What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
To anyone looking up to continue where I left on with the latest release,
the Demonlordette (she has no given name) speaks constantly on 3rd person (chuunibu personality, I got the whole evil Megumin vibe coming from all of her lines, I would have lost it totally if she had shouted that one famous line of hers during the battle), she breaks that habit only on love and lewd ending dialogues (turning more of a loyal / horny puppy).
She refers the protag mainly as bastard or human trash, and on rare occasions as a moron (or depending on the ending, either master, servant, mate/lover or just as asshole).

The story goes as follows, Demonlordette wants to unite all the human tribes (she refers human nations/kingdoms as mere tribes) on the continent to fight against upcoming invasion of another,
more larger human tribe, that her spies have reported to be preparing for, but the way she chose to unite everyone, was conquer them with brute force, as the demons believe their strength is the only thing that can unite, or as she says "annex" or "integrate", the scattered human tribes of the continent to stop/repel the invasion, and doesn't leave anyone who resists her "kind" act of benevolence, alive.

And depending on the ending, the protag either becomes;
  • The strategist-ruler with Sima Yi vibes (Lewd).
  • Liu Beish ruler that unites demons and humans as one (Love).
  • Joins the Demonlordette as her right hand man at daylight and sex partner at nights (Servant).
  • Kidnaps the Demonlordette to make a example out of her, to show what happens to demons if they keep invading human lands, aka humialiated/preggers (Rape).

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
the Demonlord speaks constantly on 3rd person (chuunibu personality, I got the whole evil Megumin vibe coming from all of her lines),
she breaks that habit only on love and lewd ending dialogues (turning more of a loyal / horny puppy).
She refers the protag mainly as bastard or human trash, and on rare occasions as a moron.
I'll make a note of that.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
I'll make a note of that.
I will finish the battle lines for Demonlordette, I skipped those at first, as I initially thought those would only be some "Urgh", "Raah!" -kind of lines, but as I played the game myself JUST NOW for the first time, I noticed she actually speaks to the protag in variety of ways during the combat phase, and thus fall into the partial content I would normally cover.

Donocad

Reputation score
I will finish the battle lines for Demonlordette, I skipped those at first, as I initially thought those would only be some "Urgh", "Raah!" -kind of lines, but as I played the game myself JUST NOW for the first time, I noticed she actually speaks to the protag in variety of ways during the combat phase, and thus fall into the partial content I would normally cover.
Hope it's not too late, but I had made a txt zip with your translation. Feel free to use it to complete your translation.

Attachments

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Hope it's not too late, but I had made a txt zip with your translation. Feel free to use it to complete your translation.
The only things that are left untranslated, are the mid sex moans now and the picture parts.
The Rennas was just temporary name I gave for her until I put back the Demonlord title for her, thought she might've sounded cooler with actual name.

And thanks though, that file be super useful 🧐

Donocad

Reputation score
Okay, it's a habit of mine to name after the female main character.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
the Demonlordette (she has no given name) speaks constantly on 3rd person (chuunibu personality, I got the whole evil Megumin vibe coming from all of her lines, I would have lost it totally if she had shouted that one famous line of hers during the battle), she breaks that habit only on love and lewd ending dialogues (turning more of a loyal / horny puppy).
She refers the protag mainly as bastard or human trash, and on rare occasions as a moron (or depending on the ending, either master, servant, mate/lover or just as asshole).

The story goes as follows, Demonlordette wants to unite all the human tribes (she refers human nations/kingdoms as mere tribes) on the continent to fight against upcoming invasion of another,
more larger human tribe, that her spies have reported to be preparing for, but the way she chose to unite everyone, was conquer them with brute force, as the demons believe their strength is the only thing that can unite, or as she says "annex" or "integrate", the scattered human tribes of the continent to stop/repel the invasion, and doesn't leave anyone who resists her "kind" act of benevolence, alive.

