What's new

Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

Claire tapped her fingers against the hood of the car, smiling slightly.
"We really should go get fed," she said carefully.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Eve and Fletch

The pair reached the cinema a few minutes later, but before they even reached the parking lot, they could tell that Fletch's tow truck wasn't there...

River's Group

River's iffy driving skills eventually parked them in the staff parking for Olymel, the pork production plant in the North-East industrial area of the city. "Alright, use your Obfuscation Rashar, and everyone follow me in." She says, getting out of the car.

Everyone Else

((Still standing around the parking lot, last I checked ;) ))

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh yummy pork. Good thing I'm not Islamic," Claire said sarcastically.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve groaned unhappily, "Looks like your truck is missing, and well..." she frowned, "I'm really getting hungry."

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

So higs hlood then? So he don't need to exclusively heed on hunans? Rashar asks inquisitively before finishing his reply, Ovhuscation? Hut's that? He asks, not having realized what he was doing the first time he used the ability.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

River's Group

River let out something akin to an exasperated sigh. "When you went invisible during King of the Hill at the warehouse. It will be easier if they don't know you're there. And yes, pig's blood. I've already said that we don't need to feed off only humans, just that they end up being the richest meal. This is the biggest producer of blood between Calgary and Edmonton, by a long shot. Pass some bills to the supervisor, and they look the other way while we perform a snap inspection of the drainage system." She explains, waiting for everyone to get set.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"And if he looks we make him disappear?" Claire asked, almost delightedly.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Sorry, my bad :/))

Ronny

Wandering into Whiskey 7, Ronny takes a look around. It seems pretty busy, most of the tables full and four bartenders working at a constant jog. There's classic rock coming out the sound system, and a good amount of people on the dance floor doing their thing.

((This goes for pretty much everyone wandering on their own or in small groups. I'm going to be as lenient as possible to make sure everyone gets fed, so go ahead and come up with an idea you like, and run with it. I'll moderate, but the story is yours here ;) ))

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy and Raven

Izzy laughed, tugging Raven after her and purposely not answering his question, at least for the time being. "Just walk with me. We'll find somewhere."

Leaving the others behind, she led the two of them down the street, dropping her pace to walk by his side rather than tugging him along as she had been. She waited until there were several blocks between them and their point of origin before she even began a conversation.

"Not that I don't want to find something to eat, too, I'm glad for the alone time. Not sure how much of it we're going to get. At least we don't have River with us and you don't have to pretend."

"Th-That's true. S-s-so were you s-serious about the d-d-date thing?"

She laughed. "Not really. I just figured we'd both need someth--er, one? What should I say, really?" She paused for a minute, thinking about that, and then waved it off. "Food. We both need food. Do you have anywhere in particular that you like? I mean, the Vat probably would be easy, but we already got chased away from there, even if River did seem to think it was okay."

When he didn't reply after a minute or so, she picked up her pace a little, moving around to stand in front of him. The action brought him to a stop. "Wh-What?"

"You didn't look like you were deciding on the best place to take me. You actually got that paralyzed look on your face again, like when I first talked to you on campus." Wow, had that really just been last night? She had to keep from shaking her head in disbelief.

"I-I-I'm not go-od with p-p-people. I d-don't usually hunt th-that way."

Izzy chewed on her bottom lip. "Animals, right?" He nodded and she knew she was making a face. "I..." she trailed out the word. "Don't know how comfortable I am with that. Honestly, I'd much rather find a...frat boy or something. I like animals more than I do them. Maybe it won't be so bad. I'll be with you."

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Rosary climbs out of the car, still obviously nervous about this whole thing. Especially at the mention of some possibly not-so-legal things about how they were getting the blood. But, too late to turn back. Even since the previous night it was too late to turn back....

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch's face parts as he pulls his lips back into a a vicious snarl - his fangs shimmer in the light of the lanterns outside the car. His fist rises for a moment, but since there's nothing to punch nearby that has deserved it it lowers after a long moment. "Yes", he replies in his hoarse voice. "Let's have dinner."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve and Fletch

"Damn. I wish I hadn't lost my cell phone." she grumbled, and then a grin stole over her face, "Let's go to Gaetz Lake Sanctuary, split up and find our breakfasts, yeah?" She knew Fletch wouldn't be comfortable in a club, so she thought of the next best thing, scaring the trousers off of someone in the Sanctuary.

(((Sounds fun eh, Shrike?)))

