What's new

ACT Enty Fantia [Zell23] 『シロノヤカタ』/ Shiro no Yakata

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
SA dev just posted on Ci-En that 'production' will begin on SA2 after the release of SNY, so now we can safely say that SNY is the team's priority right now.

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
hi can someone give me a link to download the latest version of shiro no yakata?

Dry-Drop

Demon Girl
Reputation score
hi *************************************************************?
Hi, Welcome to the forum, please read the rules and edit your comment before you get forced into a one week mandatory vacation to reflect on your actions.

Edit: I tried to warn them... But they wouldn't listen... They just wouldn't listen...

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The SA dev made a post on Ci-en for Shiro No Yakata, but it looks very much like SA in that orbs of energy are being fired at the protagonist. I have to say that i do not approve of SNY being a combat game if that is the direction it is headed, it seems like it would be more like SA with horror elements, whereas i would prefer a horror game with escape / evasion elements.

SA as a game is too fast-paced for a game like this, which i originally believed wanted to be more narrative and puzzle focused. Hopefully this is just showing the enemies attacking the hero and hes not going to pull out an energy sword or use mind bullets to depend himself, that would cause me to significantly lose interest in the game.

*EDIT*

So i read the post a little more closely and it seems like it will indeed be a combat-oriented game that is similar to the mold of SA talking about projectile speed and stats like speed and power. Very disappointing. I was hoping this game would be special but i guess Zell decided to give gameplay control over to the SA dev who seems to have turned the game into a horror-based SA. SA is an alright game, but its not a reverse rape game, more than half of the sex in SA is consensual, i just don't like the SA dev's creative influence over this game rn. Any gameplay system that isn't oriented primarily around sex takes away from the experience. FOBS has physical attacks but all of the monsters use sex attack or debilitating attacks on the hero, i'm not sure how enemies firing energy orbs at the hero makes the game more sex-based. Very irritated.

Last edited:

mikceron

Demon Girl
Reputation score
SA as a game is too fast-paced for a game like this, which i originally believed wanted to be more narrative and puzzle focused. Hopefully this is just showing the enemies attacking the hero and hes not going to pull out an energy sword or use mind bullets to depend himself, that would cause me to significantly lose interest in the game.
Agree, but so far (at least) mc was not shown fightin in any way, so it still might be more focused on avoiding enemies and effects they can put on you (as in previous post he talked about maids relieving mc of it) also prior was mentions of patrolling enemies, so it might be if they see you they fuck you up with bubbles or something and than rape. What i mean is it still might be a bit in style of Castle of Temptation-ish. But i'm not quite understand part about equipment, he say in SA we only produced items in this one you will find equipment (Clothes and accessories are planned) ? And some temporary resistance abilities given by maids?

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Dev said on Ci-en that you won't be able to fight back as much as in SA, which is encouraging, but i would still prefer the protagonist to be a helpless victim rather than have any ability to attack back.

TripleAwe13

Reputation score
Hi guys... Is there a guide to how to play the game?
I don't know japanese very well...

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I guess he just didn't have the imagination to create a horror-themed game. If you look at a work like Castle of Temptation, which doesn't have any 'action' combat, we know that its possible but i guess even the combined efforts of two people, the best they could come up with is a horror-themed SA.

Nieldoe

Lurker
Reputation score
I guess he just didn't have the imagination to create a horror-themed game. If you look at a work like Castle of Temptation, which doesn't have any 'action' combat, we know that its possible but i guess even the combined efforts of two people, the best they could come up with is a horror-themed SA.
I mean looking at the first test versions he did have what it takes. This was a case of a co-dev influencing the vision too much and making the game more "marketable" than what it otherwise would have been by being a niche design.

Gonna hold back on my usual anti-corporate spiel right here and how it corrupts art in the worst ways but I'm just gonna voice my immense disappointment and absorb the inspiration left behind for my own designs, hawhawhawhaw >:D

bepis

Reputation score
wew for a sec i thought he was cancelling the game

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I mean looking at the first test versions he did have what it takes. This was a case of a co-dev influencing the vision too much and making the game more "marketable" than what it otherwise would have been by being a niche design.

Gonna hold back on my usual anti-corporate spiel right here and how it corrupts art in the worst ways but I'm just gonna voice my immense disappointment and absorb the inspiration left behind for my own designs, hawhawhawhaw >:D
As soon as they added jumping to the game I started getting worried.

I think Zell hates programming so he's making a lot of concessions to Answerer.
Answerer is a guy that doesn't really like monstrous designs which is why Succubus Affection's girls are very humanoid for the most part.
He's also a guy that leans more into the male dominant side of things which is why Succubus Affection's design leans in to that aspect of capturing girls.

It reminds me of ROBF.
The illustrator for that and the programmer are different sexually. When the ROBF programmer went on his own, he made a maledom traditional rape game with FeMC. Illustrator drew what he usually draws.

The thing is tho, that in the case of ROBF the programmer had full say over the game's core design.
When Zell has ideas on a design level he's able to incorporate the femdom element in the game design. Stuff like the mummy in FOBS where you literally can't escape if you don't do an esoteric puzzle correctly, or the shadow portal demon, or the roach girl pits.

I commented on their ci-en before the twitter post and this is what I got.

So yeah, it seems the change happened when the project became a team project.

And we have extremely humanoid maid characters, and an "unknown" that's basically just a succubus.

Unknowns in FOBS were the creepy things that you couldn't define as monster girls really. The Red thing that walked and forced you into doggystyle for instance, and the mummy too since you never see under the bandages.

So it's pretty clear that Answerer is affecting the game's vision.

Zell is capitulating too easily.

Though it's also true that Zell had no defined vision for the game. In one of SnY's early blogposts on Ci-En there was a question of... "what type of game will SnY be?" Asked by Answerer to Zell. All Zell could do was make vague gestures to other horror games like Clocktower and such. It seems like he never had a firm plan for how the game would play. He only had an idea for how it would feel. He's just attracted to the aesthetics of horror and didn't realize that.

Kredyn's Drain Mansion, and Castle of Temptation are carrying the torch he originally lit tho. What's got me most concerned about all this is that the more dependent Zell gets on Answerer on a development standpoint, the less Zell we'll see in his works. Obviously Zell's nature won't disappear, but I personally don't want a mix of Zell and Answerer. I don't agree with Answerer sexually for the most part. Even though Zell goes too far sometimes(for my tastes) with actual hideous girls or Vore, I'd much prefer the game feels more like him than Answerer.

mikceron

Demon Girl
Reputation score
When Zell has ideas on a design level he's able to incorporate the femdom element in the game design. Stuff like the mummy in FOBS where you literally can't escape if you don't do an esoteric puzzle correctly, or the shadow portal demon, or the roach girl pits.
Could been a metroidvania or fobs where you have bunch of locations, but can't progress some until find a certain item (flashlight or something). So you will be exploring locations while spooky scenes happen. What i mean is you have scene from horror movie or game and seexualize it (or attach to some mg) for example Lone survivor had couple weird scenes or in Nightmare house 2 you have moment where you through corridor to dead end then go back and there dead and as well so the space becomes smaller and smaller in 2d with dim lightning possible to do this and you change scene so at the end some mg appears from ceiling but it blind or something and you just need to avoid her for a bit while she roams this small space. Or similar to moment from same game you through corridor and see your buddy behind window in room waving to you, but as get in room there is that wooden doll instead of him or something.
¯\_༼ ಥ ‿ ಥ ༽_/¯ when waited for Silent Hill and will probably get Evil Within.

Reputation score
I still think it will be a good game regardless, and I am excited for it. Zell is a great artist and I know the designs and H scenes will be good