What's new

RPG RPG Maker NTR [やさぐれ喫煙所] クベルの首枷病 (The Curse of Kubel) (RJ255342)

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I'll post this in both threads. I checked something in the files and I've decided to actually just drop the lines I've completed and not make a new thread.

So, the UI itself needs a version-by-version update because of how he manages it. Since Kagura games has now confirmed to have picked it up, I'd rather move on to something unlikely to get official trans or are already done updating.

I'll probably look at Spiral Legend, but first do a small one or two just to get used to these new tools I grabbed. I already decided on the small ones. Spiral Legend work likely won't start until December because medical classes. Unless someone else comes forward to work on them before then.

For now, this only works for version 1.10 (Current version is 1.20). The link to the incomplete partial is in my signature.

P.S. It is not a patch file, so you need to extract the game data. It is unclear if these files even work because they're from a test copy of the partial we were doing as he had the patch files. If it doesn't work, I could try to recreate it as a patch file for version 1.00.
Thanks, i hope you do the 1.00 thing, also is the small game ntr? (please say yes xD)

FrogFrozen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
None of the small ones I picked out are NTR. I'll pretty much only translate what interests me and my interests are Loli, the Low-Twintails hairstyle and its 400+ variations that I'm obsessed with, and NTR in that order. The ones I picked out are all of that hairstyle's variations, though one of them contains Loli. I wanted small ones that had gameplay elements that are harder to use without translation like puzzle elements. Not many NTRs like that.

The first one I'll release is probably this one:

I do have a recent partial for one small NTR game. The one with the werewolf adventurer girl with guns. However, that game is so light on anything other than Visual Novel elements, that a partial for it is pretty much pointless.

Edit: Weird. I posted this earlier, but it didn't take.

2nd Edit: Another weird thing was that the files didn't actually upload to my Drive. However, they're there, now. I think maybe my internet cut out or I was just sleep deprived.

Last edited:

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Sorry for the sort-of-necro, but I just glanced through the thread after not watching it for a BIG while, and I see people mentioning that Kagura confirmed that they will be making a TL for this.
Just as someone above, I'm also sort of curious where this information could be found. I mean, they already have like ~15 upcoming games mentioned, next one soon to arrive, true, but most others are TBA as of now. And this one is not even on their list yet...

OP
Mikufanboy

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
It's likely just a suppression tactic going around. Kagura games has a ton of H games in their to do list, there's no way they could get around to translating them all in a few years time. They're simply calling dibs on titles of keen interest to keep fan translators at bay while they pick titles from the to do list at random to further discourage anyone from taking the hype away. Remember to treat Kagura games as a business entity and not a fan translator, they don't have the same mentality as a 'for the fan' translator and can act without reservations.

Whether or not they're actually going to translate it, is a good question... But, given it's not on their list yet, it's probably still possible to translate this H game first by someone else in time.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Reputation score
Sorry for the sort-of-necro, but I just glanced through the thread after not watching it for a BIG while, and I see people mentioning that Kagura confirmed that they will be making a TL for this.
Just as someone above, I'm also sort of curious where this information could be found. I mean, they already have like ~15 upcoming games mentioned, next one soon to arrive, true, but most others are TBA as of now. And this one is not even on their list yet...
For info about what they translate, the best info are either on the dev blog/ci-en/twitter when he anounce the partnership - OR kagura discord / twitter where they announcen any partner they get into / game they plan to translate. Although getting up month of twitter to search for one can be bothersome

Term444

Reputation score
It's likely just a suppression tactic going around. Kagura games has a ton of H games in their to do list, there's no way they could get around to translating them all in a few years time. They're simply calling dibs on titles of keen interest to keep fan translators at bay while they pick titles from the to do list at random to further discourage anyone from taking the hype away. Remember to treat Kagura games as a business entity and not a fan translator, they don't have the same mentality as a 'for the fan' translator and can act without reservations.

Whether or not they're actually going to translate it, is a good question... But, given it's not on their list yet, it's probably still possible to translate this H game first by someone else in time.
Well to be honest with you, I kept my eye on it. I was the one who asked the developer back when, and there was never official confirmation by Kagura. Im on the Kagura discord as passive member and I didnt see anything in announcements since then. When the translation here got started there was soon after a rumor going around that Kagura is looking at the title for a potential translation.

Back then, I asked the developer and the dev told me that they would be talking to Kagura to make and English version but that its probably way off if it happens at all. I also wrote to the Kagura mods telling them that a bunch of people would like to have a translation of this, they said they'd pass it along. Plus, the game is actually pretty popular in terms of sales on the English DLSite (as Jap. version of course). BUT, Kagura has literally 20 ongoing projects and only release a new one every 2 - 3 months. So even if the game gets added to the list as a future project, the translation would probably take up to 5 years. 2 years at best.

