What's new

RPG [ゴールデンフィーバー ] WE ARE BANDITS! (RJ180795)

TooN0ble

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [Golden Fever] WE ARE BANDITS!

If there is other games that have used the same exact game engine, perhaps some h codes or so could be found that would work well with this.

Kyle8910

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Visual Novel Reader sort of works with it... sort of. It does do a repetition or two of each sentence, but this is easy enough to ignore if you've read machine translated text often enough. Unfortunately it also occasionally fails to hook text randomly, which is more of an issue.

ITH also sort of works with it, but not as well as it doesn't have a built in way to suppress infinite cyclical repetitions. So you might end up having to manually copy each translated line into Atlas or whatever translator you're using.
I have found that the old AGTH works to copy and suppress the looping.

I use these arguments with nearly every game that does not work with ITHVNR.
C:\AGTH\agth.exe /c /x3
Create a shortcut for the game and add this to the target line.

Also had a question about the decision made after every chapter. It gives two choice where one says chapter _ side story/info and the other being the next chapter. I have only been picking the side ones cause I don't want to miss content. The one time I did as a test, it seemed like the same path was being taken. Any difference?

bellyzard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

At the start I'm provided 4 options - I assume these are the difficulties from easy to hardest? Are there any benefits for playing on the higher difficulties?

Kyle8910

Demon Girl
Reputation score

At the start I'm provided 4 options - I assume these are the difficulties from easy to hardest? Are there any benefits for playing on the higher difficulties?
I know there is a penalty of sorts for the easiest setting (disables something), but I did not see anything in the description saying anything extra for the harder ones. Someone in this thread did mention there may be a benefit for beating the hardest, but they were not sure.

I'm doing normal atm.

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Beside extra stage and difficulity, you can get all event on easiest.

ソクヌキ only give the main quest, no 9 extra gaiden.
But more exp, and character dieing is back next chapter
In battle, can save every round

シッカリ has extra 9 stage, character killed will be back next chapter
In battle, can save every round

ギリギリ Character killed cannot be used, in battle can save every 3 round

ガチンコ Hardest, more enemy, enemey are stronger, save every 5 round
Something about due to the hardest difficulity, the reward is sweeter
そして苦労した分だけ、ご褒美シーンは盛り上がること間違いなし!

Some more thing
The 2 feather you get from civilian in the green knight stage? and another stage, if given to female sage, she gets a 20 use, 4 range spell, really useful

Chapter 3 gaiden, you can use any female chara to convince him, except female armored knight, he gets support from them

V104

yuriski

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Man, another game I would really like to play but is far to complex to without understanding anything.

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Is weapon advantage in the game? Because I don't see much difference in hit rates, no matter what kind of weapon used.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is weapon advantage in the game? Because I don't see much difference in hit rates, no matter what kind of weapon used.
Damage and weight. The heavier the weapon, the less likely attacking players get follow-up attacks.

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hit rate is determined by character stat and how overweight your character is, so not a good idea to fill with weapon.

Bring the merchant kid along, he can swap out inventory

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Damage and weight. The heavier the weapon, the less likely attacking players get follow-up attacks.
Hit rate is determined by character stat and how overweight your character is, so not a good idea to fill with weapon.

Bring the merchant kid along, he can swap out inventory
No no no, what I mean is advantage in weapon triangle, like when sword vs lance, the sword user loses some hit rates and damage like in Fire Emblem games. Doesn't seem to work in the game.
Oh, and the merchant kid is a dead weight.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No no no, what I mean is advantage in weapon triangle, like when sword vs lance, the sword user loses some hit rates and damage like in Fire Emblem games. Doesn't seem to work in the game.
This game ISN'T Fire Emblem despite the many similarities, so coming in with preconceived notions of how the weapons work won't do you any good.

Sword: Average damage, not very heavy so wielder more likely to get extra attacks with a minimum +4 advantage in combat speed.

Axe: Heaviest damage of the melee weapons but extremely heavy. Very unlikely to get extra attacks and more likely to receive them in turn.

Spear: If wielder charges into attack, there is a damage bonus. Charge needs to be least 2 hexes to get the bonus.

Mace: If wielder didn't move to attack, damage inflicted increases. The weapon is unfortunately very heavy so the heavily armoured classes tend to receive extra attacks from opponents.

Throwing weapons: More or less the same functionality with the melee counterparts.

Bow and arrow: Archers and snipers are helpless at melee range, but they can activate sniper mode on the appropriate hexes for a HUGE range bonus. Bonus damage against flying units. Archers on the receiving end of a ranged attack will get to shoot first thanks to "eyes of the hawk" special ability (except against other archers). Snipers get a damage bonus if they didn't move to a better position before attacking.

