What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Delexicus

Reputation score
I don't think it would. AIR is kind of basically a prepackaged SWF environment. I'm pretty sure you can open up the air files in 7zip and just see all the flash files in there. Maybe if you really want to you can replace the swf files in there via 7zip after you're done translating.

I'm not sure though, been a while since I've even glanced at flash for anything.

I think if you want a reply from tengu though you should either @ call him or quote one of his posts as he's the one who programmed the thing.
Just did a quick test and yes, you can open air files in 7zip at least. It's just the standard files we are used to seeing. Main game SWF, sub folder, META-INF folder, and a mimetype file in the .air package. That's quite the relief. No need to rewrite our tools just yet.

EDIT 1: I finished making Google Sheets for most of the partially translated JSK games. I'm just waiting for Translator Corner members input before I post anything. In the mean time, here's a since the game translation has already been released.

EDIT 2: I've gone ahead and made a new section in the community guide listing the Collaborative Translation Google Sheets.

Last edited:

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
To clarify, just typing start java -jar -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m jskparsergui.jar in the Bash prompt was enough to get the JAVA parser running on Linux?
Er, sorry, no word "start" either. But yes, "java -jar -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m jskparsergui.jar".

Delexicus

Reputation score
Er, sorry, no word "start" either. But yes, "java -jar -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m jskparsergui.jar".
Thanks for the clarification.

EDIT 1:

It looks like on the fly duplicate phrase replacement can work in Google sheets. Someone already did the scripting work and . It just needs to be adapted to our needs.

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
I've added Google Sheets of the following partial Translators Corner translations. These translations have not been released to the public before today. Please bare in mind these translations are in various stages of completion. You can find these Sheets via the . Look for the Collaborative Translation Google Sheets section in the table of contents.

16.) Magical Girl Buster - Mia
17.) Great Demon Lord - Rennas
18.) Caring for a moody Niece - Maki

These translations are being released in their current state because they are basically in a holding pattern. No significant progress has been made in over three months, or more, for these translation projects.

My hope is that intrepid individuals will be inspired by what they see, and have an urge to improve these translations further. These Google Sheets are free to be translated, proofread, edited and redistributed as anyone sees fit. I will be going over these Sheets in the coming days to reintroduce the full Japanese texts for translation reference. I have done this already for 20.) Nano - Cornered by a Cheeky Devil.

Please let me know if you have any questions on how to edit or use these Google Sheets.

These Google sheets can be downloaded and applied to their respective games with the JAVA GUI parser. This will let anyone test out these translations in their current state. Further instructions can be found in the .

berko19

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've added Google Sheets of the following partial Translators Corner translations. These translations have not been released to the public before today. Please bare in mind these translations are in various stages of completion. You can find these Sheets via the . Look for the Collaborative Translation Google Sheets section in the table of contents.

16.) Magical Girl Buster - Mia
17.) Great Demon Lord - Rennas
18.) Caring for a moody Niece - Maki

These translations are being released in their current state because they are basically in a holding pattern. No significant progress has been made in over three months, or more, for these translation projects.

My hope is that intrepid individuals will be inspired by what they see, and have an urge to improve these translations further. These Google Sheets are free to be translated, proofread, edited and redistributed as anyone sees fit. I will be going over these Sheets in the coming days to reintroduce the full Japanese texts for translation reference. I have done this already for 20.) Nano - Cornered by a Cheeky Devil.

Please let me know if you have any questions on how to edit or use these Google Sheets.

These Google sheets can be downloaded and applied to their respective games with the JAVA GUI parser. This will let anyone test out these translations in their current state. Further instructions can be found in the .
hey delexicus, thanks for the uploads. but whenever i tried to use the jsk parser both the normal and the portable one it always got until the "Exporting scripts from: sub\suimin_seijyo.swf" which gave me an error which said: "Something bad has happened... 13". i cant seem to get around this

edit: btw this is for magical girl buster

Delexicus

Reputation score
I had the same error. It's because of the extra utility columns I added. The Language detection column specifically. I'll move that column to a separate sheet for now. I'll have to let Tengux know. The parser is supposed to ignore any column past M.

EDIT 1: I removed the Language detection column. It should work now. If not, then I'll keep tweaking these sheets till they do.