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eve and Fletch

"Sure thing," Fletch replies. "Either some hippie doing moon worshipping or a teenager or two. . . or both." The big man has rather liked eating when he was alive - and silently he wonders if he is going to enjoy this just as much. "Though, that's pretty close to the parks. I hope we're not stirring up a pack of werewolves out for a walk or something."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire put a hand on Rosay's shoulder. "Relax dear. Just breakfast time," she said quietly, before gently ruffling her hair.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve and Fletch

Eve nodded, "I wonder if different people taste different." she mused, "Like, do vegans taste better than someone who eats a hamburger every day?"

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ronny

(Thank yew:), hopefully this works.)

Entering into the busy bar Ronny does a quick scan of the room to see what would be the best approach for breakfast. While deciding on a plan he goes to the bar and orders a beer at least to keep up appearances if nothing else.

Finally he hits on an idea as he sees the perfect group at a table near the dance floor. One guy and one girl are obviously a couple, but the other two don't really seem to be hitting it off. The girl looking rather bookish and smart, while the guy seems your typical frat boy. Probably dragged here on a blind date by the other two.

Being as nonchalant as possible he times his move past the table just right so that he gets bumped slightly by some dancers. Sending his full beer all over the frat boy as he stumbles that way...

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy and Raven

Raven kept that look of panicked indecision on his face for a half moment more, then spoke up. "A-alright, I g-g-gues it's something you should l-learn anyways." He said. His decision made, he stood a little straighter and put on a bit of a smile. "Is there anywhere y-you used to go? B-b-before last night?" He asked.

Ronny

As expected, the jock jumped back and flipped out, while his date stifled a giggle. "The fuck's your problem, man?!" He yelled, hands balling into fists as he stood and glared at Ronny.

Eve and Fletch

Agreed on a course of action, the pair wandered off to the Bower Park, Eve parking in the lot beside the administration building, which was closed for the night. There were several cars and SUVs around, a couple with empty bike racks on them as well.

River's Group

"Not unless you want to Piss the prince off." River says with a chuckle. "Mr. High-and-Mighty has the entire management staff of the place ghouled to him. The entire place was his idea, as a way to reduce the instances of 'crime' in the city and promote growth."
As soon as everyone is out of the car and Rashar has cloaked himself, River leads the group inside, holding the door open for the other three. The door they've used appears to be a staff entrance, leading to an empty break room with a row of lockers along one wall. River walked over and started working on the lock, spinning the dial with a practiced speed. "Two, Fourty-two, four." She says out loud, letting the others know the combination.

Inside the locker was a stack of nearly twenty safetey helmets, taking up the entire space from top to bottom, minus the small shelf on top. On that shelf was a small clipboard with a small amount of papers on it. River handed out helmets to Claire and Rosary, taking one for herself. "For appearances, those without appearance don't need one." She said, grabbing the clipboard. The first page looked to be some sort of report, but she flipped right past it and everyone saw that every sheet past the first was tear-off sections. She started writing all their names in one section, making sure they were legible...

Everyone Else

((Still sitting around the parking lot? Byron's character is doing his piece through AIM for convenience, who else is there left?))
((Gah, wrong button, editing the rest in :/))

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy and Raven

"Well, I liked the Vat, but again, rather not press our luck. Maybe we could find somewhere out of the way. Let me think." She gently tugs on his hand again, no sense in just standing around. "I have a few places I do like going, but if we're going to do this, I'd rather not have the regular staff realize that weird things happen whenever we show up. So, let's see, where else could we go?"

She mutters softly to herself as they walk, debating the pros and cons of various "watering holes" the can be found nearby. She wants to find somewhere that's busy enough that they won't draw too much attention but not so crowded that her Sire would freeze up.

"I've got it. How do you feel about Guiness?" she asked him with a grin.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy and Raven

Raven actually managed a chuckle at that. "B-bad aftertaste, b-b-but all beer's like th-that. I think the Toad and T-T-Turtle has it on tap, if you th-think you want to try it. Most of us c-c-can't keep anything d-down for more than a few seconds..."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy and Raven

"I wasn't thinking about the Toad. I was thinking something else. Something that might help you, actually," she replies with a wink. He might understand when he spies the name of the pub that they're headed to. "We can't, huh? Well, you did make mention of something to that effect already. I'd rather not test the theory, so I guess we see how good my acting and slight-of-hand is."