What's new

ACT Vore Ryona [D-Gate] ミリア戦記DX / Echidna Wars DX (RJ187640)

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Beyond that, I also plan to add new H, too, and not just adding more vore -- I'm totally down for some penetration.
Man after my own heart. As amazing a sprite artist D-Gate is for pulling me into a fetish I normally wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole, I always felt there was a missed opportunity for more "traditional" erotic content. Lizardmen and the bees in particular, but other monster girls as well (if you're open to futa) could benefit from penetration scenes (queen bee oviposition, perhaps?).
I've also envisioned a conclusive unbirthing scene with the last boss (despite her shtick being an endless loop), but lack the creative/artistic talent to bring it to reality.
Hope you can find someone to properly emulate the art style for new/expanded animations, this concept is a gold mine.

Last edited:

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hello there, everyone. I have been developing a mod of this game! It's called EverDriven, and I great plans for it.

There's a whole lot more where that came from, so if you're even remotely interested, It'd be great to have you.

(Disclaimer: I am not publicly redistributing the game or any mods of it. This isn't piracy. Thank you for understanding.)
Hey, not to rain on anyone's parade but do you think asking the D-Gate guys if they're fine with it would be a good idea?
Normally I wouldn't care because I'm a big fan of game modding but the hentai game creators-westerners relationship tends to be in a weird place and I'd just hate it to get worse, especially since D-Gate are working on a new game if I recall correctly.

Reputation score
Hey, not to rain on anyone's parade but do you think asking the D-Gate guys if they're fine with it would be a good idea?
Normally I wouldn't care because I'm a big fan of game modding but the hentai game creators-westerners relationship tends to be in a weird place and I'd just hate it to get worse, especially since D-Gate are working on a new game if I recall correctly.
Your concern is absolutely valid. For both legal and personal reasons, I have to be extremely ambiguous about the communication (or lack thereof) with the original developers, but I strongly assure you that as it stands, I have not been denied and am doing everything in my power to not tread on them. And I'm not just saying that; I've known this circle for the better part of 6 years, and I truly intend to honor them.

YooEllEmmEffu

Lurker
Reputation score
I remembered seeing fanart of Usaco getting her ass destroyed by the lizardmen and thinking "man thats so hot I really wish this was in the actual game!" Looking forward to the mod's progress.

Reputation score
What engine does this game use?
Asimofu had used it for Mirea Wars the first and every version of Fromage that he released years ago. Since HSP is a branch/extension of BASIC, it's relatively easy to work with -- minus the lack of proper OOP.

The only technical challenges left in developing the mod are fully understanding some of the libraries used -- specifically hmm.dll (used for drawing graphics) and hspda.dll (used for reading/writing small, customized archive files like save files, map files, and animation files). I've tried to find some documentation on them, but as it's a Japanese engine, I could not find much. Someone more familiar with Japanese who knows how to properly Google in it might be able to find something. Alternatively, some fresh pairs of eyes looking at how the library functions are called in the game's code might be able to "reverse engineer" them anyway!

Last edited:

Evil Emperor Proteus

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
This is the best news I have heard in a long time. I would offer financial support for this project if possible. But I'd like to know what the possibilities are. What about new enemies and new attacks/animations for the existing ones?

One thing I have always wanted is for any Enemy to be able to swallow the Heroine from off the ground like some Enemies can, like the bosses and the Delta/Slug. The Worm, Honey Larva and Lambda in particular would be very good for this. For example, if a Heroine is knocked down, the Honey Larva could just squirm up to them and swallow them from the feet/head first directly from the grounded/lying possition.

As for new Enemies, the Slimes and Jellyfish from the original prototype(Echidna Wars Mini) would be great. I always did love the Jellyfish, it was my favourite Enemy from the creators games.

Alternate versions of Enemies also sounds good. Fast versions, tough versions, ones that instantly swallow, ones with super jump/range, ones that one-hit kill(by swallowing) and so forth. I have more ideas, but I'd have to compose them properly later.

Reputation score
This is the best news I have heard in a long time. I would offer financial support for this project if possible. But I'd like to know what the possibilities are. What about new enemies and new attacks/animations for the existing ones?

One thing I have always wanted is for any Enemy to be able to swallow the Heroine from off the ground like some Enemies can, like the bosses and the Delta/Slug. The Worm, Honey Larva and Lambda in particular would be very good for this. For example, if a Heroine is knocked down, the Honey Larva could just squirm up to them and swallow them from the feet/head first directly from the grounded/lying possition.

As for new Enemies, the Slimes and Jellyfish from the original prototype(Echidna Wars Mini) would be great. I always did love the Jellyfish, it was my favourite Enemy from the creators games.

Alternate versions of Enemies also sounds good. Fast versions, tough versions, ones that instantly swallow, ones with super jump/range, ones that one-hit kill(by swallowing) and so forth. I have more ideas, but I'd have to compose them properly later.
I wholeheartedly appreciate your enthusiasm and generosity! Allow me to elaborate the possibilities here and now.

Unfortunately, as it currently stands, I have no means of creating or editing maps or animations. To put it succinctly, those assets seem to have been created by Asimofu using another, separate HSP program he wrote and using the HSPDA (hspda.dll) library. To make matters worse, they appear to be encrypted. I do not fully understand how the library is used to read the assets into the game code, and as such, I have no understanding how to edit the assets.

All of that being said, I have 100% confidence that it can be reverse-engineered, especially since Asimofu has used basically the same system for other games before; however, this is not my specialty. I am waiting to see if anyone knowledgeable about HSP or reverse engineering will hear word of this project, but if too much time passes without any progress, I may resort to a bounty (for which donations would be most helpful).

When new animations and maps are possible -- whether it be a couple months or a couple years -- you bet I will be adding new animations for the enemies and whole new enemies altogether. But for now, until more research is done into making that possible, I will be primarily focusing on gameplay. I believe it should help generate more interest from technically savvy individuals to help that process along.

Edit: It's on my Discord server, but just to let it be known here: the project's first playable demo should be finished next month. I will then be spreading it on YouTube and perhaps opening a donation system then. (It would be kind of corny to take donations before then.)

Reputation score
Hey -- important update to what I said above. Animation editing is a go!

I still have to program a full-fledged editor, which is going to take a lot of time, but here's a good proof of concept. Here, I change what sprites are drawn, save it, and successfully load it into the normal game:

This also means I can edit maps; however, I estimate making a full-fledged map editor could take triple the amount of time or more, as there is an immense amount of information -- not just tilesets, but how the camera should navigate the stage, what objects should spawn where, where enemy gauntlets start, what enemies spawn in those gauntlets, etc. etc. So if anybody technically adept would be interested in undertaking that in particular -- maybe even making an editor outside of HSP -- that would be seriously amazing. But for now, I'm just gonna touch up the animation editor a little bit more before I get back to working on primarily the gameplay stuff. Several months down the line, the editor should be robust enough to let anyone make brand new animations!

OP
U

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
So with the map editing, were you planning on just adding stuff like branching paths or extra rooms? I could also see stuff like stage hazards for certain levels.

Reputation score
So with the map editing, were you planning on just adding stuff like branching paths or extra rooms? I could also see stuff like stage hazards for certain levels.
Actually, not to get ahead of myself since it really depends how efficient map editing/creating becomes, but I would actually be totally down for creating a whole new stage or two, if not at least creating multiple "remixes" of the original stages! In particular, I think there is a lot of missed opportunity with the gauntlets. I really want to try adding more dynamic elements to them like moving platforms or early gauntlet-finishing targets (like how you can break the hive wall at the end of 2-1, except different objects -- or even enemies)! I think it'd also be really interesting to make scrolling gauntlets, where your fight isn't camera-locked to one area but can instead move a little bit. Just some of the many possibilities with the right tools.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
See, I'm gonna be the selfish pervert that was really curious at first but with the animation editing news is really excited... but mostly for the prospect of more enemies and vore animations. Though getting actual R18 animations in it would be pretty damn cool as well. I'd assume that this is a project that'll take a LONG time, but I'm definitely excited for it now. Wish you the best of luck with it!

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Wow, it's been a while since I thought of this game. Glad to see it come up again, and for such an exciting reason too! I wish you the best of luck in your modding efforts, and look forwards to seeing what you produce! In the mean time I'm definitely going to have to play this again.

NG117

Reputation score
ive been a lurker for years pretty much, but if youre able to revive this game with actual R18 content, this could potentially be my #1 h-game, love this style
also if i gotta have a wishlist id always say fellatio... makes sense given the rest of the games context

Reputation score
*psst* Hey, guys! I released a v0.0.0 of the mod a couple days ago. ’ω’

It is an alpha, so not everything from the trailer is re-implemented, and there are some bugs. But there's also some new content, including changes/adjustments to the H. (Keep in mind it's still just vore, though -- the animation editor is only about half-way done.)

To abide by ULMF's rules, I won't link it here. But you can get it if you ask around More frequent progress updates will be there, too.

Thanks, everyone!

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don't think there's any rule prohibiting linking it here. So long as the base game doesn't have loli/shota and the creator hasn't explicitly stated not to share links, it should be fine to link here.
I saw your post on Discord about their ToS, but these forums have no such restrictions as far as I know (if you want to add an extra layer and post a text file with the link, that works too).

Reputation score
I don't think there's any rule prohibiting linking it here. So long as the base game doesn't have loli/shota and the creator hasn't explicitly stated not to share links, it should be fine to link here.
I saw your post on Discord about their ToS, but these forums have no such restrictions as far as I know (if you want to add an extra layer and post a text file with the link, that works too).
Historically, I'd agree, but as far as I understand from reading newer ULMFs threads over the past few years, the moderators/admins don't exactly appreciate piracy. I'm also trying to stay on the original developers' good side.
For the sake of ease of access, though, since this is a mod and most of the traffic towards it so far seems to be coming from this thread...

Attachments

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Historically, I'd agree, but as far as I understand from reading newer ULMFs threads over the past few years, the moderators/admins don't exactly appreciate piracy.
Wrong. We don't care, nor have we ever cared, about piracy and are completely neutral about it. Please take some time to review the rules.

This rule only applies to ASKING for links. The only rule for POSTING links is to avoid not already banned content and the developer hasn’t explicitly asked not for links to be distributed.