What's new

JSK工房 Hgames Translation Thread

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Ever had someone as your apprentice at work / hobby / other forms of social activity?
Would it make sense not to let them have something to do to learn the ropes with?

There is one individual within T-pals that have just begun to spread their wings in translation effort,
if I did everything, there would be nothing for this individual to work with, no room to learn and improve,
not that I am in position to say that when it comes to my own quality being sub par decent at best.
I mean that would be true if this was the only untranslated game left but there's still like half a dozen of them so I don't see why they couldn't just work on those ones instead.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I mean that would be true if this was the only untranslated game left but there's still like half a dozen of them so I don't see why they couldn't just work on those ones instead.
Nah guy, it's still true whether it's 1 game or 1000.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Last I checked, they were working on Maki, but with limited staff and time, would help if there were more hands on deck on their end.
And I am currently working on making partial to ' ', covering UI, quest progression hints and lewd bits (fixing some of the scene related picture bugs devs missed out on their QA if there even was any), and before this one, I added partial content to Yukifan's partial to ' ', namely endings and some of the lewd scenes, and then some UI gallery improvements to with ending lewd bits, so I can't exactly be of any use for them as of now, since I am practicing on my smut dialogue with these said games, I too need to improve in this field, since I simply can't keep saying smut ain't my field every time I do partials, its what people get their their boners ready for after all.

I also worked on , translated its lewd content completely, but since it has lolish main characters, I won't post pics about it due to forums rules.
Improved its broken english to western standards.

And no, I won't share most of these translations to public (Home guard + Saeko + Vampire Notes), due to these being only used for personal practice, or simply because I have been told not to.

Last edited:

Tellukoz

Reputation score
Ok, so the skirt thing was a bug of the game, then I'll wait for the translation to be ported to the latest version

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Ok, so the skirt thing was a bug of the game, then I'll wait for the translation to be ported to the latest version
Yep, this is what happens if I DO TOUCH graphical assets in the game, it goes fubar real fast.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Last I checked, they were working on Maki, but with limited staff and time, would help if there were more hands on deck on their end.
And I am currently working on making partial to ' ', covering UI, quest progression hints and lewd bits (fixing some of the scene related picture bugs devs missed out on their QA if there even was any), and before this one, I added partial content to Yukifan's partial to ' ', namely endings and some of the lewd scenes, and then some UI gallery improvements to with ending lewd bits, so I can't exactly be of any use for them as of now, since I am practicing on my smut dialogue with these said games, I too need to improve in this field, since I simply can't keep saying smut ain't my field every time I do partials, its what people get their their boners ready for after all.

I also worked on , translated its lewd content completely, but since it has lolish main characters, I won't post pics about it due to forums rules.
Improved its broken english to western standards.

And no, I won't share most of these translations to public (Home guard + Saeko + Vampire Notes), due to these being only used for personal practice, or simply because I have been told not to.
The fact that you won't share these translations pisses me off like you won't believe but that's your choice in the end an I can't change that.

Also since you want to work on your lewds it's critique time.

For Majokko Sharry "more deeper" is an incorrect modifier use it's like saying something is big huge which makes shit just sounds weird. You'll need to drop one of them for the sentence to be correct although I'd suggest dropping "more" since you used "deeper" earlier and using it again emphasizes it giving it more of an impact.

The only thing I see that could be wrong with Le dernier is that the second comma might be unneeded. I've never been that good with commas so I might be mistaken about that however.

As for Home Guard 2- Lewd warning while there is nothing grammatically wrong with it I think the sentence could flow better. For example "The pleasure could be seen on her face as my cock pounded the deepest part of her pussy." However if this game is more of an oldtime or higher society setting then I'd think your version would fit better since it's more proper sounding then casual.

The biggest pitfall for writing lewds and even writing in general is incorrect grammar. It's even worse then typos (which are still pretty bad) because of how the brain works when reading since while it's possible to miss typos when reading something if you hit a grammar error it's almost guaranteed to break the flow of the words and subsequently the reader's immersion because they have to stop reading to mentally correct the sentence. While that might only take a single second or two to fix in the reader's head that's still a second or two that the reader is interrupted from their reading and no one likes to be interrupted when they're enjoying something. So the biggest advice I could give you is to not make mistakes in the language you're writing in.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
The fact that you won't share these translations pisses me off like you won't believe but that's your choice in the end an I can't change that.

For Majokko Sharry "more deeper" is an incorrect modifier use it's like saying something is big huge which makes shit just sounds weird. You'll need to drop one of them for the sentence to be correct although I'd suggest dropping "more" since you used "deeper" earlier and using it again emphasizes it giving it more of an impact.

The only thing I see that could be wrong with Le dernier is that the second comma might be unneeded. I've never been that good with commas so I might be mistaken about that however.

As for Home Guard 2- Lewd warning while there is nothing grammatically wrong with it I think the sentence could flow better. For example "The pleasure could be seen on her face as my cock pounded the deepest part of her pussy." However if this game is more of an oldtime or higher society setting then I'd think your version would fit better since it's more proper sounding then casual.

The biggest pitfall for writing lewds and even writing in general is incorrect grammar. It's even worse then typos (which are still pretty bad) because of how the brain works when reading since while it's possible to miss typos when reading something if you hit a grammar error it's almost guaranteed to break the flow of the words and subsequently the reader's immersion because they have to stop reading to mentally correct the sentence. While that might only take a single second or two to fix in the reader's head that's still a second or two that the reader is interrupted from their reading and no one likes to be interrupted when they're enjoying something. So the biggest advice I could give you is to not make mistakes in the language you're writing in.

Majokko Sharry(Shirley in my translation, could have gone with Charlie due to her alias as witch being Charlotte); 「もっと、もっと 私の中に奥まで突いて……!」Translates to "More, push it more deeper inside me…!" Which I changed to what I presented on my earlier post, I am sorry if that doesn't satisfy your taste in smut writing, but this is exactly what she says; "Motto, motto watashi no nakani okumade tsuite……!", I simply changed the first 'more' to 'deeper', because that's the kind of line I often see in doujins when it comes to initial insertion dialogue when the female is horny as fuck and erotically begging for the guy to go balls deep.

As for Le Dernier, that is the literal translation of the given line, the sentence had \.\. command on "between, while", which means 2 second pause in RPGmaker ACE terms before more text appears, I replaced that with a comma to make it easier to skip through already seen scenes, it is more of convenience on my end to be able to run through scenes without waiting for every pause that has been put in the flow of dialogue while play testing the scene in game, makes it tedious to go through dialogue that has around 10 seconds of wait command in between first letter and last period in every non dialogue text box, especially when the game in question is extremely text heavy when it comes to ero scenes, and this scene has 4 + 4 variations alone, risky day and safe day dialogue, so yeah, time to cut some corners in terms of aesthetics.

Home guard 2 is more recent practice of mine, I ended up using "The sense of pleasure spread around her face as my cock pounded into deepest part of her pussy." as final version of the given sentence instead of the one I posted above, the way I write english is what it is, as long as you can understand me, I am satisfied with it.

Rant warning
As for the grammatical errors, I can't help with those whenever those might pop up, I am not a english major / native, you're practically making a fun out of someone whom spend years to learn to speak and write it on level so that the person can at least cross the language barrier, I know my english is not perfect, I do my best regardless that obvious fault, how about you learn finnish (South Ostrobothnia or Karelian accent / dialect) within few years and translate a game from another foreign language you have to pick up from zero as well without any formal education for either, its a lot harder than I make it seem, if you can do that, then I will gracefully accept any and all complaints about my lack of proper english grammar, which is also why I don't work well with others when it comes to translation, so I can translate instead of wasting time to explain in detail why I chose to write it the way it is, or argue over creative differences, with the latter being the biggest reason why translation circles fall apart over time. 🧐 /Rant warning end

Long rant short, I am doing my best, okay?

With that, criticism received and taken into account. (y)

Last edited:

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Majokko Sharry(Shirley in my translation, could have gone with Charlie due to her alias as witch being Charlotte); 「もっと、もっと 私の中に奥まで突いて……!」Translates to "More, push it more deeper inside me…!" Which I changed to what I presented on my earlier post, I am sorry if that doesn't satisfy your taste in smut writing, but this is exactly what she says; "Motto, motto watashi no nakani okumade tsuite……!", I simply changed the first 'more' to 'deeper', because that's the kind of line I often see in doujins when it comes to initial insertion dialogue when the female is horny as fuck and erotically begging for the guy to go balls deep.

As for Le Dernier, that is the literal translation of the given line, the sentence had \.\. command on "between, while", which means 2 second pause in RPGmaker ACE terms before more text appears, I replaced that with a comma to make it easier to skip through already seen scenes, it is more of convenience on my end to be able to run through scenes without waiting for every pause that has been put in the flow of dialogue while play testing the scene in game, makes it tedious to go through dialogue that has around 10 seconds of wait command in between first letter and last period in every non dialogue text box, especially when the game in question is extremely text heavy when it comes to ero scenes, and this scene has 4 + 4 variations alone, risky day and safe day dialogue, so yeah, time to cut some corners in terms of aesthetics.

Home guard 2 is more recent practice of mine, I ended up using "The sense of pleasure spread around her face as my cock pounded into deepest part of her pussy." as final version of the given sentence instead of the one I posted above, the way I write english is what it is, as long as you can understand me, I am satisfied with it.

Rant warning
As for the grammatical errors, I can't help with those whenever those might pop up, I am not a english major / native, you're practically making a fun out of someone whom spend years to learn to speak and write it on level so that the person can at least cross the language barrier, I know my english is not perfect, I do my best regardless that obvious fault, how about you learn finnish (South Ostrobothnia or Karelian accent / dialect) within few years and translate a game from another foreign language you have to pick up from zero as well without any formal education for either, its a lot harder than I make it seem, if you can do that, then I will gracefully accept any and all complaints about my lack of proper english grammar, which is also why I don't work well with others when it comes to translation, so I can translate instead of wasting time to explain in detail why I chose to write it the way it is, or argue over creative differences, with the latter being the biggest reason why translation circles fall apart over time. 🧐 /Rant warning end

Long rant short, I am doing my best, okay?

With that, criticism received and taken into account. (y)
Oh uh I didn't mean to come off as rude or anything if I did I apologize. I'm not an english major either merely an native english speaker. For example I still don't know what the fuck semicolons are used for. You can just take my opinion as one from an average native speaker.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
As for the grammatical errors, I can't help with those whenever those might pop up, I am not a english major / native
You're good enough that I've never thought you weren't XD.

Oh uh I didn't mean to come off as rude or anything if I did I apologize. I'm not an english major either merely an native english speaker. For example I still don't know what the fuck semicolons are used for. You can just take my opinion as one from an average native speaker.
Most native speakers don't either. Hell, one of the college courses I took focused on their use for a large portion of time and I'm still pretty iffy.

GEORGEM

Reputation score
You're good enough that I've never thought you weren't XD.

Most native speakers don't either. Hell, one of the college courses I took focused on their use for a large portion of time and I'm still pretty iffy.
Bruh same

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Update on Karen, daughter of yadayadacrat (格闘令嬢カレン)

Added lewd translations to missionary and doggystyle scenes (Story & Extra) (buttons included.), started with cowgirl.
Fixed endings (Lewd ending was in moonspeak for some reason.) by giving those english translations after all this time, better late than never, eh? (buttons included.)
Added temporary fix on title screen gallery box, Lewd ending image slot (it was picture asset, not text format like the others.) now is in english, it will stand out like a sore thumb.
Improved Storyline english dialogue.

Haven't uploaded the progress yet, will test play it first to find faults, I hope the game did not break, the coding is such a mess in the older JKS games...

Edit, removed old files from repository (from the folder with my name on it), replaced with AIR version, hoping nothing broke.
Edit2; I noticed the text file I provided moons ago wasn't present in the folder, the one that explained the skill menu, what fate it has brought down upon itself? (Ever since my external hentai HDD died, it had the only copy out of it from my end, if no one else has a copy of it, I need to make picture guide instead for the the skill menu)
giphy (3).gif

Last edited:

ADM

Reputation score
thatguyinthecorner said:
For example I still don't know what the fuck semicolons are used for
Let me clarify - semicolons are used to link to independent clauses that are related to eachother. Think of it sort of like a substitute for "and/or".

I tend to use them a lot whenever I write; they make statements like this one feel a bit less like run-on sentences.

EDIT - I just looked it up, and there are even more uses for semicolons when you start involving lists, but those are far less common for your typical posts.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
IIRC semicolons in lists are to denote seperate parts of the list when commas are also used.
E.g.
Shopping list - get: apples, oranges, bananas; milk; bread; bacon, ham; eggs.

pablotron

Reputation score
Hello! im trying to apply a translation following the guide of the parser, but when i setup everything and click recompile, i get this warning...
did i miss something? its my first time doing this, please be gentle

Attachments

Delexicus

Reputation score
Hello! im trying to apply a translation following the guide of the parser, but when i setup everything and click recompile, i get this warning...
did i miss something? its my first time doing this, please be gentle
You need to uninstall 32-bit Java and install 64-bit Java. Otherwise the program can only use four gigabytes of system memory.

Delexicus

Reputation score
i install java64 and still appears...
You also need to uninstall 32-bit Java. They can't be installed at the same time. Both versions share the same global path variables. Only 32-bit Java will be seen even if you have both installed.

Edit 1)

After uninstalling 32-bit Java, you may also have to reinstall 64-bit Java. This will correct the global path values to point to 64-bit Java.

Last edited: