What's new

ACT [八角家] ハチナ怪異譚 (RJ431925)

WaffleDance

Reputation score
I was too motivated to try to fully corrupt her so the pacing didn't bother me in Undercrust. But I don't mind rpgmaker style games in general.

Finding all the secret toys was kind of a pain though.

The style switch between the games to ACT with persisting status effects was genius.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Alas, people in here are dissing the beauty of rocks.

Rocks are interesting goddammit. You just haven't found the right rock for you yet.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
As a graduate with a BSc in Geology, it was quite amusing to see facts I remember from my Uni days pop up in a h-game of all places!

Caernarvon

Reputation score
If it's optional I find such little details about things like rocks really charming and educational honestly

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Yeah, I was being facetious, but the guy really does love his rocks. I might even have learned a few things. I can't put a finger on what it was that led to me never playing through the entire game, even though the art was really good. I think it was just the overall pacing being very drawn out, especially with regard to time played : new enemies/scenes
For me I found the gameplay to be very much like "use this attack or lose instantly" to a degree, take the dog boss fight for example, I could only see one way to win being via using the skill just learnt. Leveling didn't matter as I had decided to just run ahead. Need to go back and replay it though I think and give it a proper slow dungeon crawl grind I think to get the right feeling/understanding of it as I didn't feel too interested after a point with the H stuff as I'm one of those that likes some animation instead of just CG stills or slight waving around.
It's again why I am so happy with the studio's progress since as there's far too many studios that stay stuck in one place. *looks at the devs of Mirror Image which has it's gameplay copy and pasted for a lot of games despite plenty of room for improvement*

zufield

Lurker
Reputation score
Is there any way to fiddle the save to respawn the bosses in this game?

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
@zufield I don't believe anyone's found a way to do so but as it was a Demo without all features working/implemented possibly then we can't be sure. In the previous game as it was level based then Bosses were repeatable. What could be done is after completing the game you can repeat bosses via some interaction in the boss's room as that's been done in other games. Alternative and more of what I would hope for in most if not all battle games is an arena like in Eris Dysnomia or similar as that I found to be great post game content that could be very little work compared to adding a few more extra post story dungeon/area.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
The last game also made is so that, after beating a level with a boss, it put a teleporter behind the start of the level that went to just outside of the boss room.
So instead of having to run through the level again, you just walked left and were suddenly at the boss.

They are confirmed to have added floating little motes that tell you the unique loss conditions. So it wouldn't surprise me if some other little motes spawned that asked if you wanted to re-fight the boss. If that isn't there, I bet it would be heavily asked for on release, and added in an update.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Fingers crossed for it to appear in the release as the demo didn't have a way to quickly get to the boss like in the last game so if it's just a note to get the unique loss conditions then a bit of an step back since I would also presume that with those notes then the boss is possible to re-fight as there wouldn't be a point for them if you had to wait for an new game or to save scum to get them....as we also have limited save slots.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Hot dang for those extra slots (demo had like 3-5 no?) , shame that they felt the need for another bugtest but for the best. Hope then that they have it done before Friday as then they get it in for being looked at over the weekend instead of ignored till Monday.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hot dang for those extra slots (demo had like 3-5 no?) , shame that they felt the need for another bugtest but for the best. Hope then that they have it done before Friday as then they get it in for being looked at over the weekend instead of ignored till Monday.
My guess is it'll be the end of the month rather than this coming weekend. Thankfully with all the QA being done it sholud be a pretty clean release with few/no major bugs, which is a lot better than many AAA studios can say of late.

WaffleDance

Reputation score
Hurls money at the screen.

I hope this bug test doesn't take that long.

The last game also made is so that, after beating a level with a boss, it put a teleporter behind the start of the level that went to just outside of the boss room.
So instead of having to run through the level again, you just walked left and were suddenly at the boss.
You just blew my mind despite all the times I've played through it. I never noticed that.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Continued bug fixing
It should be noted that they don't know how long the extra translation lines will take to arrive and implement, so they're tempering their expectations to the start of October.
The chart lists itself slightly before that, but it's important to remember that DLsite has to approve the game, as well, and that would take time after when the chart ends.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Man I wish more and more for DLsite to only require censorship if it's being sold in countries requiring it so that two versions can be made and censorship doesn't hold up the game's release......especially as I presume releasing on steam is more troublesome?
I hope that DLsite approve this fast though.....how long did Mission Mermaiden take does anyone know? (Didn't Night of Revenge have problems due to the gore/blood/mutilation of the enemies and player?)