What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Kayin

Reputation score
Hey everyone !
I don't want to bother, but I checked and manually translated (and modifying some MTL) some line in cheeky devil aswell as a few more Karen. I downloaded the JSK parser but my knowledge about java and such is litteraly 0.
I tried to refresh the translation of icevail in my own game with my current translation (cheeky devil) but the parser was just loading indefinitely with no results. Seeing the post above I assume it is part of the problem.

So I tried to translate Karen missing lines instead. But when I use the parser, at some point, it says "something bad occured".

So I would like to know either if :
1.there's a post somewhere to how to use it properly (found a dgoc with minimul input yesterday) or if
2.someone who knows how to use it can actually use my translation, injecct them into the games and either upload it to everyone if the result is satisfying enough or at least send me back the finished product.

cheers ;)

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hey everyone !
I don't want to bother, but I checked and manually translated (and modifying some MTL) some line in cheeky devil aswell as a few more Karen. I downloaded the JSK parser but my knowledge about java and such is litteraly 0.
I tried to refresh the translation of icevail in my own game with my current translation (cheeky devil) but the parser was just loading indefinitely with no results. Seeing the post above I assume it is part of the problem.

So I tried to translate Karen missing lines instead. But when I use the parser, at some point, it says "something bad occured".

1.there's a post somewhere to how to use it properly (found a dgoc with minimul input yesterday) or if
2.someone who knows how to use it can actually use my translation, injecct them into the games and either upload it to everyone if the result is satisfying enough or at least send me back the finished product.

cheers ;)
Which version of the GUI parser are you using? v1.14 or v1.141 BETA or v1.141 BETA portable? I'd suggest using v1.141 BETA portable since it has it's own copy of java to eliminate possible incompatibilities with your installed version of java. I just uploaded v1.141 BETA portable now.

Kayin

Reputation score
Which version of the GUI parser are you using? v1.14 or v1.141 BETA or v1.141 BETA portable? I'd suggest using v1.141 BETA portable since it has it's own copy of java to eliminate possible incompatibilities with your installed version of java. I just uploaded v1.141 BETA portable now.
I was using 1.14 Portable(Windows). Gonna try the .141BETA, thanks for uploading it !

Delexicus

Reputation score
One thing to note about Icevail's translation of Cheeky Devil. The B column needs to have 小悪魔からは逃げられない_fla changed to 小悪魔_fla in the Google Sheet. Icevail used the initial release of the game, while the Japanese version we have on hand uses a newer release. Then apply the translation CSV over the Japanese version.

Kayin

Reputation score
Yeah I saw the issue in the previous post :/ Good news, the parser seems to works (well, at least it doesn't load indefinitely). Now he's giving me a temp_jskparser folder with what I believe is the game file and the sub folder.
The game file tho is a folder and not a .swf file... But I guess it's becuse of the "column B" problem. I'm gonna change the whole column and see if I get a SWF files instead of a folder !

Delexicus

Reputation score
After much fiddling with the GUI JSK parser, it looks like I was approaching the problems I found from the wrong direction. The Parser is smart enough to figure out different file and script folder names between SWFs and CSV files. The trick is to merge the CSV files in the proper order. I'll elaborate later. I'm beat and am going to crash for the night.

EDIT 1) So the proper order to transfer a translation from one version of a game to another is as follows.

Use the GUI JSK Parser and deconstruct the following.

- The new Japanese version of a game. [{game_name}_JAP_new.csv]
- The old translated version of a game. [{game_name}_Eng_old.csv]

- Grab the latest translation google sheet for said game. [{game_name}_Eng_sheet.csv]

- Load a copy of {game_name}_JAP_new.csv into the Translation File Location of the GUI parser.

Use the GUI Parser's merge table function from the pull down menu.

1.) Merge {game_name}_JAP_new_copy.csv [Text to Translation]
{game_name}_Eng_old.csv

2.) Merge {game_name}_JAP_new_copy.csv [Translation to Translation]
↑ {game_name}_Eng_sheet.csv ↑

3.) rename {game_name}_JAP_new_copy.csv to {game_name}_JAP_new_combined.csv

This procedure will make sure that the Japanese text column of the {game_name}_JAP_new_combined.csv has all entries in Japanese. And all the extracted text from the translated game SWFs are transferred to the Translation column of {game_name}_JAP_new_combined.csv. Then any new translations from the Google sheet are added on top of the game's extracted translation.

It's a bit much to do, but it should only need to be done on games that were translated directly with FFDEC. Any translations done directly in google sheets only need to merge {game_name}_Eng_sheet.csv into {game_name}_JAP_new_copy.csv per game update.

Note: The GUI JSK Parser is smart enough to know if some fields no longer exist in a new game version. The parser will then ask if you'd like to store the unused entries to a separate CSV file.

Last edited:

Tengux

Reputation score
Hey everyone !

cheers ;)
I'd be very willing to help you with the stuff you are asking for. I'd appreciate if you could send me the files that you used with Karen so I can try and debug what is happening in your situation.
I would agree that I really should get to make some documentaton for this JSK parser if more people are to use it.
I'm currently away on travel for work related reasons, so it might be a bit before I can fix your problem.

