What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Tengux

Reputation score
If it worked with the portable then there is something with your java installation that prevented the application from getting the memory it needed. :)

Delexicus

Reputation score
As a plus, JPEX should be more stable too after you figure out your Java install problem.

Also, here's a link to .

Tengux

Reputation score
I'd suggest a Google sheet. It's web based so you can even edit it from a phone if you wanted. Plus you could share the workload in real time.
Yep, upload to Google Drive and opening with Google Sheets works really well, then if you want to download the file again, you just have to go File > Download > Comma-separated values (.csv).
Or if you are feeling like lone wolfing it, then probably Excel, Libreoffice or any other excel-like program or light-weight CSV editor will do. You can use notepad too, but I wouldn't recommend that only because figuring out where to write would be hellish :)

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
I'll give it a shot when the eagle is not staring me with knifes in her eyes, if you don't hear about me in few days.

It means ball and chain is hanging out on the mall, while me.. from a rope. :ROFLMAO:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Yep, upload to Google Drive and opening with Google Sheets works really well, then if you want to download the file again, you just have to go File > Download > Comma-separated values (.csv).
Or if you are feeling like lone wolfing it, then probably Excel, Libreoffice or any other excel-like program or light-weight CSV editor will do. You can use notepad too, but I wouldn't recommend that only because figuring out where to write would be hellish :)
I've done it manually through JPEX until now, what could ever be more hellish than that? 😂

Tengux

Reputation score
I've done it manually through JPEX until now, what could ever be more hellish than that? 😂
I can come with several ways to make your life more difficult if you are feeling like taking a challenge 🙃

Delexicus

Reputation score
Not much. But I hope you seek out a less hellish alternative when available. No point jumping into those flames when you don't need to.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
I can come with several ways to make your life more difficult if you are feeling like taking a challenge 🙃
No~o~o! :eek:

Well, the good thing is, it looks simple enough to go through the lines now, without scrolling up down left right across the entire string for the variations of dialogue based on route.

I need to give this sheet thing a better look at some point, but to be certain, those ***** random text here ***** are duplicates and can be left alone, and the fix duplicates command in the java gui overwrites those with the translated lines, assuming it does what I assume it does?

Is that even a proper english sentence? :unsure:

Cheers for making softa like this, if I ever, EVER learn to use it properly, it would cut hours from the usual amount, more progress with less time and wrong save button pressing.

You have no idea how many time I have pressed the wrong save button in JPEX after doing the ENTIRE .as in english, due to being sleepy or tired, killing off ALL the work I spend for hours to pull. :cautious:

Last edited:

Tengux

Reputation score
No~o~o! :eek:

Well, the good thing is, it looks simple enough to go through the lines now, without scrolling up down left right across the entire string for the variations of dialogue based on route.

I need to give this sheet thing a better look at some point, but to be certain, those ***** random text here ***** are duplicates and can be left alone, and the fix duplicates command in the java gui overwrites those with the translated lines, assuming it does what I assume it does?

Is that even a proper english sentence? :unsure:
Proper english? No clue. But what you just described is exactly what that does :)

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Proper english? No clue. But what you just described is exactly what that does :)
Regarding the software, would it be possible to write in code that finds and replaces duplicates? JSK reuses a lot of lines when writing dialogue. It's be really cool if as soon as a line is finished translating it auto translates duplicates as well.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Regarding the software, would it be possible to write in code that finds and replaces duplicates? JSK reuses a lot of lines when writing dialogue. It's be really cool if as soon as a line is finished translating it auto translates duplicates as well.
That JSK does, the erotic lines are almost identical when comparing game to another, that's why I opted to rewrite some of the lines to give it more variation, while still maintaining the original meaning of it, or then just get creative about it and write it out how my kinks prefer it, just like you saw in the orekko remake's doggy style 1 S-end post game scene, where I used the entire S-end dialogue as base for the rewritten dialogue, you know, fertile cycle, doing it raw, cumming inside on dangerous day, provoking the mc to cum inside, trapping him forever into her leash, etc.

Last edited:

Tengux

Reputation score
The application does have the 'Fix duplicates' option which translates all duplicates in the csv that it is pointed to. However sadly there is no way to do this on the fly while maintaining the ability to change the translation using mostly standard software and more importantly google sheets to be able to easily collaborate on translations.
So that isn't going to be much better that this I expect :)

That JSK does, the erotic lines are almost identical when comparing game to another, that's why I opted to rewrite some of the lines to give it more variation, while still maintaining the original meaning of it, or then just get creative about it and write it out how my kinks prefer it, just like you saw in the orekko remake's doggy style 1 S-end post game scene, where I used the entire S-end dialogue as base for the rewritten dialogue, you know, fertile cycle, doing it raw, cumming inside on dangerous day, provoking the mc to cum inside, etc.
Right now this isn't an option, you can only have one translation for all duplicates of the same line, but I do have an improvement in mind that would allow you to do this and have multiple translations for the same line, for this reason I have also made the 'Fix duplicates' function deliberately ignore changing the duplicate if there is already a different translation present.
I'll look into writing this improvement in when next time I'm looking into the application when i have free time :)

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Right now this isn't an option, you can only have one translation for all duplicates of the same line, but I do have an improvement in mind that would allow you to do this and have multiple translations for the same line, for this reason I have also made the 'Fix duplicates' function deliberately ignore changing the duplicate if there is already a different translation present.
I'll look into writing this improvement in when next time I'm looking into the application when i have free time :)
Oh, no, no, no! :eek:

I was replying to the reuse of dialogues part of Aesthetic's comment, sorry if it came out the wrong way. 😲

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
I think having a search and replace by definition file would be a good thing to include in the GUI parser. Currently we have the Sound Effects Replacer using HTD files. These definition files are already made and readily available. If need be, they could be imported into CSV files. That way the GUI parser could digest them easier.

KarasMorrigu

Reputation score
I am going to have to try this out at a later date. Thanks for making something us non-techies can use. Question though, will it work on the adobe AIR files?

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I am going to have to try this out at a later date. Thanks for making something us non-techies can use. Question though, will it work on the adobe AIR files?
I don't think it would. AIR is kind of basically a prepackaged SWF environment. I'm pretty sure you can open up the air files in 7zip and just see all the flash files in there. Maybe if you really want to you can replace the swf files in there via 7zip after you're done translating.

I'm not sure though, been a while since I've even glanced at flash for anything.

I think if you want a reply from tengu though you should either @ call him or quote one of his posts as he's the one who programmed the thing.

KarasMorrigu

Reputation score
0_0 Did not know zip and rar programs could be used that way.

Last edited:

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
A starter SH file would need to be created though. If there is a Linux person willing and able to make such a file, please let us know.
I don't have a "javaw" installed, instead I just have a plain "java". But other than that, running the single line in the .bat file seems to work fine as-is?

Delexicus

Reputation score
I don't have a "javaw" installed, instead I just have a plain "java". But other than that, running the single line in the .bat file seems to work fine as-is?
To clarify, just typing start java -jar -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m jskparsergui.jar in the Bash prompt was enough to get the JAVA parser running on Linux?