And depending on the ending, the protag either becomes;
  • The strategist-ruler with Sima Yi vibes (Lewd).
  • Liu Beish ruler that unites demons and humans as one (Love).
  • Joins the Demonlordette as her right hand man at daylight and sex partner at nights (Servant).
  • Kidnaps the Demonlordette to make a example out of her, to show what happens to demons if they keep invading human lands, aka humialiated/preggers (Rape).
To be charitable, parts of the above spiel take HUGE liberties with the original text. To be blunt, I get the impression of "I don't really understand what the machine is telling me, so I'll make it up as I go along and since it looks cool it won't matter if it's flat out wrong."

Assertion: She refers the protag mainly as bastard or human trash, and on rare occasions as a moron (or depending on the ending, either master, servant, mate/lover or just as asshole).
Original text: Use of 貴様 and 貴様ら to refer to the protagonist and his fellow humans. The term is simply a disrespectful and extremely impolite way of referring to someone in the second person. Liberal translators like to blow it up by using "bastard" or "human trash", but if she really wanted to refer to him that way the terms くそ野郎 (Japanese equivalent) or 人でなし屑 would have been used, but they aren't. She only belittles him as an idiot if she beats him in combat and dismisses him for his weakness.

Assertion: Demon Lord speaks constantly in 3rd person. She has no given name.
Original text: Her name is clearly given from the beginning (魔王レナス). Shouldn't be difficult to use either "Lenas" or "Renas".
Use of 我ら denotes the plural, she's referring to herself and her demon brethren as a whole. If she's referring to just herself (like the introduction in story mode 2-1), she uses the conventional 私.

Assertion:The story goes as follows, Demonlordette wants to unite all the human tribes (she refers human nations/kingdoms as mere tribes) on the continent to fight against upcoming invasion of another,
Original text: それは分かっている。だが貴様らも知ってよう、海の向こうに強大な種族がいるのを。そして、奴らがじきにこちらの大陸に渡ってくるであろうことを。奴らに対抗するには、この大陸の種族が一体となること、そして強い力を持つことが必要だ。力を信奉する我ら魔族が人族を支配すれば、それが可能になる。我らはこの大陸の種族の生存を第一に考えいるので。正義は我らにある。
Subject modified by adjective: 強大な種族 = Formidable species. I cannot fathom why it's assumed to be "human" when the Sovereign clearly refers to both the humans and her own demonkind as 種族. In this case it means different species, and it's a very strong one that threatens to invade from across the seas to the continent the humans and demons are currently at war on.
Subject and verb: 貴様らも知ってよう. There is no mention of spies (fan-fiction fantasies aside) and BOTH the human and demon realms are well aware of the threat posed by the third species across the waters.
Sentence ender: ことを. She's the ruling sovereign of demonkind, and in story-mode 2-1 she even claims she's one of the stronger candidates to have ever occupied the throne. Her speech is inflected to show off arrogance and power, but at the start of the game the humans are on the brink and it's thanks to the player infiltrating a lightly guarded palace that there is a chance that the demons' eventual conquest of the humans can be halted. Calling it "chuuni" without really understanding what the term means doesn't inspire much confidence in the creative writing authenticity.
Argument: 奴らに対抗するには、この大陸の種族が一体となること、そして強い力を持つことが必要だ。力を信奉する我ら魔族が人族を支配すれば、それが可能になる。我らはこの大陸の種族の生存を第一に考えいるので。正義は我らにある。
Translation: To resist the invaders, (the demons) believe the continent must unify and possess great strength (military, physical etc.). As the demons worship strength and power, subjugating the humans under their control will fulfil the two conditions the demons believe are necessary for survival. As they believe might is right, they also see their cause as just and not as wanton aggression. "doesn't leave anyone who resists her "kind" act of benevolence, alive." appears to be nothing more than an assumption/flawed inference with no mention at all in the original text.

Assertion: "The strategist-ruler with Sima Yi vibes"
Original text: しかし南野小国など陥落させてどうするのだ?戦略的には意味がないと思うのだがな。
...お前は軍略にも通じているのだな。
...そちらのほうが真の目的か?呆れた男だ。
Translation: What's the point of conquering the small kingdom in the southern plains? There's no strategic value to such a move.
... It appears you're familiar with military strategy.
... THAT'S your true objective?! Such a trivial man.
Some strategist when the warrior clearly just wants the small kingdom's beautiful princess to be part of his harem. At this point he calls the shots with the backing of the overwhelming military strength of the demon kingdom. (その姫様とやらは、いずれお前の元に送ろう。= That princess or whoever she is, she'll be delivered to you (the warrior) in due time)

The other ending translations are more or less accurate (for the love ending, pre-pregnancy the kingdoms are at a ceasefire and have not yet begun to coexist peacefully. In the pregnant variation, the warrior fight in the stead of the already pregnant Demon Sovereign who is attempting to use the mixed-species child as a symbol of cooperation between two previously warring species).

Not much "improvement" made since two games ago, but it won't matter since players who are desperately in need of some kind of understanding to what they're fapping to won't give a damn about translation accuracy when it makes a bare minimum of sense. Nowadays, the definition of translation has changed from language equivalence to broad conveyance of general meaning with no limit on the creative adaptiveness of the person in charge. A sign of the times I guess.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Just out of curiosity Harleyquin13. When and how did you learn Japanese? I've just started learning in the last few months and have limited my translations to sfx for the time being.

Donocad

Reputation score
Ouch, it hurts to hear this… . It can't be helped when I am still relying on online-translators.
Like Delexicus, I'm curious where ( on the web ) I should look to learn properly japanese.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Your feedback has been received, Harlequin.

But its hard for me to decide, that are you actively trying to provoke me into a fight,
or give me constructive feedback that I can learn to do better.

Because first of all, there's limit on what can be written and shown to player,
would I write sentences as they are, it would be too long for people.
Secondly; these games are not literature competitions, not everything needs to be written down, people are not there to read
the long dialogues between two characters, the players, like you said; "players who are desperately in need of some kind of understanding to what they're fapping to won't give a damn about translation accuracy ", is exactly the reason why I aim to keep things short, yet on point.

It gets the job done, and people get what they're after.

The only one with issues on this is you. and I am not doing these partials to please you in anyway,
use the ignore function and you don't have to see, what you don't like seeing.

And finally;

You do seem to have some sort incapacity to understand what a partial translation is,
its not full, its not accurate, its partial, you're out of your mind if you expect a partial to be a full translation.

You seem be a man with great amount of knowledge to the matter,
but you fail to understand the people that play these games.

Once I've let you trash out something I have spent time to make without making a bigger fuss about it,
but not anymore, I will place you permanently on ignore, so I don't have to deal with you, I respect your
knowledge, but I absolutely despise your sour attitude.

And I am shutting the link down to the game for the time being, I was planning to update the content with more polished version later tonight,
but now I don't feel like doing that anymore.

That is all.

Last edited:

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Your feedback has been received, Harlequin.

But its hard for me to decide, that are you actively trying to provoke me into a fight,
or give me constructive feedback that I can learn to do better.

Because first of all, there's limit on what can be written and shown to player,
would I write sentences as they are, it would be too long for people.
Secondly; these games are not literature competitions, not everything needs to be written down, people are not there to read
the long dialogues between two characters, the players, like you said; "players who are desperately in need of some kind of understanding to what they're fapping to won't give a damn about translation accuracy ", is exactly the reason why I aim to keep things short, yet on point.

It gets the job done, and people get what they're after.

The only one with issues on this is you. and I am not doing these partials to please you in anyway,
use the ignore function and you don't have to see, what you don't like seeing.

And finally;

You do seem to have some sort incapacity to understand what a partial translation is,
its not full, its not accurate, its partial, you're out of your mind if you expect a partial to be a full translation.

You seem be a man with great amount of knowledge to the matter,
but you fail to understand the people that play these games.

Once I've let you trash out something I have spent time to make without making a bigger fuss about it,
but not anymore, I will place you permanently on ignore, so I don't have to deal with you, I respect your
knowledge, but I absolutely despise your sour attitude.

And I am shutting the link down to the game for the time being, I was planning to update the content with more polished version later tonight,
but now I don't feel like doing that anymore.

That is all.
I think most people assume that that when a translator translates something their translation is pretty accurate. Releasing a halfassed translation just kills the chance of a real translation being made since most translators will just glance at it see that it has a "translation" and pick something else to translate instead. I also don't touch games until the sex scenes have been translated since there's not much point to fapping if you can't understand what they're saying while they're having sex. The general meaning of the situation is usually pretty easy to understand even without a translation so the story is less important then the actual sex scenes in my mind.

Raksar

Reputation score
Icevail, for what it's worth, thank you for doing what you did for the translation. I know I don't have the ability to do it.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
I think most people assume that that when a translator translates something their translation is pretty accurate. Releasing a halfassed translation just kills the chance of a real translation being made since most translators will just glance at it see that it has a "translation" and pick something else to translate instead. I also don't touch games until the sex scenes have been translated since there's not much point to fapping if you can't understand what they're saying while they're having sex. The general meaning of the situation is usually pretty easy to understand even without a translation so the story is less important then the actual sex scenes in my mind.

Let's put it this way for you, I give you two lines, first being what Harley wants it to be, second being what I write it to be;

D: "Ram your dick deep into my pussy~ ❤❤❤
Ah~❤ Ah~❤ Aaaah~❤
Shove your babybatter right into my pussy
and fert | ilize my womb with your baby~
Ah~❤ Aah~❤ Ahn~❤
Make me pregnant~❤❤
I'm cumming~~~~❤❤❤"

The | being the spot, where the text is cuts off because there is not enough space for to show it.

This is how I'd write it down as

D:"Ah~❤ I'm cumming~❤
Cum in my pussy~ ❤
I want your baby~ Ah~❤ (or) Impregnate me~❤❤

It won't cut off as I keep the words to bare minimum, but on point.

If you call that being half-assed, then I would love to see you do better with the limitations of not having enough space to write everything down on a single speech bubble,
all of the dialogue simply won't fit in, it has to be cut and shortened.

The player choices are the same, as in english the same occurs over and over again, the full literal english translation simply is too long to be written in full, half or slightly less would go over the given boundary, the dialogue has to be shortened and cut back to make it fit, and at same time to be kept on point.

And it will affect the quality and I can't do jack shit about it, aside shortening and cutting back amount of words to keep it as close as possible to the original content.

Last edited:

Fenko_I

Lurker
Reputation score
What Icevail said is correct, anyone trying to argue against that clearly has no idea what they're talking about and never tried to work on a JSK game, there are severe limitations on what you could possibly write down, I had to go back and cut down a lot of my own translation lines due to them being longer in English than in Russian due to the speech bubble limitations.

If anyone else here believes they can do a better job at translations then by all means go ahead, be my guest, I'm sure some of us who spent their own free time and effort to make a translation would rather sit on their own ass as well and wait for some professional to work on it for free.

You get what we are able to do, maybe it's not the best but we still put effort into it and get stressed over it, it's OK to give feedback or give suggestions, but being an ass about it or being upset that we take a long time to release something is totally uncalled for.

Alblaski

Reputation score
Every translated version of these games have been excellent, and I'm going to add that I very much appreciate and respect the work and effort that goes into the translation process.

Thank you Icevail for the translation of the latest JSK game, you did a great job.

This is my first post here. I just felt compelled to step out of the shadows to make a comment.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Can't you guys just add more bubbles if all the text can't fit into one or find someone who can? Or is that completely impossible or something?

Dreyperro

Reputation score
Can't you guys just add more bubbles if all the text can't fit into one or find someone who can? Or is that completely impossible or something?
I know next to nothing about flash programs but I assume that changing the fundamentals rather than just displayed text is extremely difficult. Either that or it has more to do with how some Japanese sentences translate poorly to English and merely have to be heavily altered to keep them short.

Aside from that, I'll emerge from my lurking cave to thank you guys for all the work you've done; can't wait to see the MGB translation.

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score
@DarkFire1004 Is it possible to block @thatguyinthecorner from this thread? Not as censorship or anything but he's been making passive aggressive posts about the speed and lack of perceived "quality" of the translations despite contributing nothing constructive and also acting like he's entitled to a translation. Pretty please?

@Harleyquin13 If you've come looking for a world-class quality japanese to english translation, why did you come to a site dedicated to hentai games? You're seriously wasting your time and setting your expectations too high, not to mention you seem like you have the skills to help the translation yourself but you're actively coming to criticize the work of others instead of contributing.