding some first. You people in the US have it easy you know that? My non offensive (defensive) equipment list would generally include the stuff on Nunu's list. I have all of that stuff in the house already. My clothes would be my military stuff, as it was designed for a rough life, dries quickly and is highly rip (and hence bite) resistant. I would wear my tactical belt and pistol holster at all times once I find a pistol, and attach the light assault vest when suitable to be out on foot with the rifle. An assault vest may sound redundant, but unlike a video game character I can't pull magazines out my ass, and reload speed could be critical in some situations. As could being able to effectively and quietly carry your ammo without it clanging in large insecure pockets. If you plan on shooting more than two magazines worth at any time, then your choice of load bearing solution is nearly as important as the gun itself.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Fast, smooth, and quiet huh?
But won't bringing all those guns, ammo, etc. hinder you?