What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Donocad

Reputation score
(…)
EDIT 1: I forgot to mention the main feature to have. The ability to export and import the dialogue into a TXT file. This will allow the translators to easily translate and edit their work. With a standard word processing program.
Now that I'm thinking about, a program/script which has to edit directly the .swf/.as file, would be capable to do something else besides the "find&replace" ? I don't think so.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Done with the partial, do try to enjoy what I patched up together from what time I could spare.

(Joke I have nothing but time, but shit ton of stuff I've missed, movies, series, games, etc, I plan to do a lot of catching up.)

Link sent to T-pals

Hint; lewd end, fast speed 1, lust 4.

Adaptive writing, the scenario is heavily hinted through the entire lewd lust 4 dialogue bits on lewd ending, I simply turned it less obscure and packed it in one string.

Last edited:

Tengux

Reputation score
Now that I'm thinking about, a program/script which has to edit directly the .swf/.as file, would be capable to do something else besides the "find&replace" ? I don't think so.
If you actually mean "just look through the file and replace all instances of X with Y" then sure, you can do lots of other stuff given that you know more about the file you want to edit than just what X you want to replace with what Y. find&replace as you put it is just the simplest method of doing it.

ordeup2

Reputation score
is the male in the uncle/niece game or the newest little devil game bald? thats kinda my thing

Fenko_I

Lurker
Reputation score
is the male in the uncle/niece game or the newest little devil game bald? thats kinda my thing
You like super buff and bald JoJo like dudes that get toyed by little horny loli girls?

heywingman

Reputation score
Done with the partial, do try to enjoy what I patched up together from what time I could spare.

(Joke I have nothing but time, but shit ton of stuff I've missed, movies, series, games, etc, I plan to do a lot of catching up.)

Link sent to T-pals

Hint; lewd end, fast speed 1, lust 4.

Adaptive writing, the scenario is heavily hinted through the entire lewd lust 4 dialogue bits on lewd ending, I simply turned it less obscure and packed it in one string.
Hi, I'm new here. I've been keeping myself up to date with the Moody Niece translation progress. It's been in partial translation and unreleased for a long time. Does this mean that you're releasing the partial translation? Who or what are T-pals? How can I get the partial from them? I just checked the mega link in the community guide doc and I only see the 100% save file, but not the .swf file itself.

You've probably heard this many times, but I sincerely appreciate what you and the few other very active translators have done for this community. I understand you folks sacrifice a lot of time (personal, professional, and relationship) for those of us who are too lazy to learn the language or do the translations ourselves. The fact that you do this with little to no reward from any of us, besides the fame of being a consistent quality translator of H-games, is extremely admirable. I thank you and other active translators very much!

Fenko_I

Lurker
Reputation score
The public release of translation works are usually only released by the person/people who worked on the specific translation when they feel it's ready, I believe if Icevail feels like it's something he wants to go out to the public he will drop the link in the main JSK thread or add it to the MEGA link for public access.

T-pals is the nickname Icevail has given to a group of people who are part of the ULMF Translation team.

I'm sure they will appreciate that, it helps to read that people are thankful for their work.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hi, I'm new here. I've been keeping myself up to date with the Moody Niece translation progress. It's been in partial translation and unreleased for a long time. Does this mean that you're releasing the partial translation? Who or what are T-pals? How can I get the partial from them? I just checked the mega link in the community guide doc and I only see the 100% save file, but not the .swf file itself.

You've probably heard this many times, but I sincerely appreciate what you and the few other very active translators have done for this community. I understand you folks sacrifice a lot of time (personal, professional, and relationship) for those of us who are too lazy to learn the language or do the translations ourselves. The fact that you do this with little to no reward from any of us, besides the fame of being a consistent quality translator of H-games, is extremely admirable. I thank you and other active translators very much!
Your gratitude is much appreciated. The T-Pals is how Icevail refers to a translation group by the name of Translators Corner. We've been operating for about a year now and have done quite a bit of unreleased translation work for JSK's games. Our volunteer staffing fluctuates significantly from month to month as people run out of free time, get burned out from overworking themselves, or simply losing interest. Currently we have one active translator and no active proofreaders. Because of this, most of our translation projects are on hold. I personally plan on helping proofread in the future once I finish repair work on a house I plan on renting out.

I know this answer may be disappointing to hear, but it is best to be clear about the state of our staffing to temper expectations.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
I could start working on 'Moody Niece', I think I have something already on it, takes day or two for me to finish up, as I do have the time to do it without interference, but if someone is already working on it, I do not want to overstep their playground and trash the sand castle to build my own. 🤔

As Fenko and Delexicus mentioned in posts above, T-pals is the nickname I call the translation team with, they work together, share knowledge and such, translation buddies, in short T-pals. 🤣

Edit; I went through the moody niece and.. well.. shit.. 😒 I've done the partial for it already, I guess I've either forgot to mention or send it forwards.. Or something else, I am such bird brain at times. :rolleyes: I passed the link to T-pals, but in case they are not around to add it to the archives that Obiwan believes to be incomplete, here's a to partial of moody niece I have done at some point.

