What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hey guys, fairly new lurker on this thread. First of all, I love all of your work here, Secondly, I've been trying to give translating a go myself, but I've been having some issues with updating the .swf files with the parser? Can someone give me a rundown on how I SHOULD be using the parser, because I used the Read Me and couldn't see what I was doing wrong?
You should ask Donocad. He made the parser and he was super helpful getting me setup. But first, give us a run down of what you tried so far.

Some Lurker

Reputation score
So, I used the starter files to try out editing a MGB ending (I know Fenko is doing it, this was practise tbh). I put some translations in the edited lines section of the MainTimeline.txt, then ran the code to put it back together to see if it would work as edited. Needless to say, it didn't. It didn't flag any errors as such, but when I tried replacing the swf the text was exactly the same. So, have I missed something super obvious?

Delexicus

Reputation score
So, I used the starter files to try out editing a MGB ending (I know Fenko is doing it, this was practise tbh). I put some translations in the edited lines section of the MainTimeline.txt, then ran the code to put it back together to see if it would work as edited. Needless to say, it didn't. It didn't flag any errors as such, but when I tried replacing the swf the text was exactly the same. So, have I missed something super obvious?
I think I know what happened. You did not mark your completed translation section with a 'done' flag. I'm away from my computer at the moment but I'll give you a screen shot of what it is supposed to look like when I can.

Delexicus

Reputation score
This is what it supposed to look like. The one the left will not update the text in the game. The one on the right will. If you are interested in helping out with MGB, or other JSK games, we would be glad to have you. Respond to my PM and we can go from there.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Alright, I've translated some parts of the new demonlord game.

The main title and stat / skills window is now done, moving down to story dialogue now, and after that I do the battle window.
If I continue at this rate, I'll get the first playable partial out within today.

Edit; Not exactly in playable form as of yet, skill names do not show properly in the battle phase.

Those just disappeared, despite showing up in the editor itself.

Attachments

Last edited:

Notime25

Reputation score
Any news on when we will be able to play MGB full translation?

Delexicus

Reputation score
Any news on when we will be able to play MGB full translation?
I would be remiss if I didn't point out how difficult it would be to give a time window for the translations completion. Just in the last two days we had two more proofreaders sign up. Because of this a New Arrivals Orientation Guide was created. This created a detour for my personal proofreading, but in total it should help speed up completion of the translation. It would also be helpful to understand our translating team is in at least four different time zones with many of them in various different European countries. This can make two way communication range from time restricted at best, to almost twelve hours of delay between communiqué. Add on top of this the fact that every translator and proofreader is doing this translation work in their free time around their education, employment, and social life. When you add all these compound variables together, you can start to see why answering the simple question of "time to completion" can become difficult at best, to infuriatingly uncertain and unknowable. Anyway, I hope this gives you better insight into some of the ancillary challenges of our translation efforts.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You guys have been proofreading a translation that's contains a couple thosand words of unique dialogue at most for a week and a half now. It's understandable that some people would be a bit impatient at this point especially since it's been more then a year Since JSK came back and we have yet to have a single complete English translation.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Yo, Delexicus.

Any idea what causes this nasty issue on the Battle Phase?
Those show up in the editor, but in the game, they just have turned transparent all out of sudden.
No of the skills texts show up on their respective locations for reason, (the tooltips works just fine)
but the ability names are not visible for some reason.

Attachments

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
Yo, Delexicus.

Any idea what causes this nasty issue on the Battle Phase?
Those show up in the editor, but in the game, they just have turned transparent all out of sudden.
I'm sorry, what nasty issue are you referring to? I haven't had time to play the new game yet.

Delexicus

Reputation score
I'm guessing the fonts are too large for the text field. You could either edit the text field bounds, or use a different shorter font. I described how to edit Fonts in the Translators Corner chat at the end of page 25. It's a pretty simple procedure and I gave some straight forward instructions. Let me know if they work out for you.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
The fonts are the same size and within the same fontfile, I didn't change anything aside the texts I translated.
And if you haven't noticed, I am not part of the T-Pal corner devils.

Delexicus

Reputation score
The fonts are the same size and within the same fontfile, I didn't change anything aside the texts I translated.
And if you haven't noticed, I am not part of the T-Pal corner devils.
You are still invited so you should be able to view the pages for reference. I still think it has to do with the font bounds. The Japanese part of the Font file may have slightly smaller text bounds than the English characters. The other option would be to try to lower the font size of the text. I'd love to help more, but my hands are pretty full at the moment with the Magical Girl Translation effort.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
You are still invited so you should be able to view the pages for reference. I still think it has to do with the font bounds. The Japanese part of the Font file may have slightly smaller text bounds than the English characters. The other option would be to try to lower the font size of the text. I'd love to help more, but my hands are pretty full at the moment with the Magical Girl Translation effort.
Not a problem, I'll try to figure out what I can do to solve issue.

Found out the issue, there was string of code in each command, which auto changed the font something else than I had set it in the DefineEditText, problem solved and all commands are visible now.

Just had to edit
<font face="源真ゴシック Normal" size="20" color="#ffffff" letterSpacing="0.00" kerning="1">Attack</font>
to
<font face="HGP創英角ゴシックUB" size="20" color="#ffffff" letterSpacing="0.00" kerning="1">Attack</font>

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Uploading Initial Partial for 'DELETED' now.
Keep in mind I haven't slept for 14 hours now, there are typos, the dialogue is crude, but you will get through the story and battle parts without problems.
I will begin to smoothen the dialogue, add the endings and the H-scene buttons at sometime tomorrow, when I wake up.

Last edited:

Donocad

Reputation score
Uploading Initial Partial for '打倒!超魔王様'now.
Keep in mind I haven't slept for 14 hours now, there are typos, the dialogue is crude, but you will get through the story and battle parts without problems.
I will begin to smoothen the dialogue and add the H-scene buttons at sometime tomorrow, when I wake up.
Yeah ! Thanks !