What's new

Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

Fletch grins and starts to hum the old Spiderman tune as he climbs up Tower 9. Just gotta make it up there. If River's only using human strength I can handle her.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Looking up at the sound of River's voice, Izzy finds her a little distracted with Eve, which works fine for her. She then sets about slicing downward through the netting from as high up as she can reach.

((Essentially making a flap, attached only at the top when she's done.))

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve did something distinctly not ladylike and gave River the finger. Then she started climbing tower 9. I don't care if I win, she thought. I just don't want to be thought of as just another loser with a pretty face.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Grinning Ronny starts climbing one of the sides of the middle tower, whichever seems free. "You know it'll be a lot easier once we're up there, if we work together to take our sire down."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve grinned in Ronny's direction as she kept climbing, "I like that idea. Anyone else?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"That's, well, part of the plan." Given that it's fairly obvious what Izzy is up to, if one is an intelligent individual. Seems she's intending to help. It's just taking her a little longer.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well good then," Ronny says as he concentrates on climbing at the same pace as Eve so as to arrive at the same time.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Keh, I'd tell them I'd help, but I don't want River to notice me. Eh, I'll help them if they get near the top at the same time I do. Rashar thinks as he continues to climb.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Seeing as Ronny is still a short ways from the top, Eve stays put on top of her tower for the time being. River laughs as she listens to the conversation, seeming to be having a fun time. "Good, teamwork is good!" She said, winding up and throwing the rock straight down the one side of her tower, straight at Rashar.
Caught somewhat by surprise, Rashar takes the rock to his head, becoming visible to the rest of the group the instant it connects, and loses his grip on the netting, though he manages to catch it again only a short ways down. "Nice try, but you aren't as sneaky as you think!" She calls out with another laugh.
Izzy makes her current cuts alright, and everyone else keeps their head down and climbs, making steady progress.

((Rashar, 1 bashing damage and drop ten feet, love River ;)

Figure it's time for a small update, so everyone knows where they are:
1- Rosary, 0ft
4- Izzy, 0ft
6- Byron, top=35ft
8- Eve, top=45ft
9- Rashar, 30ft- Fletch, 30ft Ronny, 40 ft, River, top))

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

After taking a quick moment to examine there situation while continuing his climb Ronny yells to the others. "All right me and Eve will be the first wave. Byron, Fletch, and Rashar will be right behind us for the second wave. Izzy you just keep doing what ever it is you're planning (Guess I'm not very intelligent, cause I have no clue what you're doing)."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

((I'm thinking outside the box. Or around the boxes, in this case.))

Ronny hears a bark of laughter from the blonde's direction at that. "It'll make sense when I'm done!" What he doesn't hear is the "if it works" she mutters afterward. Stretching up as high as she can go for the most area, she starts sawing between the two slits that she made down the sides of the netting, her tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth as she works. Eventually, she lets out an irritated sound as the netting collapses over her head and she works herself free, balling it up as best she can, now looking for the most opportune use of her new tool, stuffing the old one (the exato, blade in) into her back pocket again.

Grashaboras

Lurker
Reputation score

Byron feels his hand reach the top of the palette-tower and pulls himself up with a fluent motion just in time to hear the crack of a stone hitting a head. Hoping that this means for him to have a second to look around, he carefully tries to estimate the distance to the next higher palette tower - trying to guess if he can take it with a leap.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Isn't this a 'there can only be one' deal", Fletch grumbles as he pushes his bulk further up the tower. As Rashar appears out of seemingly nowhere and falls down right next to him Fletch is almost startled enough to let go. Almost.

((Climb another 10 feet))

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve grinned and waited for Ronell, "Maybe so Fletch, but remember the "Dead Poets Society" movie? Let's be free thinkers for at least a little while!"

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch gives a short laugh as he climbs. "Do I look like I'd watch a movie about a bunch of dead poets?" Of course, most modern action movies are pretty much unwatchable for him as well. . . but medieval and fantasy flicks can give him the entertainment he needs without gunfire bringing back the less than pleasant memories.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

She giggled, "Fletch, I can't believe you never saw that. It has Robin Williams in it. Wonderful movie, be a free thinker!" she turned to River and saluted, "Captain my Captain!" She was having the time of her life with this. The only times when he had felt more free was during her life in the mountains.

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Rosary peeks out from behind the palettes she was sitting behind to look at the progress of the 'children.' She appeared quite bored. "Are you done yet?" she asked to no one in particular.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ow, hucking hitch. Dann that hurt. Rashar growls out as the rock hits his head and knocks him back down some of the way. After regaining his compsure, Rashar starts climbing again.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"And right now, that one isn't going to be River, not if we can help it," Izzy declares. Eve's laughter is getting infectious. "All for one, one for all!" can be heard as Izzy scoots around the perimeter of the boxes, balled up netting in hand. Once she gets to the base of Raven's tower, she takes a bit to tie the ends, tight enough to keep the ball shape but loose enough to come free with a little tug. "Hey, up there! Catch!" She backs up a few steps and, once he's paying attention, she heaves it upward, trying to get it to someone up higher that might be able to get a little more use out of the net.

Last edited:
OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Good question... *looks back, counts turns* ...Just reaching the top of tower seven as of last update ;) ))