Into the Maw OOC Thread

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Into the Maw OOC Thread

Chameon jumped the gun, but yes, Initiative rolls from the 4 in the Court of the Dead, please.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't know what I'm doing right, but the dice are favouring me for the first time ever. My personal opinion is that they're waiting for me to actually need rolls in a more deperate situation.

Initiative:
10+2 for initiative.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

5+4 = 9 initiative

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

4+4=8 for intiative.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Initiative order is Shrike, Chameon, Blue, Rathuris, Armsmen.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure i've let most people know by now, but I'll be leaving on vacation Friday. Trying my damndest to keep up with everything until then, but once service drops on the road, it will be best to assume that I'm not going to be posting until the 25th or so. I should be sporadic during that time, but it can't be guaranteed.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

No, I don't know if the guy with the autogun actually had a machine spirit in his gun or not. It's something my character can blatantly lie about to this guys face though, and that he won't necessarily be able to catch on to.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Heresy!

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yes, we have a winner. That is -exactly- what I'm implying, not on my part, but on his buddies. And the fallout for heresy hits everyone except the guy shooting him and his friends :p

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Don't start selling heresy on my ship. We're all stocked up!

EDIT: On a more game-centric and useful note, PCs can refer to Faydra as either Captain or (my) Lady. If during the course of her adventure she starts to grow fond of you through friendship and camaraderie, then you can get away with calling her Faydra. By the end of enough battles and near saves, I'm sure that this will come to pass.

Try to avoid calling her Miss or Ma'am. In her mind, those are informal commoner titles beneath her station and she would have made it clear to any that had been serving on her ship that those are her feelings.

Last edited:

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So Faydra doesn't like Anya calling her Ma'am?

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

What about Commander? Of course, that's assuming the Tau are actually allowed to address her at all.

Also, once the ship starts up, I'll have Shao're try to speak with some of the more important crew (that is, the PCs) if that's okay.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

She'd be speaking through her translator for the most part until she felt comfortable enough around them to show that she doesn't need it. Then she'd still be translating 'O into Commander unless referring to other Tau.

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anya wouldn't mind a vist from the tau. They might actually find her more open-minded then the rest of the crew too.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Commander would be acceptable. The Tau are a mysterious and inscrutable race after all.

@Rathuris: I presume Anya would have known to call her something else, unless Anya is extremely new and hadn't interacted with Faydra much. Chances are, she would have known though.

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Blue you probably should have said something about Faydra being called Ma'am sooner. I have been using it since my first post.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh man, Ishta would love to dig into the heads of the resident tau! :3

Im about two hours from home, but work the next five nights. I‘ll do my best to post before and after though, so i dont hold anyone up.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

@ Rathuris: Yes, I probably should have, but I'm getting to know my character more and more through play. I won't ask you to retcon things. Maybe I'll have Faydra make her feelings more clear to Anya at a later time. It's entirely possible that she didn't get the memo for some reason or another - or I could just have it be something that Faydra is building up to saying instead.

Any suggestions?

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well Faydra is still waiting to see how well Anya can pilot through the warp, so it seems like she is still fairly new to the crew. I figured since Anya was also of a noble house, which might be debateable being a renegade house, Ma'am or Madam would be used to address someone of a similar if higher status.