What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Well we asked for an English version, we (some of us) paid for it, we might as well find a proper translator...
There's still time to not mess things up.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
So, are the chapters released as updates for the game itself? Or, am I having to use my googlefu for this shit?

Also, yeah, that Dargoth "patch" was shit. Not even passable, but whatever he did, I could never get it to work. If we're getting a good translation, then I'm down with waiting. Hopefully, it's not engrish as fuck.

Lazzarus

Lurker
Reputation score
There is a huge different between "Translated by the circle" and "this is an offical translation by DLsite from native speaker" I did play a few english games which are translated by DLsite and the quality isn't so bad.

So that seems to be the last boss for the genocide route.

Attachments

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Perhaps she's possessed?

I was kind of hoping the final boss would be the girl in the office, I didn't expect it to be the oni given she just kills herself versus the snake girl so I figured she wasn't a strong opponent. Well, it'll be interesting to see her H scenes given how homicidal she looks now.

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
What? Wasn't it obvious that the oni was Sans' parody and had to be the Genocide true boss? (and that her fight will be a MASSIVE rng shitfest...).

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
What? Wasn't it obvious that the oni was Sans' parody and had to be the Genocide true boss? (and that her fight will be a MASSIVE rng shitfest...).
Not really since Sans doesn't really help the player besides tips and quips in Undertale, nor does he do anything meaningful in any route besides genocide. The secretary or the ghost looking dude would have been more in tune with Sans then the Oni that sells you weapons and saves your life, stuff I don't recall Sans doing at all. Not to mention the oni doesn't even know about timelines being repeated, something Sans did know. But regardless, I don't think it's fair to think this game is a parody of Undertale or it's characters and that it simply has some of the core principles taken from it to be used as a basis for it's story guideline.

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Not really since Sans doesn't really help the player besides tips and quips in Undertale, nor does he do anything meaningful in any route besides genocide. The secretary or the ghost looking dude would have been more in tune with Sans then the Oni that sells you weapons and saves your life, stuff I don't recall Sans doing at all. Not to mention the oni doesn't even know about timelines being repeated, something Sans did know. But regardless, I don't think it's fair to think this game is a parody of Undertale or it's characters and that it simply has some of the core principles taken from it to be used as a basis for it's story guideline.
I agree that the oni is more in tune with the undertale logic. The secretary helps plenty everytime you die. The oni is a reoccurring character in the story while you could techincally almost never see the secretary and ghost if you never die or visit. Doesn't the oni give tips and quips too if we're pointing that out? Anyway, the game is obviously inspired by undertale but as you say its not a parody, so this discussion is just for funs.
I could see the secretary being a secret optional boss but not the final boss.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I agree that the oni is more in tune with the undertale logic. The secretary helps plenty everytime you die. The oni is a reoccurring character in the story while you could techincally almost never see the secretary and ghost if you never die or visit. Doesn't the oni give tips and quips too if we're pointing that out? Anyway, the game is obviously inspired by undertale but as you say its not a parody, so this discussion is just for funs.
I could see the secretary being a secret optional boss but not the final boss.
You have a point that the secretary helps a lot, usually with those extra points you get for SP and items. I think probably the Ghost dude is a better fit as a character that watches from the sidelines with quips and tips was more of Sans' character up in till genocide. I can see how people can relate with the Oni however given she also gives tips and quips as well as has a few more events that would tie into Sans character backstory with the timeline repetition, and the now being the final boss of genocide. Ultimately either character is not an exact replica of Sans, but for who has the most events in common with Sans versus the takeaways, now Oni is without a doubt the people will talk about.

Last edited:

Lazyrick

Reputation score
I never really played undertale, so I can't say how Sans-like the oni is or isn't, but I am pretty gosh darn sure that the Oni is aware of the timelines. Did you forget the whole fighting the snake girl thing? She left a message to you after suicide-bombing, that had you traverse a different timeline, to prep to fight the giant snake. And afterwards, she was the one that explained to you how all the stuff you are doing made sense in-universe. i.e. the invisible skill used in Iron Maiden boss fight. you know, the one that technically shouldn't have existed?

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I never really played undertale, so I can't say how Sans-like the oni is or isn't, but I am pretty gosh darn sure that the Oni is aware of the timelines. Did you forget the whole fighting the snake girl thing? She left a message to you after suicide-bombing, that had you traverse a different timeline, to prep to fight the giant snake. And afterwards, she was the one that explained to you how all the stuff you are doing made sense in-universe. i.e. the invisible skill used in Iron Maiden boss fight. you know, the one that technically shouldn't have existed?
I thought she exclaimed how surprised she was that the protag could traverse timelines when you saved her from the kamikaze? That doesn't sound like she knew about it, but perhaps she had prior knowledge to the fact that it was possible much like how we all think it's possible someday to time travel. Sans knew that the world was being repeated over and over again and hinted at it many times with his dialogue and shown if you access his room; it's the main reason why he wouldn't care to do much in the game of Undertale as a support or side character up until you become a threat to him. Ah well, guess we'll have to see to the English version when it comes out to get a better understanding of her character.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I thought she exclaimed how surprised she was that the protag could traverse timelines when you saved her from the kamikaze? That doesn't sound like she knew about it, but perhaps she had prior knowledge to the fact that it was possible much like how we all think it's possible someday to time travel. Sans knew that the world was being repeated over and over again and hinted at it many times with his dialogue and shown if you access his room; it's the main reason why he wouldn't care to do much in the game of Undertale as a support or side character up until you become a threat to him. Ah well, guess we'll have to see to the English version when it comes out to get a better understanding of her character.
As far i remember she CAN travel trought dimension and she already know about OC being able to do the same (breaking 4th wall yadayada).

She got surprised actually becouse OC managed to "win" vs iron maiden something never happened in all other dimension and stuff, thats the reason she so helpful and etc. (now i dunno how this varies in genocide, too lazy and i love to much MAMA for that)......................

But the true question if she its going to make a SANS cameo/easter egg fight on geno :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Lazyrick

Reputation score
For the surprise, that could be attributed more towards that protag specifically did it, not that it was done. She has to be aware that it happens. I mean, do you carry around notes that tell acquaintances to travel between timelines to save (alternate) you? the real question would be to what extent does she understand this. does she only know that it happens, or does she actually experience it? For that matter, is the travel a sort of cosmic reset like Sans (is that the explanation for Undertale?), or is it like hopping the branches of a tree?
As far i remember she CAN travel trought dimension and she already know about OC being able to do the same (breaking 4th wall yadayada).

She got surprised actually becouse OC managed to "win" vs iron maiden something never happened in all other dimension and stuff, thats the reason she so helpful and etc. (now i dunno how this varies in genocide, too lazy and i love to much MAMA for that)......................

But the true question if she its going to make a SANS cameo/easter egg fight on geno :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Can she? it's been a while since I played, but if she can dimension hop, did she explain what happened with the snake girl explosion? I could have sworn she died. did she fake it, or is it more like a consciousness transfer?
p.s. I agree, not touching genocide unless I absolutely have to for something. how could anyone hurt MAMA?

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
For the surprise, that could be attributed more towards that protag specifically did it, not that it was done. She has to be aware that it happens. I mean, do you carry around notes that tell acquaintances to travel between timelines to save (alternate) you? the real question would be to what extent does she understand this. does she only know that it happens, or does she actually experience it? For that matter, is the travel a sort of cosmic reset like Sans (is that the explanation for Undertale?), or is it like hopping the branches of a tree?

Can she? it's been a while since I played, but if she can dimension hop, did she explain what happened with the snake girl explosion? I could have sworn she died. did she fake it, or is it more like a consciousness transfer?
p.s. I agree, not touching genocide unless I absolutely have to for something. how could anyone hurt MAMA?
As i said i dont remember it at 100% also trad (YOU STILL MY HERO VILLAGER) if she can or not but she its WELL AWARE about OC being able to travel trought dimensions and she can SEE those dimensions. thats why Oni left that paper before going knowing you will stop her and find another solution to titanoba.