What's new

Would you survive?

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: Would you survive?

Depends entirely on the exact situation and your goals really. I think most of us are imagining the typical reletivly unexplained idea that you would walk out your front door one morning and find 99% of everyone else are zombies.

The guns and ammo would undoubtably hinder movement on foot. But how far are you intending to go. Are you going to the next town over? Cross country? Continent? Are there survior camps somewhere you've heard about? We've talked about plans for surviveal, but ultimately without a more defined idea of the problem we're talking about, those can only be vague. Either way, it's most likely we'll want a means of defence. Whether I could aquire it myself is debatable. I forgot to mention shotguns in that last post. Many of the local farmers in my area still own shotguns and if i went looking for them they would be the first weapon i could get my hand on. Though in terms of practicality I'd prefer the rifles. A shotgun would be significantly louder, and would force closer ranges than I would idealy wish. Although iconic shotguns in a zombie situation share a similar role to pistols and are best left to pure defense.

My general plan would be avoid the zombies, stock up on food and find a way to live in a colapsed British society. If we were to say that there were evacuation points at the channel crossing, or that maybe that Scotland was still safe, I would find my way there. Probably first attempting a trip by car, achieveable within one day to a week, if that fails, take my bike from the car roof and hope I can survive the weeks it will take that way. If we're talking about a global disaster and there is no where for me to go, I would be forced to make a rough mobile life around my local area. No stationary home would remain safe forever, and I would need to be constantly gathering suplies. As I see it, a car is the best way to do so. I could carry my food, defence, shelter, radio, tools, and everything I could need, along with a friend or two. On suply raids and recon work, I'd take the bike from the roof rack and go out to check out whether it's safe to move. With a bike and rifle I could put gradual but sizable dents in the zobie population each day, and be able to retreat safely back to a car loaded with amunition.

I realise motorised transport has already been disputed, but I stand firm that it's the best chance for survival. Stationary living is begging to be snuck up on by a wandering horde, and eternal hiking and sleeping in unsecure shelter is a slow road to nowhere but exuastion and evetual death. And again, in the event the motorised strategy fails you, you can pack up your suplies and take off on foot, with a few weeks less fatigue and much better provisions than the poor saps that started out that way would now be.

Last edited:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Dia, you DO realize the governments` - at least what`s left - solution WILL be nukes once they believe enough survivors have been accounted for... if movies have taught us anything.
:p

And I will reitterate: while not suggested for evasion purposes, I believe the automobile good for defensive purposes.

Lurker
Reputation score

It might be a good idea to use a car as bait: Set one up in neutral, put a brick on the gas pedal, and GTFO. And if it was an old, poorly maintained car it'd make much more noise, and possibly cover your escape in a different vehicle.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Name: Aika
Equipment: Loose clothing

Kame-hame-ha
Flight
Spirit Bomb

Small pouch
Capsule Co. Car x 2
Capsule Co. Helicopter x 2
Capsule Co. Hovercar x 2
Sunglasses
Senzu bean x 50

Backpack
Full of rice. And chopsticks.

Accompanied by:
Videl. Hawt.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I gotta admit Aika has the best list by far.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

...Yeah well He's Aika, you can't the presidente

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I gotta admit I have no fucking clue what you just said.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Name: Sinfulwolf
Clothing: Black Magnum Combat Boots, military issued cargo pants, and a t-shirt
Hair: Pulled back and worn in a braid
Weaponry: issued C7A2 with EOTech sight, forward grip, and mounted flashlight with patrol sling
issued bayonet
12 gauge pump-action shotgun with a sling
Equipment: Tactical vest (holding 10 30 round C7 magazines, a canteen, candy bars for quick energy, small bottle of CLP for weapon cleaning, C7 cleaning kit strapped on, compass, lighter, multitool, and a pouch full of shotgun shells.
Camel back (holds 3L of water)
Small Pack, which is Canadian Military issued (holds rations, a few bottles of water, a slightly larger bottle of CLP and warm clothing)
TCCC bag, attached to my hip (medical supplies including chest decompresion needle, Israeli bandages, quick clot, packing gauze, scissors, nose tube (I can't even remember the god damn proper name of it).

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Name: ToxicShock
Equipment: The Hulk

*EDIT* HOLY CRAP! I just remembered where I saw that name.
My dream last night was weird, I was stuck in a game (that I knew was a game) full of zombies, like left4dead, with special ones. There was one zombie that was UBERcheap. It sat in place when you saw it, but if you turned away from it or got close, it flipped out and ran at you and instant touch was death and it tried to kill everyone. It seemed random though, like sometimes we'd start a round and it would already be running after us from in front of us, and it was impossible to win. I didn't know what to call it so I kept referring to it by it's username which was "Tomoe"
I can't believe a name forced it's way into my dream. It's the first time I ever remember seeing text in my sleep.

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Name: dmronny
Clothing: lacy pink camisole, matching thong, and big bird slippers
Hair: Mostly everywhere, but my head
Weaponry: Whiffle-ball bat and a dozen rotten eggs
Equipment: As many twinkies as I can fit into a rucksack, and some lotion

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

My dream last night was weird, I was stuck in a game (that I knew was a game) full of zombies, like left4dead, with special ones. There was one zombie that was UBERcheap. It sat in place when you saw it, but if you turned away from it or got close, it flipped out and ran at you and instant touch was death and it tried to kill everyone. It seemed random though, like sometimes we'd start a round and it would already be running after us from in front of us, and it was impossible to win. I didn't know what to call it so I kept referring to it by it's username which was "Tomoe"
I can't believe a name forced it's way into my dream. It's the first time I ever remember seeing text in my sleep.
Trust me, you don't want to have to deal with zombie Hulk. He bit off the Silver Surfers head. And he wouldn't be that good protection even if his healing factor made him immune to zombification (like it should,) he'll just shout and smash a bunch of zombies until he gets bored and jumps away, probably leaving you to die. Unless we're talking the smart Hulk.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well yeah, the smart hulk is the one I'm most familiar with and I figure he should be immune considering his regeneration making him like the worlds first official gary sue. (I actually hate the hulk as a character so much, but if he's going to be Uber strong, why not use it)

I was hoping I could just strap myself to his back, preferably up near the shoulders where zombies couldnt get me, but low enough that he doesn't crush the shit out of me when his arms are swinging

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Well yeah, the smart hulk is the one I'm most familiar with and I figure he should be immune considering his regeneration making him like the worlds first official gary sue. (I actually hate the hulk as a character so much, but if he's going to be Uber strong, why not use it)

I was hoping I could just strap myself to his back, preferably up near the shoulders where zombies couldnt get me, but low enough that he doesn't crush the shit out of me when his arms are swinging
Speaking of " "...

XD

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Toxic: Grey Hulk, or just the newer ones? Because if you hate the newer ones, I can relate. I liked the Hulk when he was a metaphor for nuclear war, the only thing that he's done in the last 5-10 years that I liked was beat the hell out of Wolverine.

Kusanagi: ROFL!

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That was hilarious. Kusunagi, post that in the if you laugh you lose section please?

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

:( or :) I'm not sure what my reaction should be. I mean it's cool and all that I have an instant death touch but is that how you really think of me?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

To be honest, I didn't know where the name came from at the time, i only recognized it when I got on this forum after it was over.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

But... her avatar is Gummy bears... how are Gummy bears dangerous?

, yes, but dangerous? :p

Anyways, enough messin' with ya :p

On Topic: Hey, what are you all using as a basis for your plans? I.E., what type of zombie?
I'm using 'Zombie Survival Guide' by Max Brooks, but I've seen this topic on other forums, and people were using Resident Evil, or 'Night of the Living Dead' by George Romero, or even the new Left 4 Dead game.

Last edited:

Lurker
Reputation score

I use Romero zombies, as they've been around forever and are close to the common standard. Rage zombies (28 ____ Later) would end me.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i find there are a few types of zombies.

there are the resident evil type zombies that are reasonably slow, very tough and are quite unremarkable.

then there are the rage zombies that are more like really angry people.

then you've got the magical type of zombie that is more or less invulnerable and their limbs can act independently of their bodies.

i'me sure people could come up with exceptions and stuff but i find this covers most of the various incarnations of zombie (i havn't done my research but i think the voodoo zombie is either of the first two). Although i hope to finally clear up this matter one day as i know a few people in the international health standards organization and i'm working on getting a medical definition of zombies officially recognised.