Kayin

Reputation score
I'd be very willing to help you with the stuff you are asking for. I'd appreciate if you could send me the files that you used with Karen so I can try and debug what is happening in your situation.
I would agree that I really should get to make some documentaton for this JSK parser if more people are to use it.
I'm currently away on travel for work related reasons, so it might be a bit before I can fix your problem.
Thanks for your concern ! I managed to get the parser works thanks to Delexicus. I made a fresh install of JAVA, but I think the problem lied on the fact that my PC was set on Japanese locale setting, and it somehow messed up with the parser when he tried to create .swf files. Most likely under jp locale, some software replace "/" with "¥", and could have been why I had no .swf files, the parser being unable to find the right path it just brute crashed.
Since I re-installed JAVA and set my PC back to a Western locale, Idk which was the most troublesome for the parser, sorry.

Also, the fix duplicate kind of messed up one of my files, some duplicate being fixed, but with the wrong words. Not all, so that's weird.

Anyway, I'm making progress, so it's a win after all ;)

ordeup2

Reputation score
Hey was just wondering if theres a TL and/or decensor for Cheeky devil? Thanks!

_North

Reputation score
So I've been trying the Parser tool out and I'm running into issues. I've tried this on both my laptop (Win 10 Western Locale) and my dekstop (Win 10 Jap Locale).
The portable version says I don't have the right requirements, even though it has the JRE. The normal version does not give me the message because I installed the JRE.
Either way, the deconstruct tool seems to stall on the last swf, though the csv file looks fine. The compile tool also seems to crash when it comes around to making the swf. I'm looking at 17 demoness, so I figured I'd just extract the csv from the swf and put it back in to prevent any possibility of the different naming I see happen in some of the posts above. Sorry for being a mess.

EDIT
I reinstalled the JRE, and it works on my desktop now. I ran the duplicate fixer and machine TL'd the remaining lines, this is 17) Overthrow! The Great Demoness

Last edited:

Kayin

Reputation score
So I've been trying the Parser tool out and I'm running into issues. I've tried this on both my laptop (Win 10 Western Locale) and my dekstop (Win 10 Jap Locale).
The portable version says I don't have the right requirements, even though it has the JRE. The normal version does not give me the message because I installed the JRE.
Either way, the deconstruct tool seems to stall on the last swf, though the csv file looks fine. The compile tool also seems to crash when it comes around to making the swf. I'm looking at 17 demoness, so I figured I'd just extract the csv from the swf and put it back in to prevent any possibility of the different naming I see happen in some of the posts above. Sorry for being a mess.

EDIT
I reinstalled the JRE, and it works on my desktop now. I ran the duplicate fixer and machine TL'd the remaining lines, this is 17) Overthrow! The Great Demoness
Hi ! I would love to see your TL, but the link has been taken down :/

Delexicus

Reputation score
Uploading _North's Machine translation of Overthrow! The Great Demoness to the JSK MEGA Repository now. I'm curious, is this completely a machine translation, or is it based on the Translator's Corner Partial?

_North

Reputation score
The latter. From my glim through of the machine TL, the pronouns were the only real issue, which could be fixed.

Milkmaster

Lurker
Reputation score
Sorry to be a bother but how exactly do I use the translation for cheeky devil? From what I gathered is you use the parser to recompile correct? However when I do use it I get a warning saying I have low system specs and lack the requirements to run JPEX. If I ignore the warning and continue it leads me to this
b925e42ef274d2a733944dc7a39abe26.png
Am I doing something wrong or am I out of luck?

Delexicus

Reputation score
Sorry to be a bother but how exactly do I use the translation for cheeky devil? From what I gathered is you use the parser to recompile correct? However when I do use it I get a warning saying I have low system specs and lack the requirements to run JPEX. If I ignore the warning and continue it leads me to this
View attachment 29995
Am I doing something wrong or am I out of luck?
The Translation has already been applied to the game in the MEGA repository. It has some issues though.

That particular parser error happens because you have 32 bit Java installed. That needs to be uninstalled and only 64 bit Java installed instead. Either that or you have low system ram {4gb or less}.

LuffyOwnsU

Reputation score
Hello everyone! I'm sorry to ask the same question that was most likely asked a thousand times before but is there any step by step beginner guide on how to properly translate the games?

I'm really bad at following the instructions and guides that are available and can never actually have the game translated. I'm terrible with kind of stuff and get lost very easily.

Once again, sorry to ask a question that you must've heard a thousand times already.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hello everyone! I'm sorry to ask the same question that was most likely asked a thousand times before but is there any step by step beginner guide on how to properly translate the games?

I'm really bad at following the instructions and guides that are available and can never actually have the game translated. I'm terrible with kind of stuff and get lost very easily.

Once again, sorry to ask a question that you must've heard a thousand times already.
That's a simple question with a complex answer. Where to begin... I'll write up an overview after my work shift.

EDIT 1) I should clarify, are you asking about how to apply an existing translation? Or how to make your own?

Last edited: