What's new

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
K. Facts:
a) We really, really need a Shiro no Yakata thread
b) I would create it, but I'm 99% sure I won't support a pay-per-month-before-it's-finished work - though the hardworking Zell prolly is (one of) the most reliable dev out there. It's a must-buy once it's out, though.

So, here is a wannabe OP, so someone can create the new thread with minimal effort (preferably one who has access to the demo, as opposed to someone who can only scrounge for 2nd-hand, unreliable information)
[Zell23] 『シロノヤカタ』 Shiro no Yakata
title.jpg
DLsite: TBA

Shiro no Yakata ~= The white Mansion
A sexy horror platformer by Zell (known for FOBS - https://ulmf.org/threads/zell23-forest-of-the-blue-skin.6948/)
Currently in development, the game will follow the steps of a young man trying to escape a monster-infested mansion.
The game will not feature Ryona, blood or 'direct death'; most bad ends will be about our MC being drained (sexually) or leaving the actual outcome to our imagination ( )

Zell (general blog):
Zell (fantia):
Zell (enty):

201908230924573ac.gif flyeye2.gif G_bird.gif

Gameplay/controls: TBA
Probably similar to FOBS, with likely emphasis on puzzle solving and stealth/escaping.
MC will be able to use a few tools, like a scapegoat substitute, an invisibility cape or a magic (scan?) crystal

<to be filled> You can access the current demo by [...] on [that site]
Please note that Zell expressedly asked for videos, spoilers, etc. about Shiro no Yakata to be kept to a minimum.

Contents:
Fully animated pixel art, Horror, Monster Girls, Reverse Rape, Game Over Rape
PS: I won't delete this, as it could break some links to the images... I think? So feel free to C/P at your convenience.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
In the latest blog post, he discusses some characters that he introduced, but never made it into the game(s) whether it was animation he was unhappy with, couldn't find a place to put them, never finished animations, or is using for other projects. Kinda neat, especially the alien looking chick who's tits get larger the more semen she consumes.

At the very bottom is an image of a game Zell said was made 7 years ago, before FOBS. Some characters were brought over, but my concern is finding out what this game was. I never heard of it.

Edit: I'm running back several years on the blog and finding all sorts of neat animations from long ago. If there is a "read more" option, it usually seems to lead to some sort of additional animation or images. Cool.

labov

Reputation score
In the latest blog post, he discusses some characters that he introduced, but never made it into the game(s) whether it was animation he was unhappy with, couldn't find a place to put them, never finished animations, or is using for other projects. Kinda neat, especially the alien looking chick who's tits get larger the more semen she consumes.
I'm kinda sad the spider girl never made it to FOBS. Have a thing for those, and she looks cute in the picture. Also the Jiangshi would cater to my interests, tho it's clear why it didn't make it. The rest, eh.

But it is cool to take a look under the hood of his creative process!

Grimm_troupe_master

Reputation score
can i get the password for the v1.16a english translation? i this version before but it got lost and i don't remember the password.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
I don't recall anyone saying anything about a big Christmas surprise. Don't really know why'd you be expecting something if he hasn't said anything about it.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I don't recall anyone saying anything about a big Christmas surprise. Don't really know why'd you be expecting something if he hasn't said anything about it.
It's ok. He hyped himself up then disappointed himself.

Nieldoe

Lurker
Reputation score
I mean last year he at the very least wished people a happy holidays. I think we can all agree that the the development of all of his games have been too slow for everyone's liking.

I'll judge based on the fantia content in a few days though. In any way I've jumped off of the subscription for now 🙃

Aesthetic

Reputation score
You get what you pay for.
Actually. I don't think that sentimentality works when donating to creatives though. If you give Zell a billion dollars, he's not going to just immediately give you 3 complete games. All you're doing in the end is helping free their time at least a little so they can focus on the game instead of not dying. They usually also use the money to license music and get outside help in the case of unexpected circumstances.

I mean last year he at the very least wished people a happy holidays. I think we can all agree that the the development of all of his games have been too slow for everyone's liking.

I'll judge based on the fantia content in a few days though. In any way I've jumped off of the subscription for now 🙃
His twitter hasn't been active for a bit as well, and he's usually a pretty active member of the community. Either something happened to him in real life, or he's super focusing on the mansion game. I think his passion for FOBS as a whole has been slowly dwindling even though he still works on it. He did do a lot with the theme though.

Reputation score
His twitter hasn't been active for a bit as well, and he's usually a pretty active member of the community. Either something happened to him in real life, or he's super focusing on the mansion game. I think his passion for FOBS as a whole has been slowly dwindling even though he still works on it. He did do a lot with the theme though.
It's also the holiday season, so I'd expect nothing short of a little inactivity.

Oh hey there's a new demo for the horror game, looks like he's been working on that

kill mi nao

Reputation score
Actually. I don't think that sentimentality works when donating to creatives though. If you give Zell a billion dollars, he's not going to just immediately give you 3 complete games. All you're doing in the end is helping free their time at least a little so they can focus on the game instead of not dying. They usually also use the money to license music and get outside help in the case of unexpected circumstances.

Money is a motivation for every devs

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
How much does Zel ask for this game?
FOBS is free.

He started it as a flash project where he put his animation together.
It was basically a pixel art viewer, no actual gameplay.

But you know, he already had a guy running around to sex girls so he made it more complicated, and then more complicated, and then more complicated. He actually got attention relatively fast. By his 3rd demo he was a force to be reckoned with and games that he advertised on his blog got A LOT of exposure. Sequel Awake's success is attributed to Zell helping market.

Basically the mentality that FOBS isn't really a game is half-stuck in Zell's consciousness I think. He doesn't make the gameplay too complex and he meanders on themes.

His in development game, is designed from the ground up as a complete experience. This means he has theme he's going to stick to, and a general aesthetic sense he'll follow. We haven't seen any adult scenes from it, and don't know how long it'll be, but it's safe to say it'll be a considerably lengthed game with how much time he's sleeping on it. Considering it's an action game still it probably won't be more than a 2 hour play session though. I'm pretty sure he's going to charge for Shiro no Yakata as he's already charging for the demo on his Fantia/Ci-En pages.