What's new

Chapter 2 - The Calm Before the Storm

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 2 - The Calm Before the Storm

Fletch turns to Ronny and shakes his head. "Don't like it," he whispers. "You checked the hole in the floor yet?"

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ronny gets a smile on his face at the question, "Yeah I guess you could say I checked it out. That's where me and ugly fell through the floor, as long as he didn't find some way to pull the other half of that piece of wood out of his chest he should still be down there. Though it's dark as all fuck so I might have missed something."

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hmph. You didn't finish that ugly thing off?" Fletch shoots the hole in the ground a disapproving look. "Alright. I can do that see in the dark thing, so I guess I'll go check. You take a look around here again, I'd rather not have anything sneaking up on me. Or on anybody for that matter. Sounds good?"

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Nope but feel free to do so yourself. I'll keep a good eye out for anyone sneaking around up here." Ronny says as he moves as quietly as possible over to the kitchen door and takes a look around there. Still empty just like he left it, the door up form the basement sat open. Wait hadn't he closed that he thought for a second before shaking his head. Well you can't remember who the hell embraced you, why the hell would you remember if you had closed a door.

Once Fletch drops down into the basement and takes a look around with his glowing red eyes. He spots the Nossie laying at the bottom of the hole with a chunk of wood going straight through where his heart should be. The only other features of note in the basement are the stairs heading back up to the kitchen. He also notices another door hidden behind a large pile of furniture and boards which don't appear to have been disturbed for quite some time as the dust is laying pretty thick on everything.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire looks at Raven, then the dogs.

"Think it's a good idea River? To let these bad boys out for a stretch?" she asked. The other woman could speak to them apparently, or at least just listen, that could help with things. She'd have to learn how to do that someday.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch sneers and walks over to the body of the Nossie. "Fucking ugly piece of work," he growls under his breath. He closes his bear-like paws around the Nosferatu's skull, his claws piercing into its neck, places his foot on its shoulder and pulls back with as much force as possible.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

As Fletch pulls back with all his force his claws rip through the Nossie's head spurting gore and brains all over Fletch as he falls backwards. He briefly feels a wave of heat pass over him as though he were back in Iraq once again but after a few seconds he's able to fight the feeling off.

Ronny moves as quietly as possible and checks the rest of the kitchen out before moving over to open the back door, where he stands keeping an eye on the part of the front room that he can see and the basement door where Fletch is looking around.

The dogs meanwhile suddenly perk up and sniff the air after Raven and Izzy have left and suddenly start barking towards the door before they also take off toward the house as if they hear something.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"That's, not a good sound," Claire muttered before grasping her dropped shotgun and rushing off after the dogs towards the house, her claws digging into her palms as they curled around the weapon.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With a disgusted sound, Fletch gets back up and tries to brush the worst of the gore off his clothes. Really, he just wanted to tear this guy's head off, but this works just as well. He turns his attention to the hidden door and hmphs. Instead, he turns towards the stairs and climbs them, having the sense to say "It's Fletch" before opening the door.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Bless you?" The blonde looks over at her sire as he speaks the clan name, arching a brow a little. She vaguely remembered him and River going over the clan with them, but it was still a strange sounding word to hear.

Whatever is decided to do with the dogs, she leaves up to the other two. Now that they know the plan, she'll twine fingers with Raven and head back to check on Ronny and Fletch.

"They're a little beat up, but fine. And they know what's up, so they should be along pretty soon."

She'll tell that to Ronny and he can see the question in her eyes when she doesn't see Fletch right away, given how hard he is to miss. She will cock her head to the side, perhaps hearing his moving around in the hole, but she's waiting on a more definite answer. Of course, the sound of barking dogs distracts her from that, attention torn at that point between the approaching beasts and the sound of the basement door opening. At least she's not jumpy enough to have needed the big man's warning, but still, there's a lot going on at once and she's trying to stay alert to it all.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

River shrugs, and is about to answer when the dogs rush out of the barn and towards the farmhouse. "Guess it doesn't matter now. Shall we join them?" She comments, hopping off the haybale and heading over to the two bodies she was responsible for. "I'll just be a second." She says as she turns the female over and starts digging in her pockets.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Raven managed to crack a small smile at Izzy's comment before following her back to the house. As they got back to the house he stopped though and just followed along like he normally did, though he didn't seem so bothered by Ronny being nearby anymore. When the dogs come tearing through he steps out of the way and pulls Izzy away as well to keep her from being knocked over.

When Ronny sees the questioning look in Izzy's eyes he nods towards the door and says, "He's checking out the basement again since he can see a lot better in the dark." When the dogs come running through they practically knock Ronny and the others over before stopping and barking up towards the second floor of the house. "Great, more dogs. I swear everyone in my apartment building has one and they can't stand me. It's all clear Fletch." He adds before moving to look back into the front room where the dogs are barking.

River doesn't find much in the pockets of either body, but each of them does wear a matching wedding band. ((Assuming you were looking for souvenirs and not something else. Also quick question River hasn't been using Auspex has she?))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((She tends to rely on Auspex 1 pretty heavily, but she hasn't been using the second level at all since she took out the guard, nope. Of course, if I didn't say it at the time, it didn't happen, as far as I'm concerned, so don't feel you have to catch me up on 'stuff I noticed at the time'. And yep, she's after souvenirs all right))

After her quick search, River takes the two rings, sticks them around a smaller bone spike on the tzimisce, then breaks that off and sticks it in a pocket. After that, she climbs to the top of the barn and starts watching for any traffic inbound. Since the other group decided to pause for a breather, any sabbat upstairs would have had more than enough time to call for reinforcements. If they did, there'd be enough of them to make fighting suicidal. If that happens, she plans on warning the rest and getting them all the hell outta dodge.

((Will sit up there under obfuscate until needed. I may hit a period of inactivity, so this is a good way to sideline her for the time being.))

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy seems a bit more relaxed, now that Raven and Ronny aren't posturing around one another. She does let out a small noise, though, as he pulls her out of the way of the stampeding dogs. As they start barking, she winces. "Hopefully if there's anything up there, they'll think this is normal," she mutters. "Shall we go check it out?" She looks to the others before heading to the stairs, cautiously laying a hand on the back of one of the dogs. "Easy now," she murmurs. Her eyes narrow for a second and then she slides her hand up to behind the dog's ears, scratching and getting it's attention. "Easy. It's all right. What's up there? What do you smell?" To Fletch and Ronny, it sounds like she's actually growling and barking, but she (hopefully) seems to have the attention of the thing.

(Feral whispers on the dog.)

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, great," Fletch grumbles, commenting on Izzy's bark bark woof, and turns to Ronny. "There's another door down there, hidden behind a bunch of crates. Doesn't look like somebody's been in there for a long time though. Could be just a storage room of the previous owners or something."

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

((Alright, though it turns out not to be that important since River didn't go inside. Might have heard a whistle before the dogs took off but that's not really important since everyone probably already figured out that they were called.))

From her spot on the roof River can see pretty much everything of the surrounding area. She sees the occasional headlights pass by on the road but it seems as though no one as called for help as none of them stop or turn toward the house.

The dog turns to Izzy and licks her face before saying, "Whistle called." After that both dogs stop barking and sit at the base of the stairs as if waiting for something, though they do growl a little as Ronny comes behind them and looks up the stairs with the shotgun ready. Raven has followed beside her as well and is looking up the stairs as well.

"All right after we check out upstairs I can go down and move the stuff from in front of that door easily enough." Ronny says to Fletch as he looks up the stairs. "So what's got the dogs all riled up besides me, and how come I'm the only vampire in town who seems to be hated by animals?" The second question is more just him mumbling to himself as he tries to remember if River said anything about animals or not.

None of them can see very far up the stairs from where they stand as they turn at a right angle right after the first floor before heading upstairs. the rest of the room meanwhile remains much as it did the last time they went through.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Gleh!" She wasn't expecting that and wipes the lick off of her face. At Ronny's one question, she looks up at him. After glancing back to the stairs, she keeps her voice rather low. "Someone whistled for them, so there's obviously someone up there that knows the dogs are here and may have had a reason to call them." She doesn't seem to have an answer to the second one, even if it is rhetorical. "Who's going up first?"

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch looks from one to another and waits for a moment. "Somebody with a gun. Maybe Ronny here," he points his chin at the kindred. "He knows how to secure a building. Same with Claire."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Taking off after the dogs Claire runs up towards the house, reloading her shotgun as she moves. One shell directly into the chamber, action forward, more in the magazine.

As she enters the house, shotgun held loosely in hands cut open by her own claws, she moves to the bottom of the staircase, just in time to hear Izzy talking to the pups, and Ronny's comment about not being liked by animals.

"It's just your oh so charming personality," she muttered, sliding up beside him, gun ready as Fletch points out that she and Ronny both have guns, and both know some room clearing drills.

"Don't want to volunteer yourself? I'm sure you know this shit too if you weren't such a sissy about firearms... well who ever's coming let's go," Claire said starting her way up the stairs.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

'I doubt it's my charm or we'd all be getting growled at."

Ronny remarkss as he steps up beside Claire looking carefully through the darkness as they head up the stairs. The stairwell seems remarkably dust free but other than that neither of them can see anything except for two open doorways at either side of the upstairs landing.

The dogs just continue to sit contentedly at the bottom of the stairs as Ronny and Claire make their way upstairs to check it out.