Delexicus

Reputation score
Just a reminder. Please use the Fix Duplicates button on the CVS file before you Recompile. Otherwise you'll have a bunch of stars in the dialogue.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
I haven't really gotten to that part yet, I'll do more thorough check on it when I have a proper chance, if its not work, its the dog or the ball and chain wanting my undivided attention. 😂

Delexicus

Reputation score
You supply us with more than your fair share. No explanations are in order.

berko19

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I had the same error. It's because of the extra utility columns I added. The Language detection column specifically. I'll move that column to a separate sheet for now. I'll have to let Tengux know. The parser is supposed to ignore any column past M.

EDIT 1: I removed the Language detection column. It should work now. If not, then I'll keep tweaking these sheets till they do.
okay well now it is working but maybe i just dont know how to use it. so i open the parser select the swf for the game and the cvs file for the translation, then fix duplicates, then select the folder with the sub folder and the swf to save the temp files right? well after all that the program is running forever just after "Rewriting: sub\end_dougu.swf\scripts\end_dougu_fla\眉_うつむき_感じ_151.as". i think im having a problem with the part "select a directory to save the translation files" but i dont know where to put them

Delexicus

Reputation score
That's just were you want the game saved. It should be a fresh directory. You may be overwriting a file you need by pointing to the sub folder. The Temp folder is made automatically. You could also be attempting to use the CSV file on an older version of the game.

EDIT 1: I've had Google Sheets on my mind too much. I forgot to release the compiled games to the Repository. Check the Mega Repository for the Translators Corner version of MGB. It's uploading now. I'll get the other games uploaded later today.

EDIT 2: Magical Girl Buster upload complete.

Last edited:

berko19

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Alas in the end i could not get the parser to work, but the one you uploaded is working great. thanks guys

Delexicus

Reputation score
I think it was a game version mismatch. Once The translated games are in the Repository, that issue should be fixed for future translation work.

Tengux

Reputation score
I'll look into all your issues, when I get back from work today.
Obviously I also need to work on making the translations version independent, I'll get there :)

Delexicus

Reputation score
The Translator Corner partial for 18.) Caring for a moody niece has been uploaded to the JSK Mega Repository.
17.) Overthrow! The Great Demoness Translators Corner partial is now uploaded.

Last edited:

land0ffairy

Lurker
Reputation score
Hey, Sorry to interrupt
I just want to inform that in Translators Corner partial mia H scene become greatest demoness
idk which mia sub file though

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hey, Sorry to interrupt
I just want to inform that in Translators Corner partial mia H scene become greatest demoness
idk which mia sub file though
Thanks for the heads up. I'll investigate it shortly.

I had a look at all the Mia sub files and everything is in order. I think I know why you had this problem though. If you downloaded Overthrow! The Great Demoness into the same directory as Mia, then the Great Demoness sub files would have overwritten the Mia sub files. I'd suggest re-downloading both games and placing them into separate directories.

Last edited:

My_name_is_Deack

Reputation score
Okey, sorry if i am miss some of posts that solve my problem, but i am translating a game right now, not to a english, but my national language, and i have a problem that my letters are too separated, and i had to translate text very briefl, to economize text. Here is, a lot of free space between letters, so i am sure here is must b a way to *squeeze* them

Delexicus

Reputation score
Okey, sorry if i am miss some of posts that solve my problem, but i am translating a game right now, not to a english, but my national language, and i have a problem that my letters are too separated, and i had to translate text very briefl, to economize text. Here is, a lot of free space between letters, so i am sure here is must b a way to *squeeze* them
You need to replace the dialogue font being used in game. Here's a I made up awhile back. Here's the post I made about the Frankenfont.

//Scraped from post #584//

That was quite the endeavor. I've been trying to figure out how to fit more characters in the text box while still maintaining easy legibility. I think I've found a decent compromise. I looked through and tested a bunch of fonts but I finally settled on two candidates. Georgia Condensed, looks very nice and is easy to read and gives you about 15% more space to work with. And MS Himalayan, an exceptionally small font that gives you about 40% more space to work with. It's also very hard on the eyes though. I decided to make a frankenfont out of the two. I kept the letters and numbers from Georgia condensed and overwrote the space, comma, period, and ellipsis with MS Himalayan. This gives a font that has about 20% to 25% more room to work with depending on how spacing and punctuation heavy the line is.

Last edited: