What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Delexicus

Reputation score
Look on the first post on this thread. There is a guide listed. Inside the guide there is a downloads section that has all of JSKs games.

Diamon

Lurker
Reputation score
Look on the first post on this thread. There is a guide listed. Inside the guide there is a downloads section that has all of JSKs games.
Wow, i thought since some months ago games that has loli content aren't allowed?

Thanks ~

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Wow, i thought since some months ago games that has loli content aren't allowed?

Thanks ~
Direct / public links aren't allowed for loli/shota content, so either through PM's or few extra steps in between, to my understanding, I might be wrong.

Fenko_I

Lurker
Reputation score
I would like to announce that the bulk work for the translation of JSK's Magical Girl Buster from Russian to English is finished!

Thanks to the amazing work and help from Delexicus and Donocad we were able to finish way faster than I ever anticipated, what's left now is to look for any missed lines during my translation efforts, fixing typos and trying to increase the text/line quality overall, we will post an update the moment we believe we have a working release ready.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I would like to announce that the bulk work for the translation of JSK's Magical Girl Buster from Russian to English is finished!

Thanks to the amazing work and help from Delexicus and Donocad we were able to finish way faster than I ever anticipated, what's left now is to look for any missed lines during my translation efforts, fixing typos and trying to increase the text/line quality overall, we will post an update the moment we believe we have a working release ready.
Congratulations at this rate you will be the first person to finish a translation since JSK came back over a year ago.

Notime25

Reputation score

Good shit my dude, that was really fast!

hitmanboy47

Reputation score
It seems that Karen's translation is practically finished except for some lines.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Eeh, so the russian full translation's maker doesn't count as the first full translator? :unsure:
I would love to give the Russian translators credit, but I have no idea on how to find them.

Fenko_I

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah the Russian's really did do a great job, without them I wouldn't have been able to do anything and someone else would have had to translate the game from Japanese which is much harder.

Seagnou

Reputation score
Hey, I am curious.
Did you all use a translation software to translate from Russian/Japanese to English or do you all have background knowledge or Russian/Japanese?
I might attempt to translate a few things in the future when I have the time.

Also, how's progress on that translation? I am hyped to see that a JSK game is nearing a complete translation.

Fenko_I

Lurker
Reputation score
There's a technical aspect to it that I think only Del and Don can explain I'm not well knowledged on how they got Parser and Cygwin to extract the swf files .txt's to open with a notepad and start translating.

Regarding completion of the translation, I can't give a date as we still want to fix everything up, find missed lines and improve the overall dialogue quality so there's still a bit of work left to do, but it shouldn't be too long now.

Donocad

Reputation score
Hey, I am curious.
Did you all use a translation software to translate from Russian/Japanese to English or do you all have background knowledge or Russian/Japanese?

Also, how's progress on that translation? I am hyped to see that a JSK game is nearing a complete translation.
I use an online translator ( romajidesu.com ). When I am stuck, I go check on maggiesensei.com and some tips given on scantrad forums.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hey, I am curious.

I have almost no knowledge of either written Japanese or Russian. I have relied on using online alphabet charts to at least figure out the correct translation for the sound effects. I also edited the language charts to better match the fonts used in notepad++ for easier reference. They are available in the area of the JSK MEGA Repository.

I have been doing rewrites and grammar correction since I'm currently the only native English speaker working on MIA. We recently found out how to replace in game fonts and are deciding on the appropriate fonts to use to fit character personality and legibility.

It should be noted that our translation efforts are heavily tool assisted in that we are not editing raw game files. We have a text parser ,made by Donocad, that extracts game text into a much more human friendly format that makes the use of notepad++ feasible. The parser also has quite a few other features such as the ability to find duplicate lines between the extracted text files.

Comparison of raw .as file vs parser extracted .txt file.

Another tool that we use is either the bash command GREP or the windows application PowerGREP. With this we can search for and replace duplicate text and duplicate text variants. There are a TON of duplicate sound effects and using GREP makes things much less monotonous. I also use it to help with the English rewrites.

Example rewrite.

I hope this gives you an idea as to what would is involved in our translation efforts. Give me a PM if you are interested in helping out, or would just like to hang out in our group PM for translators.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
When I do a partial, I rely on mostly on what I "hear" when those lines are spoken to me, (I understand japanese when it spoken to me), if there is a word I do not recognize, I pick up one of the japanese to english / finnish dictionaries I have on the shelf and look it up, then construct a sentence that matches up what I've heard, the only issue I occasionally run into are the japanese proverbs, its sometimes an issue to find english counterpart for those.

And as what software I use to translate the in game texts, ' ', manual process of finding the dialogue amidst the actionscripts takes chunk of the time one ends up doing with this software.

What Donocan, Delexicus and Fenko_l came up with is far more faster method of translating, but rocket science for me that I can't get the grasp on.

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
The thing is, you don't have to understand the rocket science. We can extract the text out of a game so any translator can more easily translate. Give use the text when you are done translating and we'll pack it back into the game for you. As soon as this new game comes out, we will have the text extracted within hours to a day. We upload the extracted txt files to the the JSK MEGA repository under the folder for anyone to use if they so choose. We already have quite a few extracted texts ready for people to play around with.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Once you have the extracted .txt files, it makes work so much easier. You can use Notepad++ to compare the original text to your ongoing translation for instance. Or the built in search and replace function. Or any number of other conveniences available in Notepad++.

Some Lurker

Reputation score
Hey guys, fairly new lurker on this thread. First of all, I love all of your work here, Secondly, I've been trying to give translating a go myself, but I've been having some issues with updating the .swf files with the parser? Can someone give me a rundown on how I SHOULD be using the parser, because I used the Read Me and couldn't see what I was doing wrong?