So yeah. There is no translation coming any time soon. The developer cant speak English and is currently working on the sequel which he wants to get done till February/March he told me.
I personally hooked the game up with the hook patcher and used Visual Novel Reader to translate the text that the hook patcher send to the notepad. Its machine translated, but if you get the settings right you have a solid 1:1 translation that is certainly not ideal but gives you an idea of what they are talking about.

I would do the translation, but first of all I can't speak the moonspeak ( :p ) and second of all I wouldnt know how to seamlessly patch the text in to appear in the game at the right moments. So I wouldnt really be able to translate it properly. The game is rather long, so translations - especially if you also translate the flavor-text of repeat scenes (which is very well done and pretty spicy at times) - is gonna take a while for anyone. Plus the menu has to be translated separately cause there are different layers of feedback and combat log, etc, etc.

My recommendation, if you want a quick fix, scroll some pages back and look for the hook patcher. Follow the instructions, get yourself a Visual Novel translating tool and set it up for the game. The advantage is you can bascially do the exact same thing with any other not-translated RPG Maker MV game you find online.

If you want a proper translation where grammar and sentence structure are somewhat polished and dont sound dumb then we have to wait for someone being interested to translate the game. Our friend here who wanted to translate it stepped down because Kagura was supposedly translating this anyway. But atm I think this translation is so far off that waiting for it would be in vain. We are talking about years of wait time.

If anyone is interested in translating this, that would be awesome. To be honest if you contact the dev and talk to him in Japanese you might even end up contributing to any official translation that will come in the future. Translators are hard to come by after all. (I linked the developers twitter a couple of pages earlier)

Bryanis

Reputation score
Kagura games just officially anounced the translation of the game under the name "The Curse of Kubel ".
page up.

And of course, no release date.

zipetya

Reputation score
Kagura games just officially anounced the translation of the game under the name "The Curse of Kubel ".
page up.

And of course, no release date.
...Still a huge plus in my books!
Hope they put a priority team on this...

Go Kagura Gee! We need You!

Bryanis

Reputation score
Well, the english localization on steam was announced by the dev nearly one year ago, but no new after that, so they might have already got some decent work done on it - but it's a text heavy game....

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Some days ago i saw it on the coming up projects part in their home page, but it was taken down for some reason, hopefully it come sout this year

Term444

Reputation score
With that timeline, it might be coming out close to the sequel
Im game really, just means I can get the sequel immediately. And if it sells well Kagura might pick up that one as well.

Steffie

Reputation score
Looks like it might be the next game they release a translation of, it's the first on the list!

Sitas

Reputation score
Looks like it might be the next game they release a translation of, it's the first on the list!
That order means nothing.
"Princess Never Lose!" was in the third row and "Dark Hero Party" was in the last one and they got released before the other games.

Kuro

Lurker
Reputation score
That order means nothing.
"Princess Never Lose!" was in the third row and "Dark Hero Party" was in the last one and they got released before the other games.
Yeah, it still depends on which game is nearing completion first I think. So better to just wait for their actual announcements to be sure.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Considering the amount of text in the game and the anoucement date for the work being worked on, I highly doubt it'll be the next one released.

zipetya

Reputation score
Well, what I USED to do to try and figure the order they will be coming out, is look at Kagura on Steam, and there you will see "Coming soon" and "TBA" for the upcoming releases, and I always assumed that "Coming soon" will be...erm...coming sooner than the "TBA" ones.

But since Ruins Seeker was a "TBA" until a few days ago (or maybe only a few hours?), that just threw a wrench into my BRILLIANT calculations...
Also, damn, I'm really happy about Ruins Seeker getting the release in five days!! Booooyah!

Anyhoo, yeah, regarding the release date of this game, I guess "Eff if I know *shrug emoji*!" is the correct response.

Kuro

Lurker
Reputation score
Well, what I USED to do to try and figure the order they will be coming out, is look at Kagura on Steam, and there you will see "Coming soon" and "TBA" for the upcoming releases, and I always assumed that "Coming soon" will be...erm...coming sooner than the "TBA" ones.

But since Ruins Seeker was a "TBA" until a few days ago (or maybe only a few hours?), that just threw a wrench into my BRILLIANT calculations...
I used to think the same as well. Maybe they managed to complete Ruins Seeker earlier and so bumped it to the top of the queue?
For this game let's see their next announcement.