What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I personally thought it was a decent idea. Any repository of common or repeated Japanese phrases, that is then translated, has quite a bit of value for translation projects. Now that I'm helping to setup a repository of JSK games, translation tools, and extracted japanese and english game .txt files, I'd be interested in hosting such a compilation in the translators section.

EDIT 1: Another thing to consider is that Japanese Onomatopoeia e.g. moaning and other noises, can and regularly does confuse machine translation attempts.
Not sure about having a repository that works for anything, but since JSK games always use the same stock phrases for most of the erotic moans and such it could really speed up stuff for translators here specifically

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
If you mean just making a list with the moans a game uses alot and checking it when you come across a moan when translating is one thing. But if you just replace every moan you find with a generic one from a database then it's not a translation anymore it's a rewrite and nobody wants that. Also Machine translations are bad and should only be used to double check your own translations and never as the primary translation medium.

Bernaregna

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I am just a consumer of the product, but if can I expose my opinion, honestly these games in their original language are playable for the H-scenes but you miss everything else. Not that I'm saying that they have a meaningful plot or characters but at least the context is something which I normally look forward to understand. So you guys which are translating this are doing a great job and things should go as smooth as possible for you. If you think that having a repository for the repeated lines is something which will easier the process, go for it. Speaking for me, moanings and derivates are just secondary if compared to the main dialogues.

Did you look in the Downloads section of the guide? You can find the translated version of the game there.
I found them, thank you very much. I tought that link was the same of the main thread, glad to be wrong.
If can I report something, love ending for Reimi is broken and resulting in black screen.
Aside that, amazing work.

Delexicus

Reputation score
I am just a consumer of the product, but if can I expose my opinion, honestly these games in their original language are playable for the H-scenes but you miss everything else. Not that I'm saying that they have a meaningful plot or characters but at least the context is something which I normally look forward to understand. So you guys which are translating this are doing a great job and things should go as smooth as possible for you. If you think that having a repository for the repeated lines is something which will easier the process, go for it. Speaking for me, moanings and derivates are just secondary if compared to the main dialogues.

I found them, thank you very much. I tought that link was the same of the main thread, glad to be wrong.
If can I report something, love ending for Reimi is broken and resulting in black screen.
Aside that, amazing work.
That's strange, I downloaded a fresh copy of Reimi from the MEGA repo and the love end works for me. Is this the partial translation v01 you downloaded?

Bernaregna

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
That's strange, I downloaded a fresh copy of Reimi from the MEGA repo and the love end works for me. Is this the partial translation v01 you downloaded?
Yeah, the one in the link. And I also have the original game from DL site, whose ending is working. Well, nothing to worry about, I have completed the whole game. Maybe it is a problem with my files.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You can derive just as much context from the official summery availible on Dlsite as you can from a translation for these games since it'll only take you a few minutes to read the ingame dialogue because of how short they are. Cutting corners on the translation can only end up harming the final result I'd rather wait for a proper translation then encourage the translators to do a quick and sloppy one.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah, the one in the link. And I also have the original game from DL site, whose ending is working. Well, nothing to worry about, I have completed the whole game. Maybe it is a problem with my files.
Reimi's translation was done on the version predating the fix on the black screen error you're having.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Reimi's translation was done on the version predating the fix on the black screen error you're having.
Once Donocad's text parcer is fighting fit, it should be able to transfer your translation from the old version, to the new version of Reimi without much manual labor.

Donocad

Reputation score
Hi everyone !

It was hard, but with Delexicus's contribuation as debugger, I can finally release the ver3.6 of the parser :
https:// mega.nz /#!Y08kyYpL!hphXrXQXTpqRHMgqQCkVbLYPjZgQL6v0Ozn2GkzY6yY

The direct support for .swf files ( by the integration of jpexs-compiler / ffdec ) and the starter scripts are the main features of this release.
The hardest was the increased support for operating systems : the ver3.6 have been found working on FreeBSD, Debian ( release "Sid" ), Cygwin ( on win7 and on win10 ) and WSL. ( on win10 )

First, I have fixed a small bug on the "compare" function, which before, never processed the last of the list of .as files.
Another error of mine was that the "marks" weren't used in "compare". Some parts aren't strong enough, I have fixed them.

Compared to ver3.5, the parser is more easier to use :
It has almost no more "black screen" when it stops. Now the parser will always show detailed error message if it has to stop and why.
Overall, the parser is less picky for its inputs. ( but still no spaces allowed though. )

With the addition of the starter scripts, the amount of manual typed commands required to work with the parser have been greatly reduced.
With one command, a translator can grab all the dialogues from a new jsk game. And with another one, their translation have been merged with the game. Read the README for more details.

To work directly with .swf files ( which is not possible on ver3.5 and less ), you have to install java, either oracle java, or openjdk. I explained more in the README.
If you don't want to work with java, the parser and its starter scripts are still working with .as files. I created a zip without ffdec, the parser and its starter scripts are identical as the ones in the "standard" zip.

That's it. As always, it's possible to send me .txt files ( I have already all the sk files ), and I will send back the corresponding .swf files.
Delexicus has a MEGA repo ( link in his signature ), in its "Translation and Modding Tools"/"Translated Texts". The .txt, raw and translated are bundled into zips. I will try to keep the repo updated.

If someone wants the raw txt zip of a jsk game, pm me and I will post it on the thread ( and upload it in the MEGA repo ).

Attachments

Last edited:

Donocad

Reputation score
Some of us may have already noticed but Mika / "How to discipline a shoplifting girl" has some of its parts badly translated, and one of its event is even totally untranslated.
So I am asking if anyone is willing to redo or correct its translation. I'm ready to empower the parser to ease this process as much as possible.
Pm me if you're interested.

Notime25

Reputation score
There is a full translated Russian version of Magic Girl Buster on the internet, it may be useful for the english translation.

Donocad

Reputation score
There is a full translated Russian version of Magic Girl Buster on the internet, it may be useful for the english translation.
Do you have it ? Sure, it would be useful.
And do you think that it would be hard for you to translate it to English ? ( if you want, of course )

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I dont know about the others but I have been translating shoplift girl. It still needs some time but overall is proceeding smoothly. However I only have the censored version so I cant help you if you are searching for the uncensored one.
How goes that shoplift translation?

Donocad

Reputation score
How goes that shoplift translation?
I can assume that Rikko93 was the one who had finished a complete translation, but when I have grabbed it for the newest version of Shoplift / Mika, some new dialogues were added. Actually I am searching for volunteers to redo / correct this translation.

Notime25

Reputation score
Do you have it ? Sure, it would be useful.
And do you think that it would be hard for you to translate it to English ? ( if you want, of course )
Sorry i am not a translator. The one who has the Russia Translation is this user: Tulipgirl

clownyxx

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I got a question. Has there been any full translation since RJ102196 cause i am not even sure the Overthrow the demon queen RJ110553 is even fully translated.

D

Deleted member 376541

Overthrow The Demon Queen Is still in Partial translation format In general from what I'm seeing right now. To me, It really doesn't need It.
I got a question. Has there been any full translation since RJ102196 cause i am not even sure the Overthrow the demon queen RJ110553 is even fully translated.