JSK tends to use the bluehaired male as protag in the games, but if the hair isn't visible, you are free to assume how the protag looks based on your own ideals. 🤣

Last edited:

Kiava

Reputation score
hi guys i'm new here.
First of all i appreciate what you did for the community, thank you all. i have a question, how do i know when a game's translation is updated ? do i have to check this forum or directly the guide ? thank you again

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
hi guys i'm new here.
First of all i appreciate what you did for the community, thank you all. i have a question, how do i know when a game's translation is updated ? do i have to check this forum or directly the guide ? thank you again
If its me whom you're talking about, I release one partial per game if I've promised to do so, (I used to do several on older titles, but it led to confusion, nasty blacklash from certain users, so I limited it to 1 partial version per game) that covers the necessary parts in order to reach all endings (story bits and player choices + UI) or the use of combat features, I leave the rest for others to finish, everything else is a bonus that I throw in, and the more people pester* me during the process, the less I begin to care finishing it. 😒

I am sorry if this approach on partials on my behalf is lacking somehow. 😖

* "I know you're busy with translating but could I get the version you got now, I can't wait for few days longer."
* "Can I get Link for the game, Pl0x" Etc, kind of pestering.

I would do full translations, but due to repetitive nature of the games dialogue makes the whole process frustrating, not to mention whenever JSK updates the game, everything needs to be redone, since just copy pasting the translated texts into newer version will no doubt lead into breaking the game's code. 😖

And I am not even going to start the personal life limitation bit, that restricts the time I can use for these partials outside special cases. 🤣

Last edited:

Kiava

Reputation score
sorry i din't mean to criticize you or your work, i just wanted to know where do i have to check to know if there's been an update of the tranlations

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
sorry i din't mean to criticize you or your work, i just wanted to know where do i have to check to know if there's been an update of the tranlations
Where did you criticize either o_O? I am just overly verbal whenever someone points a question that I believe is directed at me in some form, then answer questions ahead of time, so people don't ask the same over and over again, I really am beginning to wonder should I throw in a FAQ on my profile page about such, I can be bit of pain in the arse to deal with since I am not one for social graces, and I feel like I have to explain myself to every new guy hoping on board, so they know where the landmines are.

As for the latter bit;

I'd say this thread or the main JSK game thread, in this one we generally talk about translation related stuff (sometimes things go off topic banter), who does what, how to translate, which softwares to use, what is needed and the sort, but as far as I know, no one actually does "Hey, I just updated the translation!" posts. 🤣 (Well, I did that when I was just starting, new post every 8 hour so about updates, improvements, etc)

If someone presents updated version of the translation, one of these two threads should generally have it somewhere, but its easier to check the main JSK thread's 1st page and look for the community guide on OP post, but I will generally provide it here once per game and hand it over to T-pals for finishing touches.

Last edited:

GenesisGamma6

Reputation score
The only thing I'm interested in for Moody Niece is seeing the story dialogue for Rape and Love ends. Hoping that those can be completed in the future some day.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
The only thing I'm interested in for Moody Niece is seeing the story dialogue for Rape and Love ends. Hoping that those can be completed in the future some day.
Do you mean the lewd content or dialogues before and after ending sex?

Because if its the latter, its already covered in the partial I provided with, I have touched only some bits of the lewd parts.

Right now I am working on with the Moody Niece's end_4 sex scene dialogue, practicing on smut writing.

Last edited:

GenesisGamma6

Reputation score
Do you mean the lewd content or dialogues before and after ending sex?

Because if its the latter, its already covered in the partial I provided with, I have touched only some bits of the lewd parts.

Right now I am working on with the Moody Niece's end_4 sex scene dialogue, practicing on smut writing.
Looking at the SUB folder in the partial TL link you provided earlier. Ends 1 and 4 still show their last modified date at end of May 2019.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Funny, the files I just saved say 21th of december, 2019. 🤔 Like I said, I am working on end_4 sex scene dialogue, like right now, now, now, on this very second.

Anyway, I am fairly sure I did do the ending story bits for all routes, I did not touch the sex scene dialogue back then because of reasons, aside from some love ending smut trial runs. 🤣

Is there a problem somewhere along the lines?

Last edited:

GenesisGamma6

Reputation score
Funny, the files I just saved say 21th of december, 2019. 🤔 Like I said, I am working on end_4 sex scene dialogue, like right now, now, now, on this very second.

Anyway, I am fairly sure I did do the ending story bits for all routes, I did not touch the sex scene dialogue back then because of reasons, aside from some love ending smut trial runs. 🤣

Is there a problem somewhere along the lines?
You saved your files on a future date? o_O Neat..

The fact is that when I tried your link again and looked at the ending files, Ends 1 and 4 didn't look like they got updated and retained their Japanese story dialogue when I ran it. Unless I'm supposed to use the AIR version of the game to see the translations...

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Yes, I am a time traveller, you busted me. :eek:
Want to hear about Soviet Union 2.0 or WW5?

I live in a different timezone, obviously, its tomorrow here, when its still yesterday there. xD

I did a double check on End_1 story end dialogue and it would seem that for some reason..
Oh yes.. now I remember..

I hit the wrong save on FFDEC and flipped the table.

Or then I worked on another version of the game while I did it,
I have retail, most recent and uncensored unknown versions lying around.

Well it won't take more than 5 minutes to translate those few lines and be done with it.

Edit; And done, now the End_1 opening / ending dialogue are in english, not included with the partial I provided as this was fixed after I shared it.

Edit;2 I translated most of the End_4 POS4, 1st POV (Missionary sex on bed) scene dialogue for Moody Niece for all ending types, those lines are exactly the same for all positions and povs.
Its what I've practiced on so far in terms of smut, I apologize for the occasional typo that may pop up here and there. xD

<--- Updated 22th December 2019.

1. Unpack
2. Paste it into Moody Niece sub folder
3. Overwrite the file when it asks for it.

Edit;3 By the gods there are typos at WRONG places on the smut file, on "musspy" I spilled my tea on my PC screen when that scene came up, been fixing typos for fun now.

Last edited: