What's new

RPG RPG Maker NTR [やさぐれ喫煙所] クベルの首枷病 (The Curse of Kubel) (RJ255342)

FrogFrozen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Reading things here, it sounds like the official translation is real? The fantranslation is definitely real. I'm the 2nd guy from it.

I was gone for awhile. Had to fly halfway across the globe to help protect my brother's house and kids from his crazy ex-wife while she violated the restraining order. Couldn't really work on the translation while I was there. I come back and things have gone to hell.

I made the call to drop the translation because he told me there was an official translation from Kagura Games. I didn't want to get in the way of the official translation. However, after reading his messages on the other thread, it made me think he might have been lying to me. So, I looked at this thread and their official websites to check if the official translation was real. I don't know what the fuck this guy's been saying while I was away, but most of its got nothing to do with me and some of its just flat-out lies.

He said it became a full translation, but it never did. He also said that we were going to continue translating it, but we were going to keep it among ourselves. We haven't even spoken to each other since we decided to drop it.

Felt I needed to speak out since this has gotten out of hand and he started speaking for me without consulting me or anything.

Term444

Reputation score
Hey at least someone here has intergrity.

Yeah here is the short of it. He said he forwarded the translation to you and you were checking it.
One or two people asked about it some days later, just to know whats up.
He said you arent responding.
I asked I think a couple of days after that.

He told us if we keep pissing him off there will be no translation and that he didnt owe us anything.
Most of us told him to chill and we didnt mean it like that.

Couple of days later he came back and said you guys did the translation but be keeping it to yourselves.
He made it sound like he was doing it out of spite because we pissed him off too much.
he was even saying that it was gonna be a full translation and its done completely but that we wont see any of it.
Seemed very weird and petty tbh.

Well anyway, thanks for clearing things up. Hope everything is okay with your family and stuff.
Have a nice day dude.

IC_21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Reading things here, it sounds like the official translation is real? The fantranslation is definitely real. I'm the 2nd guy from it.

I was gone for awhile. Had to fly halfway across the globe to help protect my brother's house and kids from his crazy ex-wife while she violated the restraining order. Couldn't really work on the translation while I was there. I come back and things have gone to hell.

I made the call to drop the translation because he told me there was an official translation from Kagura Games. I didn't want to get in the way of the official translation. However, after reading his messages on the other thread, it made me think he might have been lying to me. So, I looked at this thread and their official websites to check if the official translation was real. I don't know what the fuck this guy's been saying while I was away, but most of its got nothing to do with me and some of its just flat-out lies.

He said it became a full translation, but it never did. He also said that we were going to continue translating it, but we were going to keep it among ourselves. We haven't even spoken to each other since we decided to drop it.

Felt I needed to speak out since this has gotten out of hand and he started speaking for me without consulting me or anything.
So between you and cleanfeel are just Acquaintance?

By the way he said back then i thought you're good friend or something like that.

FrogFrozen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So between you and cleanfeel are just Acquaintance?

By the way he said back then i thought you're good friend or something like that.
Nah, this is my first time interacting with him. If you go back and look at the posts in the other thread, he was probably just showing me appreciation for helping him with something he was stumped on.

Cleanfeel had nearly all the files that were already done. On my end, I only have UI, the sex history diary, and maybe a few of the pop-ups at the bottom. If he doesn't want to share that stuff, I'd have to re-do it all if I were to finish the partial.

However, if this does really get picked up by KaguraGames, I'd rather take a look at making a partial for something else that's unlikely to get an official trans at all.

Last edited:

CobraPL

Demon Girl
Reputation score
However, if this does really get picked up by KaguraGames, I'd rather take a look at making a partial for something else that's unlikely to get an official trans at all.
Spiral Legend series, especially V, but it is still under development.
Partial, properly done, for any game, should IMHO cover especially names, objectives, choices.
After playing Spiral Legend V,IV,III for over 100h I see these areas as most important.

FrogFrozen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Partial, properly done, for any game, should IMHO cover especially names, objectives, choices.
After playing Spiral Legend V,IV,III for over 100h I see these areas as most important.
Was actually interested in that series. Haven't played them, but I do already have 1 and 2 on this computer. Dunno how complex their script is, though.

Also, tried talking to Cleanfeel to get his files. He complained, left the Discord channel, and blocked me. Probably not getting that stuff from him.

IC_21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nah, this is my first time interacting with him. If you go back and look at the posts in the other thread, he was probably just showing me appreciation for helping him with something he was stumped on.

Cleanfeel had nearly all the files that were already done. On my end, I only have UI, the sex history diary, and maybe a few of the pop-ups at the bottom. If he doesn't want to share that stuff, I'd have to re-do it all if I were to finish the partial.

Mind to share it? To be honest that is the most important for me since the conversation is easy to hook but the sex diary and the text when she have sex but not unlock new scene is too hassle to hook

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Was actually interested in that series. Haven't played them, but I do already have 1 and 2 on this computer. Dunno how complex their script is, though.

Also, tried talking to Cleanfeel to get his files. He complained, left the Discord channel, and blocked me. Probably not getting that stuff from him.
Start with 3 xD, ok more seriously start by any BUT five, its reat and all b ut the author plans to add tons of content like the others so is better to wait

IC_21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Start with 3 xD, ok more seriously start by any BUT five, its reat and all b ut the author plans to add tons of content like the others so is better to wait
There is planned additional content for Spiral legend V?

CobraPL

Demon Girl
Reputation score
III is the best not counting V. IV is big disappointment:
Not only I had to finish 3 routes + true one (I used @comradered 's save to make it shorter), but blond girl "NTR" is fucking best1al1ty. Complete shit IMO.
While II lacks NTR and I is easy to be lost (I was in first minutes).
@IC_21 yes, V will have both bugfix and content upgrade.

V is best w/o any doubt. If any1 knows how to easily maintain translation of contantly fixed/upgraded product, then V is better.
EDIT:
"Ver1.14 is scheduled to be submitted on the morning of August 17th. "

Last edited:

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
III is the best not counting V. IV is big disappointment:
Not only I had to finish 3 routes + true one (I used @comradered 's save to make it shorter), but blond girl "NTR" is fucking best1al1ty. Complete shit IMO.
While II lacks NTR and I is easy to be lost (I was in first minutes).
@IC_21 yes, V will have both bugfix and content upgrade.

V is best w/o any doubt. If any1 knows how to easily maintain translation of contantly fixed/upgraded product, then V is better.
EDIT:
"Ver1.14 is scheduled to be submitted on the morning of August 17th. "
He is likely to be a 2.x in less than a year xD

FrogFrozen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If people really want what little there is, I could post the translation for the UI and sex diary. None of the skills are translated, though.

I can take a look at Spiral Legend. Can't promise if I'll do it or not. Even if I choose to do it, don't expect anything fast. I'm medical personnel about to start some more classes. Medical classes eat your whole schedule, so I won't have much time till December.

Thing I'm questioning though, am I to be given access over the OP in the translation thread or should I just make a new one? This sort of situation doesn't happen often and I'm not sure how this site wants me to do it.

Term444

Reputation score
I mean thats fine, from what Ive seen its mostly potions anyway.
And if IC_21 can explain to us how to hook the normal dialogue or does it themselves we would be golden.

As for Cleanfeel. No offense, but the more I hear about him/her the more they seem like a child to me.

IC_21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Term444

Reputation score
I did try this when it became clear we werent gonna get a translation. I followed the steps issued in the thread and managed to establish the hook itself.
Unfortunately the VNR does simply not even start when I click the exe
And the ChiiTranslate Lite I have does not seem to pick up anything from the clip logger. there is just nothing in both Windows that I can even select.

Forgive me, but this would literally be the first time I use something like this, so I guess Im doing something wrong.

IC_21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
> Unfortunately the VNR does simply not even start when I click the exe

yeah you must manually hook the VNR at hook patcher not the game

Term444

Reputation score
Weird, I was pretty sure I did that already.

So you need to build in the clip logger so it registers the game, right?
And then I opened everything, the ChiiTranslate Lite included and clicked on the clip logger window as intructed.
But the number entry for the clip logger did never appear. I played the game a bit (cause it said it might take a while) but it never happened.

As for the VNR, I remember downloading the necessary program and clicking the exe and it did nothing (while the game and clip logger were open).
It didn even start the programm. No window, nothing. Id quite know how I can manually hook them. Do they need to be in the same folder, do I need to write a reference to the path somewhere?

Term444

Reputation score
Dude is making a sequel btw, apparently with 2 protagonists.
:D

---

also here is the translation of the Steam-related tweet by the developer:

(first two paragraphs is the OG tweet, the last one is an answer to someone asking for an English translation this year)

---

Personally, Im just interested in this dudes games. His art (or the art of his artist) seems very nice. He just knows how to make a picture interesting and meaningful. There is room for improvement but he has the right touch for me. As for the story, cant say anything yet, but the overall scenarios seem very fascinating and well thought out for me. Even the gameplay design has something unique.

Last edited:

FrogFrozen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'll post this in both threads. I checked something in the files and I've decided to actually just drop the lines I've completed and not make a new thread.

So, the UI itself needs a version-by-version update because of how he manages it. Since Kagura games has now confirmed to have picked it up, I'd rather move on to something unlikely to get official trans or are already done updating.

I'll probably look at Spiral Legend, but first do a small one or two just to get used to these new tools I grabbed. I already decided on the small ones. Spiral Legend work likely won't start until December because medical classes. Unless someone else comes forward to work on them before then.

For now, this only works for version 1.10 (Current version is 1.20). The link to the incomplete partial is in my signature.

P.S. It is not a patch file, so you need to extract the game data. It is unclear if these files even work because they're from a test copy of the partial we were doing as he had the patch files. If it doesn't work, I could try to recreate it as a patch file for version 1.00.