What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Not to nag or anything, but is there a fuller translation of the elven knight game somewhere else I can't find? It's marked as translated in the community guide, and I'm seeing a huge amount of untranslated text, particularly in game modes 2 and 3.
You must be referring to the battle phase, where Latina speaks in moonrunes while she is preparing her next attack, as the one of the translators of the title in question, I felt like those are not necessary to turn into English, as those lines serve no purpose in progression, those are just; "Eat this!", "Have at thee!", "Face my wrath!", "I will defeat you!", "I shall never yield!" types of lines. 🤔

Same applies to armor / cloth destruction lines, not necessary to progress in the game, when those lines are just; "What are you doing!?", "So this is what you were aiming for?", "How dare you!?", "He is so strong!" types of lines. 🤔

Hence my version of the translation is called a partial. 😣

Also, I don't do lewd content translation, so there is that as well. 🤔

Last edited:

Overkill

Reputation score
The only thing translated in modes 2 and 3 is the dialogue choices, everything else is untranslated.
I guess it should be flagged as a partial in the guide then, rather than "translated"?

Delexicus

Reputation score
The only thing translated in modes 2 and 3 is the dialogue choices, everything else is untranslated.
I guess it should be flagged as a partial in the guide then, rather than "translated"?
I must have missed that when I added the Latina entry to the guide. I'll change it to read as a partial.

EDIT 1: I've confirmed. A few of the Mode 2 and 3 intro dialogue's are in Japanese. Translation status changed to 95% complete.

Last edited:

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Do me a favor, take and replace the main swf with it from devielf.
Note that its made on the retail version of the game, so make a backup of your own file before replacing it with mine.

I am fairly sure I did translate everything necessary and important in the version I handed down to the T-pals

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
@Cyber Eclipse

Figuring out where the dialogues are located in Action Script files can be difficult with JPEXS. To start out I'd suggest giving Tengux's JAVA GUI Text Parser v1.141 a try. It's located in the Translation and Flash modding Resources Mega Repository. Look in the downloads section of the . It allows you to extract texts to a CSV file, import back into the game files from a CSV file, detect and populate duplicate text lines on the CSVs, and merge several extracted and/or edited CSV files together. These CSV files can be opened by any spreadsheet program or web service. I personally would recommend using Google Sheets. Here is an of one that is being collaborated on now.

I'd also suggest looking over the JSK Community Guide. Specifically the Translating Tools 101 section on page four. As well as the Translation tool Usage Guides and helpful pointers section on page six. You can find a link to the Guide in my signature as well as the first post.

If you have any questions regarding just about anything translation related, just leave a message here and I'm sure we'll be able to help you figure out what's what.

Last edited:

JGUIDO

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm sure this sort of post is extremely annoying so I'll apologize in advance. I tried reading through the entire thread but I'm still a little confused over which translations are complete, downloadable, and/or playable.

I'm mainly interested in the fighting games like,

Girl Who Assaults Older Men (super new and I've seen few mentions of it so I'm guessing not done)
Demon Lord and Elf Knightress
Mistaken for Battle Girl's Object
Overthrow Great Demoness
Magical Girl Buster
Miyui Neighbor Swordsman
Reimi Queen of Martial Arts
Princess Irene
Karen

I'm sorry again, I've also looked through the main repository and its not always clear there either.

Delexicus

Reputation score
I'm sure this sort of post is extremely annoying so I'll apologize in advance. I tried reading through the entire thread but I'm still a little confused over which translations are complete, downloadable, and/or playable.

I'm mainly interested in the fighting games like,

Girl Who Assaults Older Men (super new and I've seen few mentions of it so I'm guessing not done)
Demon Lord and Elf Knightress
Mistaken for Battle Girl's Object
Overthrow Great Demoness
Magical Girl Buster
Miyui Neighbor Swordsman
Reimi Queen of Martial Arts
Princess Irene
Karen

I'm sorry again, I've also looked through the main repository and its not always clear there either.
Look in the credits section of the JSK Community Guide. The completion status is listed there. Check my signature for a link to the guide.

JGUIDO

Lurker
Reputation score
Look in the credits section of the JSK Community Guide. The completion status is listed there. Check my signature for a link to the guide.
Awesome. I had not seen that section before yet. Thanks. So it looks like the confirmed 100% completed ones are Miyui and Irene.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
T-pals and I have done those games to playable state.

I've been looking at Karen lately for improving its quality on translation side, but I can't promise I can do much on the picture assets of the game, namely the Stats / skill placement screen is tough nut to crack, due to the up to down, right to left traditional style of japanese writing it has, beyond my ability to produce that part of text as english.

The lewd bits however, I'd prefer someone more capable for that part, not my strongest suite to deliver the fap lines. :unsure:

Last edited:

Delexicus

Reputation score
T-pals and I have done those games to playable state.

I've been looking at Karen lately for improving its quality on translation side, but I can't promise I can do much on the picture assets of the game, namely the Stats / skill placement screen, due to the up to down, right to left traditional style of japanese writing it has.
I've thought about the Karen skill screen as well. It would need to be reformated almost completely to have horizontal planks to accommodate English.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
I've thought about the Karen skill screen as well. It would need to be reformated almost completely to have horizontal planks to accommodate English.

Way beyond me, I almost felt like I should delete those bits, and write the english on the picture assets instead on the bottom layer, but that would result in severe neck snaps as people would try to read those.

Archknight

Lurker
Reputation score
Way beyond me, I almost felt like I should delete those bits, and write the english on the picture assets instead on the bottom layer, but that would result in severe neck snaps as people would try to read those.
Maybe including a readme could be a temporary solution? Like it could start out as "Stats, from top left to bottom right", then give the necessary details, then the same can be done for the skills and such. A edited screenshot could be provided too that can be viewed while reading to give more guidance, no neck snapping needed to get an idea of how things work!

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Maybe including a readme could be a temporary solution? Like it could start out as "Stats, from top left to bottom right", then give the necessary details, then the same can be done for the skills and such. A edited screenshot could be provided too that can be viewed while reading to give more guidance, no neck snapping needed to get an idea of how things work!
There is one (Readme) included already, comes with the game files. (y)

Sochiro

Reputation score
I downloaded the JSK games from F95zone and I noticed something peculiar with the .swf file for Overthrow the Demon Queen where all endings and modes have already been unlocked. I restarted the game while deleting the save and even tinkered with the save via minerva but all what that did was revert back the save to its default settings. Do you know how to change the save into a fresh, no-progress one? Or do you have, or know anyone who has a no-progress .swf file of the game? Translated of course.

Delexicus

Reputation score
I downloaded the JSK games from F95zone and I noticed something peculiar with the .swf file for Overthrow the Demon Queen where all endings and modes have already been unlocked. I restarted the game while deleting the save and even tinkered with the save via minerva but all what that did was revert back the save to its default settings. Do you know how to change the save into a fresh, no-progress one? Or do you have, or know anyone who has a no-progress .swf file of the game? Translated of course.
I would suggest getting a fresh copy of the game in question. Look for the downloads section in the JSK Community Guide. It's linked in my signature.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
They probably use the same version as is in the pack here in the OP, which is a hacked version with all the scenes already unlocked.

Delexicus

Reputation score
They probably use the same version as is in the pack here in the OP, which is a hacked version with all the scenes already unlocked.
The hacked versions are specifically labeled as such in the JSK Repository. I have played all, and uploaded many, of the games stored there. They all have functional progression. I kindly suggest trying out the games in the JSK Repository first before resorting to assumptions.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
I mistook this for main thread and was referring to Ace's pack.
I kindly suggest acting like less of a haughty cockhead.