All of the above info is from the game's own website. Whether or not players can be bothered to go there and read it is another matter.

Last edited:

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Oh, and the merchant kid is a dead weight.
He's not really, he can open any locked gate/chest, and can access inventory and swap out people's equipment.

He's support like the female red hair fighter, in that she can make a class double move, but have low space, Merchant kid has high mobility, so you can check bookcase for gears and stuff too.

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

This game ISN'T Fire Emblem despite the many similarities, so coming in with preconceived notions of how the weapons work won't do you any good.

Sword: Average damage, not very heavy so wielder more likely to get extra attacks thanks to at least +4 combat speed difference.

Axe: Heaviest damage of the melee weapons but extremely heavy. Very unlikely to get extra attacks and more likely to receive them in turn.

Spear: If wielder charges into attack, there is a damage bonus. Charge needs to be least 2 hexes to get the bonus.

Mace: If wielder didn't move to attack, damage inflicted increases. The weapon is unfortunately very heavy so the heavily armoured classes tend to receive extra attacks from opponents.

Throwing weapons: More or less the same functionality with the melee counterparts, obviously there isn't a throwing mace.

Bow and arrow: Archers and snipers are helpless at melee range, but they can activate sniper mode on the appropriate hexes for a HUGE range bonus. Bonus damage against flying units. Archers on the receiving end of a ranged attack will get to shoot first thanks to "eyes of the hawk" special ability (except against other archers). Snipers get a damage bonus if they didn't move to a better position before attacking.

All of the above info is from the game's own website. Whether or not players can be bothered to go there and read it is another matter.
Thanks for the useful info, though you said it's on the game's website, I can't seem to find it there. This makes the two other starting bandits and the heavy knight girl even more useless. Does this mean the developers are telling us to train sword users on higher difficulty?
On the other hand, what about magic book and light spell?

He's not really, he can open any locked gate/chest, and can access inventory and swap out people's equipment.

He's support like the female red hair fighter, in that she can make a class double move, but have low space, Merchant kid has high mobility, so you can check bookcase for gears and stuff too.
He still takes up one slot for someone else capable of fighting, and later when you get the female thief, merchant kid is totally obsolete; the only unique trick he has is access supply. If I were the developer I would rather make him a npc like the tactician in FE7 or give the access supply to the current lord like in FE8.

Last edited:

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Thanks for the useful info, though you said it's on the game's website, I can't seem to find it there. This makes the two other starting bandits and the heavy knight girl even more useless. Does this mean the developers are telling us to train sword users on higher difficulty?

He still takes up one slot for someone else capable of fighting, and later when you get the female thief, merchant kid is totally obsolete; the only unique trick he has is access supply. If I were the developer I would rather make him a npc like the tactician in FE7 or give the access supply to the current lord like in FE8.
Beside being a moving storage, lock pick and treasure chest opener, he is the few chara that can use the defense debuff stone(降防誘石) really useful against boss.
And every battle that he participate in, also earn 1000~2000 more money too.

The heavy armor girl, you need to have her learn taunt, but for meat shield, I think the oldman heavy knight, or a fully upgrade Main character with the health draining sword might work better.

CodeKyuubi

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Visual Novel Reader sort of works with it... sort of. It does do a repetition or two of each sentence, but this is easy enough to ignore if you've read machine translated text often enough. Unfortunately it also occasionally fails to hook text randomly, which is more of an issue.

ITH also sort of works with it, but not as well as it doesn't have a built in way to suppress infinite cyclical repetitions. So you might end up having to manually copy each translated line into Atlas or whatever translator you're using.
Do you mean that the text isn't showing up on VNR, or that it's not getting sent to the machine translator?

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Skimming through the website doesn't really help you since you can't read, so here's the to prove I'm not bluffing.

Copy and paste what you don't know into a machine-translator and see if it matches up with what I said. If the link doesn't work, it's the subtab named "バトル"

HighPriest

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Do you mean that the text isn't showing up on VNR, or that it's not getting sent to the machine translator?
I haven't seen this problem since I posted mentioning it - I might have done something wrong the first time I tried VNR. I'll post more details if it happens again.

chozen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I would actually like to play through this, if only I understood any of it.

So many options in the menus..

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The upcoming 1.05 patch should make life easier for players since the level-up mechanics will be tweaked to ensure units have a minimum level of stat progression. There's also a couple more events and bug-fixes to be implemented.

Whether or not bluewr is still playing and can be bothered to keep the thread up-to-date is another matter though.

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I just hope they add weapon advantage or expand each character's inventory.