What's new

ACT Loli Shota [マルメワークス]専売 少年退魔伝アシタ~決戦!鬼ヶ城の段~ - Monster Fighter Boy Ashita ~Battle at Oni-Castle~ (RJ247593)

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
This is pretty untrue.

It is true that english titles are usually more popular but it's not always the case. Ason's (my current favorite developer) cumpet game only has 3 pages even though it's a FANTASTIC game. When it comes to female protag games some games get stupid popular even if there's no translation whatsoever.

Discussion wise, I think a game being translated is only a part of why that game would be well received or not.

FOBS got insanely popular even though it didn't have a translation for quite a while.

I think discussion and hype around this dev kinda died because his games are relatively shallow action games. Nobody really took an interest in the story or world because he doesn't really present it in an interesting way. People seem to generally gravitate towards discussing more story focused games.

Well...

Personally, I like this guy and his design sense, but I'm not the biggest fan of how he animates. The boobs look kinda boring and static in those animations, and the girls aren't very aggressive even if they take the lead. In comparison to the monsters from FOBS, there's no competition.
I guess I don't really know how popular FOBS truly is, because it's an unfinished game, but that aside I think you're right now that I think about it in the big picture I can think of other examples that I think had a big following that were only in Japanese.

Also this game has better art and is much better developed in my honest opinion and I'm not really sure why to be honest. I think it's because of the text and the art. I'm open to your thoughts on why it hasn't sold as much in comparison to excessm then. Excessm and zell have websites that bring in lots of traffic, do you think that is it?

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I guess I don't really know how popular FOBS truly is, because it's an unfinished game, but that aside I think you're right now that I think about it in the big picture I can think of other examples that I think had a big following that were only in Japanese.

Also this game has better art and is much better developed in my honest opinion and I'm not really sure why to be honest. I think it's because of the text and the art. I'm open to your thoughts on why it hasn't sold as much in comparison to excessm then. Excessm and zell have websites that bring in lots of traffic, do you think that is it?
Partly. I just think this guy's marketing is bad. He only posts on pixiv and isn't an active member of the eroge community. Zell's site has handpicked recommendations that fit his tastes and are usually good because he's part of the community.

I think Twitter is EXTREMELY important in this case. ExcessM and Zell post there semi-often, engage with the creators of other games and even draw fanart for other projects. They broaden their userbase by becoming more open.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
Partly. I just think this guy's marketing is bad. He only posts on pixiv and isn't an active member of the eroge community. Zell's site has handpicked recommendations that fit his tastes and are usually good because he's part of the community.

I think Twitter is EXTREMELY important in this case. ExcessM and Zell post there semi-often, engage with the creators of other games and even draw fanart for other projects. They broaden their userbase by becoming more open.
Interesting thanks, also I noticed I didn't really communicate clearly, I was comparing to zell's art earlier

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Love this game. It's quite a lot of fun, but for some strange reason... After finishing the game I never open it back up again.
I've even opened up Shota Fight more than once. I feel like... this game has very minimal eroticism even though it's all content I'm SUPER into.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
There's a new Ci-En blogpost.

It seems he's added many more foreplay animations.
Well... since the small-fry enemies only get 1 animation that's a bit disappointing for me personally.

Some new positions in there though. I think he heard the complaints that his scenes weren't exciting so he decided to rectify it with new positions.
I'm with Aesthetic on this though... It's not the actual positions that's the problem. It's the floaty animation. There's no real impact or aggressiveness. It's an interesting step to try and remedy the problem but I don't think it'll help in the end.

Also seems like he's going to work on a game with a female protag next. He also plans on increasing the resolution of the animated scenes for the female protagonist game. It'll be a traditional ryona game. I don't understand what he means when he says he wants to increase the amount of "monstrous" enemies because of this. Curious to see if the female protag is going to fight the monster girls he already drew or male monsters / enemies. If the scene he drew to show it off is anything to go by it's the latter.

OP
Aesthetic

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Monster Fighter Boy Ashita Final Battle has been released.

Variety in scenes seems to be pretty good too. I feel like the team got really comfortable working with each other and because of that the game's got a lot of new interesting gimmiks. I worry about the difficulty though. I'm buying the game today and will give a full review later.

EDIT: I think the method to make it so you can access the gallery from version 1 and 2 is by copying over the complete savefile from the last game.

Ok, so I've played the game. Used that DLSite coupon and got it for pretty cheap actually.

The game is harder than part2. It's designed with the expectation that you'd have full health and high stamina by now. The reason being that all bosses take so many more hits than before. Like so much more.
There's a few glitches here and there, but nothing that'll stop you from progressing.

Some of the girls have maledom scenes now as well surprisingly. There's two doggystyle poses from what I've seen so far so... I guess the dev has been listening to some of the requests he's gotten on his Ci-En. It's still mostly femdom though.

Game is longer than part 2 as well. It feels a little unfinished and I couldn't find the password to the zip file even after beating the game. Maybe I'm missing something... His previous games were hyper straightforward and I did get a credits scene so I really doubt it though.

Most of the new foreplay is paizuri as well. Some bjs as well. I think he was pretty smart in how he handled it though. The enemies that do foreplay scenes are the types that are more monster than girl. Like the mermaid or centaur. No disappointment when you get paizuri or a bj from them, because you weren't expecting sex anyway. It's not like the minotaur of part 2 that has a paizuri scene even if she looked humanoid. On his Ci-En he acknowledged that fans were disappointed about that.

Bosses still follow the pattern from Part 2. One scene sex, one scene foreplay.

Last edited:

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
mw5 is the omake password.

you can use your old save file, and it'll unlock worlds 1 and 2 so you get the complete package. Why does the final world have 6 extra levels? is that a dlc tease?

Last edited:

Quite Frankly

Reputation score

you can use your old save file, and it'll unlock worlds 1 and 2 so you get the complete package. Why does the final world have 6 extra levels? is that a dlc tease?
Sorry how do i combine my old games?

TheUnsaid

Reputation score

How'd you figure out the password?

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sorry how do i combine my old games?
You only need your old save file. simply drag and drop it into part 3. World 1 and 2 will become available on the world map select. Press up and down to access them. At least, thats how it worked for me.

How'd you figure out the password?
it's in the credits. red text.

kenkashi501

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
The way I fixed the black screen is by putting the files for the game into a folder with the game's name and not the 少年退魔伝アシタ③ folder it came in after unzipping. My file name is [200502][同人ゲーム][マルメワークス] 少年退魔伝アシタ~最終決戦!天竺の段~ [RJ279794]. I hope this helps.

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
You only need your old save file. simply drag and drop it into part 3. World 1 and 2 will become available on the world map select. Press up and down to access them. At least, thats how it worked for me.

it's in the credits. red text.
thanks

shinryu

Reputation score
The way I fixed the black screen is by putting the files for the game into a folder with the game's name and not the 少年退魔伝アシタ③ folder it came in after unzipping. My file name is [200502][同人ゲーム][マルメワークス] 少年退魔伝アシタ~最終決戦!天竺の段~ [RJ279794]. I hope this helps.
that worked